--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Freddeh: 2014-04-22 06:11:11 pm
Freddeh: 2014-04-22 06:04:50 pm
Time to revive this thread.

Emanon did a few months of grinding out FFXII apparently and last month he posted a full run on Nico with a time of 6:29:00 (roughly 6:19:05 with our timing): http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/42147096

Here's my very unorganized notes while watching the run, along with more organized thoughts on what we could use:

Notes from Emanons run:

Does 8 dustias rd 1 (Sells Pens EQ)
Gets a couple chests in Waterway
Gets a bunch of chests in Palace
BM1 for Vaan after Palace, Balth leader basically steals from everything
Steals from and kills Bats and Frogs after palace (chest in nook)
Steals from Guards, Gets chests in flan room
Barefist Balthier for Firemane (maybe usable?)
Tourmaline chest after prison, chest on right in prison, chest in corner
DERP MOMENT: Cast cure with vaan when getting the fuse
Magic cap at burrough, steals and kills everything in first zone of barheim
steal+kill first mimic in next room, chest there, chest halfway down corridor (after 2nd split)
steal+kill flans, mimics, a couple more chests, etc
All this for ~48 phoenix's overall, however, his mimic queen was about 8 minutes faster (however I can probably get my time down to like 4 minutes behind with good luck)
different spot for dustia...faster load time? 45 dustias (so 1 less than our route, but all the random kills prob make up for it and put xp at roughly the same)
Bar probably faster for vaan clamoring?
Chest in SW corner (has gil most of the time, useful backup strat for money, faster than clan)
Takes Vossler down low to make him use balance for judges (maybe worth while still having dark strats), takes chests in freight room, kills guards
Uses spellbreaker for ghis/garuda/etc, Reflects before garuda
Gets traveler(!) after Vossler, Chest next to Henne, randomly a golden ammy
Basch steal gambit for jellies (!)
Uses immobilize trick in stillshrine? FOR THE FIRST PART OMG WURF, AND AXE
Lightning may be able to 2 round midboss, wastes less menu time if so. Also use Vaan to run the rest of stillshrine maybe? SAVING REDECOY TIME!
Uses Traveler on Bergen, Traveler on first wolf in Phon Coast for Mandys
Traveler on Mandys, sets up cid Traveler in first room of run after Mandys with balthier
Next level cid strats: reflect kill first orb, then traveler + bio cast on rest, then BLOCKS
Uses basch to confuse tyrant and immob Shemhazai, and basically everything at the end...no idea how Basch gets so much LP, maybe he got a golden ammy from the chest outside of Henne?
Firaga for orbs instead of death, instead of confusing Panda, he just straight up kills it with Aeroga O.o
I have no idea how he gets away with Hashmal not attacking at all...
Berserk on Reddas for Cid...duh. He doesn't get bubble...somehow. Cid fight is hella close.
Lol, uses reflectga mote from leviathan for gabranth...kills penelo to avoid final attack cutscene, slick

General Notes:
Nuts nuts nuts. Basically 10 minute difference from our timing to his timing.
Possibly Usable things without fully reworking the route:
Trying 8 dustias first round, with 46 second round, Upside: gives vaan fire early to kill guards, flans, frogs, downside: Possibly more likely to not get enough money from dustia (ESPECIALLY with Traveler)
Probably going to try steal+killing a couple toads to avoid having to kill first mimic (and for safer money)-Traveler on Balth for Tiamat, on Basch for Mandys and Cid1, trying to do jellies
without cura (saves lp AND gil...depending on how many phoenix's it requires)
Try for Golden Ammy from chest outside Henne, chocobo nearby to recoup time
immobilize Balthier when setting up for Stillshrine for some saved running time (switch+axe)
More Stillshrine changes: Thundara for mini-boss (needs testing for 2 round kill), then run with Vaan to Mateus (pick up HA4 instead of swift+gambit), saves a ton of time re-buffing and menuing
Berserk Reddas for Cid1

Couple other general semi-big things that I forgot to mention:
His item buys are very different in many cases: He gets ruby rings and Gaia Hats for A+P, a LA hat for Basch (no Officer hat or i believe diamond armor), among many other things, that would require complete reworks like how he does things.
He doesn't use infuse at all, instead using the extra hp from aforementioned gaia hats and thundara to put A+P into critical (fun trick there too, if one dies, you can PD them then equip gaia hat to put into critical)
Quite a chunk of time is saved because of Japanese language and being able to turbo through text and skip...and his menuing is insane. I think I could get at least sub-7 hours with the current route (especially if I'm able to implement Traveler)

I'm going to give this some thought, and a watch once I get a chance.  Traveler was already on my mind, but I hadn't messed with it nearly enough.

