<- 1  -   of 40 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
UA has been notified but I don't know when he will have a fix out.

Cool.  Sorry if it was a known issue I rehashed.  Smiley
Fucking Weeaboo
In the latest news update (May 7th) you attempt to link to Homestar Runner but it added it as a sublink to SDA.
Dragon Power Supreme
Fixed, thanks.
You got a deletion wish?
Tony Hawk's Project 8 run is the XBox 360 version, not Gamecube (XBox Live in the menu Wink )
The TimeShift run on casual difficulty has a wrong date on its page, probably the old date was not updated.
The run was completed on 2015-10-15.
I just saw that this run video is missing.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
ActRaiser 2 is a difficult platformer developed by Quintet and published by Enix for the SNES in 1993. This sequel to ActRaiser finds The Master (God) continuing his fight against Tanzra (Satan)

ActRaiser 2 is actually a prequel in regards to the story.
Thanks! finally all that stuff should be fixed. Tony Hawk's Project 8 doesn't currently show the platform (i.e. it's only been run on one) so that should be fine...
Edit history:
thepenguin55: 2017-09-24 11:59:27 am
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
A lot of the platform information for the Splinter Cell games is lacking or incorrect so I wanted to give my input (for whatever that's worth). Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell of its main releases has 3 content unique versions of the game:
-The Xbox, PC and PS3 HD editions. Resolution, framerate, controls and I believe some glitches are some of the things that make these three versions different from each other but content-wise these games are identical.
-The GameCube edition. This port of the Xbox game was made by Ubisoft Shanghai and is a trimmed down/modified version of the Xbox game. The game is very similar but the stages are much shorter than in the xbox version.
-The PS2 edition. This version is identical to the GCN version except it features one mission that is 100% exclusive to the PS2 version.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow has 2 content unique main versions of the game:
-The Xbox, PC and PS3 HD editions. Resolution, framerate, controls and I believe some glitches are some of the things that make these three versions different from each other but content-wise these games are identical.
-The GameCube and PS2 editions. This port of the Xbox game was made by Ubisoft Shanghai and is a trimmed down/modified version of the Xbox game. The game is very similar but the stages are much shorter than in the Xbox version. Also, content-wise the campaign in the PS2 and GCN editions are identical with the only difference being that the GCN version has a exclusive weapon.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has 2 content unique main versions of the game:
-The Xbox, PC and PS3 HD editions. Resolution, framerate, controls and I believe some glitches are some of the things that make these three versions different from each other but content-wise the single player campaigns in these versions of CT are identical (the PS3 version does not have a co-op campaign like the other versions.
-The GameCube and PS2 editions. This port of the Xbox game was made by Ubisoft Shanghai and is a trimmed down/modified version of the Xbox game. The game is very similar but the stages are much shorter than in the Xbox version. Also, content-wise the campaigns in the PS2 and GCN editions are identical.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent has 2 content unique main versions of the game:
-The 360, PC and PS3 editions. Resolution, framerate, controls and I believe some glitches are some of the things that make these three versions different from each other but content-wise these versions of DA are identical. This version is often referred to as the Shanghai version of the game for two reasons; this version features an exclusive mission in Shanghai and it's developed by Ubisoft Shanghai. The PC version is a port of the 360 version and the PS3 version is a port of the PC version (I believe these ports were handled by other teams at Ubi).
-The Xbox, Wii, GameCube and PS2 editions. Despite the name this game is unique from the Ubi Shanghai version and is made by Ubisoft Montreal. This game takes place in many (but not all) of the same locales as the Shanghai version, similar story beats to the Shanghai version and all the same characters as the Shanghai version but all of the missions are completely different from the Shanghai version (as are some story beats). Content-wise the campaigns for the Xbox, Wii, GCN and PS2 versions are all identical (though the PS2 version features two optional bonus missions).

Sorry for the large post. The way the Splinter Cell games are broken out in the Games list has been bothering me for awhile so I figured I would post about it to see if they could be changed (I understand if it's not possible). Also, the Games list incorrectly shows the Ubi Montreal version of Double Agent as a PS1 game which is incorrect and it shows the Ubi Shanghai version of Double Agent as being a PS2, XboX, GCN and Wii game which is also incorrect.

Attachment:
The general principle is we only do so much work initially and adjust as necessary with each new submission, adding new platforms etc. Some of that stuff sounds like someone was a bit sloppy though.

So to outline what you've said:

Splinter Cell - GameCube - might be moved to its own page together with the PS2 version.
Splinter Cell - PS3 HD - add this.
Pandora Tomorrow - GameCube - might be moved to its own page together with the PS2 version.
Pandora Tomorrow - PS3 HD - add this.
Chaos Theory - PS2 - move on the same page as CG
Chaos Theory - PS3 HD - add this
Double Agent Shanghai - Xbox/PS2/GC/Wii - remove these.
Double Agent Montreal - PS1 - Change to PS2.

Anything else you've seen?
Fixed everything except the screenshots on the new Gamecube Splinter Cell page will be missing for a while.
Dragon Power Supreme
Screenshots have been uploaded, and also did some for Pandora Tomorrow.
On http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleMadness.html - there is a typo.

December 5 2016, 2:45.465, Steve Barrios should be December 5 2015, 2:45.465, Steve Barrios

Thanks!
Balls jerky
Not sure if this has been brought up or if this is the right place for it, but the Sonic 2 Knuckles run is MIA. http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?Sonic2_Knuckles_1557
This is a very good place and you did well to say that. It's been fixed now.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Not sure if it's a temporary thing or what but the Rabi-Ribi page is 404 and doesn't even appear on the list of games.
That's correct, the only run was requested to be removed.
Edit history:
oxyjoe: 2019-11-24 10:01:01 pm
oxyjoe: 2019-11-24 09:59:52 pm
I'm new here, just registered in fact in order to ask this question because it's bugging me.
Not part of the speedrunning community except as an audience-member essentially.

On the OOT page (http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaOcarinaOfTime.html) it says
"Best time with Large-Skip glitches: Single-segment 0:15:22 by Cosmo Wright on 2014-07-20."
Cosmo himself never acted like his oot runs were even close to 15-16 minutes, but instead about 18. 18:10 is what he himself said the run was at. This clearly isn't a normal typo, just instead some way that SDA measures runs that the actual zelda speedrun community doesn't use. So yeah I'm confused by this.

(On a side note, it would seem like this is an outdated wr anyway, someone else who's well established here can confirm for me)

Oxyjoe
The runs up on SDA are not always WRs even when they are accepted. It's up to each community to submit better runs from time to time if they want that page to be updated. Here's some reasons why someone might want to do that.

I'll ask the timer how that game is timed but it could just be the opening cutscene is that long (?).
Dragon Power Supreme
Hola, the timing of OoTime is based on player control rather than pressing start to begin the game.
Hello all. These links in the QDQ area seem broken:

http://quake.speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/demos/DQr-1605.zip
http://quake.speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/textfiles/DQr-1605.txt

I do realize they're off-topic (being tool assisted), but they were a big deal in the Doom community at the time and the runners worked really hard on them, so it would be a shame to lose the history.

Hope that makes sense, thanks.
Thanks, relayed to Radix, whose area that is.
I'm addicted to games
Fixed
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2020-09-11 05:16:36 pm
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
On the Gotcha Force page, the links to the runner_info page are broken.