Smiley
Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Updated my earlier post to replace both suggested Pokémon bid wars with an incentive to do the run with a shiny starter.
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
Secret of Evermore

- Name the Boy and Dog
- What to turn the crazy old man into (Goat, Chicken, Basket, Nothing)
- Anger the Chicken god!
- Visit Cecil at the Armor shop
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from doicm:
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from doicm:
Well, since 3 and 6 would make for the best bid war in terms of game popularity, but neither of them are relatively close in run length (about half an hour apart), I may just consider removing one of them and just stick with one game.

Think you can have a final decision on this (and updated estimate) within the next week or so?

I thought this was decided a while ago, but now that I've been asked again and informed that I need to make another decision, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I might just stick with one game, since none of my games are really close to each other in terms of popularity and estimates. I'll let you know within a week.

EDIT: Heck, I'll just choose now. Go with 3. Estimate remains the same.
Are the incentives the same?

Been updating the list as people alert me. I've added an "update: date" at the start on the first post so people can tell when I'm updating the list. Thank you again everyone!
Quote from djtifaheart:
Quote from doicm:
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from doicm:
Well, since 3 and 6 would make for the best bid war in terms of game popularity, but neither of them are relatively close in run length (about half an hour apart), I may just consider removing one of them and just stick with one game.

Think you can have a final decision on this (and updated estimate) within the next week or so?

I thought this was decided a while ago, but now that I've been asked again and informed that I need to make another decision, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I might just stick with one game, since none of my games are really close to each other in terms of popularity and estimates. I'll let you know within a week.

EDIT: Heck, I'll just choose now. Go with 3. Estimate remains the same.
Are the incentives the same?

Been updating the list as people alert me. I've added an "update: date" at the start on the first post so people can tell when I'm updating the list. Thank you again everyone!

I don't recall what the incentives are for MMBN3.
you brought these two incentives up when you submitted this game
* PETCannon cutscene.
* Bug Style - random status effects in each battle (adds about 20 minutes).
Quote from osey889:
you brought these two incentives up when you submitted this game
* PETCannon cutscene.
* Bug Style - random status effects in each battle (adds about 20 minutes).

Got it. Thanks.

Bug style - With the nature of the speedrun and how it's changed over the past few months , I could still technically do that as a donation incentive. However, if it doesn't get passed off as a donation incentive, I still might get it on accident rather than get it intentionally. Still, go ahead and put it in. This makes the speedrun a little less predictable, but I can definitely work with it.

PETCannon cutscene - It adds about a minute. It's a cutscene. It's probably the most violent thing to happen in the game, but it's pretty entertaining.

Here's an additional incentive:

Humor Program - It's a bit of a tradition after each run to have MegaMan tell a good/bad/what joke or two. This donation incentive adds about a minute at the end of the run.

If I think of any more, I'll post them.
Valkyria Chronicles (definitely PC version):

Character choice (scout): Alicia, Aika, Cherry, Freesia, Hermes, Juno, Melville, Montley, Nancy, Noce, Ramona, Susie, Ted, Wavy
Character choice (shocktrooper): Rosie, Aisha, Alex, Coby, Dorothy, Edy, Hannes, Jane, Kevin, Mica, Nina, Salinas, Vyse, Wendy

Character choice incentives are rolling and will probably add somewhere between 2 and 6 minutes total to the run, depending on whether I decide to make extra HQ visits to switch squad members.

Voice language: English/Japanese.  This can only be set from the title screen, but saving and loading is practically instantaneous on PC, so this can be a rolling incentive.  Switching language mid-run costs about 20 seconds each time, which adds up to 7 minutes in the worst case (switch before every battle).  If not rolling, this costs no time at all.

War Without Weapons: optional battle, costs about 10 minutes.
Flower of the Battlefield: optional battle, costs about 15 minutes.  This estimate includes a buffer for things going wrong (which they will).
Insanity Prelude
Sorry, have to make another change. I just discussed with both Claude and Chessjerk to confirm a few things. For the sake of the run being smoother I think the FFT donation incentives should just be limited to Name / birthday / Boco. I can explain the reasons for removing the other two previously mentioned incentives though if needed.
Stay chill, be cool.
My only concern with the Xillia costume incentive is that the idol costumes are for the female characters only (Milla, Leia, Elize).  I feel like it would only be fair if the male characters (Jude, Alvin, and Rowen) get the chance to wear their own costumes as well.  What I'm thinking is if the idol costumes win out, then whatever costume set got the second most donations (either the swimsuits or butler/maid outfits) gets put on the male characters.

Normally, whatever costume set wins will be put on everyone, but I think an exception to the rule can be made here in case the idol costumes win.  It's simple enough, and everyone gets to wear costumes.  It would be a shame for Jude, Alvin, and Rowen to not be able to wear outfits otherwise.
Final Fantasy incentives-

* Name the 4 Warriors of Light.  Top 4 names will be used.  Limit of 4 characters each.
* Famicom any% run.  Peer into the stairway of madness and learn the dark secrets of the Cornelian guard.  Also, this might beat the game?

