Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
hey guys i recently stumbled on someone doing a harvest moon back to nature 98% speedrun and it has intrigued me to want to try and speedrun this game myself. I don't currently own any consoles so my question would be if it's allowed to play the original Playstation version or the newer PSP boy or girl version with an emulator or will i need to acquire a console in order to run this game?
I'm French, sorry for mistakes
Bonjour! My name's Nemau! (I'm French, I will probably make some mistakes)

There is already a member named "Nemau" and I've just discover ...it's me. Only three posts, in 2010, I didn't remember and I couldn't verified it before being (re)registered. Anyway, sorry for this double account.

Question: is the site still really active? I'm interested about Zelda: Link's Awakening and the three records are dated 2010 and 2011, despite a lot of better runs (due to a lot of discoveries) since 2011.

Anyway, happy to be (back) here! Smiley
Everyone remember to check the rules: https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Rules and also the other resources in the Knowledge Base and around the forums - those should answer most non-specific questions.

GreyWolf: You should see if there is a thread under "planning" for the game or create one. Ask again there.

Jonar: Check the games listing (accessible through the front page) or just google Speed Demos Archive Haunting Ground. You should also look for or start a thread in the right part of the forums. Very good that you're actually looking into the game's workings: it's difficult to get a run accepted on SDA if you don't really wanna take the time to polish it.

seifer: Refer to the rules. We only accept DosBox out of all emulators at current.

Nemau: I'll see if I can merge your old and new users but I'm not sure if the system allows for that. It happens. The site is active but unlike speedrun.com, people have to go through some trouble to get their runs published and we couldn't process every new record run for every games anyway. The runs don't have to be WRs if the game is highly competitive as I'd expect most Zelda games to be.

Welcome all! I hope you find what you were looking for here. Remember to create a thread for your game under "planning" so others interested in that game will find you. There isn't always anyone looking at the more obscure games at the same time ofc.
Edit history:
Nemau: 2017-08-01 11:23:27 am
Nemau: 2017-07-31 02:48:06 pm
Quote:
I'll see if I can merge your old and new users but I'm not sure if the system allows for that.

If it doesn't worked, and If you agree, can you just rename my old account (by something like "Nemau2") and rename the current one by "Nemau"? Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^"

I've just seen you're from Finland, if I say to you I have a big flag of Finland in my bedroom (1, 2), am I forgiven ? Grin I have it since I'm a teenager, at this time I've discovered awesome finnish metal bands. ^^ [/mylife]
Hahaha! That's soooo random. What do your friends think?

By the mercy of the benevolent SDA staff, you have been granted your old name back! In return, you have to submit some awesome speedrun...
Edit history:
Nemau: 2017-08-03 07:33:38 am
Quote:
What do your friends think?
Most of them like a lot of suomi metal bands too. ^^

Quote:
By the mercy of the benevolent SDA staff, you have been granted your old name back!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
In return, you have to submit some awesome speedrun...
I want to make a good run for Link's Awakening Any% NoWW/OoB/S&Q NoDeath. ^^ I know the black and white version of this game is less runned, but I really prefer it. I know too that for this game "NoDeath" isn't a category usually runned (so people allow themselves to die in the items shop) but I really prefer when Link make his "fast adventure" in one go, it's prettier I think. But, I will reexplain this when my run will be done. ^^
Edit history:
Eirahcaz: 2017-08-21 12:31:08 am
I am error.
Okay then.

My name is Eirahcaz, I'm a speedrunner of retro games (mostly N64 ones.) My main game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I used to be under the username Bernacaz 2 years ago but since then, I changed my user name and I took a break of speedrunning (personal issues.)

I've known speedrunning for about 5 years now, the earliest memory I have of discovering speedrunning was Pokeypummel17 video entitled ''How real man gets the fire arrows'' which then leaded me to Pheenoh old 100% speedrun of Ocarina of Time in 6:21.

Else than that, I like weird challenges in games and metal. That's pretty much it to be honest, see you on the site! Smiley
Edit history:
twin0mega: 2017-09-11 10:50:19 am
twin0mega: 2017-09-11 10:46:47 am
twin0mega: 2017-09-11 10:46:05 am
twitch.tv/twin0mega
A lot of you probably already know me. But for those who don't, I'm a 31-year-old artist and future game dev. I have a background in web design but found out that I really don't like it, so I gave it up to focus on my passions.

