Smiley
Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Alright, after discussing with a few of us plus our Australian attendee Roth, we'd like to have a few things on hand that Roth doesn't have readily available in the land down under. They're things that everyone can enjoy, so I hope it won't be too much trouble to pick them up.

- Supplies for S'Mores (poor chap hasn't ever had a s'more.)
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Ruffles
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I typoed that as Cupos, clearly this is their new name)
- Dr. Pepper
- Root Beer

Thanks!
Edit history:
osey889: 2015-05-02 05:29:03 pm
I got my recipe card figured out for the spaghetti sauce, it can be adjusted for from 30 to 15 people by cutting ingredients in half.

Better Spaghetti for 30

6 45oz bottles of Ragu (or other preferred sauce brand)
4 cans of crushed Tomatoes
4 pk of Spaghetti mix
1 bottle of red wine
6 tbs of crushed garlic (to taste)
3 onions chopped small
2 lb of mushrooms sliced thin
12 lb of ground hamburger
6 lb of sweet Italian sausage
1/2 cup Parmigianino cheese
6 tbs sweet basil
6 tbs of Italian spice mix
3 tlb sugar
Salt pepper

Cook meat In small batches salt and pepper lightly while browning ground beef,  brown Italian sausage, rinse out dripping from browning pan with  red wine into vary large pot, Add meat, can tomatoes, bottle sauce, garlic, onion, 2 pk of spaghetti mix let cook for 1 hr on low,  add mushrooms last 2 pk of spaghetti mix, herbs, sugar and 2 cups red wine let cook on low for 1 hr.  fill lg pot with water add salt 2 tlb, cook spaghetti noodles in small batches make sure to stir 1 minute after putting in boiling water,  good measure is 1 to 1 ½ inch per person of dry noodles. 

This is the "simple" version, the true recipe takes an additional day and stews bones to make it fresh as possible. If there is any questions let me know
I am Essentia's man
First a message for Vulajin - your lifeblood has been acquired.  8 two liter bottles of standard green (sorry, no throwback on the shelf).

Quote from Neerrm:
Alright, after discussing with a few of us plus our Australian attendee Roth, we'd like to have a few things on hand that Roth doesn't have readily available in the land down under. They're things that everyone can enjoy, so I hope it won't be too much trouble to pick them up.

- Jalapeno Poppers
- Ruffles
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I typoed that as Cupos, clearly this is their new name)
- Dr. Pepper
- Root Beer

Thanks!

Half of the list is already on hand and most of it shouldn't be easy.  My only problem is Jalepeno Poppers.  I know I can find them, but am not sure I can get them cooked with the outdoor cooking arrangement I am using.  If that is the case, we may need to resort to a fast food place or restaurant.

Quote from osey889:
I got my recipe card figured out for the spaghetti sauce, it can be adjusted for from 30 to 15 people by cutting ingredients in half.

Better Spaghetti for 30

6 45oz bottles of Ragu (or other preferred sauce brand)
4 cans of crushed Tomatoes
4 pk of Spaghetti mix
1 bottle of red wine
6 tbs of crushed garlic (to taste)
3 onions chopped small
2 lb of mushrooms sliced thin
12 lb of ground hamburger
6 lb of sweet Italian sausage
1/2 cup Parmigianino cheese
6 tbs sweet basil
6 tbs of Italian spice mix
3 tlb sugar
Salt pepper

Cook meat In small batches salt and pepper lightly while browning ground beef,  brown Italian sausage, rinse out dripping from browning pan with  red wine into vary large pot, Add meat, can tomatoes, bottle sauce, garlic, onion, 2 pk of spaghetti mix let cook for 1 hr on low,  add mushrooms last 2 pk of spaghetti mix, herbs, sugar and 2 cups red wine let cook on low for 1 hr.  fill lg pot with water add salt 2 tlb, cook spaghetti noodles in small batches make sure to stir 1 minute after putting in boiling water,  good measure is 1 to 1 ½ inch per person of dry noodles. 

This is the "simple" version, the true recipe takes an additional day and stews bones to make it fresh as possible. If there is any questions let me know

Sounds interesting.  If you can help with the preparations I can gather ingredients.  A couple of questions:
1) Do you need spaghetti sauce mix?  I already have a large bottle of Italian seasoning mix if you wanted to use just that.  Then again seasoning packets are easy enough to pick up.  Let me know.
2) Would you be ok with substituting meatballs for the meat you listed?  I've already purchased a Costco bag of meatballs (6 lbs) for spaghetti night.

Anyone other last minute requests?
1.the spaghetti mix is just something that adds flavor and thickens the sauce, but it can be overlooked. We can just add 2 more tbs of Italian spices to compensate.

2. Meatballs will work just fine, we can add them to the sauce while it stews if they are precooked. the only thing i wouldn't skip out on is the sweet Italian sausage. It adds so much flavor.

I should be able to help prepare granted it's not on the first two nights, as i will be swamped getting ready for both my runs. god help me.
I am Essentia's man
Quote from osey889:
1.the spaghetti mix is just something that adds flavor and thickens the sauce, but it can be overlooked. We can just add 2 more tbs of Italian spices to compensate.

2. Meatballs will work just fine, we can add them to the sauce while it stews if they are precooked. the only thing i wouldn't skip out on is the sweet Italian sausage. It adds so much flavor.

I should be able to help prepare granted it's not on the first two nights, as i will be swamped getting ready for both my runs. god help me.

We should be able to make that work.  Thanks for volunteering.

We still have a limited window for requests.  Bring them on.
Edit history:
YellowBug: 2015-05-08 05:56:29 pm
YellowBug: 2015-05-08 05:56:11 pm
I am Essentia's man
Food is continuing to accumulate.  Please bring your appetites.  See you all in a few days.

Quote from Neerrm:

- Jalapeno Poppers
- Ruffles
- Dr. Pepper
- Root Beer

Thanks!

Got all the supplies but peanut butter cups and jalapeno poppers.  I will get the peanut butter cups.  You'll have to find some jalapeno poppers otherwise because I don't have a good way to cook them during the marathon.  Sorry.