Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
What up guys. My names Dave, although most people online call me TechX or KaptinBoxxi (depending on the community it seems). I've been speed running as a hobby for a little while, but never taken it seriously until now. I'm interested in speed running mainly N64 and games no one has ever really heard of. I also want to bring speed runs of Android/mobile based games to the community. I've found quite a few games I believe could be awesome for speed running on a mobile platform like an Android device.

My first game I plan on shooting for a record on is Snowboard Kids 2 as its a childhood favorite. From there I'll move to PS2 and try to get a record in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 because it has 2 mission based modes that have a real Arcade feel to them
Hello! I'm new to SDA and I was wondering if anyone here runs Bleed.
Hello guys. I´ve been trying to speedrun Mario 64 for the last year and never did really know where to start. I´m a bit shy and so i never got around to get involved in the community - but i decided to just do it like Shia Labeouf told me to. Maybe i can figure out how to do this here, with the help of you guys Smiley
Hello! Finally decided to join something and get myself starting on actual speedrunning. I've been wanting to, and now's the time to see if I've got it in me.
The only game I have done a speedrun in so far is Haunting Ground, but it remains unrecorded until I get a capture card.
I'm also interested in seeing what I can do in an SNES game called Soul Blazer, but I still haven't beaten it casually yet.
Professional Garbage Runner
So I finally decided to make an account after like a year and a half. Anyway, I'm Zaveguin you can call me Zave for short. I run a couple games, spread a bunch of memes, and that's really it.
Hello everyone. My name is Mike. I've been casually speedrunning Goldeneye and Perfect dark since 2003. Originally from the-elite.net, I rage quitted GE/PD and thus the-elite in 2006 when the grind for times became absurd. 15+ hour grinds on single levels. I never stopped playing those games however. It was until recently that I became passionate about speedrunning a new game (Pikmin3) Miles' any% and Ice_cube's 'All Fruits' runs got me really excited to speedrun again. It might sound weird but Pikmin3 and GE/PD are very alike to me in their level of janky controls and insane RNG. Except with this game I actually feel that I have a strong chance at optimzing the routes further and contributing to the small yet talented Pikmin3 community. Oh and a little personal info about me. My day job is being a session musician. I've been playing drums since age 4 and graduated from the berkley college of music. Since then i've sessioned for some notable arists from SoCal such as: Sublime,Suicidal Tendencies, and Spence. I hope to make some new friends here. Peace & love
Hey guys n gals. Davis here. Started out with MTPU, then played cs 1.6 competitively, now I write game reviews on our website and stream just for the fun of it. I'd like to get into speedrunning, with Impossible Game and SuperMeatBoy probably to be my first 2 title attempts. I love gaming in general, though with my Steam library bloating I tend to PC game more than anything else. See you guys around.
Hello, my name's Meko750, but I usually go by Hawlucha's Wingman. Real name is Jacob Coltson, but who really cares? Grin I have known about SDA for a while, but gained interest in it after finding AGDQ. Since then, I've been extremely interested in speedrunning, but never had the guts to give it a shot myself. Then I saw a run of Black Ops 2 and realized, "Wow, this could be seriously improved..." I don't own many video games, and even fewer that'd be good for speedruns, but I'm currently working on a few Call of Duty runs. Mainly Black Ops 2. I don't really have future plans for speedruns, but Majora's Mask and Super Mario Galaxy are on my mind. (If I ever get around to them, that is. Tongue ) That, and pretty much any Fire Emblem. Except Shadow Dragon. Nobody likes that one.

