Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fool in the rain
Hello. I am Adelheid (AdelheidJS) and I've been a hard mode / challenge addict my whole life. Normally I go through challenges for Mega Man games such as Minimalist and No Damage but recently, I've developed a strange obsession with improving my skills in Shinobi 3 and hopefully, achieve a good speed run PB in it. I hope to meet other diehard Shinobi fans and to learn as much as possible.

Up until recently, Speed Runs always intimidated me too much to try, but I decided to finally give it a shot.
Sliding on the PSX is hard guys!
I have a few usernames, My Name is Daniel. D. D.
When I was littler I used to go on the Gamefaqs Board For Fire Emblem sacred stones giving absurd challenges because i was silly at the time and thought they were reasonable I guess. I Now Practice speedrunning tactics and Hopefully one day I will finish a speedrun of something OTHER Than Link to the Past at 3:01.
Thanks for all the welcoming, I am looking forward to getting down speedruns for EDIT:Resident Evil: DC, Chrono Trigger, FE8 and FF4!
Thanks to Puwexil for the advice on Chrono Trigger speedrunning!
Favorite Game Series: Megaman Battle Network
Favorite Game to Attempt to run: Resident Evil: DS (classic of course)
Spider-Man is Life
Hello I'm Vaccer, pronounced vay-sir or vasser by most although if you want to pronounce the cc's go ahead. I currently run Ultimate Spider-Man and am looking to branch out into other Spider-Man titles in the future. Running has been a interest of mine for 4 years but I finally started doing it 2 months ago. I really hope to bring more interest to all the various 3d spider-man games even if there's only 5 of them I want to run.

I like to play simulation games and strategy games along with racing games when I'm fed up with running since I find them relaxing.
"I'm the TRASHMAN."
Yo, I'm dongerdude and I speedrun video games, mainly Super Mario 3D World. I'm going to start streaming very soon, so expect some more streams of runs of that game, 3DW speedrun streams are dead. I'm currently in high school, so streams might not be daily. See you guys around!
Tokyo Attack
I figure I'll introduce myself.

I'm Fiz, been always thinking about speedrunning, but never started it until now.  I attended AGDQ 2016 as a member of Tokyo Attack (we brought the arcade machines) and have since started running Final Fantasy IV.  I'm not very good at it, but we all have to start somewhere.

You can catch me on twitch or twitter at FizPlaysGames.  I hope to see you guys stop by sometime!
Hello everyone.

I've joined SDA in hopes of submitting some runs for Warhammer End Times: Vermintide. I've done some speedruns in the past but never in a formal setting according to strict guidelines. I think we have a pretty solid group and I'm excited to bring Vermintide to SDA. Some runs for the game have been posted on speedrun.com/whetv if you're interested in seeing what the game is like.
Hey everybody. 

I'm ThreeOfCards.  Joined SDA as I am about to attend my first GDQ.  I have been watching speedruns from the GDQs since AGDQ 2015, and I finally talked my wife into letting me attend this one.  I don't speedrun currently, but it's not something I wouldn't look into in the future.  I do love watching people speedrun.  Hope to meet some of you guys there!
Hi there everybody!

I'm new to the community of speed running but I've been watching speed runs since the 2013 GDQs. I had a few negative events in my life occur in the past few months and I've been looking for something to take my mind off of things, so I turned my head towards speed running. I'm looking to start running Tak and the Power of Juju or Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Both of these games were a lot of fun to play and still are. I hope to get good at running these games to attend a GDQ one day.

I hope to make new friends and meet new people!
Hello, my name is Sayaka. Wink
have a Good well! thumbsup
Hello everyone, kinda new to speedrunning decided to pick it up after a buddy of mine told me about some videos online of ppl crushing games in under an hour that use to take me a hole weekend to beat. So I started dusting off some of my old games  and picking up new ones that I thought I would never have time for. Currently I'm trying to get better times in MMx and super Metroid. I using the retron 2 for older games don't know it that matters but it was a better price than getting the OH consoles individually and I'm also using the MMx collection will I wait to find a good price on a rockman X.
Edit history:
VyseInglebard: 2016-05-05 07:32:36 pm
[#bluerogues]
Hey there, the name's Vyse.

I've been speedrunning for a ton of games, but due to not having proper capture card hardware, I can't submit recordings or get on the boards. Right now, I run Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, and just started Skies of Arcadia.

