Smiley
Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm pumped to make it out this year, and help with anything I can.

I'm actually in a roller derby league in the area, that has a lot of gamers in it.

I'll keep in touch about helping with local logistics and such.
Awwww Fook!
I'm definitely going to do the best I can to make it to AGDQ 2015.
I just hope I can survive the winter lol (from California)
Sweet! I'm excited. Hopefully most of the Tropical Freeze crew can make it!
I'm super interested in attending the next AGDQ. However interest leads to question. So here's my first one. How much does it cost to attend and stay at AGDQ usually?
Just a guy
Quote from icantpronouncethis:
I'm super interested in attending the next AGDQ. However interest leads to question. So here's my first one. How much does it cost to attend and stay at AGDQ usually?

Can't give specifics yet, but attendance cost is usually around $40 for the week. Hotel varies, but if you split a room 4 ways, it's usually around $900 for a week (divided by four)
New Guy
Hey, I'm pretty new to the forums but I've been following some of the speedrunners of AGDQ/SGDQ for years and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming AGDQ.
Actually hoping to attend this year and maybe even volunteer as tech help/donation reader/whatever it is I can volunteer for.
Anyway super enjoyed SGDQ this year, hoping for just a stellar AGDQ. Anyone wanna tell me how to go about getting signed up for volunteering? I understand it's a bit soon to be asking just popping the question out there.
Formerly known as Skullboy
When AGDQ is a lot closer there will be a thread for volunteering with instructions and such for signing up. The best thing to do is check the forums off and on for the thread, which should be in the same section of the forum as this thread.
I'm hoping to attend AGDQ this year and possibly do a run. After last year's million dollar hype, I can't wait to see what will happen this year.
I'm almost certainly going to go this year. Here's hoping my game can get in this year!
Registered to hopefully help out and attend one of these (in addition to donating), where / when does registration start? How does someone get tickets to the event? Would love to help out in any way I can. Watching this year's was amazing.
Games!
Probably no helping it, since MAGFest picked such late dates for next year. But it was really cool doing MAGFest and AGDQ back-to-back last January.

http://magfest.org/magfest-13-announcement

AGDQ: 3rd - 13th
MAGFest: 23rd - 26th

Just something to consider Wink
Not a walrus
At this point we're pretty much not going to worry about what MAGFest does, it's already hard enough to pick good days.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Tterraj42:
Probably no helping it, since MAGFest picked such late dates for next year. But it was really cool doing MAGFest and AGDQ back-to-back last January.

http://magfest.org/magfest-13-announcement

AGDQ: 3rd - 13th
MAGFest: 23rd - 26th

Just something to consider Wink

I'm sure they'd be willing to change the dates to coincide with our marathon.
Worthless categories WR master
Quote from Edobean:
I just hope I can survive the winter lol (from California)

I sure hope so, this year there was barely an inch of snow on the ground and it had all melted by the end of the week. I felt like I was in mid-april.
We require more minerals
Quote from theprawn26:
Hi all, how do I go about applying to be a donation reader for AGDQ 2015? Thanks

Hi, this will be announced closer to the event when people who are applying will have a better idea on if they can go or not.
Edit history:
Rotorstorm331: 2014-07-12 03:06:48 pm
Rotorstorm331: 2014-07-12 03:06:08 pm
Rotorstorm331: 2014-07-12 03:05:45 pm
I'll wait until the location is announced; I would like to go to one of these marathons, problem is I don't like traveling that much; ( Been a army brat for most of my dad's career in the military, and kinda burned out on moving and traveling....:( ) if the location was around Cincinnati, I could go.  But if not, I'll see if I can work something out.

At Kroger, they don't usually give us vacation suggestions until near the end off December, which makes it harder for me to arrange a week off in January, let alone certain weeks that are blocked off during the year.  But for now I'll just see what happens...
I'm really hoping I can attend.  I'm not a runner, so I'll definitely volunteer in any capacity I can if I can come!
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
even if i can't speed run anything, i really want to attend one of these events one day.
Howdy!
It's going to snow a lot. I have a premonition. Have backup streamers and make sure the Internet connection and power are reasonably stable.
Edit history:
DarkFrog: 2014-09-30 10:41:48 am
Speed Run games at 20% coolness
Well, I'm going to try again to make it to AGDQ 2015 again, this time though I'm going to use a train instated of a bus.

Hopefully I won't have any problems getting on the 2nd train, after the first one in Toronto and get on the Toronto to Washington, DC
I just put in the vacation days.  Looking to hit up my first GDQ and meet up with some of you guys in person. Smiley
Could (whoever is in charge of that) update https://gamesdonequick.com accordingly? Thats apparently where people look first (myself included).
It seems updated to me?
I think I can be there for all the days. Ready to donation read, network with muggles at the hotel, help run the poker tourney, and be generally terrible at a Rayman game, if my last event is any indication.
Screw the Sanity meter, who needs it
Not much of a speedrunner,  but definitely looking forward to joining everyone, and maybe being a donation reader, as my voice has been compared to Riv's, of League of Legends shoutcasting fame. Which works, because I shoutcast as well. Either way, gonna be a blast of a week!