Sad
<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from LotBlind:
Does anyone play Quake Live? I already suggested this as a 2nd stream thing but I can tell you about the clan I've founded and show you some interesting new game modes etc. Hope this doesn't come off as too advertisey. If we've got lots of players suddenly, a tournament could happen. Send me a PM if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

Any multiplayer FPS game could be fun. But I'd rather play games with LAN capabilities though. Having this as a side event would also require some space, as there would most likely be a couple of tower PCs to set up. Maybe even have some Trackmania action going on at some point if this is possible to set up
There is no light to save you
ok i have to ask here again: does anybody have an english Golden SUn copy that can be borrowed to me or is somebody able to buy me one? youd get the money per bank transfer or at ESA i just want that english copy xD
Zzzlol94: why tower PCs and why LAN? Quake Live can be set up for LAN I think but it's really not needed?
Quote from LotBlind:
Zzzlol94: why tower PCs and why LAN? Quake Live can be set up for LAN I think but it's really not needed?

It's about doing it casually or 'slightly' seriously, with proper setups. I'm going to bring with me my midi tower PC anyways.
Okay. You mean to give everyone a similar starting ground? If it's up to me, it's going to be a *very* informal tournament/just a few games for fun. But yeah why not set up a computer so people have an easy time getting into it.
i'm a server manager, provided i get the computers to play with i can setup some lan servers if you guys want. i've ran trackmania servers, i can run source servers, i'm pretty sure quake servers shouldn't be too bad either
:D
Quote from KennyMan666:
Quote from eTholon:
I've also been thinking about hosting a sealed deck tournament as that's something you don't need a premade deck for and it's relatively noob friendly.
I think a separate thread for that would be good though to check interest and see if/how many booster boxes should be bought for it.

I'll be going to a con in Skövde (same locale as ESA) this weekend, and last year on that con there was a Magic shop there doing a bunch of draft plays. If they're there this time too, I can ask them if they want to come run some drafts/sealed at ESA as well, so we don't have to buy boxes for it and each person just pays for each draft directly to them, meaning there'd be less need to know in advance how many wants to play and easier to do it on the fly.

Sounds sweet. I think sealed is definitely the superior format for an event like this though as it's more newbie friendly and can pull in more players. What do they price their boosters at?
Precursor
I think 30 SEK each. They take 100 per person for a draft, at any rate, keep all cards you get and boosters as prizes. I've asked them, since they indeed are here and I played a Theros/Gods/Nyx draft yesterday. Sounded on them like they might be able to come and do it but I still want to see that there's enough interest to make it worth it for them to bother with it.
Smörgåsbord
Did anyone write Poker already? I want to try it! thumbsup
good idea Svenne! I'm in for poker too
FrankerZ
Poker? I'm game
The cake is a lie
Quote from Svenne:
Did anyone write Poker already? I want to try it! thumbsup

I could do that :3
Any geocachers? Could go for a round with a group, should be fun!
Im up for poker
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
If I happen to accidentally have five minutes of free time, I'll be down for poker, too =^,…,^=
Poker sounds awesome!
such "manly" side events so far.. anyone feel like trying some real live DnD?
Edit history:
Chucat: 2014-06-03 09:32:43 am
Murder on the Pawrient Express
Quote from Therio:
Also heard that Chucat was thinking of setting up a fighting game tournament.

Yeah, planning to do Capcom, Smash and Mystery tournament

Basically mystery tournament will be a standard tournament where you don't get told what the game is beforehand, I'm aiming to have something silly and fun be the game, and depending on what people want, it'll either be an entire game of it, or it'll switch each round.

The games should generally be versus games, but they don't actually have to be fighting games (so for example, something like Sonic 2's versus mode would count)

Sign-ups are here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zM5jQBZfoNEYspX5oxbVcsrZ4uICCp7mVq417l_-FHc/viewform?usp=send_form
You can never run enough games
I'd be down for doing some MtG, not like loads, I haven't played in a couple of years lol, but maybe a couple of games if someone can lend me a deck or if you need someone else for Sealed/Draft you can count me in as long as it doesn't end up being too much to buy into.

I'd also be up for some LAN stuff or rhythm gaming, but again I'm not a super pro, just some casual games would be fun though!
Speed is all that matters.
Since Magic was being mentioned; For those interested in more anime-ish TCGs I'll bring a couple of Weiss Schwarz decks if people are interested in testing that out, too.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Neviutz:
Since Magic was being mentioned; For those interested in more anime-ish TCGs I'll bring a couple of Weiss Schwarz decks if people are interested in testing that out, too.

I was waiting for this xD
Quote from MLSTRM:
I'd be down for doing some MtG, not like loads, I haven't played in a couple of years lol, but maybe a couple of games if someone can lend me a deck or if you need someone else for Sealed/Draft you can count me in as long as it doesn't end up being too much to buy into.

I'd also be up for some LAN stuff or rhythm gaming, but again I'm not a super pro, just some casual games would be fun though!

lanning osu and stepmania would be nice Cheesy
as i said i bring 4 decks along with me but only like 2 of them are good xD
I'd love to play with some gen 1-2 pokemon cards, but I can't bring any myself.

Munchkin, UNO or other custom card games is also fun.

Obviously there will be smash.

For SNES I got some fun games like Hit the Ice, Monopoly and ClayFighter

I have a Genesis flash cart so most things will work on that.

I also have a softmodded wii with HDD so most Wii/GC games work fine as long as I got an ISO. I'd love some Mario Party on that like someone mentioned.

Provide your own controllers ;).
Anyone ever tried spank the monkey (since other card games was brought up)?
I usually always have my deck with me if anyone want to give that a try.