As for Hashmal though, there's a JP only AI loop (with Haste iirc), so unfortunately that's out.
Yeah I tried to get Traveler to work earlier too, but I forgot to check where else would be a good moment to get it...using it on Tiamat is something that I completely missed, but can save quite a bit of time near the end of the fight.

I'm going to test and see if i can finagle the no-firaga belias fight as well by not getting MA2+3 on Ashe and getting her spellbreaker instead.

Another derp moment is that we really don't need to get the self gambit...having them target themselves is quite literally the same thing, since you can't copy-paste gambits anyway.
After a bit of testing and trial and error, I was able to implement quite a few things from his run:

- Traveler makes things a bit tight money-wise depending on Dustia luck, however I skip Cura, and Ashe's Wizard Hat+Wizard Robes. Leaving both of these out lets me accomplish a couple other things: First, Ashe can get Spellbreaker after Garuda (or Demon Wall if LP went poorly) now, which lets a firaja-less kill of Belias possible (and I did it first try, saves probably a minute on the fight alone since you only have to do one weapon swap and no Firaja animation, as well as only 3 casts total). Second, Basch can use Travler if he doesn't have to get Cura. I tested the Wizard-less Ashe and everything is still killable in the same amount of rounds I was killing it before, even Bergen had 2 blocks and still died.
- I have a bonus strat available now dependent on RNG: If I get a Golden Ammy from the chests outside of Henne, I can get Basch licenses for both Cura AND Traveler to make jellies not be so bad, for at least round 2 (both if money is good).
- Quite a few spots its faster/better to just thundara A+P instead of infusing, not set up to do it consistently though.
- Stillshrine is pretty speedy now compared to my old floundering around...have to be a little tricky by just suiciding balthier into mateus so decoy doesn't drop, but its not a huge problem otherwise, especially since Ashe can get spellbound at the same time as Pen now.
- Did I mention I love Traveler? The last 20% of tiamat is faster now (as long as he doesn't whack balthier), Cid1 is much more methodic now (assuming you actually kill the first drone, which is semi-luck based) and LOADS faster, Mandys are hilarious now. Having to pay attention to step count is a little annoying, but you just make sure you bring balthier out to die and reset the counter where you want, and everything falls into place.
Watched all this while it was being tested and the Traveler strats make a whole lot more sense to use, and doesn't take too much setting up, but like Freddeh said, since you have to be within 9 steps for it to be effective, you really do have to pay close attention to the step counter. Can't wait to implement the new strats and well as some of my own as I'm learning XII. Great stuff Freddeh.
And I'm planning on getting back to this after C4L.  Hopefully we can have some good competition then. Smiley
Edit history:
Freddeh: 2014-04-25 04:52:08 am
Good to hear AlecK and thank you sk8! Smiley

The main thing that I want to do right now is look for quick and easy sources of money from around dustia to jellies, right now the chests outside of henne help, but they only have ~50% spawn chance and can contain a potion as well, so those are hard to rely on. Any thoughts at a good chance to try to steal?

There are random chests in Barheim, but those aren't really worth imo if i keep the skeleton strat. I can't recall any chests in Estersand on the way back, and they probably won't be worth it anyway. Leviathan has a chest but its too far out of the way. Sandseas technically can spawn quite a bit of EQ for money, but the majority of it is out of the way. Garuda and Belias are out of the question.

Demon wall i could have vaan steal instead of cast, he doesn't die with a full round from all 3 anyway, so might as well have vaan do something, his steal is kinda meh though, gold needle common, solid stone (350gil) uncommon, Quality Stone (1425gil) rare. Potentially useful but probably not especially, but hey, its a free gold needle at worst basically.