Doing the any% run adds 10 minutes.

I think it's better to focus on one route so I'll drop the character class incentive and just go with Red Mage.  Fighting WarMECH is being dropped because the any% run is a way better incentive.
Evoland:
Kaeris name - 8 letters
Clink name - 8 letters
All Stars and Cards
Kill the Choboko

Note on times for Evoland:
- The base any% run is probably max 45:00 for estimate (WR is ~31:00 now, bad luck can lose quite a bit of time, I might bump this down to 40:00 as I get some practice in)
- All Stars and Cards incentive adds about 20:00
- Choboko adds no more than 5:00

So max time + incentives should be no longer than 1:10:00, and mentioned, it could go down as I get practiced up on the run.

Tales of Xillia:
Same as the other runners. We've been discussing them at length.
Pudding%
Just a thought for Crystalis: Rather than have 100% be a donation incentive like it was at the last C4L, maybe try having it as a bid war this time around?
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Dragondarch:
Just a thought for Crystalis: Rather than have 100% be a donation incentive like it was at the last C4L, maybe try having it as a bid war this time around?

I'm leery of that as the difference between Any% and 100% is small enough that it naturally feels more like an incentive to set a dollar target for rather than something that would make for a good bid war.  I'd be willing to give it a try though, if you guys honestly think it would be competitive and not just a quick blowout for 100% (which Twitch viewers seem to universally prefer).
Pudding%
Well, if it's set as an incentive it pretty much guarantees it'll be 100%, since there's no real counter-donation. Bid war at least gives any% a chance. UA thoughts?
<(^_^)>
Quote from Dragondarch:

What about a bid war between crystalis NES and crystalis GBC?

(gets shot)
Stay chill, be cool.
Alright so I talked over with the runners about Tales of Xillia.

For the costume set incentive, these are going to be the three options: Maids/Butlers, Swimsuits, and Idols/School Outfits.
Not a walrus
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from Dragondarch:

What about a bid war between crystalis NES and crystalis GBC?

(gets shot)

GBC can be part of "bonus" stream. Lips Sealed

As far as bid war vs straight incentive, I don't care much either way, so we may as well try it as a bid war this time.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
As far as bid war vs straight incentive, I don't care much either way, so we may as well try it as a bid war this time.

Alright, we'll give it a shot.  I'll be counting on you guys to hype up the bidwar (which I'm guessing won't need to be cutoff until midway through the run).
Gotta Go Fast!
I apologize for being gone for the past week, had a death to cope with (LB staff knew where I was so thank you puwexil for keeping tabs on this thread) last week.

Thread's been caught up and updated.
Everything's better with Magitek
For the Hero's name on Half-Minute Hero, there's an 8-character limit.
Pudding%
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from UraniumAnchor:

Alright, we'll give it a shot.  I'll be counting on you guys to hype up the bidwar (which I'm guessing won't need to be cutoff until midway through the run).

I'd say the cutoff would be when Kelbesque on Mt. Sabre North dies.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Valkyria Chronicles: Ladder Glitch (2 minutes)
Cutscene: A Love Passed On (3 and a halfish minutes after the run, could sing it)
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from PX_:
Valkyria Chronicles: Ladder Glitch (2 minutes)
Cutscene: A Love Passed On (3 and a halfish minutes after the run, could sing it)
Talked to Nitrodon and he okay'ed it.

First post updated!
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:

Okay, here are the potential incentives:
Character Name (I'll get a character count tomorrow)
Home Town Name (Character count to come with Character name. Probably not a heavy hitting incentive, but probably doesn't hurt to have it?)

The final one is a bit more interesting. The game has three (of four)viable races, all of which have routes that are within minutes of each other. I can do two of them already, and the one I don't know is the "easy" class. So we can have a bidding war between:

Clavat (basically humans, higher defense, "lower" attack, fight with sword and shield)
Lilty (Warrior plants, higher attack, fights with spear)
Selkie (Basically elves, all arounder, fights with club)

Each has two genders and 4 costumes per gender, but that's probably too many options, so I'll probably have the costumes picked out (also, m/f Clavat and Selkie have slightly different attack timing, so I'd need those restricted anyway). We can talk these over a bit more if needed, but yeah, those are the options.
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2015-04-03 06:50:05 pm
djtifaheart: 2015-04-03 06:47:07 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
General rule for incentives is stuff that you're comfortable with! We're not placing a limit on the number you can have, but if it gets too massive, we'll let you know.

I'm also canon blind to Crystal Chronicles. Tongue

Announcement:

Incentives are due by May 1st. Please feel free to get in touch with one of the Limit Break staff members if things need to get removed and/or added after the deadline.