I'm a freelancer, which means I'm always for hire to make emotes, layouts, or any other kind of art a person may want or need. But my main focus (aside from speedrunning) is going to be to develop games. My goal is to create true spiritual successors to deserving retro games that never got sequels, the sequels did not do the games justice, or there deserves to be another. I want to stay as true and pure to the original as possible. That means chiptunes, 8bit-16bit graphics, etc. Some titles I'd like to work on include, Ninja Gaiden 4, Battle of Olympus 2, Rygar 2, Blaster Master 3, Actraiser 3, Dragon Spirit 2, etc.

As far as gaming goes, I'm relatively new to speedrunning, just took it up last year around March 2016 when I "discovered" it through a friend. The first channels I was introduced to were Darkwing_duck_sda, Arcus87, and Darbian's SMB1 WR video. After that, I was hooked.

I spent way too much time watching Arcus, as Ninja Gaiden was one of those games I loved as a kid, but could never beat. Mesmerized by Arcus' skill at the game I decided to try out speedrunning. I chose to run Castlevania, but seeing Ninja Gaiden every single day, I wanted to try a couple of the tricks Arcus was doing in Act 1, just to see if I could. Before I knew it, I was speedrunning Act 1. A year later I got my 1st public PB of 13:48...which I am not very happy with, but glad to have finally gotten the PB.

One day I made up an arbitrary goal for Ninja Gaiden, subOhon (11:46.xx) should be fun to go for I thought. I don't really care about records, so even if it was no longer the 2nd place, that's still my goal from here until the end. Recently I took a break from NG and started running Ninja Crusaders. Being such a short game, my aim is WR (4:45.xx), which I believe is within reach.

So anyhow, that's me in a nutshell.

Just the other day I was thinking "it would be great if there was a forum for speedrunners and Twitch streamers to share ideas, strats, designs, etc. Then Endy told me about SDA having a forum, so here I am, hoping to call this home for a while. It will be a pleasure to meet you all.
Welcome, new people! Please use the "planning" forums to look for or start threads for individual games. Check the other FAQs, knowledge base etc. if your aim is to eventually submit a run for our collection (know that such a run usually takes a good while to get planned and executed).
Hello everyone, I'm Erik.
Nice to meet you and hope we'll have good time together.

-----------------------------------
You can visit me here:
My website: http://appnaz.com/android/skychamp-co.spiritbomb.skychamp
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allison.hadid.12
Hello all. I started watching GDQ runs a few weeks ago and have been loving the runs.  I'm just starting runs myself of FFIV mostly due to watching puwexil. I love how it's making a game I've played 50 times seem brand new.  It's great playing it totally differently than I usually do with lots of xp grinding. My first goal is a sub 4hr run.

Hello everyone,

Greetings

I'm new here in this fantastic community. Nice to meet you all.

Many Thanks.
Hey everyone, I'm Gottie.

I really think what you guys do is amazing and I would like to be a part of it if i can!
Hello!
I’m Raichu, an MGS speedrunner. Smiley nice to meet you all!
Hey, I'm EZScape
Spyro is cool
I make YouTube videos about speedrunning
They're ok
Wafuu~
Hello, I'm Tyler2022

I mainly play Metal Gear Solid series games for speedruns. I have played Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I got into speedrunning earlier this year and have posted multiple times on speedrun.com. I would like to start uploading to SDA in the near future.

Thank you all.
Never stop fighting
Hey, I'm Hootey! Been watching the GDQ events since 2014 and got into speedrunning with Super Punch-Out. Love the community and its subgroups. Volunteered at AGDQ 2017 for the first time and had a blast, hoping to do it every year.

Always happy to meet more runners and supporters of this hobby. Smiley
Novices learn what experts unlearn.
I'm Robert and glad to transform from speedrunning lurker to participant.  My interest in speedrunning came from running through Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on dying batteries alongside my brother on a dusty GameBoy that played slots to decide whether or not it would start.  Since then we made amateur attempts at runs (12 hour Pokemon Yellow was unbeatable, obviously) that eventually transformed into my discovery of AGDQ, Pokemon runners, and a desire to contribute in meaningful fashion for the games that I love.

