Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Worked my way down from the 11:13 I had before, next best time I can find anywhere is 11:22 on YouTube. Sub 10 is possible but this 10:05 was a dream run. Can't really compare to your run as it's on Operative, the TT requires a recording, and destroying all the servers too. Gonna keep at it a bit, must've put a good 25 hours into this one already, the 1:30 minute intro cutscene is a little annoying hehe

Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-04-28 06:32:44 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Broke sub 10 with an amazing 9:55!!! I won't put up a picture just yet, I will get it even lower soon.

Started from scratch testing all sorts of things for each place I still slow down ( there really isn't much to cut down time on at this point ).
Discovered a few neat tricks, I'll be aiming for 9:45-9:47 before I move onto Tank most likely. Sounds like not fun  ^_^
30 hours so far, longest I've worked on a level so far..
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
...The developers will cry at how short their game is once you're done with it Kappa. Good job though!

I know, I meant doing an IL run on Operative to compare to my Reloaded (and hopefully soon, Wii) IL.

I believe Aleckermit thinks 4:08 is maxed, but try all you want to improve it.

I've noticed I keep saying I'll get around to playing this more, and then never do. I'll get around to it, I swear Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
Guess I'll just keep outdoing myself haha... The ultimate archives run, absolutely everything ( to my knowledge ) was perfect. All new time saves I implemented were a success. Going to take a TT break and look at what I can do for Operative times, I watched your facility and I realized some levels have actual differences.. There is a railing you vault over that can't be vaulted over on Wii, and there are differences on archives too.

I got a 8:57 archives operative so far, pretty good but I lost a couple seconds.. Kind of cool how many little details I notice between the 2 games the more I look at levels comparison.. Makes me wish I had Reloaded myself lol

Nice!

Yeah, I've been comparing the two games for a while now. Some of the changes are very interesting, but also strange. Reloaded actually loses about 7 seconds to the library breach (which doesn't happen on the Wii version) but that's a solid time on Wii.

And if you do ever check out Archives on Reloaded... Look out of the library windows Tongue
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-05-04 04:41:30 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Working on some Operative ILs has actually been a nice change of pace for me, while it's harder to gain 1-2 seconds on Op. compared to higher difficulties... I make it to the end of levels alot more, and well Operative is just easier lol.

Not finished with these times yet but in the past couple days I've focused on these three...

Bunker Operative: 9:03
Facility Operative: 7:58
Station Operative: 4:32

I've completed at least 7-8 Station runs that were 4:32, kind of neat since my TT of the level on agent is a 4:32.. Dont think that will be beat soon haha
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-04 12:32:32 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-03 08:58:09 am
Sounds good. I look forward to attempting Facility and Bunker... Maybe not so much Station Tongue

My Reloaded run is 7 seconds faster than your Wii run... And the Reloaded version is slightly slower because one of the doors in the level opens instantly on the Wii version, and also the QTE happens instantly, where there is a small delay on Reloaded. Therefore I assume 7:4x would be an insane near-maxed time.
Okay, so my friend from other 007 games it currently TASing Facility on 00 Classic, and I've asked him to test a few things for me:

Optimal movement
Is it faster to spam sprint or wait for it to recover?
A few area specific routes

As of original post, all I've had back is that optimal movement is to be moving forward and use the right stick to adjust your direction. If you're moving after taking a photo, it's faster to strafe as you turn back to wherever you need to go next. This means I need to re-do the 2nd segment of Facility in my Reloaded IL because I did lots of strafing... Maybe 7:4x would actually be possible
Metal + Speed = Life
Just a quick update of those 3 level times, and I started work on Archives Operative as well..

Bunker: 9:03
Facility: 7:53
Station: 4:29
Archives: 8:24
Bunker: Not bad, haven't tried any ILs of it because it sucks
Facility: Good time, just about ties my Reloaded run (if you take out the railing vault). I'll be improving that soon though
Station: Nice job, I probably won't do it much though
Archives: WHA-!!??
So my friend finished his Facility 00 Classic TAS and is looking to maybe do a full-game 00 Classic after doing some Wii and Reloaded ILs. You might recognise the name, actually Wink

Metal + Speed = Life
Got a 8:57 bunker operative run last night, still a couple seconds to be saved, routing this one is a nightmare lol...

