Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Aimlezz brings up a curious question though. What categories do we actually have for this game? Should we come up with more?
I know that some people actually routed 100% (maybe not entirely though), but I never saw a run of it. I'll definitely be interested in watching one ! It could be a nice category.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-22 04:48:42 pm
Quote from MoXxi:
I know that some people actually routed 100% (maybe not entirely though), but I never saw a run of it. I'll definitely be interested in watching one ! It could be a nice category.

definetly. And i'd suggest Bow-only, Pistol-only, any % glitchless
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-05-22 06:51:44 pm
I'd like to add a no skywalk% and possibly a forward% that disallows backwards clipping.
Nice ! I'm happy to see that Aimlezz is now a mod, the TR2013 section on speedrun.com is back to life ! Thank you Ewil.
I have one question concerning the run validation, what about video without timer ? For example, what if my video lasts the exact run time but no timer inside ?
I'd suggest to distinguish between PC and console. Well, i'm no expert in PS3, PS4 and One but there's a gap between PC and 360.

@Zydin, you told me about some 360 Lara skywalker, can you tell me more please ?

@MoXxi, nice one with the pipes, I'll definitely try it tomorrow.
Dang, I just wanted to go through the whole Knowledge Base page and learn all the techniques and the route in general, but now it looks like all the sites are completely empty at the moment. https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Tomb_Raider_2013
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 04:42:18 am
Quote from Traivlin:
Dang, I just wanted to go through the whole Knowledge Base page and learn all the techniques and the route in general, but now it looks like all the sites are completely empty at the moment. https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Tomb_Raider_2013

man, you really scared me there Cheesy
try ths link ;-)
https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Tomb_Raider_2013/Techniques

Quote from SamuraiBlue:
Nice ! I'm happy to see that Aimlezz is now a mod, the TR2013 section on speedrun.com is back to life ! Thank you Ewil.
I have one question concerning the run validation, what about video without timer ? For example, what if my video lasts the exact run time but no timer inside ?
I'd suggest to distinguish between PC and console. Well, i'm no expert in PS3, PS4 and One but there's a gap between PC and 360.

@Zydin, you told me about some 360 Lara skywalker, can you tell me more please ?

@MoXxi, nice one with the pipes, I'll definitely try it tomorrow.

1) what about runs w/o timer? Well, thats exactly where I was only a couple of weeks back. Tbh, I would accept a run that I can retime as long as my time is the same as the time the runner entered. That means: Not a single second should be missing from the vod, no lags, no nothing. Its gotta be the same time, or at least the measured time has to be lower than the time the runner entered because he has a delay when he hits his timer (e.g. he needs 0.4 seconds to hit the timer). Hope this is clear xD I just got up, so its possible it only makes sense in my head Cheesy

2) Well, for one i would definetly suggest we distinguish between the following:
-Pc
-Ps3 / X360
-Ps4
-Xbox One

All these editions are different from one another, so it would make sense to seperate them.
But, i would still keep an overall leaderboard just for fun Tongue
Quote from Zydin:
I'd like to add a no skywalk% and possibly a forward% that disallows backwards clipping.

Definetly like the idea, regarding the forward% -> When do we clip backwards? XD Or better said, how would you define backwards clipping??
Quote from aimlezz:
Quote from Traivlin:

try ths link ;-)

It's still giving me an empty page. Is it different for you?
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 06:04:41 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 05:14:52 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 05:13:13 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 05:10:43 am
Quote from Traivlin:
Quote from aimlezz:
Quote from Traivlin:

try ths link ;-)

It's still giving me an empty page. Is it different for you?

whooooooooooooooot???????? I tested it before i posted it.... it worked fine! Now its empty.... oh man.... this really pisses me off... I'm gonna take a look at it... In retrospect someone should've kept a backup....

edit: Everything is still there, when i wanna edit the page... Maybe something is wrong with the webserver? Dont have any access to that, but a good idea would be to test KB of other games... If yes, an admin should have a look at what their apache is telling them

Anyway, i got an issue of my own:

Quote from Vampstreak:
Found a way to skip the bunker pipes, however the setup takes some time so I think it could only save about 1 second or 2. I'll look further into it when I have more time.

