Edit history:
Aithere: 2017-01-03 07:35:25 pm
Aithere: 2017-01-03 07:35:11 pm
Aithere: 2017-01-03 06:40:11 pm
Aithere: 2017-01-03 12:12:12 pm
Aithere: 2016-12-19 11:23:08 pm
Aithere: 2016-12-19 11:16:11 pm
Aithere: 2016-12-19 11:14:18 pm

Hello again SDA, as shown by the initial topic (https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/gauging_interest_for_a_triace_marathon_in_2017.html) as well as people joining the tri-Ace discord, I'd like to formally announce the tri-Ace 2017 RPG Marathon.

tri-Ace was founded in March 1995, and has since then provided a good amount of unique action RPGs with interesting mechanics. They're even more apparent during the speedruns of the games, ranging from making things hilariously broken to making fights really flashy and fast. To celebrate over 20 years of video games from the triangled RPG developer, this marathon aims to showcase the tri-Ace community at large along with the games.

When? - March 18 & 19, 2017 (Saturday and Sunday)
Where? - The RPGLimitBreak twitch channel (https://twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak)

I've already talked to people who were already interested in running games for the marathon, but for transparency's sake, I'd like for submissions to be posted here in this topic. Please also join the tri-Ace Speedrun Discord here: https://discord.gg/jxXzMEu

Right now, I am primarily looking at any% runs. If you have another kind of category or are submitting a race, note it in the "Other Info" section.

Submissions will be closed Saturday, January 21. Expect the schedule to be ready no later than the start of February. Thanks all!

Example submission:

Handle: twitch.tv/aithere
Game: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Estimate: 3:30:00
Availability: All day both days
Other Info: Galaxy Difficulty. Game likes to get tri-Aces and make me salty.

If you have any other questions or concerns, contact me on discord or on twitter (@aitheregaming).
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Dragondarch: 2016-12-27 09:02:57 am
Pudding%
Handle: twitch.tv/dragondarchsda
Game: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Estimate: 2:40:00
Availability: I'd like to say any time, but we'll see what's going on closer to the event.
Other Info: TRPG with Valkyrie Profile combat elements. Route revolves around permanently killing off characters for huge bonuses to their stats for one map, and overpowered abilities added to the main character. 2 possible routes that are close in time, though it needs routing done on both. Could possibly even make a strawpoll and let the viewers decide the route taken.
Edit history:
takaze: 2017-01-19 11:44:56 pm
takaze: 2017-01-19 11:44:42 pm
takaze: 2017-01-19 11:43:53 pm
Handle: twitch.tv/takazetv
Game: Star Ocean: Blue Sphere
Estimate: 3:45:00
Availability: Either Day with enough notice.
Other Info: Relatively unknown direct sequel to SO2 that released on the GBC, in Japan only. As one of the last GBC games, it is very impressive what they were able to fit onto the cart. Battle system is somewhat reminiscent of Tales of Phantasia with an added combo system. Speedrun focuses on a particular skill route to optimize stats & crafting . Currently ran on a SuperGameBoy (intentionally) so unfortunately no color. (Working on a route that could possibly play on GameBoy Player)

*Edit - Note: No completed english translation available.
Handle: twitch.tv/gearlessrobot
Game: Star Ocean: The Second Story Rena%
Estimate: 5:25:00
Availability: Either day after 12 PM EST
Other Info: Last year I ran Claude's story so I want to switch it up and run Rena's story this year. The biggest difference is that you have Dias instead of Leon, which makes a couple boss fights a lot easier. The run needs AI Claude to win one of two fights about an hour and half in, but I can load a safety save if things go wrong. If this seems like a bad idea, I can run Claude's story instead.
Edit history:
someDDRnoob: 2016-12-27 04:32:24 am
Stream monster
Handle: twitch.tv/someDDRnoob
Game: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International Earth%
Estimate: 2:55:00
Availability: Any except Saturday 6pm-12am
Other Info: Earth Difficulty, this difficulty has not been showcased by me in a full speedrun, and involves a few notable battle changes, making some strategies in Galaxy difficulty unnecessary. Safety saves are absolutely needed due to possibilities of soft/hardlocking the game in inopportune times.
Wanting my handle is to much....Kappa