Could get a hi-potion/black belt from Vossler as well, but probably not worth the time spent menuing to it since I don't have active ATB on for that fight. Chocobo to Jahara means nothing there, Already mentioned the 2 chests outside of Henne, and chocobo otherwise. Henne run is too dangerous to stop for chests. Tiamat is possible and can have some decent drops, but would have to have Vaan do it between berserk casts (or bring out balthier a bit early before he uses Traveler, but thats a bit more dangerous), not to mention Tiamat is too late really anyway.
I suppose there's always the Alraunes you run past in the early part of the Ogir-Yensa.  I think the cockatrice type enemies in the Nam-Yensa also have a decent steal, but I'd have to double check that.
Wonder if you can kill them with one round of reflected dark from A+P...i'd imagine so. Also since I've changed my timing on when I cast reflect I can just run with vaan/ashe/pen anyway, so one of them dying isn't a huge deal either. I'll try it next time I'm short on gil.
Sandseas: Alraunes have succulent fruits as their common drop and steal, plus maces as rare.  Axbeaks require poach or their monograph to get rainbow eggs, and it's still a low chance.

Raithwall's Tomb: Ragoh's have solid stone as their common drop, and winged helms as very rare.
I think Alraunes look like the easiest way to help the gil situation if required (should be quicker than going to the clan hall) then, assuming that one round of reflecting dark can kill them (weak to aero, but you don't get it til after garuda so not useful).
Yeah, I agree.  Ragohs were the only other mob that had decent common drop in that section of the run that wouldn't require a detour.
Edit history:
Freddeh: 2014-05-03 06:16:32 pm
Hm, just musing here mostly, but I wonder if you can kill Undying before the ultimate attack if Ashe and Penelo were hasted...

After some (notsogreat) testing, it looks like the magic queue with his ability casts muck it up too much to get enough casts off to be worth it...I'm about a cast and a half away from the kill from both even with haste on, which is about the same as normal. Is there anything else that haste might be useful on for Cid1/after Cid1? Hashmal maybe?
You spend more time in the casting animation rather than filling ATB, and Haste only shortens the latter.  Here are my first impressions for every boss from Cid 1 on.

Cid 1: Haste might let you sneak in enough rounds of Bio to kill him before his special attack.
Rafflesia: You're waiting for its attack to finish anyway, so Haste is useless.
Daedalus: No need for Haste here, and it probably doesn't save the amount of time it takes to cast.
Tyrant: I find the Confuse loop timing a bit scary, so Haste on the tank would help with that.
Shemhazai: No need for Haste here, but this fight is probably long enough for Haste to come out slightly ahead.
Hydro: This fight is too quick for Haste to help.
Pandaemonium: Any problems here come from bad timing, not lack of Haste.
Slyt: Pfft.
Fenrir: See Shemhazai.  Balthier does not make use of Haste.
Hashmal: Maybe.
Gabranth 1: Haste/Berserk Reddas is tempting, but it may trigger Cid 2's Gatling Gun too quickly.
Cid 2: Haste is useless.
Famfrit: Maybe.
Cid 2: No point really.
Gabranth 2: Haste doesn't help.
Vayne: If it guarantees the first round of casts in the second phase occurs before the attack whose name I can't remember, it may be good.
Vayne Novus: No need for Haste.
The Undying: See your own post, I guess.
Edit history:
Freddeh: 2014-05-10 04:40:24 am
Do you guys happen to know off the top of your heads if Mage's hats/habits give enough magick power to make it through the end of the game? (its 3 less than enchanter habit+sorc hat)

I'm trying to find places to save/gain money to see if its viable to afford Ruby Rings. Also that would make stillshrine a bit easier...with my current strategies ashe has barely enough mp to get the second thundara off on Mateus.
Mage's Hat + Mage's Habit gives the same magick power as the Wizard's Hat + Enchanter's Habit I get in the old route.  However, Ba'Gamnan farming means I have all five Magick Lores on both casters, so it's not a fair comparison.  Wizard's Hat + Wizard's Robes (3 less than this) is not enough in the old route, if that helps narrow it down.

Also, when considering Ruby Rings, remember that they cost LP each time you remove Golden Amulets to use them.
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2014-05-10 07:54:12 pm
Sorcerer's Hat is the first available Mystic Hat that gives +6 magic, which is why I put it in my reroute.  After that you would have to wait for Gaia Hats for +7, and Black and White Masks for +8.

