<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
nate: 2015-09-16 07:58:21 am
i have released it as the new version for windows. also updated the source tarball.

edit: crap, forgot about the typo in the about dialog. i guess it'll go out next release.
Isn´t it possible to set multiple frameranges in Yua? If I set a second one, the first one gets deleted.
you want to select the frame range you want to delete, then hit the delete key. repeat as necessary.
Ahh. my bad. I thought it´s like in anri-chan, where you select the frameranges which should get rendered. Thanks
Just wanted to inform you that I had to apply some changes to make it build with the latest FFmpeg git snapshot version: https://github.com/darealshinji/yua/commit/f2f4f40a29b66bb3cd1f110850fdcd5c93a35475
I'm trying to make my own Windows builds using mxe and the build files from my Github fork.
Encoding a video works, even with deinterlacing enabled, but then the program throws the following error message: Yua: mp4box_process error: 0
This happens with current builds of mp4box as well as older versions. I get the same error in Wine and on Windows 10.

Here are all the commands I use for cross-building on Linux:
Code:
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/darealshinji/yua.git
cd yua
export PATH="$HOME/mxe/usr/bin:$PATH"
QMAKE=qmake-qt5 ./configure --target=i686-w64-mingw32.static
make -j4

Any ideas what the problem might be?

it launches mp4box as a subprocess. you'll have to enable printing of the mp4box output to console to debug it (uncomment the first line in Yua::process_muxer_output()). or maybe it can't find mp4box in the first place.
It didn't found the binary despite being attached to the program. It seems I had overseen that even on Windows the programs need to be attached without the .exe file extension. Now encoding and adding audio commentaries works. Thanks for that hint.
0-10
Is the cropping controlled only by mouse? If so, I request a second control method be added for it.
yeah, it's kind of lame right now. noted. one thing you might try is maximizing the yua window ... i've found that helps to get the cropping more precise.
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2016-01-26 10:16:12 pm
0-10
Ooh, hadn't thought of that. I'll give that a try.

:edit:
That definitely helps, though I'm still having aspect ratio issues with my videos. Oh well, progress! Cheesy
make sure you're not fooled by the preview when it encodes. the preview isn't shown with the correct aspect ratio if you use cropping. but the output (with the possible exception of the statid) should be correct.
Edit history:
Riskbreaker Y: 2016-03-14 02:03:14 pm
berserker status
I'm having issues with yua regarding ripping the actual contents of the disc onto the program itself.  When I finalized the disc, there are 12 segments that are saved onto the disc.  When I try to rip the contents, however, it appears as though there are only 4 segments that are rippeable and actually seems to cut off significant portions.  Am I using this program correctly or am I missing something?  I am using windows 7 so maybe that is the problem?  I'm really hoping there's nothing screwy going on with my dvd recorder.  I've used this program successfully before so I'm a bit baffled.  Thanks!

Edit:  it seems to cut out segments 3 and 4, jumping part of the way into 5.  otherwise everything is there, it was recorded in SP quality but saved the videos in SPP quality to fit onto one disc (total length is over 2 hrs).
yeah, that is a standard dvd. to split the vobs by segment you have to use a different tool. if you're on windows (or have access to windows) you can use anri-chan to do it. go to rip dvd from the main menu and then find the files in c:\anrichanwhatever it is, can't remember now. if you don't have access to windows but are on a unix-like os you can use mplayer like so:

Code:
mplayer -dvd-device /path/to/dvd dvd://1 -dumpstream -dumpfile seg1.vob
mplayer -dvd-device /path/to/dvd dvd://2 -dumpstream -dumpfile seg2.vob

and so on. note that you will get two copies of every segment if you keep incrementing the number but you can just discard those duplicates.
While watching the newest runs, I have wondered "why is everyone still using old versions of x264?". It's not about being picky about it, it's about the fact that x264 has improved like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of itself, up to the encoding speed to the end result, which now has improved its video quality and made the file size even smaller! So if anything, this program should have the latest version of x264 (which can be found on http://x264.nl (Binaries) or in here: http://komisar.gin.by/ [the latter site allows the output to be MP4) and really push people around so everyone updates it, because it's a benefit to the viewer.
Edit history:
djcj: 2016-05-06 09:12:28 am
Quote from Guga:
While watching the newest runs, I have wondered "why is everyone still using old versions of x264?". It's not about being picky about it, it's about the fact that x264 has improved like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of itself, up to the encoding speed to the end result, which now has improved its video quality and made the file size even smaller! So if anything, this program should have the latest version of x264 (which can be found on http://x264.nl (Binaries) or in here: http://komisar.gin.by/ [the latter site allows the output to be MP4) and really push people around so everyone updates it, because it's a benefit to the viewer.

Linux and Windows binaries using latest x264 (0.148.2694): https://github.com/darealshinji/yua/releases/tag/v9-16.05.06
Yua is only giving me medium and low quality versions of my run, because it says the medium quality version is good enough.  Is it ok to just submit these two versions?
This has been addressed in a non-public part of the forum. I can therefore not link to the post, but the relevant part of it reads like this:
Quote from nate:
mq is now (with the next release of yua) going to be encoded with the same h.264 profile and features as lq and hq. that in turn means that for some games, yua will only produce lq and mq, and the mq will be the hq renamed to mq.

so, runs with only lq/mq files (no hq or above) will become more common than they are now. if it's metroid prime or call of duty or something and you see only lq/mq then this is probably a mistake, but if it's low resolution/simple graphics like game boy/game boy advance or low framerate/dark like metal gear solid 1 or the early silent hill games then lq/mq only is probably correct.

(The same might very well have been posted in the public part of the forum as well without my knowledge.)
Any advice on encoding ShadowPlay recordings ? Their video codec is H264 - MPEG-4 AVC, audio codec MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a).
Creating a LQ encode of a ~400mb file (~3 minutes; 1920x1080) using Yua takes 15 minutes.
yeah, high resolution/framerate input will take a lot of cpu. or the input isn't interlaced is it? if it is ... yikes. better record in progressive scan if possible.
ShadowPlay uses only progressive since it's a software on the PC that does the recording (using the GPU as help).
Yep, the input is progressive scan.

Anyway, I found a solution for my needs.
Edit history:
12114: 2022-02-08 09:51:53 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hi nate, yua straight up shuts down when I try to open my Dungeon keeper 1 fraps recorded gameplay. Is there any way to fix it? Should I process it with a lossless codec in vdub first or something?

Edit: Sorta figured it out I think.
yikes. that's rare. wonder if it's due to the fraps codec. i know some versions of it don't mix well with ffmpeg's decoder, which yua uses. my solution is always the same - just run the file through vdub first, saving a new master file that's in some other lossless codec. then yua should open that new file fine.
Edit history:
12114: 2022-04-25 12:02:30 am
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hello again lol. I did the method you suggested, do a lossless encode with vdub, and yeah Yua was able to open it this time. But there's a new problem, it seems to delete several frames at the end of the video (including the few black/blank frames and even a couple of frames of actual gameplay). If I keep pushing right arrow on the progress slider at the end it stops short at 10960 frames whereas it should be 10972 or so, and when I encode with Yua it also misses those last 12 frames at the end, not sure why.