Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Your airfield run is absolutely nuts though.. thats probably one that you will keep Wink
Yeah I'm really proud of that airfield run. It's definitely my best time in this game. But I'm looking forward to seeing your name all over the completed IL page on speedrun.com.
My personal best for a full-game 007 Classic run was a 3:10 on emulator. It's not on the leaderboard since emulator saves so much time over console runs, but I think it would be something like a 3:15 if it were played on console. I've been considering getting back into 007 Classic attempts sometime this summer, but I would want to practice each level and get a really solid time. My 3:10 has 30 minutes of time save across a few different levels lol.
Metal + Speed = Life
Wow thats awesome to hear.. i would definately be very interested to see you do full game Classic runs. With the high amount of things that can go wrong i think anything around 2:30-2:40 would be a really good time
I was derusting Goldeneye about a week ago and it was really fun. I'm not sure if or when I'll start doing attempts again, but later this summer would be the perfect time to do it. I just have to get the motivation to start streaming again.
When I was playing the earlier levels like Dam and Facility, I was thinking "man, this game is easy." But then I got to Archives and pretty much gave up haha. I swear everything past that point is impossible without wasting a lot of time.
Metal + Speed = Life
Lol yeah thats about right.. bunker isnt too bad if everything goes well.. but so many things can go wrong.. archives and station are very hard on classic.. solar and jungle are super troll levels at least for my experience
I typically play my games on a CRT and use a standard definition capture card to capture the composite signal, but my CRT has been messing up lately. The picture is really dark and often flickers. On top of that, composite video signals degrade over cable length because it's an analog signal. I have to an A/V splitter to capture my gameplay, which also reduces the quality. The capture card also has some flickering due to the A/V cable I was using. I got so fed up with this that I decided to get rid of that TV, get rid of the cables, and switch to a different capture card. Right now, i'm using an HD TV that I found in my house with wii component cables I bought a few years ago. I'm also using the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable, which has a component input. It has a few problems, but it's amazing how much of a difference a better setup can make. I can actually see stuff in Bunker. Also, my CRT apparently didn't support progressive scan because now I'm being given the option to use progressive scan in a few games I've tested. So the image looks even better than before.

The Avermedia LGP has this weird problem where the audio and video slowly drift out of sync over time, but turning the capture card on and off quickly will fix it. I don't know when I'm gonna start streaming again but I hope to do a quick test stream later this week. By the way, the game feed quality should also be better since it's from a component signal. I can also play in widescreen now.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-05-28 09:30:13 pm
FitterSpace: 2018-05-28 09:16:27 pm
Now that I can actually play games without getting a headache, I've been working on Tank 007 Classic. It's super hard but I think I've got some really cool strats to prevent dying. I was able to get a 6:51 with 3 deaths, but I'm pretty sure I can get a 5-minute run if I get through the whole thing without dying. I've also got to work on my lines. I think sub 5 should be possible, but it would have to be really good with the strats I'm using. Unfortunately I have to slow down a little bit to kill some enemies, but I just can't find a way around it otherwise.

edit: see post below
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-05-28 09:30:42 pm

I wasn't recording, but this is my first completed deathless run. I plan to stream later this week so I'll try to beat this (and get a video) later.
Metal + Speed = Life
Dude.. you have no idea how happy I am to see you playing this again!! I think thats a really solid time too!
Pretty sure ive asked you this before but do you think theres a difference between 007 and 007 classic on Tank? It really seems as though everything is identical..
I didnt end up working on anything else yet because the Wii console im using now only had half the levels beaten on Classic. Im actually at Tank right now so since i need to beat them anyways i will probably try to get a good time on it
I don’t know for sure but I assume Tank is the same on 007 and Classic. Once I get a good time on Classic, I’ll try to get the same time on 007. I know for sure that I can beat that time because it was only my first deathless completion.
Metal + Speed = Life
I think its probably the hardest level to not die on while going fast.. good thing its short lol. Archives and Solar are probably the next hardest imo.. what do you think are the least forgiving stages?
Wow, I just started doing offline attempts and got a 4:28 Tank 007 Classic on my first try. I've got it recorded, too! There was one part of it that was really really bad so I'm sure I can get under 4:20. Dude I'm excited. I'll edit this post if I get any better times.