I once got it to work, and it was really strange... Somehow i got distracted, let go of aiming down sight, then pushed it again, pushed back, and she was just walking in normal speed oob. Now, i cant get it to work anymore. If anyone has an idea of how to make this consistent, i would be so grateful. Why? Well, the way it worked for me i skipped the cutscene after the pipes, then i do a little oob afterwards and then i'm at the radio tower, which means, a perfect try can save around 1 minute or even more. So, like i said, if anyone wants to look into this with me, i'd be really greatful Cheesy  Especially since i wanna do a "derusting" run tonight (first run in about 3-4 weeks), and i'd really like to do this in that run Cheesy
Quote from aimlezz:
I once got it to work, and it was really strange... Somehow i got distracted, let go of aiming down sight, then pushed it again, pushed back, and she was just walking in normal speed oob. Now, i cant get it to work anymore. If anyone has an idea of how to make this consistent, i would be so grateful. Why? Well, the way it worked for me i skipped the cutscene after the pipes, then i do a little oob afterwards and then i'm at the radio tower, which means, a perfect try can save around 1 minute or even more. So, like i said, if anyone wants to look into this with me, i'd be really greatful Cheesy  Especially since i wanna do a "derusting" run tonight (first run in about 3-4 weeks), and i'd really like to do this in that run Cheesy

What do you mean by "a little oob"? I've been trying to find a way to stay oob after pipe skip so we can directly go to the bridge qte skip without needing the skywalker, but so far no luck. Does your oob have something to do with that?
I'm not sure if I'll have time to work on this tonight, but I'll definitely be around for your stream if I can.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 07:14:40 am
Quote from Eydas:
Quote from aimlezz:

What do you mean by "a little oob"? I've been trying to find a way to stay oob after pipe skip so we can directly go to the bridge qte skip without needing the skywalker, but so far no luck. Does your oob have something to do with that?
I'm not sure if I'll have time to work on this tonight, but I'll definitely be around for your stream if I can.

uhm sadly no. The one time i got the pipe oob to work, i ran directly to the bridge and then did your qte skip. My goal is exactly the same as yours (direct way to bridge) but as long as i cant figure out a consistent way to get the first oob, i wont have any progress in that Sad
So yeah, the little OoB is your bridge skip Smiley
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-23 08:32:52 am
Alright, the Knowledge Base works again now. Hurray.
Nice work everyone! Good to see new people as well Smiley

I have big faith in the pipe skip. The bigger version that skips the skywalk could be possible... but that one time i got it everything was super dark and you couldn't really see anything. I fear it will always happen when you don't leave the building close to the pipes.

As for the categories please don't forget bow only hard% and another thing i did a while back was melee only normal% (you can use firearms until you exit the assault rifle bunker)
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-23 10:50:20 am
Quote from TheArtisticBallistic:
Nice work everyone! Good to see new people as well Smiley

I have big faith in the pipe skip. The bigger version that skips the skywalk could be possible... but that one time i got it everything was super dark and you couldn't really see anything. I fear it will always happen when you don't leave the building close to the pipes.

As for the categories please don't forget bow only hard% and another thing i did a while back was melee only normal% (you can use firearms until you exit the assault rifle bunker)

categories noted ;-) Regarding the big pipe skip: I could get the pipe skip to work now a couple of times, and i've played around in the oob area. I'm pretty sure if we a)get on the roof or b)can jump over the "none-floor" we should be good. The none-floor is what i call the parts where there is a floor texture, but in fact its just air.
I'm using pistol and bow to test the ground, but its hard thanks to invis. walls. Uhm the black is somewhat purple-ish for me, but i totally get what you mean, its really annoying

I once made it oob to the camp, and then fell through the ground, but if we can just make it a little further, there is this wide space OoB, kinda hard to explain, but it really should be possible
It's not difficult to make it to the camp. Once you're there, sit at it and the black/pink will go away. You don't need oob at that point cause you haven't spawned any enemies
Quote from Zydin:
It's not difficult to make it to the camp. Once you're there, sit at it and the black/pink will go away. You don't need oob at that point cause you haven't spawned any enemies

you need to be oob because you can skip the skywalk this way.
This is the Bunker oob that I forgot to upload. It's pretty useless now but I figured maybe some of you would like to see it. The pipe-room floor doesn't load until you get to the room before it.

Also, I fall a lot at the end of the intro oob so I came up with a backup strat since having to go all around that rock was slow and a pain. This is much faster.
Quote from Vampstreak:
This is the Bunker oob that I forgot to upload. It's pretty useless now but I figured maybe some of you would like to see it. The pipe-room floor doesn't load until you get to the room before it.

Also, I fall a lot at the end of the intro oob so I came up with a backup strat since having to go all around that rock was slow and a pain. This is much faster.

lol, i was playing around in exactly the same spot as in vid 1 today, so i'm pretty sure its 60fps+ only, but i still will have a look tomorrow.
To the second vid: Nice job! I cant wait that my arcade stick will finally get delivered so i have a turbo button and can finaly explore the intro oob ob ps4. If its possible, i'll
definetly need that backup strat someday Cheesy
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-05-23 08:05:53 pm
^I've tried using an arcade stick with TR on 360 and the joystick acts as the D-pad and you can't actually move around. Idk if the controls for PS4 would be any different...

