FELip [CLAN LEADER]
igor
quadrazid
Zhouy
rayv3x

1 segment per map
Capped bunnyjump

(CB being an acronym for Change-Bug)

Overall we're very satisfied with the result (apart from dy_accident1). This is a project that we started with in April and got it completed in October. We haven't been working on it actively all the time though, we really started to get up the pace and get motivated when we discovered a new trick in September.

If you're interested in knowing more about the tricks and hearing our wonderful voices as we progress through Decay I really recommend to download the commentary. Really.
(Pardon me for my lack of a wider vocabulary by saying "basically" 999999 times)

Thanks to Zhouy & Rayv3x for letting us use their demo at dy_uplink. And you, FELip, our [CLAN LEADER], without you it wouldn't have been possible to finish this. Thanks :') Edit: Oh shit, I forgot to thank ReCover for letting us use his uploading service for the commentary (I tried uploading the speedrun at first but I couldn't get it to work, probably due to my computer being a wreck)

//Some notes by quadrazid

The most time saving script we're using in this run is a trick that we like to call the "change-bug". The purpose of the script is to get far up to the sky without the use of grenadeboosts or normalboosts. The Decay engine works so that whenever a person switches to the other player (as you can do in Decay), you maintain your speed that you had when you switched. So yeah, changing a player does not affect your movement.

For example; if you do a grenade boost and switch players just after the grenade explodes the player that the grenadebooster switches into gets the boost. By knowing this we figured out that if a player jumps and then switches to the other player just as he jumps, he's going to be in the air. By testing this even further we developed a script that made it possible for one player to freely gain as much height as they want to while the other player has to stand still.

What the script basically does is that it changes into the other player, makes a jump with that player and then changes back. A very time and health saving way to surpass many obstacles that before were completely impossible or only manageable with a grenadeboost.

Change-bug Demonstration

The script. (paste it into userconfig.cfg) Keep in mind that this script is lag sensitive. When we played the person who didn't host the server wasn't able to get it work correctly with around 50-60 ping. Less is needed for it to work. So therefore it only works for the host hosting the game or maybe if you're playing through LAN.

Change-bug script
Code:
//Gg-game
alias w wait
alias "c" "changeplayer"
alias "j" "+jump;w;-jump"
alias "rofl" "c;j;c"
bind q rofl

A script that works with lag but is less effective:

Code:
//Lol-loud
alias "ww" "w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;W;w;w"
alias "pilly" "ww;c;w;j;c"
alias "woddie" "j;pilly;pilly"
bind "f" "woddie"

Our bunnyjump script: (loopscript)

Code:
bind "space" "+3"
alias +3 "alias _special 4;4"
alias -3 "alias _special;-jump"
alias 4 "5;wait;special"
alias 5 "7"
alias 7 "+jump;alias 5 8"
alias 8 "-jump;alias 5 7"

Hope you guys enjoy it! We had a lot of fun doing it Smiley
Thread title:  
Don't rock the boat.
Bloody awesome job guys
Thanks man Smiley We appreciate all kinds of response we get.

Excuse me ReCover for not crediting you in the original post, edited now Smiley
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2009-10-25 01:46:15 pm
Svart Lyser Tronen
We have put alot of work into this so please comment if you've watched the run  Smiley

For those of you who didn't like the Change-Bug, we've uploaded runs wich were made before we explored the trick to Youtube.

Resonance without CB:

Crossfire witout CB:
unemployed Dragon
love the bloopers at the end xD
This run is so nice, I also like how you are annoying each other and play around. This is what I like in Coop games, you can make so much stupid funstuff and sometimes with very weird results Cheesy
Very nice and smooth run, really liked the commentary aswell Smiley
XXY
Downloading this sexy beast right now.
I know you would not been able to do this with out me, so you are welcome  Grin
But seriously you have done a amazing speedrun nice work.
Ad infinitum
Awesome coop-run, an entertaining and interesting commentary and nice video-design. Good stuff Smiley
Okay. I have uploaded the run to my server now via ftp.

HQ: http://stefansundin.com/speedruns/HL_decay_ddq_2628_HQ.mp4
MQ: http://stefansundin.com/speedruns/HL_decay_ddq_2628_MQ.mp4

The problem you encountered when uploading the run was that the server terminated the connection since it took so long to upload. No one has ever tried to upload so big files using my upload script before, so I had never encountered this problem before. Hopefully I will be able to fix that bug later today. Smiley

Now to get back on topic. Smiley
Well done with the run! I especially liked all the new things you could do because you are running as two players, like shooting each other in the back, etc.
I'm a Half-Life runner ;)
As others already said, the outcame of this became awesome! Good job!
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from FElip:
I know you would not been able to do this with out me, so you are welcome  Grin
But seriously you have done a amazing speedrun nice work.

Wink

Quote from ReCover:

Thanks a bunch Recover!
And to all the others!  Smiley
Good to finally see a Decay run here.

Quote from coolkid:
1 segment per map

I watched the run and to me it looked like you start every level with full health and new weapons, so isn't it IL rather than OSPL?

That change bug BTW is just awesome! It's even cooler than flying in Half-Life 2!

PS: Nice accent in the AC. Bunny-yump? Grin
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from djcj:
Good to finally see a Decay run here.

Quote from coolkid:
1 segment per map

I watched the run and to me it looked like you start every level with full health and new weapons, so isn't it IL rather than OSPL?

That change bug BTW is just awesome! It's even cooler than flying in Half-Life 2!

PS: Nice accent in the AC. Bunny-yump? Grin

Yes I'll guess you're right. We didn't play the maps in any particular order. And even if you do, you'll start ever map from scratch (100hp full ammo ect.) So yeah. I'll guess it's IL.

"Bunny-yump" lol, It's swenglish  Grin
Never played the game, but I enjoyed therun. The change bug was pretty cool.
I think bearnaisesås is sauce béarnaise or something in english Smiley
Visit my profile to see my runs!
I can't wait to watch this.  I was one of the four people working on a console version.  It fell apart after we finished a 'rough draft' run, but now I'll get to see just how primitive the whole project was anyway when compared to the work of pros (and who, more importantly, had the added benefit of performing the run on PC).
XXY
Gotta reply to this before I forget! Watched this a few days ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so neat watching two Half-Life players speedrunning at the same time. The little things like shooting one another in the back with the pistol to gain speed, and opening doors for the second player... Very smooth. I loved the change bug too. Caught me completely off guard when I first saw it happen, had to rewind that a couple times. Overall a very solid run, and I'm impressed at how smooth and optimized it was, considering there were two players at one time. Brilliant show, gents.
Cool speedrun.
Svart Lyser Tronen
Thanks a bunch folks!

Now we need verifiers to get this run up on SDA
http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php/topic,1285.0.html

I've also uploaded a video trying to demonstrate the Change-Bug:
Wait, it got into the verification list? Shocked
As a freeware game or what?
Cause I thought the PC version was considered a hack or mod.
hi
Quote from djcj:

it was, when me and zhouy asked about it a year ago. Apparently SDA changed their minds
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from djcj:

Yes, I think they'll put the PC version under the Freeware category.
And I think "freeware" is pretty new? We did'nt even know that this run were submittable while running it.

And rayvex, don't feel bad. If this run goes up on SDA list, you can improve IL wise? if you're capable Wink