Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Can the RC bomb quest be done en route to Kvasir to avoid having to fast travel after speaking to him?
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-23 06:10:10 am
Kitin: 2013-07-23 06:09:55 am
Kitin: 2013-07-23 06:09:42 am
Kitin: 2013-07-23 01:47:41 am
Quote from Endless:
Can the RC bomb quest be done en route to Kvasir to avoid having to fast travel after speaking to him?

It can, but the problem is that you need to deliver the supplies before you take take the RC bomb quest. The guy you deliver the supplies to is very close to Kvasir so you have to deliver them to him just before you speak to Kvasir in order to not lose alot of time.

Edit: I believe that this route might be faster even:

Old way:
Delivery+Kvasir
Dead city
Kvasir
Fast travel
RC bomb
Fast travel

New way:
Delivery+Kvasir
Fast travel
RC bomb
Dead City
Kvasir
Fast travel

Edit2: Just tried the other route and it saved 55 sec even though I played pretty bad.
Long time no see. Haven't been doing much at all with this game since last time because of travels, school and stuff.

Played around some today though and I found something interesting, the cars is extremely rc-bomb boost sensitive. You can fly over almost any invisible wall in the wasteland now which opens up for at least one new skip:

If done perfectly (lining up the car faster etc.) it'll save about 40 seconds. Only 3 rc-bombs was used in the clip so it's possible to boost even more by using 2 additional bombs.

Quote from Endless:
That's incredibly awesome.
If there's a segment I'd particularly love to see, it would be getting into the first Authority base. I have a feeling that it'll be something special.

There you go. Cheesy
Wow. I didn't think it would take quite so long, but it was worth it=)
(Also I'm really impressed you remembered that post)
Oh - and welcome back! Can't wait to see what else you make of this.
Can't believe it hadn't been discovered earlier oO
Thanks Endless! Smiley
Quote from atomicJo:
Can't believe it hadn't been discovered earlier oO

Me neither, can't imagine where this game would be if more people worked on it.

---

A new skip, it will require rerouting since you usually don't have the bombs at this stage.
Just started to test running The Schorcher DLC and it's amazing. Have managed to completely brake the first two levels so that the whole levels are being skipped pretty much. Can you submit DLC speedruns to SDA? If so, how does that work with the inventory and stuff? You can start the DLC quest whenever you want so it's possible to just stack up on ammo, items and weapons before the quest start.
Likely you'll be going into it with 99 RC cars and 999 pop rockets then.
Quote from Endless:
Likely you'll be going into it with 99 RC cars and 999 pop rockets then.

Exactly, and pulse cannon + lots of BFG rounds and authority augmenters. "Unlitimited resource run", should be a thing. Cheesy

Managed to completely brake the Mutant Bash TV quest within The Scorchers as well, I skip to the last "arena" by mountainclimbing. 
IMO it'b be better to run the full game before, then DLCs are just bonuses!
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-09-28 11:06:53 am
Quote from atomicJo:
IMO it'b be better to run the full game before, then DLCs are just bonuses!

Yeah probably, the full game is so damn long though so it would take ages to do a segmented run.

---

Here are the skips for the first 3 levels in the DLC:

This skips the whole thing basically, the long cutscene and all the running. It can probably be faster by launching so that you land by the barrel where the trigger is.
---

This skips lots of running and shooting and then it skips a scripted fight in the end where you have to kill everybody. I'm still experimenting with this one and it can obviously be done alot faster.
---

This skips 5 out of 6 arenas. The annoying thing is that you can't make saves during the challenge so everything must be in one segment. I can probably improve by using the RC cars more and by somehow landing the fall without having to suicide, jumping far enough the enter the gun mid-air might work.
---

The other levels are much more solid but I have found at least one minute worth of skips there as well.

Edit:

Haha it worked:

Unbelievable. That's gonna look awesome in the middle of a run=)
Stalker!
Quote from Kitin:
Yeah probably, the full game is so damn long though so it would take ages to do a segmented run.

it took you a bit more then 90 min to finish it in an ss run. since then you have discovered some new stuff, so it will be defiantly less then 90min.
thats not that much, and its a feels very rewarding to see how fast it can be done.
Quote from cortez:
Quote from Kitin:

it took you a bit more then 90 min to finish it in an ss run. since then you have discovered some new stuff, so it will be defiantly less then 90min.
thats not that much, and its a feels very rewarding to see how fast it can be done.

Yes the run will probably end up sub 80 min, but the actuall time to complete all the segments will take very long. The average time of the segments will be about 30 sek I believe, that makes 160 segments and the average time to complete each segment will probably be one day (some days I'll be able to complete multiple segments but I will get stuck on some for weeks). Add that I just started studying at a 5 year master of science program that leaves little leisure, it might take more than a year to complete.
This happened to me yesterday btw:

Some kind of animation cancel for the pulse cannon. Haven't been able to recreate it though. A way to cancel the animation for the pulse cannon would be golden.

This one is pretty cool. Might be possible to go OOB at the very start of the level instead but that will be extremely hard.
You should start streaming already! Smiley
Holy hell, this is getting intense. Those combined car/bfg jumps are ridiculous.
Quote from Sebastiaaaaan:

Might start stream some segments when I run the schorchers. I usually don't play for long sessions when i'm finding glitches, ideas pop in to my head when i'm not playing and then I start the game to try it real quick, streaming would make that process a pain in the ass. Smiley
Quote from Endless:
Holy hell, this is getting intense. Those combined car/bfg jumps are ridiculous.

Indeed they are, running the main game would be so much more fun and interesting if you got that earlier.

---

Is there someone that played this game "normally" alot and can tell me which car (with all speed enhancing upgrades) is the fastest?
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-10-02 04:00:45 pm
Kitin: 2013-10-02 03:39:49 pm
Kitin: 2013-10-02 02:35:03 pm
Quote from Sebastiaaaaan:

I just tried streaming with OBS but the video lags and I can't record with fraps at the same time for some reason. I tried downscaling to 540p, reduced fps to 30 and bit-rate to 2000kb/s but it lags even then. I assume that OBS is equally bad as dxtory to capture rage, fraps is the only software that works.

Edit: I have 10mb upload speed (I believe it's 25mb according to the internet company but not according to the speedtest I just did), an intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 8gb ram and a gtx 670 card. This shouldn't be a problem, right?

Edit2: The stream link is http://www.twitch.tv/kitinid anyhow. Trying to stream some q3 defrag now Cheesy
Did you try Xfire ? it has a broadcast option, and I remember recording Rage okay with it.
For recording you should try out MSI Afterburner, it's pretty awesome.
hi there!

i just got rage today and i saw there i a little community around it, cool! Is there any complete run route? tricks note? and is there a list of all segments done already? coz we could maybe work together!
Quote from evomagic:
hi there!

i just got rage today and i saw there i a little community around it, cool! Is there any complete run route? tricks note? and is there a list of all segments done already? coz we could maybe work together!

Hi! Nice to see someone new here. The most complete run route right now is probably my single-segment speedrun:

There's a highlight list in the description of the video that explains about all tricks. There are however new stuff from page 6 of this thread and forward that you might want to check and there are some other tricks that's only viable in a segmented run. You can find everything in this thread though (only 8 pages to look through).

I scrapped the segmented speedrun I was working so there's no segmented run of the whole game in progress atm. I'm currently working on a segmented run for the scorchers dlc.

Let me know if you need clarification on something!