Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
This game was on ps1, it was a shooter with a bird's eye view where you were on a spaceship I think shooting loads of people. The aim was to kill everyone and move onto the next mission.
Loaded/Re-Loaded?
No not loaded
All of the sudden this game popped into my head from many years ago, and I was thinking it might work for a speed run.

It was a PC game with 3D graphics, probably from the late 90s. You played as this guy who was traveling through time, and each level was a step forward in time with different weapons and enemies depending on the age. I definitely remember starting as a caveman with a club and eventually getting to a point where you could get guns, but I don't think I ever beat it.
I think weapons could be dropped and there was more than one weapon available in every level and each level ended with a boss. Anyone recognize this?

Edit: I found it: Time Commando. Fun game.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from neskamikaze:
All of the sudden this game popped into my head from many years ago, and I was thinking it might work for a speed run.

It was a PC game with 3D graphics, probably from the late 90s. You played as this guy who was traveling through time, and each level was a step forward in time with different weapons and enemies depending on the age. I definitely remember starting as a caveman with a club and eventually getting to a point where you could get guns, but I don't think I ever beat it.
I think weapons could be dropped and there was more than one weapon available in every level and each level ended with a boss. Anyone recognize this?

Edit: I found it: Time Commando. Fun game.

Oh, I could have told you that given more time. I have the game too if you want it. I haven't played it in years and it's just sitting at my dad's house somewhere.
I think I can find it online for free somewhere.
rawr
The was a game my cousin had on the NES back when.  Generic info: 2D side-scroller, you controlled a skinny-ish looking guy that had a gun.  Key features that set it apart: you could go into a door that had an ammo icon above it and the longer you waited in there, the more ammo it gave you until full ammo.  I'm really scarce on anything else as it's been so long.  I think I remember wolves or dogs chasing you at one point in a level though.

Good luck to anyone that can figure that one out...
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from ad3n:
The was a game my cousin had on the NES back when.  Generic info: 2D side-scroller, you controlled a skinny-ish looking guy that had a gun.  Key features that set it apart: you could go into a door that had an ammo icon above it and the longer you waited in there, the more ammo it gave you until full ammo.  I'm really scarce on anything else as it's been so long.  I think I remember wolves or dogs chasing you at one point in a level though.

Good luck to anyone that can figure that one out...

Sounds like Rolling Thunder.  But the ammo thing is untrue, they give you varying amounts.
rawr
That's the one.  And I was working with like 20-year-old memories of a game I didn't get to play much, hah.  Thanks, guy.
System: Game Boy (the original grey one)

As far as I can remember the game I'm looking for had some kind of space or sci-fi theme. It started off with a 2D side view and you were maneuvering around your flying spaceship/robot/whatever. But after this initial stage the gameplay changed and you were no longer flying. Maybe it continued on foot? I really can't remember much more, having played this game only on one occasion.

Can't tell you any more about the game, but I do remember that the German guy on whose Game Boy I played this said, that he had imported the game, hence it might be that this was never released in Europe/Germany. (On the other hand, he might have imported it for a different reason altogether...)
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from betich:
System: Game Boy (the original grey one)

As far as I can remember the game I'm looking for had some kind of space or sci-fi theme. It started off with a 2D side view and you were maneuvering around your flying spaceship/robot/whatever. But after this initial stage the gameplay changed and you were no longer flying. Maybe it continued on foot? I really can't remember much more, having played this game only on one occasion.

Can't tell you any more about the game, but I do remember that the German guy on whose Game Boy I played this said, that he had imported the game, hence it might be that this was never released in Europe/Germany. (On the other hand, he might have imported it for a different reason altogether...)

Lunar Lander or Adventures of Star Saver are my guesses.
Quote from ZenicReverie:

Star Saver seems to be what I was looking for.
Thanks.
Fire Emblem?
There's a game I played on the Mega Drive (Genesis) when I was young - the Mega Drive was already old technology when I played it, so I have no idea what year it came out. It was an adventure/action game where you gained special abilities to transform into things, which would let you interact in different ways with the environment. I think there were also special, beige blocks (my memory tells me they had arrows on them) that had something to with these abilities - I think one ability let you climb them.

