<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
what are you using to check for desync?
HELLO!
I'm watching the video and seeing that the sound effects are happening nowhere near where they're supposed to. Smiley

Beginning to wonder if something fluky happened with that video though, since I haven't reproduced it since.  I'll speak up again if I can get a clean test case of a problem.
sorry, meant which player.

different players definitely handle yua's vfr output in terms of a/v sync differently. i spent a lot of time in 2013 testing things in various players. it's highly unlikely i'd be able to fix whatever happened to you, but i am nonetheless curious which player(s) you are trying, since i probably remember which ones perform better and worse.
HELLO!
I was using VLC and mplayerx.
if you happen to run into this again, also try quicktime to see if it's any different.
I've added some code that allows Yua to use an external nnedi3_weights.bin resource instead of an embedded one:
https://github.com/darealshinji/yua/commit/6e0c6ab35667b5e210829b99531983123f75e314
I thought you might find this interesting.
have different versions of that file come out?
It could be interesting for Linux packaging since the VapourSynth nnedi3 plugin uses the same file. But for most purposes it doesn't give you any advantages at all.
<(^_^)>
This may have been answered already, but I'm interested in getting some of my yua-encoded videos up on youtube with 60fps. Currently, youtube will only allow 60 fps videos for HD quality videos, and most of my footage is 480p. Is there any option on yua to upscale this such that youtube (or other applications) will think the encoded video will be HD?
Edit history:
Odylg: 2015-06-03 07:30:27 am
Odylg: 2015-06-03 06:47:45 am
I run this here hotel of an evening
If I encode a video with yua and I don't add the statID, then decide later to add it, do I need to reencode using the original file or can I just use the already encoded file? I ask because the original files are too big to keep. I'm fairly low on space and I can't put the finish time until the run is done.
Quote from kirbymastah:
This may have been answered already, but I'm interested in getting some of my yua-encoded videos up on youtube with 60fps. Currently, youtube will only allow 60 fps videos for HD quality videos, and most of my footage is 480p. Is there any option on yua to upscale this such that youtube (or other applications) will think the encoded video will be HD?

nope. it's funny. youtube never changes. but it makes sense when you think about what brings in the bucks. a video of someone playing an nes game? probably not.

Quote from Odylg:
If I encode a video with yua and I don't add the statID, then decide later to add it, do I need to reencode using the original file or can I just use the already encoded file? I ask because the original files are too big to keep. I'm fairly low on space and I can't put the finish time until the run is done.

you can't use yua to add a statid to an already encoded video since yua only encodes, doesn't append. but statid is not required to submit. it's just a bling thing, maybe it could discourage some people from ripping off your run too.
i can't just encode the result the same way i encoded the original?

i thought all sda runs had it at the beginning
Quote from Odylg:
i can't just encode the result the same way i encoded the original?

it will lower the quality. you can encode to lossless as many times as you want but yua doesn't make lossless encodes. it only makes final encodes.

Quote:
i thought all sda runs had it at the beginning

nope.
so those who did segmented runs and had the statid on each segment waited until they finished the run before encoding anything?

can i put the statid without the time then? i only ask because i plan on submitting
Quote from Odylg:
so those who did segmented runs and had the statid on each segment waited until they finished the run before encoding anything?

must have yeah.

Quote:
can i put the statid without the time then? i only ask because i plan on submitting

yeah, i know that some people do this.
cool, I'll do that then. thanks for clarifying.
welcome to the machine
I've been recording attempts for super meat boy. For my previous submission, I recorded to lagarith, but I think I was limited by disk speed. I could only record at 50% resolution or else I'd get lag spikes ingame & the recording would be ridiculously choppy. Recently I switched over to recording losslessly using x264vfw, which allowed me to record at 1920x1080 without any problems.

problem is, when I feed the footage into yua, it comes out looking like this. game ain't supposed to be that green & purple, and I have no idea what I can do about it. the source video displays fine on yua's preview screen & in other playback applications (vlc), & handbrake made a workable encode for youtube so I'm pretty sure it's not incorrectly recorded.

links: x264vfw settings, example sourcefile
Sounds like swapped chroma planes to me. I had an issue too (in a program that processed YV12 that I wrote), where YV12, which I believe X264 uses, swaps the chroma planes as opposed to other color space formats.
what version of yua are you using?
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Yeah this is the old bug I discovered with 4:4:4 content. It's been fixed, just use latest Yua (encoded sourcefile given to verify it's displaying properly).
welcome to the machine
ah yeah, i thought i had the latest version. shame i wasted yall's time on it, but at least it was an easy fix.
Edit history:
adeyblue: 2015-07-20 07:30:43 pm
My temp path is on a ramdisk, it became full the other day during encoding. When it hit the limit, instead of stopping or erroring Yua just kept on going. Obviously out of disk space isn't a common thing but it'd be nice if it didn't keep on encoding when there's nowhere to write it.
On a completely unrelevant note, I do think that Yua should allow changing the temp path. The temp directory is usually for small files. Big files should not necessarily reside there as temp paths can be limited in space.
There's a small typo in the "about" dialog that I didn't realize before: https://github.com/darealshinji/yua/commit/688487936986f60e31b842b1c28564488cd15d00
Well this isn't good.  I've updated to the latest Yua version but it gives me the unsupported video codec: none error.  I recorded in uncompressed huffyuv (HYMT).  Might be due to all the branching huffyuv codecs out there and this one ended up not being supported in Yua.  Any work arounds I can do?