Sad
<- 1  -   of 130 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Gelly:
Hullo, I go by Gelly, itsmanofpopsicle, whatever moniker people choose to call me :P. I just got into speedrunning about two months ago and began a month ago with a game I've been playing half my life, Myst. Once I push the limits of how fast I can get that game to go, I'll probably end up spreading out to other games in the Myst series, other Cyan games, and then whatever seems fanciable, probably more point-and-click games. Nice to see you all!

I think you can actually beat the game in less than five minutes or something ridiculous like that.  But Myst is a great game!
12 stars circle your brow...
Hellote. My name is Brian Leavitt, and I only just joined SDA today. My interest in speedrunning only started after watching the most recent SGDQ, mostly inspired by the EssentiaFour/Puwexil coop Chrono Trigger run. In real life, I am active as a volunteer docent for the local zoo, which is awesome in itself, especially if it someday leads into a career. I also love music, and I tend to listen to a lot of really obscure black metal (which is actually a really diverse genre).

I'm hoping to speedrun classic Square RPGs as well as some of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games as I have been playing the most recent installment of that series a lot (though streaming 3ds could prove to be... a challenge, to say the least), so I'm probably just going to lurk or read or maybe post in the forums for a time to gain my bearings in the community and maybe familiarize myself with some strats before I really get going.
Quote from OneTrueBelmont:
Quote from Gelly:
Hullo, I go by Gelly, itsmanofpopsicle, whatever moniker people choose to call me :P. I just got into speedrunning about two months ago and began a month ago with a game I've been playing half my life, Myst. Once I push the limits of how fast I can get that game to go, I'll probably end up spreading out to other games in the Myst series, other Cyan games, and then whatever seems fanciable, probably more point-and-click games. Nice to see you all!

I think you can actually beat the game in less than five minutes or something ridiculous like that.  But Myst is a great game!

Oh, yeah, I guessed I omitted to mention that I was aiming to crush 100% runs, which take a little bit more memorization and savvy to complete, though not quite the accuracy an any% requires. Regardless, if I do get good enough at both, then I'd totally be down to beat both records! Tongue
Edit history:
Battlechoad: 2015-12-21 04:36:06 pm
Hello,
My name is Matt Wissig. I've been lurking on SDA for many years now, and have been addicted to speedrunning games ever since I saw the TAS mario 3 run from just over a decade ago. I have many hobbies, and interests so speedrunning isnt always in the forefront of my life. I suppose I am more of a casual runner. I spend a lot of time playing the drums, as well skateboarding and filming with my friends. I'm a bit overwhelmed by online communities like these, but i just want to get the feelers out and give it a shot. I just started a youtube channel that will be nothing but game runthroughs. I have one up so far. Its a glitched deathless speedrun of contra on the nes. Glitched as in my cartidge wasn't cooperating, and I just decided to keep playing.

Anyway, I hope this is a sufficient enough of an introduction. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people, and seeing what other cool runs, and videos I can discover. Thanks
Quote from Gelly:
Oh, yeah, I guessed I omitted to mention that I was aiming to crush 100% runs, which take a little bit more memorization and savvy to complete, though not quite the accuracy an any% requires. Regardless, if I do get good enough at both, then I'd totally be down to beat both records! Tongue

That is a worthy goal because Lord, the game sure falls under the "FIGURE IT OUT" school of progression.  A hint or two would be nice.  At least you get to listen to nice ambient nature sounds and music while you chart out this run.
I suppose I should probably say a word or two as well.  You can call me Belmont for short and I just joined, having only found out about Games Done Quick in the last few weeks.  I'd actually been watching speed runs for years but never realized the community behind it.  You can take a wild guess what I'd like to speedrun if I had the skill and the time, but I may do something else.  For now, it's nice to meet everyone and to learn all about speedrunning. Cheesy
Hey there, I'm Randomname364/Random/Yuki on some games. Ever since SGDQ 2015 I have been interested in Speedrunning and I decided I wanted to try it. I am currently trying to make Borderlands 2 work so I can start practicing. My favourite games are (J)RPG's Smiley
I like to draw things
Figured I should probably post something in here at some point...

So...hi and welcome to everyone before me! Tongue

I go by my username or just Sage in most places around the web...and I only discovered the wonderful world of speed running in last year when I was playing DAI and through youtube surfing, came across various Dragon Age speedruns by a few people whom you guys probably already know.