Er... I think the game started in a castle type area and then went out into an open place. I also remember the bosses being in castles, too, and there was a village that you could talk to people in.

If anyone has any idea what this is, I'd really appreciate it. I used to love this game, but I always borrowed it off a friend until they gave it away to a hospital.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I_eat_tables:
There's a game I played on the Mega Drive (Genesis) when I was young - the Mega Drive was already old technology when I played it, so I have no idea what year it came out. It was an adventure/action game where you gained special abilities to transform into things, which would let you interact in different ways with the environment. I think there were also special, beige blocks (my memory tells me they had arrows on them) that had something to with these abilities - I think one ability let you climb them.

Er... I think the game started in a castle type area and then went out into an open place. I also remember the bosses being in castles, too, and there was a village that you could talk to people in.

If anyone has any idea what this is, I'd really appreciate it. I used to love this game, but I always borrowed it off a friend until they gave it away to a hospital.

Almost sounds like Kid Chameleon. If that's not it, some more information would be helpful.
Fire Emblem?
No, it's not that. Sorry, but it was so long ago I can't remember much else. I think there were 6 things you had to collect from the castley areas, and each one gave you a new transformation/ability. And you only had one ability at once. And I think after the 4th transformation thingie you could reach a pair of houses behind the ability block things, which had something in them. Yeah, I know that's vague ¬_¬. I don't remember anyone else ever having or talking about the game so it might not have been very popular; also, I'm fairly sure it was played in an adventure game type environment, possibly RPG. I have no idea what the health system was, though. I remember the background in the town/main area being a bright blue sky with clouds.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I_eat_tables:
No, it's not that. Sorry, but it was so long ago I can't remember much else. I think there were 6 things you had to collect from the castley areas, and each one gave you a new transformation/ability. And you only had one ability at once. And I think after the 4th transformation thingie you could reach a pair of houses behind the ability block things, which had something in them. Yeah, I know that's vague ¬_¬. I don't remember anyone else ever having or talking about the game so it might not have been very popular; also, I'm fairly sure it was played in an adventure game type environment, possibly RPG. I have no idea what the health system was, though. I remember the background in the town/main area being a bright blue sky with clouds.

PAL or NTSC? Are you sure it was on Genesis? Any idea on the cover art of the cart/box? Was it side-scrolling? Top-down view? Any menus? Do you remember what controls were used to transform? Could you transform back and forth, or would you automatically transform? It could be a Monster World game. I'm not that familiar with those though.
Fire Emblem?
Ah, yeah, those are obvious questions :-\. PAL, I'm 90% sure it was Mega Drive - the only other possibilities are SNES or Master System. It was side scrolling, the controls I have no idea about and I don't remember much about menu. Wonder Boy actually looks really familiar, but also kinda not - I remember the graphics being a lot worse, and the HUD was a lot smaller. I think you could transform at any time, but I'm not sure about that. I distinctly remember one ability/transformation let you walk straight up walls.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I_eat_tables:
Ah, yeah, those are obvious questions :-\. PAL, I'm 90% sure it was Mega Drive - the only other possibilities are SNES or Master System. It was side scrolling, the controls I have no idea about and I don't remember much about menu. Wonder Boy actually looks really familiar, but also kinda not - I remember the graphics being a lot worse, and the HUD was a lot smaller. I think you could transform at any time, but I'm not sure about that. I distinctly remember one ability/transformation let you walk straight up walls.

Any idea about the NPCs or the enemies? How full was the world? Would you see something all the time or just every so often (basically was it non-stop action or a little more mild)? Were the only locations towns and castles? Do you remember a world map maybe? Do you remember anything about the action of the game? How did the main character attack enemies? How about the setting? Medieval fantasy I'm guessing, but was it futuristic at all?