Also, skipping the skywalk would have to be done completely blind. It's possible to do though. There's not a way to get rid of the screen issues without hitting certain spots and we skip them both by trying to skip the skywalk. My guess would be that there might be a setup in which you aim at a certain point facing away from the bridge, then use the camera flip and walk in a perfectly straight line to hit the archway. Who knows if the screen will fix itself at that point.
So with the trainer I checked to see if skipping the skywalk would be possible; frankly, I don't think it is. I found that if you don't go through the vent area the previous area stays loaded, so it sort of mashes together with the new area. I went to where Aimlezz mentioned and there were invisible walls everywhere, let alone one above that area where the skywalk would end, so I couldn't jump too far up. If it were possible, it would be extremely difficult to do, and as Zydin said, it would have to be done blind besides. I also found no evidence that the area fixes itself eventually.
Did you happen to stop at the camp to rid yourself of the blindness? I'm curious to see what changes beyond that point.
Edit history:
Vampstreak: 2015-05-24 12:08:19 am
Quote from Zydin:
Did you happen to stop at the camp to rid yourself of the blindness? I'm curious to see what changes beyond that point.

Here you go Smiley

Now that I was able to see, you end up clipping back into the previous area.

I went further in. The screen seems to fix itself whilst climbing the tower--the other area stays loaded, however. And after the radio call the next area with the fuel tanks doesn't load. You need to reload the checkpoint to continue.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-24 04:37:49 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-24 04:37:45 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-24 04:37:44 am
Quote from Zydin:
^I've tried using an arcade stick with TR on 360 and the joystick acts as the D-pad and you can't actually move around. Idk if the controls for PS4 would be any different...

I'll be using the new Hori Real Arcade Pro Kai 4 ;-) It has a dial on the side that decides how the stick is recognized, aka Left stick, right stick and d-pad, so that wouldnt be an issue Smiley

Quote from Vampstreak:
Quote from Zydin:

Here you go Smiley

Now that I was able to see, you end up clipping back into the previous area.

I went further in. The screen seems to fix itself whilst climbing the tower--the other area stays loaded, however. And after the radio call the next area with the fuel tanks doesn't load. You need to reload the checkpoint to continue.

really strange... The one time i got to the camp the area just looked normal :O Maybe i did something different without noticing it, but i'm pretty sure i could continue without problems. Of course the video speaks for itself, but i think i might keep trying to verify this. Sadly it can take a while since trainers aren't an option for me Cheesy

edit: Okay, so i played around with your bunker oob vamp, and yes its possible with 60 fps, i dont know why i didnt catch it when messing around in this area. Then: Do you have any idea why this works? This game behaves really really strange, since this one object doesnt have col. detection when doing any animation except walking. So i thought, maybe its the object itself (the brown table), but the same object in the pipe room has col. detection. Do you think they just forgot it, or do you think it may be worth a shot to try these tables all over the game? I mean, if they just forgot the workload to test every object in the game seems enormous...
Okay, i expanded the speedrun.com categories for TR a little ;-) Here is what we have now:

-Any% (meant to be a general Scoreboard. Special Emphasis on PC since you have the fastest times anyway Cheesy But everyone else should also enter their run here.
-Any% Hard (same as above, only rule: Hard)
-Any% Low FPS (for old-Gen runners and 30 FPS restricted PC runners)
-Any% Medium FPS (for next-Gen runners and 60 FPS restricted PC Runners)
-Any% Glitchless
-No Skywalk% (No skips / glitches involving Skywalks)
-100%
-Pistol Only
-Bow Only
-Melee Only (you can use weapons until you exit the Assault rifle bunker)

If i forgot something, or you would like to add rules, feel free to contact me.
Also... Start submitting runs Cheesy
Edit history:
SamuraiBlue: 2015-05-24 07:57:25 am
Quote from MoXxi:
Hey guys!

I just found another way to skip the bunker pipes. The setup isn't the best yet, but if done correctly it can save 25 seconds.

MoXxi, How do you get inside the wall at this precise place ?? It would be so convenient.
I've tried so many times and i've just managed to get the glitch with Vampstreak method, but once I've passed the pipes I get the darky pink mist. Sitting at fire place doesn't completely solve the problem.
Maybe the area would load correctly if I get out of the pipes by the normal exit ?

@Aimlezz, nice work Smiley
I'll submit a run as soon as I get a decent one.