Now, I'm no speedrunner myself (I'm more into drawing game art and casual gaming) but there's just something about it that I find so fascinating to watch. I find it more interesting than movies or tv. Give me some good streams to watch and I'll be entertained for hours.

Caught SGDQ this year on stream/youtube and couldn't pass up the chance to start going to these events and seeing it first hand. Looking forward to meeting more people at AGDQ, on twitch and around the web and enjoying the world of speed running more and more. Smiley
Quote from Randomname364:
Hey there, I'm Randomname364/Random/Yuki on some games. Ever since SGDQ 2015 I have been interested in Speedrunning and I decided I wanted to try it. I am currently trying to make Borderlands 2 work so I can start practicing. My favourite games are (J)RPG's Smiley

JRPGs?  SOLID.  If I ever speedrun something, I might attempt a JRPG.
Edit history:
titoncio: 2015-12-27 12:54:58 pm
Hello everyone, i am Celso Tito Godoy, also known as Titoncio.
I'm game collector, i have 17 consoles and a lot of PC Games.
I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I love to do speedrun but ive never filmed, maybe SDA is a good place to do it, i also like to watch runs everyday :3

2D >>> 3D, sorry
Edit history:
teapartycthulu: 2017-12-21 12:18:23 am
teapartycthulu: 2015-12-31 11:14:03 pm
C'est la mort!
Hi. I'm teapartycthulu. (you can say tpc for short) I'm Texan, studying math and physics, play trombone and piano, and am fluent in Spanish.

I'll keep this short and sweet, but I enjoy doing things fast, including the playing of games. https://twitch.tv/teapartycthulu. Sometimes those games are really bad too.

Cheers, tpc~
Happy New Year! Hey everybody. After getting introduced to GDQ via YouTube last year (and looking forward to AGDQ this Sunday), I figured I'd pop my head in. I've enjoyed watching speedruns for a while now (both TAS and non). I've been on a Castlevania kick as of late (despite my ever-growing backlog of games I've yet to even touch), so I've found myself watching 'Vania runs, to the point where I've been messing around with CV1 on an emulator, practicing the damage boosts I see and (maybe) finding some tweaks that might help out the more-experienced runners out there.

I've had a controller in my hands for almost 30 years. I've thought about getting into Let's Plays for some time, though that will require more time and an upgraded PC on my part. Right now I'm just networking and enjoying our common hobby when I have the free time.
Hi everyone. I am Mushkiss; a born and raised Texan. I'm in college full time for a psychology degree. I love cupcakes, jelly beans, and puppies. My astrological sign is Cancer and I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...ribs.

I've been playing video games since I was in 3rd grade and that was on the Nintendo Entertainment System. In fact, Super Mario Bros. 3 was my first console game. I enjoy both console and PC gaming. I want to get into casual speedrunning of RPGs, then perhaps take it up a notch if I get better at it. I have always enjoyed a good RPG so just trying to find one I'd like to start learning first is the hard part!

Like many people interested or currently involved with speedrunning, I do have a streaming channel: twitch.tv/mushkiss. I hope to integrate speedrunning into my streams and would love to network with other RPG lovers who don't mind getting to know a casual speedrunner!

Best regards everyone,
-Mushkiss
Hello, I am iILuZioN. I... don't have much to introduce myself. I am a casual gamer, playing mostly starcraft, starcraft 2, and league of legends (though there isn't technically a speedrun for league huh), but I've watched some of the games and got me interested in some speedrunning games.

Happy new year everyone!
Hello everyone, I'm Slotthman, or at least that's the name I'm known with around the internet. I like to laugh with friends, play games, watch movies and basically all of the common stuff one would write in an introductory post.

The first time I played a videogame was probably when I was 8 or somethimg like that, but I didn't really play that much. A few years later I got more into casual gaming. But lately, whatever game I play, I don't have that much fun with it, so I decided I should try to play in a different way. Speedrunning might be just the thing.

Now, I know you need a lot of practice and time for that, which right now I don't have, because of university, but in the time for gaming that I do have, why not try and learn?
Edit history:
Blackman40: 2016-01-05 02:01:44 am
Hello my friends gave me the nickname blackman and I like the number 40 so boom my online identity was born. I have been watching a lot of the speed runs and was actually thinking of doing one myself just deciding on what game. I have always been going as fast as I can through games just never really thought of it as something like speed running but hopefully I can find a game I am consistent at and add myself to the many gamers out there that have mastered this craft. A little about me before I go is that I played basketball for 4 years and have been gaming since I was young I actually started by playing gta then moved to mario then well I fell in love with games and never stopped playing all I could. I hope to use speed running as another way for me to game and cant wait to be apart of this community
The best way out is always through!
Hi everyone!