Handle: twitch.tv/gerrick1
Game Star Ocean First Departure
Estimate 3:15
Availability, whenever dawg, since it's on a weekend.
Other Info....IC is the best mechanic in any game ever made, and if you don't agree I would agree to fight you.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Handle: twitch.tv/rudyxx
Game: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Estimate: 7 hours

Game: Radiata Stories (Human Path)
Estimate: 5:30:00

Availability: Whenever over the weekend is fine
Other Info: I can do one game or the other, but not both. I don't mind doing either one equally.
Insanity Prelude
Handle: twitch.tv/tideruglia
Game: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Estimate: 3:40:00
Availability: Saturday Evening preferred, should be available for both days however. Best to avoid 6:30-7:30 pm EST time.
Other Info: Galaxy Difficulty. Mah boi aithere's favourite game.

Game: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Estimate: 2:40:00
Availability: See above.
Other Info: This game makes me BabyRage

Game: Resonance of Fate
Estimate: 3:00:00
Availability: See above.
Other Info: Shoot some dudes!

I can race if people want to do that or do more than 1 run but I leave this decision to mah boi aithere. Also, I run 3 tri-ace games cause I like triangles and shizzle.
Handle: twitch.tv/cleartonic
Game: Star Ocean (SFC)
Estimate: 4:00:00 (accounts for English patch)
Availability: Mid afternoon to late night (~2AM EST) is preferable, mornings are tied up
Desc: Rarely seen among western players, the original Star Ocean is one of SFC's most beautiful games with a fitting & brilliantly aesthetic soundtrack. Speedrun is hard and dangerous, but the game generally allows you to save at convenient spots. Movement speed with the run ability is FAST, and you get to drastically reduce encounters with an acquired skill. Boss fights are brutal. Will play English translation for viewers to follow the story (text scrolls at a very readable pace).
Edit history:
Msmbpods: 2017-01-14 04:16:54 pm
Handle: twitch.tv/msmbpods
Game: Infinite Undiscovery
Estimate: 3:20.00
Availability: Unsure yet Sad
Desc: A game that non would ever expect to see on this list, While im rusty and most runner arei would love to get some support for this game. I own all three version and can play any version minor difference between them all, NTSC-U -NTSC-J, NTSC-K (korean english ver)
Simple this game is fun and very engaging to watch, No glitches or anything just simply going fast. Good music along side some really good combat.

(honestly unsure if it possible i can run this due to so much rust, but submitting to make sure. If i cant maybe another runner could)
http://www.speedrun.com/iud
I'm Japanese RPG speedrun player
Handle: twitch.tv/mokapeer
Game: Infinite Undiscovery (JP version)
Estimate: 3:05:00
Availability: Anytime
Other Info: I'm Japanese and my English is very poor. But Msmbpods becomes my run commentator.
My IUD run description is here. -> http://speeddemosarchive.com/InfiniteUndiscovery.html
To add Japanese version does have some minor difference that make it the fastest version of the game. Two commentators may join, me for sure and along aside zefferrs possibly depending on the date and time. Even though it's the Japanese version of game we both are prepared to commentate the Japanese version, as I myself run this version also. But all strats apply to both versions also. Any questions feel free to ask.
Alright everyone, that should be it for submissions.

I'll be releasing drafts of the schedule on the tri-Ace discord and eventually releasing the finalized schedule by the start of February at the latest.

Stay salted.
Here is the official horaro link to the schedule. See you all in March!

https://horaro.org/triace2017/schedule
Stream monster
tri-ACE 2017 has concluded! All the highlights for the event are located here in this YouTube playlist

Overall, it was quite an entertaining show, filled with some great runs and commentaries by all. A few technical issues and bad luck happened towards the end, but that could not be helped given the unfortunate circumstances.

I've made comments on my own run on the YouTube video as a post-mortem. Hope you guys enjoyed everything we had to offer!