The reason I joined was in hopes that I can use my staggering textbook knowledge about Skies of Arcadia to optimize the Single Segment run enough to make 100% feasible, or at the very least tolerable. I figured, hey, I've beaten this game well over 40 or 50 times since its release. I can recite every line of text by heart. I know virtually everything there is about the game. Let's convert that knowledge into "how to beat this game as quickly as possible?" Didn't think it was going to be hard, but then I saw how young the runs were, and realized I had a lot of work cut out for me.

While I can't submit runs, I at least want to do some groundbreaking work in the game's optimization. There'd be no greater good than to do something big for the game that changed my life.
Sup guys,
I am new to speedrunning stuff. I've been watching speedruns for few years now. 1st i saw was for MGS on hardest difficulty and impressed me so much that i started viewing site frequently.
Personally i think you good great stuff by helping needed this way. It is better do anything than nothing.

I am trying to do my own speedrun for C&C:Generals which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_pWHuLDGCfirzYdZffL0NA

I am open to any opinions and tricks that i am not aware of.
Hi. I joined to try to sign up for the Zelda Randomizer Tournament.
Made of many pixels.
Is anybody else excited for SGDQ? Because I'm excited for SGDQ.

Hi. I'm Colaeris.

Longtime lurker, first time registerer. Fan of Diddy Kong Racing, SM64, LoZ OoT, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, and Halo runs. Currently seeing if Destiny has any potential for running. Interested in failing miserably at Pokemon R/B/Y runs.

I do a lot of graphic design and animation in my day job, and I love making stuff look good. Twitch is neat. Ask me about my opinion on pizza.
Mother of Cecil
Greetings all!  Please allow me to introduce myself..

I'm Dravenheart!  Mother, hobby streamer, retro gamer, mmo gamer, nerd, and hope to one day be able to call myself a speedrunner.  Been watching a lot of runs for quite some time, and feeling like I'm about to take them baby steps into the world of speedrunning.  While I own a SNES and have my FFIV cartridge that my dad originally bought back in 1991, I don't have any means currently to invest in a capture device.

I love the SNES era, and especially RPG's from that era.  My love and passion for FFIV is insane having played and beaten many versions of the game for 20+ years.  Looking to start to taking that love to the next level with what my husband calls "breaking all the things" lol  Hopefully looking to join the FFIV community as a result.

I'm a stay-at-home mom by trade, so games are nice way to relax when my paladin-in-training is asleep. Smiley
Hello! Not sure what to say so I'm just going to be kind of generic! I'm new to the speedrunning community and SDA itself! I have always found interest in it as of the last few years and really decided to take the leap into a community and see if maybe I could even try my hand at speedrunning soon! I'm unsure of where to start, which actually does make me a bit apprehensive to take the dive into a game, but I have a few games I really love and want to try to speedrun! I want to hopefully pick a game that is somewhat 'quick', so then I can expand into games that have longer play times. Essentially, I want to do it so there isn't a lot to memorize at first and work my way up from there. I'm consistently a multiplayer kind of player so speedrunning will be kind of a jump for me! I hope to meet a lot of people here and learn a lot about speedruns in general!

Name and stuff? I just go by Nirvash, 23, and living in Florida! xD Not really sure how these things work!
In-dal-uh-zay-lee-ah!
These are always kinda awkward for me so here goes.

Indalazaylia is my name, huge RPG fan but didn't get into speedrunning until a few months ago. Started streaming my Chrono Cross attempts on my personal twitch channel (three subscribers so far up from one!) and hope to one day get some kind of world record (I'll worry about that later on though lol.) For the most part my comfort games are... RPGs and how fast I can beat them in single segment (final fantasy IV, IX and Chrono Cross in particular the ones I have put the most time into.) but have been working on other games such as DKC for SNES and La-mulana remake.

Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you and... that's my cue to exit!
Ok, intros...
Hi, I'm ShiningShard, or just Shard. I've been speedrunning for a while as a hobby but then I found SDA and decided to jump on the bandwagon. I speedrun Any% of Sonic and the Black Knight and sometimes ILs of Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours. I decided to join because I don't know anyone local who speedruns and this community it just so huge. The dream is to eventually make a name for myself, but that's for another day.
Hey everybody!

My name's Lars, I'm a small-time game developer and blogger whose been a big fan of speedrunning (mostly as a spectator) for a long time.

I like RPG's and strategy games and XCOM.
Greetings.