Other than that, I'm still in school, but I have a lot of free time. I love music, but only the good kind. Wink I'm a lifelong wrestling fan, as if the Hawlucha wasn't a giveaway. And ponies.
Hi everyone. Name is Razulon or Raz for short. I use to test video games for a living but now have moved on.  I joined the forums just recently even though I have watched the last 3 years of GDQ and I love watching people speedrun games. I plan on learning Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG and a few other classics from NES to Gamecube and PS1/PS2. I also want to stream on Twitch for fun.
Hello everyone,

I am currently learning to speedrun Ecco the Dolphin. I became interested in runs after playing a lot of Mega Man 2 and getting proficient with the levels to the point where I thought I might have it in me to learn other games. I was watching GDQ a few months ago and found blueglass and his Ecco runs. Being a big fan of Ecco and having been a longtime community member of older Ecco communities and writing articles about the game, I thought it would be fun to do the same. I'm at a point now where I have done a sub 30 minute run (approx.) and am getting fairly consistent. I also discovered something about the games mechanics I didn't know before after a lot of play. I am also interested in running Shovel Knight.

Currently I do not have anything set up for recording etc. but am hoping to do so once my runs become consistent enough. In the meantime I'm reading the forums and watching runs, etc.
Hello! Name's James, but I go by Gacku. I'm new to speedrunning and I just got my first capture device! I hope to get into playing some of my old favorites at high speeds.
Hello everyone. I am ridleykiller93 and I am currently trying to plan out an any% route for Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. I am hoping to find more information and/or contribute what I know to anyone else trying to accomplish a similar goal.
Hmm Hello guys. Since there's so much around here I'm not even sure if it'll get read but w/e

I'm kinda new to the speedrunning universe as a runner. (I mean, I saw tons and tons of runs via AGDQ and on the internet in general)
Like a lost of people here I'm here to learn/help for a game. And this game is undertale... I plan on going full genocide. I'm already pretty good with the sans fight. But pretty good is clearly not enough. and 3 success out of 5 tries is far from being great. But since I got these results under 4h of play I guess I'd give a shot at this. And then remembered about the genocide grinding.

I tried to run DKC3 last year... And got discouraged way to fast because people that are running it are really too good at it right now I doubt I'll ever get to their point.

I'm kinda lost on the site right now and don't really know where to go to get ressources about Undertale. (I saw the Planning > Undertale thread but it's kinda all over the place...) If anyone would be kind enough to show me where it's at via PM it would be really appreciated.
Hello SDA community!  I've been watching SGDQ and AGDQ for years, and I've been interested in speed running since my youth when we raced Mega Man 3 against each other.

Nowadays I'm mostly in to jRPGs, particularly things like the FF6 co-op run a couple years ago with Puwexil and Essentia.

Looking forward to getting better with everyone!
Hello. So, for the past couple years I've wanted to speed run SOMETHING, but I could never figure out what I wanted to run. I thought about SMW, since I did some ROM hacks a few years back and thought my knowledge of the game would help, but I ultimately decided not to because it already has a ton of runners surrounding it and I'd just get lost in it all. Maybe I'll come back to the idea someday. I also thought about F.E.A.R. With this one I actually got to the point where I was learning some tech, but I couldn't keep my interest on it, so I stopped.

This time though, I think I've found something.

I bought FF Type 0 specifically for the purpose of getting the FFXV demo: Episode Duscea. I became a fan of FF after talking with a friend, playing FFX, and playing FFXIV, so I was eager to get my hands on the game. I played Duscea and thought it was great for a demo, Duscea 2.0 only solidified that. Then a few weeks back, I realized something: I wanted to run FFXV. When the game comes out, I want to play the entire game causualy, route the entire game, and run it. However, runing what will probably be a huge game as a first project is a little overwhelming. I needed a project to work on first, something shorter.

Then I realized FFXV: Episode Duscea would work perfectly.

So that's my current project. I want to run FFXV: Episode Duscea and get a really good run before the release of FFXV. I hope I can get along with all of you in the days, months, and even years to come. 
Edit history:
Sabre: 2017-09-23 09:38:17 pm
Sabre: 2016-01-27 04:09:13 pm
we out here boys
Yo!

My name's Max and I've been keeping up with the speedrunning community for years. Since most of my practice has been done offline, I wanted focus on getting more runs up online and see how that goes. Glad to be here amongst people who love the same thing, and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into this community. Pretty short intro, but eh, whaddaya gonna do.