I'm not sure what information would be helpful in order to guess more. Try asking people that used to watch you play maybe? Like that friend if you're still in contact, or siblings, or other family members. I'll expand my search to SNES and Master System.
Fire Emblem?
No idea to almost all of those questions v.v. I remember it was fairly hard and had no save features. I don't think there was a world map, I think the world was fairly full, no idea if there was anything else but towns and castles. I can't remember even how you attacked, I think it was with some kind of weapon though. It was medieval I think, not futuristic.

Unfortunately that friend moved away years ago, and nobody else I know will have any idea. If you're going to look at other consoles, Master System is more likely. In fact, I'm now beginning to think it might be Master System, I can visualise is coming in a master System case.

Thanks for your help anyway :).
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I_eat_tables:
No idea to almost all of those questions v.v. I remember it was fairly hard and had no save features. I don't think there was a world map, I think the world was fairly full, no idea if there was anything else but towns and castles. I can't remember even how you attacked, I think it was with some kind of weapon though. It was medieval I think, not futuristic.

Unfortunately that friend moved away years ago, and nobody else I know will have any idea. If you're going to look at other consoles, Master System is more likely. In fact, I'm now beginning to think it might be Master System, I can visualise is coming in a master System case.

Thanks for your help anyway :).

Well if it's Master System and Wonder Boy looks familiar, then it definitely sounds like Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.
Fire Emblem?
YES! That's it! Thanks a ton. Hmm... but if I want to play it I have to dig my Master System out and then buy a copy :-\. And it'll likely be nowhere near as good as I remember either :'(. At least I know what game it was, now.

Edit: Actually... is that a Wii VC release I see? In which case...
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I_eat_tables:
YES! That's it! Thanks a ton. Hmm... but if I want to play it I have to dig my Master System out and then buy a copy :-\. And it'll likely be nowhere near as good as I remember either :'(. At least I know what game it was, now.

Edit: Actually... is that a Wii VC release I see? In which case...

Yeah, I was about to say it's on Virtual Console. I'm not sure if it's the TurboGrafx game or the Master System.
Heavy Metal Powered
Got a new problem for you guys, this has been bugging me for a few days now:

This is a game I used to play at a friends place a bit, I cannot remember a lot about it, pretty old, probably pre-2000.
It is either a PC or a PSX game because there where the only systems he had at the time... I am leaning more towards a PC game though.
The game had a top-down view like GTA and GTA2. The characters movement where pretty similar to the movement of the main character of GTA2.

I'm not sure if I played the game from the beginning but in some part of the game you where inside a building, you where in a room and you had to get out, but there where guards, so you had to sneak, and I remember the sneaking animation was pretty funny. If you got caught you where executed on sight. Myself I never managed to sneak out of this building. But my friend had a save of which he had gotten out and I want to recall him being outside the building in a big garden full of trees, grass and isles.

I know this information probably fits on a hundred games but it is all I can remember... Thanks for all the help !
A stab in the dark at one of the older posts here:

Quote from n00byn4t3r:
#1: Some shooter where you are in the forest with your team (your team mates do nothing except for standing still) and you had to do something, and if your pressed some kinda button on your keyboard (F or Y or something) the world changed, the environment changed your teamates disappeared you got a different weapon etc....
It was probably windows 98, but I'm not sure because i never had this game myself an uncle of mine had it.

It would be useful to know how old you were when you played this, what sort of a setting it was (fantasy, realistic or futuristic) and anything else you remember. If you were young and not very aware of what was going on, perhaps it was Hidden And Dangerous and the whole world changing thing was happening when you cycled through to control a different team member. H&D was released in 1999, btw.
This one's a doosy.

It was an Indiana Jones game, which you think would make it easy to google, but no. I also believe that I played it on a computer, roughly ten years ago. The graphics were (I THINK) not your typical side-on 2d view, they were more like pokemon - Isometric, I guess?

I can't really remember much, but I do recall that the whole point of the game was to collect various items (I'm sure his whip was one, you retrieved it from his house, and I think another one might have been like a jade statue?) which were then used in a metroid-esque fashion to advance to the next area.

I could be totally wrong on this, but I think that the order you had to collect the items changed each time, even though there locations did not.

I googled exhaustively for this and can find nothing.