The tas is awesome, the best thing about it is the time, 8:42...
The TT of facility is on 007 and all the same objectives need to be completed, so my 8:51 is an incredible time confirmed, my run is nearly identical to his.

When you drop in the bathroom stall at the beginning, about 1 out of 15 attempts I'm able to drop from ceiling and get over the stall door. You don't have to open it and you can sprint right away. I'm not sure how it works or what angle to run at, but I'm surprised he didnt get that with tas.. If he could  look into that for me I would appreciate it
Sure thing. To be fair, I was telling him the strats I knew so that one's on me. There are a few time saves to be had, like going through the glass after the automatic door as the lockdown starts rather than going around it and starting the cutscene where Alec opens the door to the pump room and *then* killing the guard. He has a new pump room strat (idk if that's what you do or not) and it's also faster to sprint repeatedly than wait for it to recover (unless you have to stop for something).

Overall it's a pretty solid run. I'll see if I can get him to look into that. Congrats on 8:57 too.
Metal + Speed = Life
Bunker operative down to 8:45!!!
Archives operative down to 8:17!!!

More than likely done with those 2 for now.
Congrats on Bunker. I'm having trouble getting :17 Kappa

Please tell me how the fuck you saved 30 seconds compared to me in Archives. That's insane.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-05-07 09:07:22 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
I'm not sure what I do differently than you, but from the 8:57 to 8:17 the only real changes I made were to slow down less and shoot less.

From beginning of level up to when you have to wait 2 minutes for elevator, I shoot\kill 3-4 guards depending on their positions, and I reload once only. ( That includes the library section ). I don't stop for anything else. I use the camera to open the door at the end section of library as soon as I get to it.. ( Which leaves me about 5 seconds to survive 2 guards 5 feet away while door unlocks ). It's really kamikaze, I'm not sure how I got so low, I actually had been playing for about 4 hours when I got this one so I was pretty much on autopilot... Resetting attempts at the slightest mistake.

I really want to improve my facility 7:53, but 90% of my completions are 7:54-7:55.. I know 7:53 isn't maxed, but I'm starting to think the Wii version might not be able to go much lower.. Maybe 7:50 at absolute best, or unless I figure out a new trick.
Are you trying Fitterspace's new pump room strats? 7:50 should be possible on Reloaded and I don't see why it wouldn't be on Wii

I'll have to try that on Archives then. I stop to survive the library section to heal once, since I usually die in the next section (the upper section).
Metal + Speed = Life
This one is worth posting at least, with fitterspaces pump strat.. I'm going to go for 7:47, at least give it a good amount of attempts.

Congrats. 7:46 Reloaded goal then Kappa
Metal + Speed = Life
Worked on Nightclub Operative today.. Found a video by phazonelite7 with a very respectable time of 6:40, just tied it about 30 minutes ago, don't think anything over a second can come off this time, going to aim for 6:39 at least.
I wanted to do Nightclub but it's a long haul until you reach Garcia, and when you finally get a good Garcia spawn? 2 minute cutscene. And then you have to not fuck up anything else :/

But yeah, would attempt that soon.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah the low amount of attempts I can get going really is annoying, but the run itself is real nice and simple at least. I've completed 10-12 runs of 6:40 so far, I think Phazon believed this one to be maxed, but I'm still pretty confident I can squeeze a second off of it.
Are you doing anything different to his strats?
Metal + Speed = Life
Haven't found any time savers that differ from his, but I got a 6:39 earlier, it didn't feel flawless so the hunt for 6:38 begins....
Congrats. I don't think there are many differences between Reloaded and Wii on this one, so I think it's fairly even.

Even so, once I take a (short) break from Reloaded Segmented, I'll be back at the Wii version for some more IL grinding.