For Armor I left it at Enchanter's Habits (+7) because back then I wanted the extra magic for the Stillshrine and didn't think getting more later would be worth the gil.  But with the new Traveler strats it might be better to wait for Sorcerer's Habits (+8, and you don't get +9 until Cleric's Robes).  I'd say the extra 1600 gil you'd spend would almost certainly be worth it just for the extra safety (it would make OHKOing the first Rook in the Cid fight fairly consistent, for example).

Edit: Sorcerer's Hats and Robes both give +20 MP as well, which is a really nice bonus.
Yeah, I use Sorc Hats and Robes currently in the route, but that gives me a good idea that it probably won't be worth it. Hm.
After not having quite enough LP for Ashe to get both Staves 1 and Spellbreaker before Demon Wall I started thinking about ways around this.  Initially I was thinking three more Dustias (9 more LP, likely more treasure, but more time and Phoenix Downs), but there is a more simple solution: don't give her Staves 1 until after Demon Wall.  It goes down in one round consistently even when she doesn't have a Cherry Staff, and it gives... 9LP.  I can't remember off the top of my head how many more Dustias you'd need for another level, but iirc it was at least eight or nine - in other words not worth it even if you could afford the PD's.
We don't license until after Demon Wall anyway, but that's the way to do it.
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 01:26:47 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 01:05:02 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 01:04:45 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 01:04:11 pm
Because of the addition of Traveler strats and some slightly inaccurate numbers I had to rethink what I was doing on the License Board compared to what I posted a couple pages back.  I've now redone the LB route to better reflect the current strats (just for the SS/RTA run, though - the segmented route can wait, if I ever get back to it at all) with a bit of added strategy: because you go past the Golden Amulet chest twice and could possibly have a bunch of extra money from Dustia there is the chance that you could have one or more Golden Amulets before the first round of Jelly farming (and as many as two before Tiamat, though that matters less).  I didn't account for what would happen if you could have three or four going into Jellies 1 simply because it wouldn't change enough to be worth the effort.  Furthermore, Golden Amulets are not available in Eruyt until after you beat Tiamat, which is reflected in my calculations.  I've also kept purchases in, though boss strats have been removed this time - I might post them again once I get the new Traveler strats down, but not yet.

The LB route up to Jellies
3 Battery Mimics and 40 Skeletons assumed, need 50-51 Bone Fragments if Dustia 1 drops nothing, Penelo’s equipment left on and only Mythril Sword and Vaan and Basch’s armor kept

Leviathan
Buy Immobilize and Reflect, Protect
Vaan: BM2, TM1, AM1, TM2, Staves 1,
Fran: BM2, TM1, AM1
Basch: Daggers 1-2, Poles 1
Ashe: BM 1-2, TM1, AM1, TM2
Penelo: BM1, BM2, TM1, AM1, TM2, Staves 1, Light Armor 2, Shields 1, Mystic Armor 2 and 3

After Garuda
Buy 3 Cypress Poles, 3 Cherry Staves, Wizard’s Hat and Robes, Aero, Oil, Sleep, 5 Echo Herbs and 5 Gold Needles
Ashe: WM 3, Gambit 20, ML25, Spellbreaker, Smallswords, Staves 1*
Penelo: Gambit 15, HP+50, Gambit 20, ML25, Spellbreaker
*If Ashe is short of getting Smallswords and Staves 1, she can wait until after Demon Wall

Buy Traveler before leaving Rabanastre

Buy 2 Black Belts in Eruyt
In Jahara (after Eruyt), buy Shielded Armor, and 11 Hi-Potions (and Infuse? - it can also be purchased in Archades during the chops quest) – save at least 2500 gil (7.5k for a GA as well)

Licenses before Henne Mines
Vaan: Light Armor 2, Daggers 2, Poles 1, Accessories 4, 7 and 8, Gambit 15, Potion Lore 1*
Balthier: Traveler
Basch: Shields 3, Heavy Armor 4, Accessories 5, 7 and 8
Penelo: Daggers 2, Poles 1