Currently running Sonic Advance 2.
Hi all guys!
Quicker Than a regular Comet!
Hello all! Names Tom, I've joined the community just a few minutes after I completed my first successful speedrun! I currently do Resident Evil 2, and will likely stick to that for quite a while!

Hope to get to know folks here! See ya's about!
Hey everyone,

My name is Brandon "Stokesbro" Stokes, and this is my first time coming on the forums. I found out about SDA through the live Charity events, SGDQ 2013, and I was hooked on watching speedruns. I have watched a good array of the more well known speedruns, as well as searched into speedruns on old consoles that sounded good. I should have joined SDA awhile ago, but glad to be here now. I have been speedrunning a few games I see are not on SDA's list already, and hope to get a few of those games on here! Looking forward to talking with this community more and find more games to run with you awesome people Tongue
Hello everyone!

My name is Imre, and I work as a marketing/pr/promotion/events guy/manager/devil at SOEDESCO(hence the handle). Thought it might be nice to introduce myself here, since we've just released a new game that might be cool for speedrunning. And since this is speedrunning central it only made sense to come here and 'plug' it.

For those curious about the game, check out the steampage for some information: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359350

Now just to make sure nobody gets the wrong idea, we won't be shilling/advertising the game here, just wanted to show it and see if anyone would be interested. Recently some intrepid gamers made the following post on our community hub:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/359350/discussions/0/451852225146552922/

We thought that it shows that there is some speedrunning potential in Defunct and to my understanding this is the place to be for speedrunning.

So in closing, very cool to be here and I hope we can enjoy each other's company!

P.S Best place to put in Speedrunning requests/bounties? I'd be more then happy to give out some keys and see what you guys think about the Speedrunning potential of Defunct.
Hello. Im a new (hoping to be) speedrunner, practicing alot of games that i love and enjoy. I've been a gamer for many years and am trying to take it to the next level
Fledgling Runner; Experienced Drunk
Well, I suppose this is where I should start. Hey there everyone! I'm Nathan but I go by dancenathandance for most of my online to-dos. I'm a student in Texas, going to a university just south of Austin, and I'm majoring in PR. I've been a lurker for quite some time now, having only learned of speedrunning as a community through events like SGDQ and AGDQ. From the moment I saw everyone so passionate about this, I figured I would finally throw my hat into the ring. Starting off, I hope to become at least an average speedrunner at two of my favorite games, Shovel Knight and Okami, hopefully branching out from there. I'd love to talk to some people from those communities and see the ins and outs of how they became so great at these games! Glad to be here, hope I can be of service/entertainment to the community as a whole! Smiley
Learning to speed run
Hey everyone I'm Big red I'm a new speed runner and still learning a lot about it all. At the moment I'm running SMB all stars versions my pb is 1:19:18 so still a while to go and Im also learning doom 1. I will one day love to run a sgdq or agdq but I live in Australia do would have to save a fair bit of money but anyway I'll will recorded my runs and upload them here or YouTube for every one to check out and also very interested in learning DKC as well but I think I need to master Mario first
Hey guys, I'm onefatcat. I started speedrunning in early 2014 after seeing a Banjo-Kazooie run by stivitybobo and getting into watching GDQ events. I've been speedrunning games by myself since then but I think I'm ready to start getting more serious about it now. I'm currently running Donkey Kong '94 and will be getting more into BK later once I have a working N64. Really looking forward getting into the community!
hey all, I am WesLeafon. i've first started speedrunning when halo 3 first came out. It was the first game i really started to speedrun because i could save videos without having a capture device. With the new consoles giving the ability to stream and record games i decided to get back into things.
I mainly run RPGs on my ps4, and am currently working an a DA:I glitchless. If my laptop can handle it i would love to try and record and run on it as well. While i have no way to record it, i also am trying bravely default, FE:A, and pokemon on my 3ds.