Smiley
Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So, talking to people in the Lufia community, the level 0 glitch isn't something that can reliably be done on a cart, since it has the potential to corrupt the cart. Would we be able to set something up where I'd be able to switch to an emulator to do that incentive, if met?
Professional Second Banana
Would using a flash cart be an option?  I think showing a crazy glitch would lose a bit of impact if it had to be done on a computer instead of console (plus extra setup time).
Flash cart should work!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-04-20 12:40:54 pm
<(^_^)>
I have another incentive for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that would likely work better.

Save/Kill the Waifu's (or some other term for 3 female characters, if that's not appropriate)

Gwimpage brought up this idea for me. In one chapter, we save one minute by permanently killing off three of our own units, and they're somewhat popular units as well: Marcia, Ilyana, and Astrid.

But it's pretty easy to just use the slower strat and NOT kill them off, so this incentive should raise more than kill/save Oliver. Both could be incentives though, regardless. Save time vs. Save units.
Gotta Go Fast!
Added. Wasn't sure what to call that one, just went the normal "Kill/Save" route.

"Kill/Save Oliver" is still listed, but let me know if you absolutely want it taken off.
<(^_^)>
I think it'll be ok to have both, though the Kill/Save Waifu's would be a stronger incentive. I guess I'll leave that up to the organizers since I'm not sure if having two kill/save incentives for the first game of the marathon would be a good idea
Professional Second Banana
Yeah, I agree 1 save/kill incentive will be enough since it's the 1st run.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-04-21 11:43:52 am
<(^_^)>
The incentive is currently:

"Bid War: Kill/Save (Marcia vs. Ilyana  vs. Astrid)"

I'm not sure how to word it properly, but the incentive would either kill all 3 to save one minute, or save all 3. As it is, it seems to imply to kill/save the three girls separately
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
But if we let Oliver live, then we get to voice out his incredible lines!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-04-21 12:12:48 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from PX_:
But if we let Oliver live, then we get to voice out his incredible lines!

It's very slightly faster to let him live and recruit himself Tongue
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from kirbymastah:
The incentive is currently:

"Bid War: Kill/Save (Marcia vs. Ilyana  vs. Astrid)"

I'm not sure how to word it properly, but the incentive would either kill all 3 to save one minute, or save all 3. As it is, it seems to imply to kill/save the three girls separately
Dropped "Kill/Save Oliver".

The other incentive now reads "Kill/Save the units: (Marcia and Ilyana and Astrid)", units came to mind since you referred to them as that way. Let me know if this sounds okay and better!
<(^_^)>
"Kill/Save the Waifu's" might grab the viewers' attention more but I'm not sure how appropriate that is Tongue
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Uhh, how far into the run is the incentive anyways?
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-04-21 11:01:11 pm
<(^_^)>
Quote from PX_:
Uhh, how far into the run is the incentive anyways?

Chapter 3-E, roughly 1 hour 40 minute into the run (~2 hours 40ish minutes). The Kill/Save oliver would occur roughly ~2 hours 25ish minutes into the run.
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from kirbymastah:
"Kill/Save the Waifu's" might grab the viewers' attention more but I'm not sure how appropriate that is Tongue
Talked it over a bit with the group, we'd like to avoid using the term "waifu" as best as we can.
Updates for the Dragon Warrior incentives.  Naming the main character and attempting the final boss at a lower level can't be done together.  I chose the low level incentive since it makes the endgame more interesting and the character naming options are very limited.  I also can't promise to bring the slime controller since I'm carrying more equipment than I originally planned.  I pulled in one of my backup incentives to replace it.

* Take or leave the princess.  This can change throughout the run.  Adds about 5 minutes when taking the princess.  You can call it save or kill the princess but thou must doom her to a swampy grave regardless.
* 1 attempt to kill the Dragonlord at level 18.  This is the lowest level that doesn't require extraordinary luck to succeed.  If the level 18 attempt fails then it wastes about 7 minutes walking and I complete the game at level 19 instead.
* Get a Puff-Puff massage.  The puffpuff massage has been included in every main series Dragon Quest game but was removed for the NES ports.  This detour takes about 2 minutes to see the cutscene considered too racy for 1980s Nintendo.
<(^_^)>
Quote from djtifaheart:
Quote from kirbymastah:
Talked it over a bit with the group, we'd like to avoid using the term "waifu" as best as we can.

Fair enough Tongue Wanted to leave it to your discretion
I just wanted to clarify a small detail on the Secret of Mana incentive for naming the Boy and Sprite.  The character limit is 6 letters in all caps, no numbers or symbols available.
Gotta Go Fast!
Updated Dragon Warrior and Secret of Mana, thanks guys!
Edit history:
PinkPajamas: 2015-04-27 04:40:57 am
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Voice acting in English or Japanese. Can be changed anytime during the run. Making it a rolling incentive is up to you guys.

There are 17 nameable generics used in the run. That's a lot of characters to name and so early in the marathon I'm not sure if we'd want to name them all. Names can be 13 characters long.

I make 8 brawlers (male or female doesn't matter, can be part of the incentive) at the beginning of the run which I use for support roles / sacrificial pawns throughout the run. The order at which they come out changes a lot so I can't really have a priority for these. Make it one incentive and top 8 get in?

I make 1 mage (male or female doesn't matter, can be part of the incentive) in episode 2 used for support roles throughout a lot of the run. A naming incentive here would work well.

I capture 8 monsters throughout the run that can be renamed. 2 pumpkins, then 1 puck 1 nekomata, then 2 pucks, then 2 nekomata. The pumpkins don't see too much screen time, the next two see a decent amount, the next 2 pucks a good amount, and the last 2 nekomata a lot once you get them about 2/3 in the run. For reference, the pucks are actually part of the faery class, but don't look like what you would think faeries look like at all http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Faery .
The monsters come in pairs in their episodes (4,5,6,9) so 3 of them can be safely lumped together (1st and 2nd get names). The only problem is the 2nd pair (nekomata & puck) are different monster types so I'm not sure they should be lumped together. So 4 or 5 naming incentives here.
Gotta Go Fast!
I marked the voice acting down as a rolling incentive.

I pulled the list from the games submission thread, did you want these two on still? I can pull them off if needed.

"Defeat the Overlord in 6-4 without help, Good Ending".
Pull Good Ending. I'll be getting it anyway and I decided against "holding it hostage" until the incentive gets met.

The overlord in 6-4 I'm on the fence with. The concept behind it is that it's a fight you're supposed to intentionally die on, and it's faster to do so, but I can do it without an intentional death which costs about 2-5 minutes.
Gotta Go Fast!
Thanks - updated!
bichGOAL
LCC will be walking me through his donation incentives, so we can keep all of those on the incentive list.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
FFCC: (Sorry, kept forgetting to check character length incentives.)

Village name is 7 characters, Alphanumerics. (no hiragana or katakana like I'd originally thought)
Character name is 7 characters, same as Village. Probably the better naming war.

As for the actual costumes, this is a screen of what I think the best 7 are, although I'd probably be better off whittling it down to 3, 1 per race. Problem is that asking around hasn't yielded much of a clear answer. If you guys wanted to just pick one of each race, I'd be fine with that. (1234567 and I are Clavat, A B and Bucket are Lilty, and C and D are Selkie)
http://imgur.com/etZ9Vtt