With no Golden Amulets for Jellies 1
After Tiamat
Buy 5 Smelling Salts and Fira (optional but recommended: Cura) back at Eruyt
Minimum 110 Jellies assumed for each round
Basch: Accessories 1, WM 1-3
Penelo: Rods 1, Staves 2, BM3 Headsman*
Penelo will likely be just short of Headsman.  If she is, give it to her after the first wave

Between rounds of Jellies
Ashe: Accessories 5, 7 and 8, BM3, Rods 1, Staves 2*
Penelo: Quickening, Accessories 8
Buy and equip four Golden Amulets (Vaan, Basch, Ashe and Penelo), also buy Jackboots, Decoy, Confuse, Thundara and Blizzara
*Ashe will likely be slightly short at first
Before leaving the Henne Mines, make sure that Ashe has at least 210 LP available after getting the above licenses (this is seven behind baseline, but workable)

Before Stillshrine
Vaan: Gambit 25, Battle Lore 25, Gambit 35, Headsman, Swiftness, +150 HP, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50
Balthier: Infuse?
Basch: Gambit 15, Potion Lore 1, Gambit 25, Shield Block 25, Traveler Battle Lore 25, Remedy Lore 1, Phoenix Lore, Potion Lore 2, Spellbound
Ashe: Mystic Armor 2, 3 and 5, Gambit 40, Swiftness 30, AM 2-3*
Penelo: Swiftness 30, Spellbound, Ether Lore 1, ML40, Channeling 30, Warmage, Channeling 50
*AM 2-3 will likely have to wait until after Vinuskar, which is fine

At Bur Omisace, buy 2 Glacial Staves
Proceed through Stillshrine and Bergan fight

After Bergan
Buy two Sorcerer’s Hats and Habits from Bur Omisace
At Phon Coast camp, buy Diamond Armor, Officer’s Hat, Mirror Mail, Bio, Dispel, Death, 21 Phoenix Downs, 5 Remedies and more Hi Potions – you should have at least 26,000 gil after these purchases
Vaan and Basch: Heavy Armor 6 (Vaan: straight right from LA2)
Ashe: Spellbound, ML40, Channeling 30
Penelo: Mystic Armor 5-6, ML55
Ashe has a decent chance of being able to afford MA6 here – test if she needs warmage

Before Ahriman
Ashe: Warmage, MA6

Buy Aeroga (and Infuse?) in Archades during Chops sidequest and sell old equipment, but keep Jackboots – also recommend saving Mithril Sword and one crap Armor for equipment swapping

Before Cid
Vaan: BM4, LA9, LA8*
Basch: Potion Lore 3, +150 HP
Ashe:  BM4
Penelo: BM4
*Just short baseline, but isn’t essential here

Buy 11 X Potions and grab 5040 gil chest before leaving Balfonheim
Proceed through Giruvegan

Before Rafflesia
Vaan: LA9 and LA8 if he was short earlier
Basch: Swiftness 50, Remedy Lore 3, Belias
Ashe: Channeling 50, ML55
Penelo: BM5, Quickening
Fran: AM2

Before Tyrant
Vaan: AM 2-3, GM 1, Spellbound
Ashe: WM5, GM4
Penelo: WM5, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50

After Tyrant
Vaan: Gambit 40, Magic Lore 40, WM5
Basch: HP +200
Ashe: Gambit 50, Swiftness 50
Penelo: Gambit 50, Swiftness 50

Note: only Vaan needs a Golden Amulet after Shemhazai – although Ashe and Penelo both benefit, this route assumes their Golden Amulets are sold
In Balfonheim, sell Glacial Staves, Wizard’s Hats and Golden Amulets (if necessary)
Also buy 11 X Potions (or fewer) and Firaga
Fly the Strahl to Nalbina, then buy Bubble on the flight to Rabanastre before proceeding to Pharos

Before Hydro
Fran: AM5, Quickenings: left of WM8, below Axes and Hammers 3, and below Greatswords 1 – Fran done
Ashe: BM5
Penelo: GM 4-5, AM 4-5

After Hydro
Basch: BL80, +500 HP – Basch done
Vaan: Remedy Lore 3, +200HP
Balthier: GM3 – Balthier done