My name's Rizu. I'm currently attending graduate school for polymer science, and I aim to get my PhD in the next three years or so. I'm also an avid knitter, and I've also started rendering scenes from video games out of perler beads and acrylics. I've been playing video games since I was a kid, but only casually, despite my recklessness in trying to fly through platformers. I was introduced to speedruns by a friend a couple of years ago, and now I actually want to try running something myself. I might not have much time to do so with how much time my degree entails, but it looks like it might be fun.

I look forward to chatting with you all and becoming part of this fantastic community!
Hello. I'm Aondeug, a linguistics major. I've been playing through Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness repeatedly for years, and SGDQ 2014 made me want to try at speedrunning on a more "official" note. Only got started after SGDQ 2015 though. I've been casually running Legacy of Darkness as Cornell, and I've finally decided to make an account here and get into the community a bit. Looking to keep running my favorite worst Castlevanias and I'm interested in running Undertale at some point as well. The menuing of true pacifist calls to me.

Pleased to meet you all.
Stuff and Thangs
Yo! My name is Tabyo13 (I sometimes use the alias "CursedKeyblade") I just joined. I got into speedrunning last month, but have yet to actually begin a speedrun. I plan to start speedrunning jak and daxter, but I'm not really sure where to start or where to look for strats. So I just registered. I like video games (obviously) and anime. My favorites are kingdom Hearts, Jak series, Sly Cooper series, Shadow of the colossus, Dark souls, pretty much anything. I grew up on the PS2 ( a good era, that was!) and have been in love with video games ever since I was a kid. I am also very passionate about art and I hope to aspire to do great things one day. Tongue
Hey all Lockdown here, real name Lachlan. I stumbled onto agdq/sgdq videos a few months ago and was intrigued by the concept of speedrunning. I have no experience with it but want to get into it. I have no idea where to start however and hope I can find out here.

I mainly play PC games these days but I own a N64, Wii, Xbox 360 and recently aquired a PS4
Hey! My name is Rasmus, but i go by the name en0chian23 in games and stuff. I am 27 years old and from Sweden. I've was introduced to the speedrunning communtiy last year when I saw AGDQ for the first time. I was hooked instantly. Been lurking forums and youtubes for a while now, so its time for me to join this awesome community. I mainly looking to start doing speedruns on my old Sega Mega Drive. But I really have no clue where to start, so this forum feels like a good start. Sorry for some bad English too, hehe. The game I'm intrested in to start with is Pochahontas for SMG, if its even possible. I'm lookinf forward to start doing runs.
Howard Strern
hey! my name is Pat, known on other games as Our Father.. (dont ask) but ive been competing in games like halo and starcraft and tried  a few others but failed... right now i play a lot of KZ on counterstrike which resembles speedrunning A LOT! for those who dont know its all about perfecting your movement and finding jump skips and mastering all that while going for WR times... but anyway i was wondering 1. are there any good free PC games that have a speedrunning community so i didnt have to invest to much before trying it or 2. i only have PC at the moment so if some1 has a good recommendation for a game to start out on please let me know Smiley ill look around myself too but would luv a recommendation..

ps. only game i ever was good at speedrunning was the old mega man game for the handheld sega game gear lol who remembers that 1??? i dont think its a thing anymore tho i looked around a lot
New to speed running, but have always enjoyed watching the AGDQ and SGDQ runs on Twitch, I'm a 28 year old gamer and I enjoy games like Fallout and lately which has been taking all of my time, Minecraft. Since watching SGDQ last year I've been building a maze on a Skyblock server and since starting it's grown to about 10 levels long. Although I always enjoy watching speed gamers go fast, my style of play has always been to 100% completion. I can't stand leaving behind gear in an area in Fallout or leaving quests unfinished in my list.
Hi I'm Nathan known as Neanderthal. I'm a life long gamer but new to speed running after watching tons of videos I've been casually speed running now for a month or so.

I figured I'd make an account to help me improve. Currently running Resident Evil 1 and 2.
Heyo. I've been really interested in speedrunning for a while now, but never had the guts to do anything myself. I still need to decide what I'll start running, but I'm considering some of the games in the Ys seriess.