I'm Xeroh (pronounced like "zero"), a guy currently residing in Tempe, Arizona who is more into platforming than I'd like to admit. I've been playing Mario games religiously my entire life (namely Super Mario World), and eventually got into the habit of beating them as optimally and quickly as possible. I spent a long times playing games casually, but still naturally using speedy movement (shield-dashing in SOTN, diving in Super Mario Sunshine, etc.). I didn't know speedrunning had such a large community built around it until I caught my first AGDQ last year. I went back, watched archives of previous events, and have just now built up the courage to get into running, myself.

I'm looking to get into Megaman X4 and Super Mario World, though I'm definitely open to other games.
I'm in your run, killing your splitz
Heyooo! So I'm just popping up here, I used to do some pretty basic Zero Mission speedrunning, but now I mostly run Starcrown Any% in Interstellar Marines (Waiting for the end of the beta to start submitting runs here -_-) and and I've been routing and glitch-hunting the recently-released RWBY: Grimm Eclipse for 100%, 100+% (Actual percentage will be determined once we figure out how to, and just how much we can, break the new maps and how to re-break Mountain Glenn 1, and oh boy has the change in how air momentum works and the addition of some invisible barriers really throwing me off kilter from the beta, among a list of other things I'd love to discuss in a separate thread if anyone is interested).

So in other words I'm your one-stop-shop for niche Unity games with little-to-no active speedrunning community XD
Edit history:
WaPotes: 2016-07-07 11:11:36 am
Hello everyone Smiley
I've been watching speedruns and GDQs for about 2 years now, and I decided I'd like to begin speedrunning. However, I am completly at a loss on where or how can I  start.
I mainly play on pc, and like metroidvania and megaman(like)  the most, however I do play all kinds of things.
I'd really apriciate if anyone can help me with some tips on how to speedrun, and suggestions on which games are fun to start with and get better at speedrunning.
Thank you for your time
Hi all cloudz here and i am new to speedrunning, i have played a ton of classic games casually for example zelda and final fantasy series (lost count on the final fantasy 7 casual plays) but i think i would love to learn final fantasy adventure route as the game has a zelda feel to it but anyway nice to meet you all and glad i am up for joining the community.

Have one little question though for running FF Adventure should i use the emulator?

thanks again (:
Too Old Too Care
Heys, I am Ley.

I don't have any speed running ambitions yet; I like watching the SGDQ and AGDQ because of the video games. But I wouldn't mind trying my hand at it (speedrunning), so I came here and joined and started browsing for answers.

It's been well over a decade since I have played anything other than a turn based start game online, and I finally broke down (and could afford) a PS4 for the kids and I. I know that my favorite game, FF-VII, has been run as a speed run and outside of the Yuffie-Warp things, it looks really cool. But this is where I start looking for rulings/answers.

I bought a digital copy of FF-VII for the PS4, it has a x3 speed option, a 0 encounter option, and an almost God Mode built in; are any of these viable in their own category? I can't say that any are in any way breaking the rules of the game, as no outside device is being used. I have personally used the x3 speed option, and found that if my inputs aren't going as fast as the game is, I fail what it is that I was trying to do (say tossing greens for a chocobo, slapping Scarlet, dodging a punch?). I feel the built in God Mode might be too close to the fence, as it keeps everyone in the party at 100% hp and full limit breaks for each and every turn, with the only down side of it being that if a monster can deal equal or more damage than you have hp; you do die. The 0 encounter possibility could be rather unique, as it would facilitate not having to run, thus saving that much more time.

I don't know, and I didn't know who to ask; seems when I asked speed runners of the game in the Twitch channels I was being ignored, seems to me that that subscribe button got the better of them. So, I bring it to the community as a whole, thoughts, rulings, opinions? I would rather have a clear cut definition with this game in particular as I might start off with this one, on this platform.
Professional Reprobate
Hello everybody, Ash here.

I'm not a very complicated person from the surface view. I'm a nineteen year old Electrical Engineering student who enjoys playing competitive fighting games like Super Smash Bros. Melee and Skullgirls at a high level. In my off time when I'm not drowning in homework or developing arthritis, I partake in speedrunning some of my favorite videogames. I generally speedrun PC/NGC games since those have been my go-to gaming platforms when I was growing up. Right now I speedrun DuckTales: Remastered and Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge but I'm looking to grow my repertoire of Speedgames in the not-to-distant future. Some of the games I want to run soon are games such as Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, Wario World, Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue, and Super Monkey Ball.

I've joined SDA in hopes to meet new friends and find new information on the games I want to participate in speedruns of. Being very technically minded myself, I hope to add to discussions on possible new optimizations and figure out complex situations in order to achieve the best times possible in runs.

To everyone that I've met so far and to those that I haven't:
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Hopefully we can be friends!