Before Cid
If only Vaan’s GA was kept, transfer it to Ashe/Penelo for this fight (you can switch it between them mid battle and still get the desired results)
Vaan: Battle Lore 80, +500 HP, Potion Lore 3, Potion Lore 2
Penelo: Channeling 80, ML 80, Quickening
Optional: GM1 for Basch

After Cid
Vaan: Shemhazai – Vaan done
Ashe: Famfrit, plus any following she can afford: Channelling 80, ML80, Brawler + ML 120 – Ashe done
Penelo: ML 120 (if she can afford it) – Penelo done

Before heading to the Bahamut, you can sell any remaining Golden Amulets and whatever loot you picked up in the Pharos (don’t go out of your way for that loot, though) to restock on curatives if necessary.  Don’t bother with Hi Potions anymore.
Beat the game

With one Golden Amulet before Jellies 1
If you get the Golden Amulet from the chest, put it on Vaan just before you finish the Tiamat fight

After Tiamat
Penelo will likely be just short of Headsman.  If she is, give it to her after the first wave

For Jellies 1 give Vaan the Golden Amulet for the first wave if he didn’t have it for Tiamat (16 assumed, not that it matters), then switch it to Basch until Ashe can afford it (52 Jellies baseline), then Penelo when she can (100 baseline)

Ashe: Accessories 5, 7 and 8, BM3, Rods 1, Staves 2
Buy and equip three Golden Amulets (Vaan, Basch and Ashe), also buy Jackboots, Decoy, Confuse, Thundara and Blizzara

Before Stillshrine
Vaan: Gambit 25, Battle Lore 25, Gambit 35, Headsman, Swiftness, +150 HP, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50
Basch: Gambit 15, Potion Lore 1, Gambit 25, Shield Block 25, Traveler Battle Lore 25, Remedy Lore 1, Phoenix Lore, Potion Lore 2, Spellbound
Ashe: Mystic Armor 2, 3 and 5, Gambit 40, Swiftness 30, AM 2-3
Penelo: Swiftness 30, Spellbound, Ether Lore 1, ML40, Channeling 30, Warmage, Channeling 50

After Bergan
At Phon Coast camp, buy Diamond Armor, Officer’s Hat, Mirror Mail, Bio, Dispel, Death, 21 Phoenix Downs, 5 Remedies and more Hi Potions – you should have at least 26,000 gil after these purchases
Vaan and Basch: Heavy Armor 6 (Vaan: straight right from LA2)
Ashe: Spellbound, ML40, Channeling 30, Warmage, MA6*
*Ashe has exactly enough for this baseline, postponing MA6 isn’t a big deal

Buy Aeroga (and Infuse?) in Archades during Chops sidequest and sell old equipment, but keep Jackboots – also recommend saving Mithril Sword and one crap Armor for equipment swapping

Before Cid
Vaan: BM4, LA9, LA8
Basch: Potion Lore 3, +150 HP

Before Rafflesia
Basch: Swiftness 50, Remedy Lore 3, Belias

Before Tyrant
Vaan: AM 2-3, GM 1, Spellbound
Ashe: WM5, GM4, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50

After Tyrant
Vaan: Gambit 40, Magic Lore 40, WM5
Basch: HP +200

Note: only Vaan needs a Golden Amulet after Shemhazai – although Ashe benefits and it makes things safer for Penelo, this route assumes their Golden Amulets are sold
In Balfonheim, sell Glacial Staves, Wizard’s Hats and Golden Amulets (if necessary)
Fly the Strahl to Nalbina, then buy Bubble on the flight to Rabanastre before proceeding to Pharos

Before Hydro
Fran: AM5, Quickenings: left of WM8, below Axes and Hammers 3, and below Greatswords 1 – Fran done

After Hydro
Basch: BL80, HP +500 – Basch done

Before Cid
If only Vaan’s GA was kept and Penelo lost LP, transfer it to her for this fight

After Cid
Ashe: Famfrit, Channeling 80, plus any following she can afford: ML80, Brawler + ML 120 – Ashe done
Penelo: ML 120 – Penelo done

Before heading to the Bahamut, you can sell any remaining Golden Amulets and whatever loot you picked up in the Pharos (don’t go out of your way for that loot, though) to restock on curatives if necessary.  Don’t bother with Hi Potions anymore.
Beat the game

