Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
It's because you're assuming for whatever reason that if something makes it past first round that it means anything more than "you haven't been cut yet". The "rounds" is just a way of culling the list down to something manageable, nothing more.

If a "Game X" was submitted early and is picked because there's not many good games in yet, then yeah it might make it to the next round. And it will promptly die there when it is then compared to its constituents. Your odds weren't suddenly better because of it, it just got your hopes up.

In the end, anything goes regardless, because it's not a science and they're all hard decisions, but really, plenty of games are chosen even at the last second.
Is PJ
Quote from Cool Matty:
In the end, anything goes regardless, because it's not a science and they're all hard decisions, but really, plenty of games are chosen even at the last second.

If I remember correctly, sent submitted Magical Pop'n as the very last submission and that made it into the final schedule.  I might be mistaken but I thought that was the case.
does registration still open up today?
Submissions will be late. Currently at the hospital still (no it's not me). They will launch as soon as I'm able to get back to the house. Deepest apologies, the fault is entirely mine and I should have panned better for any unforseen issues. Check oourr twitter for updates, and apologies for typos, typing on my phone and I can't read anything I am writing.
And that means sometime tonight, even if it's 4am for me (doubt it)
no worries, don't rush things (especially at the hospital). i'll just keep an eye out for it tonight, and best wishes to whoever you are there for.
Idk if anyone knows the answer to this, but if I plan on submitting a coop run, and there's a chance the person I submit it with can't make it due to personal issues, and we find out he can't after the run is accepted, can I change the person I am running with? (it's a weird question, i know)
I'll take my time getting my run for submission ready, hopefully it'll be ready before submission process ends.  I hope things are all right on your end Cool Matty.
Edit history:
ZOMandKatgarr: 2015-03-17 01:13:00 am
I hope everything's all right over there =(  I've been checking the Twitter and this forum for updates a couple times a day and I haven't heard anything recently.  Hang in there, and no rush! (though if you gave us a little bit more info, it might ease our troubled minds Wink )
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Gives me more time to record a better run video for my submissions in any case.
But I hope everything is fine.
Hello all!

I live in Mankato, so this is just a short drive away! This will be my first event Smiley Can we book rooms now? Do we need to provide a code or something when we do? If I am reading this right, registration (for watchers, not runners) will be available around April 18th?
I do wish that we could have some more clarification on what exactly is going on with the SGDQ submissions (and the website as a whole)... Anxious me is quite concerned at this point.
fast video games
give him his time hes got medical stuff thats going on of some sort
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-03-18 02:03:24 am
Okay folks, I just got it running privately, going to have the rest of the staff bang on it a bit to make sure we're okay, and it'll launch as soon as that's done!

Sorry about the delay, and don't worry, future updates to the site will no longer require any downtime (knock on wood). That was one of the major bumps from all this work.

More info about the event will be posted shortly thereafter as well, on the website.
sounds good. no point in cutting corners and publishing it with errors. take your time, and make sure everything is fine as far as health goes first.
so when are Passes going to be able to be purchased?
Edit history:
Antilles58: 2015-04-22 09:59:36 am
#FailFish
The delays in game list and registration aside, is there any new information on when the volunteer sign ups will go live (estimated, of course).  I know that stuff was supposed to be around this time, too.  I've said it before, but regardless of my game's status, I'd love to volunteer to help out where I can be useful!
Registrations are now live.

Volunteer signups will be posted very soon, they've been working on the form pretty hard the past week. I won't give an exact day though Tongue
#FailFish
Quote from Cool Matty:
I won't give an exact day though Tongue

Love it! Tongue Lessons learned Wink
Always move forward, never sleep.
If you register, and say that you will be arriving on <insert_date_here>, but things happen and you have to arrive a day or two late, does that matter at all?  Just trying to see how flexible I can be before registering.  I plan on registering for the whole week, and I know that it matters if I'm running a game, just want to clarify that there isn't an issue if I come a day later or so.
Quote from SocratesJohnson:
If you register, and say that you will be arriving on <insert_date_here>, but things happen and you have to arrive a day or two late, does that matter at all?  Just trying to see how flexible I can be before registering.  I plan on registering for the whole week, and I know that it matters if I'm running a game, just want to clarify that there isn't an issue if I come a day later or so.

Unless you're a runner, it's only for statistical purposes. It helps us and the hotel plan for the number of people arriving, departing, and on site for any particular day.

Runners have the ability to update their availability on their game submissions, as it's necessary for scheduling runs.
Always move forward, never sleep.
Thanks, Cool Matty!
I know Cool Matty stated that volunteer sign ups would be out 'soon'. Did we have any more information on that? I didn't want to miss signing up if I was busy with work.
Quote from Alventenie:
I know Cool Matty stated that volunteer sign ups would be out 'soon'. Did we have any more information on that? I didn't want to miss signing up if I was busy with work.

You haven't missed it yet. There will be a thread, soon(tm)
words on words on words
Will the schedule/volunteer signups still be coming out before the 16th?