Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 22
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey I'm F2FRONT500, I've been running this game (N64) a lot. I'm planning to get a sub 3:10 on easy. I got a 3:13. A few things...

1. I caught an out of bounds trick in Hive of the Mantids. The room where the soldiers are guarding the third Queen room, one of the pushed my off the ladder and it pushed me to a blank then up the top. I'm not sure how I did it since it was by accident.

2. Is it possible in River of Souls, in the third sister Graveyard, to pull a death warp after you kill her?

3. The Eye of Truth trick seems to be hard to pull it off on the 64 version with the lag and shit! It's even harder to do in the Primagen's Lightship since there's no boost there. So I play a safer strat. Fucking lame, I know.

4. Does anyone plan to do 100% run collecting every Nuke and Talismans? I did it, and my best is 3:54. Basically around Marshmallow's any% Normal run.
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2014-10-13 05:09:56 pm
Bismuth: 2014-10-13 05:09:23 pm
Bismuth: 2014-10-13 05:09:20 pm
Worthless categories WR master
1. Seems interesting, I have never heard of going out of bounds in this game before. It looks like they handle it in a boring way, though.
2. Yes, but it is impractical because usually your health should not be that low when you get there. You can't kill yourself in the poisonous water either because you should have the breath of life talisman that greatly helps in RoS. Getting your health to be that low would lose more time than dying there would save.
3. I've never tried that trick on N64 but I do know that the lag is nearly unbearable. That, the controls and the fact that I don't own a cartridge are the three reasons why I don't run it on N64.
4. I don't plan on it, but congratulations.

As for how I am with running this game, I don't forget it but I don't see myself doing full game runs. Random crashes, unstable speed, random softlocks, odd PC-only glitches, etc. Only the first 3 missions are enjoyable to me, so there is a chance that I will keep running this game, but only the first 3 missions. I'd like it if there were more people running that and we could call it some kind of category, even though it doesn't even beat the game. I just play what's fun to me.
Quote from Bismuth:
1. Seems interesting, I have never heard of going out of bounds in this game before. It looks like they handle it in a boring way, though.

Like I said it was by accident. When that happened I went "oh shit! The fucking Soldier trolled again!" However, he pushed me out of bounds and up the top.
Quote:
2. Yes, but it is impractical because usually your health should not be that low when you get there. You can't kill yourself in the poisonous water either because you should have the breath of life talisman that greatly helps in RoS. Getting your health to be that low would lose more time than dying there would save.

Well, you could turn on the blood and make sure the big zombie hits you with the fire since it does 10 damage. However, I'm not sure if it's faster get out with the water boosting. Hmmmm...maybe on easy. But easy is pain to death warp with dying by enemies since they shoot at a specific (eg. endtrails shoot lasers twice on easy but hard they shoot infinitely).
Quote:
3. I've never tried that trick on N64 but I do know that the lag is nearly unbearable. That, the controls and the fact that I don't own a cartridge are the three reasons why I don't run it on N64.

As far as I know, G87 told me Squeebles pulled it off but I'm not sure if it was with cheats which is obviously ineligible unless you put in another category (eg. cheat any%), which I do sometimes. I did do it but with the invincibility cheat. It's also harder to pull it off on easy too since, like I said before, enemies are much dumber and weaker.
Quote:
4. I don't plan on it, but congratulations.

Thanks. I'm thinking of going for sub 3:50 but sub 3:55 is amazing. Beat my previous PR (4:05). I also forgot, it should also means collecting every weapon. That includes the tranquilizer gun, which you can get the fastest at Lair of the Blind Ones in the cave towards the Talisman portal (obviously you're going to need the Heart of Fire for 100%).
Edit history:
Bismuth: 2014-10-16 03:38:09 am
For 2, consider this

I really doubt you could fit in enough damage to make a deathwarp worth it. Note that it is on easy, but blood is on.

Also, I'm not sure about the tranquilizer in the Lair, but I do know that getting it in RoS would lose about 5-6 seconds. When you reach the warp between two ladders (9:44 in the video I linked), simply climb the ladder to your right and strafe jump diagonally across to the right where the gun is, and you can reach the platform. Note that you can also reach the warp to the final area, but that would skip objectives so you can't beat the mission that way. It's a neat shortcut still.
Edit history:
The_Lisener_Canon: 2014-10-16 12:21:53 pm
The_Lisener_Canon: 2014-10-16 12:21:49 pm
The_Lisener_Canon: 2014-10-16 12:21:48 pm
The_Lisener_Canon: 2014-10-16 12:21:42 pm
The_Lisener_Canon: 2014-10-16 12:21:39 pm
Well, then maybe the death warping is a lot easier to do in the N64 version. I did it in my easy run, which finally got me a sub 3:10. I do the same in Death Marshes after I get the 2nd satchel charge with the muddy water.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the tranquilizer in ROS, but like you said, it skips objectives to do so it's not worth it. In on my previous 100% runs, I got it from there, but then I realize tranquilizer in Lair is a lot faster and easier.

P.S. That skip with the 2nd key, that seems to be a PC version skip, right?
Well, only reaching the warp to the final area skips objectives, you can simply go back to the normal path and it would cost at most 10 seconds, I'd estimate about 6.
I am error.
Hello.

This game have been interesting me for quite a while now, but there are absolutely NO runs on the leaderboards for this game on Speedrun.com (except individual levels)

So, I had a question, what is the World Record for Any% for this game (both PC and N64)