With two Golden Amulets before Jellies 1
Give Basch a Golden Amulet at the end of the Tiamat fight if you got one from a chest (Vaan can get one too if both are from chests, but it isn’t assumed)

After Tiamat

For Jellies 1 give Vaan the second Golden Amulet, then switch it to Ashe when she can afford it (52 Jellies baseline), then give Penelo Basch’s when she can (100 baseline)

Ashe: Accessories 5, 7 and 8, BM3, Rods 1, Staves 2
Buy and equip three Golden Amulets (Vaan, Basch and Ashe), also buy Jackboots, Decoy, Confuse, Thundara and Blizzara

Before Stillshrine
Vaan: Gambit 25, Battle Lore 25, Gambit 35, Headsman, Swiftness, +150 HP, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50, Spellbound
Ashe: Mystic Armor 2, 3 and 5, Gambit 40, Swiftness 30, AM 2-3

After Bergan
Vaan: Heavy Armor 6 (straight right from LA2)
Basch: HA6, Potion Lore 3, +150 HP
Ashe: Spellbound, ML40, Channeling 30, Warmage, MA6*
*Ashe has exactly enough for this baseline, postponing MA6 isn’t a big deal

Before Cid
Vaan: BM4, LA9, LA8

Before Rafflesia
Basch: Swiftness 50, Remedy Lore 3, HP +200, Belias

Before Tyrant
Vaan: AM 2-3, GM 1, Gambit 40, Magic Lore 40, WM5
Ashe: WM5, GM4, Gambit 50, Swiftness 50

After Tyrant
Basch: BL80, HP +500 if he can afford it (needs 235 LP, only 6 above baseline if one GA was from the chest) – Basch done if he gets it here

Note: only Vaan needs a Golden Amulet after Shemhazai – although Ashe benefits and it makes things safer for Penelo, this route assumes their Golden Amulets are sold

Before Hydro
Basch: BL80, HP +500 if he didn’t get it already – Basch done

Before Cid
If only Vaan’s GA was kept and Penelo lost LP, transfer it to her for this fight

After Cid
Ashe: Famfrit, Channeling 80, plus any following she can afford: ML80, Brawler + ML 120 – Ashe done
Penelo: ML 120 – Penelo done

Beat the game

And one last note: you have the chance of getting Ruby Rings for Ashe and Penelo (uncommon steal from Bergan or purchased for 8500 gil each at the Phon Coast camp).  They help a lot if you can get them, though it is by no means guaranteed.  You would still want to keep Golden Amulets on them through Shemhazai, but before Hydro they can be added in quite easily.  For Penelo, simply postpone Swiftness 50 from after Tyrant until later (I'd recommend getting it before Slyt) - she also won't get a lot of her optional licenses at the end, but Ruby Rings give more benefit than they do.  Ashe shouldn't be affected at all (except for the optional stuff) because she has enough to afford the license before Hydro at baseline (5 more than she needs), and she would get it on the way to Famfrit anyway.
Edit history:
Freddeh: 2014-05-27 03:29:54 am
Freddeh: 2014-05-27 03:29:09 am
Freddeh: 2014-05-27 02:43:31 am
Freddeh: 2014-05-27 02:35:44 am
I've been getting staves 1 before demon wall and 2-rounding it instead of trying for the 1-round...not really an easy way to get to crit hp at that point in time anyway. Then getting spellbreaker after Demon wall of course.

EDIT: Also, I've finally managed to get through a run with minimal deaths (twice to Bergan only), and got the WR by a whole 13 seconds: http://www.twitch.tv/freddeh/c/4336892

Still tons of time to be saved, but I've reached my initial goal, and now its time to work on optimizing the License route and Gil route, as well as trying out a couple different ideas for routing from Start->Mimic Queen/Dustia, and start running saveless runs.