I think the most unforgiving level is probably Archives or Solar. Those levels are long and have lots of enemies. There's also no option for stealth on Archives, so you pretty much have to run through everything while killing as many enemies as you can without losing time. I was practicing Archives 007 Classic and got a time around 16 minutes with a death. But I can actually feel the improvement after playing for a few hours. I think I'm really starting to get good at this game now.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2018-05-29 09:59:10 am
FitterSpace: 2018-05-29 09:36:13 am
FitterSpace: 2018-05-29 09:24:32 am

edit: I've completed this level several times in a row. I think I've really got a good strategy here. I'll upload the 4:10 while I'm playing some more so you can see what I'm doing.
Metal + Speed = Life
"Starting to get good at this game" haha holy shit man.. hats off to you. Your an absolute beast at this level.. im really not good at it and dont like it so much but that is one crazy sick run. Id love to see you try out some Operative levels.. see how you measure up to my times.. i can honestly say 007 Classic is really your bread and butter
Metal + Speed = Life
By the way I was just wondering why don't you run the time trial of tank? Its on Classic and this way at least you have a timer to compare against
I thought the Time Trial was on 007? I'll check it next time I do attempts. The in-game timer would really help me see where I'm saving and losing time between attempts.
I want to keep doing 007 Classic levels until I think I'm consistent enough to finish full-game runs without dying too much. I plan to move on to Operative IL's and full-game runs when I feel like I've done enough on 007 Classic. I'm not sure how long that will take but I want to get at least a good time on each 007 Classic level. My Airfield 3:45 and this run is the start of that. Although there are some levels like Facility that I'm not sure I can beat your time on. I cannot do that stall jump for the life of me. It'll take some practice for sure.

When I'm done with Tank 007 Classic, I'll probably do Tank on 007 since it's so similar. I'll move on to Dam 007 Classic and work my way up until I'm consistent enough to do full-game runs.
Metal + Speed = Life
Awesome.. im curious to see what kind of times you will get.. when i worked on dam classic, i was able to get good paces to the end 3-4 seconds ahead of you.. but i never got consistent at the floor clip and it killed all my runs.. but theres a few seconds to save for sure.. My facility is really beast, thats for sure, and from what i remember, my nightclub is also very well done. I think my Carrier time trial is easily my best run overall.
Theres a few seconds to save on nightclub and carrier, nightclub actually isnt that bad to run using the route i worked out, its just annoying grinding out garcia spawns. Maybe you can imrpove/work out a better route through for either, but i feel as though ive mastered Carrier.. i worked on that level for weeks everyday lol
Metal + Speed = Life
Your right Tank TT is on 007
Dang, I didn’t realize there was that much time to save on Dam. I could also save time by doing checkpoint reloads in certain places. I know for sure that reloading the checkpoint after unlocking the door will put you ahead of it. I’ll have to look into that for other levels later on.
Metal + Speed = Life
I looked through my old pbs from 2 years ago and for the TT of dam on 007.. I had gotten a 9:15 and a 9:13 shortly after.. i think the floor clip saves 10 seconds or so? I didnt know about it back then so I figure 9:03-9:04 is doable on 007 and on Classic, only a few seconds to save on your 9:06.. so your PB is actuslly really really good
Thanks! I think it's good too but it's certainly improvable.
I know you were there for the stream but I'm gonna post the link here anyway: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267442448?t= Tank 007 Classic in 4:05
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2018-05-30 06:39:18 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Man the run is so smooth.. grats again man
Thanks! I think I'm going to do Tank 007 tomorrow, with a little bit of Archives Classic depending on how it goes that day. I watched my full-game 007 Classic run today and I realized how bad it is. Some of the earlier levels are decent, but I think I could easily save 30 minutes off that run once I get good at each level. I'm looking forward to it.

This is an old video I made almost exactly 2 years ago. What do you think of this route for Station on 007 Classic? I don't like the detour for the body armor but this level is so hard that I don't know if I can do it without it. I'm gonna practice this level later and try to optimize my health so I don't have to do that.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah ill watch it when i get home..the console im running on is up to station on Classic so probably after checking your video ill go work on it and see what i can do.. and ill definately tune into your stream 😃