As I was an introverted military brat growing up, games easily found their way to me, particularly games from what I consider Nintendo's golden age... here's looking at you Pokemon Snap, Mario Golf/Tennis, Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox, etc etc.  There's a limit to what perfect shot Bowser should be capable of in Mario Golf xD  Add in the endless high score competitions in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 & 3 and that about rounds out my childhood.  Since then I've enjoyed being sucked into the vortex of lifestyle games (DanceDanceRevolution and StarCraft 2) and living out my own life in the military on top of it all.  Unsurprisingly, I spent some time as a community figure / moderator / tutorial designer / ranked multiplayer designer for a would-be lifestyle game and bounced between playtesting to whatever I could grab an invite.  Conventions are excellent for grabbing those, particularly for up-and-coming CCGs and board games.

My original screen name was Mateus, named after the Human Totema from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (gotta love playing psychopathic protagonists), but since then anime wormed its way in and never looked back.  Now I'm named after an animation technique pioneered by Ichiro Itano of Macross fame.  The Itano Circus is a flying multitude of missiles, huge in number and complex in their flight paths.  Sometimes they all detonate on a target for a satisfying explosion, sometimes they detonate and cause no damage, and sometimes they're a great shorthand for showing an ace pilot's aptitude... in any case it fits the best and worst aspects of myself, so I take it with pride.

For speedruns I'll start out with an homage to the gamebooks I read when I was younger through the "Lone Wolf" series.  Real men play Glitchless Single Segment after all Wink  ... though seriously, watching an any% of games like Final Fantasy IV makes me brick myself thinking of the mechanical aspects of the inputs.

Whelp, that's all for now.  Nice to meet all of you!
I'm danddjosh2000, been watching speedruns for almost as long as they have existed, way back when Doom demos were the "speedrunning".
Quote from danddjosh2000:
I'm danddjosh2000, been watching speedruns for almost as long as they have existed, way back when Doom demos were the "speedrunning".

Well you predate me by about an eternity then.

Welcome all new guys [and girls]! Now we just require top-notch runs from y'all.
https://dondeq2.wordpress.com
Hi everybody. Please call me "donde" that's my gamertag real name Arthur. I have been playing Quake 2 since '97 the year it came out when I was in high school. Now I am 34 and have taken on the project of archiving the history of Quake 2 / late 90's multiplayer online gaming.  If you are interested please check out the wordpress part of the project where I am using archive.org to find websites no longer available on the WWW, and reposting them screenshot by screenshot.  Please get in touch if you have info on corners of the Quake 2 universe I may have missed that you would like archived. There are also video channels and social media aspects of the Quake 2 project - it's been too much fun.  The community is really what makes those late 90's games special, personally to me, and in the context of gaming history because of all the community generated content. Thank you all those here who go way back. Here is the link for those interested:

https://dondeq2.wordpress.com

I have already posted a lot of cool old school material on late 90's Quake and Quake 2 speed running: I recommend searching my website for keywords like "quick" and "speed" or by checking out the category "Skills."
Feel free to also post about that in the Quake section, though mostly speedrunners will see it there, or under "gaming discussion".

I presume you've spoken with Radix already?
I'm mAx, I haven't really run anything, but have been a fan of speedruns since around 2009 when I saw a glitch exhibition of OoT and have been finding glitches ever since. I have only now created an account because I want to try to contribute at least a little bit to some communities. I have no real experience here or on any other forums, for that matter.
Hey. Nice to be here. Love watching speed runs but don’t run myself. Attending agdq for the first time this year. Really excited about it. I live local and I’m 25 years old
Edit history:
dedis: 2017-12-06 12:50:50 am
Hey guys, my name is Dusty.  I've looked around on here for a few years now watching videos and marveling at the skill of those who made them.  I've never really tried speed running personally as I am an OCD gamer (get everything, max levels, beat everything, etc....), księgowa Jelenia Góra but the process does intrigue me.  I finally decided to join up in the thoughts of eventually trying some myself or placing some bounties for ones I'd like to see.
Edit:
I think I will try in few days to speedrun Gothic 1 Cheesy