EDIT2: Notes on your license route:
- You may find it tough on money if you get both sets of Wizard Hats/Robes, though that said, I was making it through before with only 1 hat/robe and buying infuse instead, which is the same price. I just like having the extra lee-way for potions, and not having wizard hats/robes only affects one fight: Vinuskar, because you have to take ashes gear off XD. That said, it looks like you don't even license Ashe for the Wizard gear, so I'd imagine thats just a mistype.
- If you're short on money, you can hit the guard on the right side (leaving the shop) in Jahara for 3 hi-potions and an ether.
- You can leave Phon Coast Camp with substantially less than 26k, especially since you aren't selling until archades (and tbh, that shop is way faster if you don't sell there, since you can just spam X to get Aeroga and then spam O out), and especially if you get extra gold via Red Caps, The free Glacial Staff, the gaia hat, and the black mask, in addition to stealing from various bosses (bergan, ahriman). In my run I only got 1 red cap and the gaia hat (well, and the ruby ring steal), and I had an abundance of gil despite only having ~19-20k after Phon Coast.
There was only supposed to be one set of Wizards equipment, fixed that.  Also added in a note on Ruby Rings.  As for the gil route, I intend to flesh that out in much more detail soon, so I'll address that issue then.
Sounds good, also, check your twitch messages ;).
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2014-05-28 09:01:44 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-28 08:53:38 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-28 08:52:41 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-28 08:39:36 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 05:21:15 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 05:13:47 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 05:10:43 pm
AlecK47: 2014-05-27 05:02:18 pm
OK, so after examining the gil route it seems that assuming you can get past Jellies, being able to afford two Ruby Rings is all but a given.  The route below is going to be a bit vague in a couple places on healing potions - this is because you are guaranteed to get a reasonable amount of gil for them after Jellies via chests (and in some cases, stealing), but these amounts are inherently inconsistent.  You can also get more healing items at various points for safety if you have the gil to spare (this is especially nice for having a couple extra Phoenix Downs early on).

Basic Purchases
Barheim: Blizzard

Before Dustia: 51 Phoenix Downs

Leviathan: Immobilize and Reflect, Protect

After Garuda: 3 Cypress Poles, 3 Cherry Staves, Wizard’s Hat and Robes, Sleep, Oil, Berserk, Aero 3-5 Echo Herbs and 3-5 Gold Needles

Traveler before leaving Rabanastre
One Black Belt in Eruyt
In Jahara (after Eruyt): Shielded Armor, and 0-11 Hi-Potions  – if you save 1130-1280 you can keep a Cypress Pole for Jellies
There is a Garif guard you can talk to to get 3 hi potions and an ether (to the right as you leave the main area)

After Tiamat: 2-5 Smelling Salts and Fira, a Golden Amulet or two if you have the money (optional but recommended: Cura – costs 1500)

Between rounds of Jellies: Golden Amulets (3 needed), Jackboots, Decoy, Confuse, Thundara and Blizzara, replenish Smelling Salts (up to 5), 11 Hi Potions, 11 Phoenix Downs

After Bergan: 2 Glacial Staves, Pirate Hat two Sorcerer’s Hats and Habits from Bur Omisace, sell remaining old equipment here or at Phon Coast

At Phon Coast camp, buy Diamond Armor, Mirror Mail, 1-2 Ruby Rings (need 2 total), Bio, Dispel, Death, 11 Phoenix Downs, 2-5 Remedies and up to 31 Hi Potions
Minimum gil after Phon Coast shopping: 14680 (includes gil for Phon Coast chocobo)

Archades
Buy Aeroga in Archades during Chops sidequest

After Cid: Sell loot and such for more Hi Potions and Phoenix Downs if needed

Before Pharos: Buy X Potions (11 assumed, more is fine, save 11900 for spells and airship fare) and Firaga, then fly the Strahl to Nalbina, board the flight to Rabanastre and buy Bubble there

Before Bahamut
However many X Potions you think you need, sell non-essential stuff as needed

And a few basic numbers to help gauge how to deal with pre-Jellies gil.  These totals are for immediately after selling Dustia 2's loot, and assume you haven't sold any unneeded equipment yet.
Minimum total to avoid gathering more gil: 26305 (27805 with Cura)
Minimum total to also avoid selling equipment: 29430 (30930 with Cura)
Minimum to buy one Golden Amulet: 30805 (32305 with Cura)
Minimum to buy one Golden Amulet without selling equipment: 33930 (35430 with Cura)
Two Golden Amulets: 35305 (36805 with Cura)
Two Golden Amulets without selling equipment: 38430 (39930 with Cura)

I would personally recommend buying healing items and/or Cura before buying a second Golden Amulet.