sumichu: 2015-05-06 05:29:12 pm
romscout: 2015-04-30 02:38:09 pm
romscout: 2015-01-29 03:19:43 pm
romscout: 2015-01-29 01:03:50 pm
romscout: 2015-01-29 01:03:37 pm
romscout: 2015-01-29 01:03:15 pm
romscout: 2015-01-29 12:52:35 pm
that Metroidvania guy
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you all a heads up about important dates to keep in mind for SGDQ 2015 and all of its processes. While I do not have dates for things like the hotel reservation deadline yet (due to not having a hotel finalized at this moment), I will include everything else that is relevant to attendees and add in other important info when it becomes available. You will find the dates for everything that you currently need to know below.

EDIT:  Updated Schedule can be found here. -Sumi

Friday, February 13: Deadline for hotel announcement (may be announced earlier)
Sunday, March 15: Game submissions open; there will be a thread posted on March 1 as a reminder with more details and guidelines
Tuesday, March 31: Game submissions close (at the end of the day)
Saturday, April 18: SGDQ Game List Announcement; we also aim to have registration, volunteer signups, and prize submissions open around this time, but do not have exact dates yet
Friday, May 8: SGDQ Schedule Release
Sunday, July 26: SGDQ begins
Saturday, August 1: SGDQ ends

For details on the SGDQ venue, read this thread:
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2015_dates_and_venue_july_26__aug_1_in_minneapolis_mn.html
Thread title:  
For Fun! For GLORY!!
March 15th. Got it. Better get practicing. Tongue
Forgive my ignorance, but what country is it in?
Uhhhh 10
on my way
#FailFish
So I have about 6 weeks to become good player.  Challenge accepted.
Quote from uhTrance:
Forgive my ignorance, but what country is it in?

United States of America
I heard SGDQ is always in europe. Thanks
words on words on words
Being my first time submitting to a GDQ, what do you guys like to see in a submission?
Dapper as fuck.
ESA is in Europe, SGDQ and AGDQ are in the US.
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Quote from JTBeezy:
Being my first time submitting to a GDQ, what do you guys like to see in a submission?

First practice your game. There'll be a topic about how to pitch it closer to when it's open for submissions. Smiley
Is sgdq also around the DC area?
Dapper as fuck.
Quote from Superplaid64:
Is sgdq also around the DC area?

Minneapolis, MN this year
that Metroidvania guy
I have added a link to details about the location and venue search in the first post.

Quote from JTBeezy:

I will post details and guidelines on game submissions on March 1, but you can check guidelines for last AGDQ here:
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/agdq_2015_game_submissions__due_date_is_september_3rd_1159_edt.html
Howdy!
Sweet, I might be able to drive or take the train and actually go to this one! Guess I need to actually start speedrunning and/or bust out my tablet for sweet sweet commemorative pictures then.
Edit history:
JTBeezy: 2015-01-29 05:58:54 pm
words on words on words
Quote from Radman:
Quote from JTBeezy:

First practice your game. There'll be a topic about how to pitch it closer to when it's open for submissions. Smiley

Sounds good, plenty of time to get WR for my game before I submit it >:)
Can't wait to Z-Something awesome!
Oh man, Ive wanted to attend/run/support this event for many years.  This may be my only chance and I'm gonna give it my all.
Edit history:
Garadas: 2015-01-30 03:24:11 am
Better improve my PBs...
Quote from uhTrance:

Don't know where you heard THAT from. All GDQs (AGDQ and SGDQ) are in USA. Always have been.

Quote from JTBeezy:

I cannot speak for how the organizers choose games, of course, but here's some guidelines. Some factors that determine if a run gets in is a) is it well known? b) is it entertaining (e.g. something always happening, little dead air, etc)? c) does it have good donation incentives?
To ensure you have a fair chance of getting it, and this goes without saying, is that you practice, practice, practice. If a run is sloppy, it won't get accepted. If you perform sloppily at the marathon, chances that you get in at later marathons decrease. Basically, it just means that you should be good at the game at take it seriously (e.g. get in some practice and show that you are enthusiastic about the game and want to show it off).

Of course, there are a lot of runners and a lot of games, so there's no guarantee you'll get in. But the better you are at running the game and the more "suited" for the marathon it is, chances are the likelihood of it getting it in will be greater. Good luck!
Quote from uhTrance:

You are probably thinking of ESA.
Claimh Happy
Glad to have a timeline for everything. Advance warning is super helpful
Are these events open to the public? I play arcade games more than console games but I'd love to watch and participate if there are any arcade games scheduled. I got hooked on the awesome skill of all the runners from the YouTube videos that were posted of the runs.

Thanks - Mike.
Quote:
Sunday, March 15: Game submissions open; there will be a thread posted on March 1 as a reminder with more details and guidelines
Tuesday, March 31: Game submissions close (at the end of the day)
Edit history:
Mystery: 2015-02-02 03:00:16 pm
Quote from YourMKArcadeSource:
Are these events open to the public?

Yes.
Just out of curiosity, how much of a deciding factor is the popularity of the game or runner when it comes to considering runs for marathons? I run a game that's pretty short (we're talking less than 20 minutes) and from what I hear from some of my viewers it's fun to watch, but it's a pretty obscure game.
I wasn't planning to submit any games to run, but since GaleDog asked me if I'll be submitting Final Fight 2 for SGDQ I might as well try.  Definitely need to finish my Final Fight 2 Haggar easy mode run for submitting to SDA before the March 15th.