--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-06-26 05:06:26 am
ESA: 2014-06-26 04:35:29 am
Hello all!

The time has come to list all things that are needed for ESA to be the best it can be, in every aspect.
I thought Omnigamers template for the GDQ epuipment threads was so good so I borrowed it.

Some guidelines:
1. Only list things that you can provide for the marathon. Do not list equipment that you don't want to be a part of the marathon. So please don't list setups for tournaments or practice
2. Right now every runner is to bring their own game. If you can't bring your game, post in the thread so we know. Back-up carts are always good, so if you can bring a marathon game, please do.
3. Controllers are not listed, we trust you'll bring your favourite! It's the runner's responsibility!
4. If you are not able to bring equipment you've signed up for. Please post in the thread and let us know.
5. The estimate for all items are the least amount needed. Feel free to bring more! Do not change the estimates!
6. If you see an error with run estimates, console for the games. Please do not change it, let us know in the thread and we will edit it.

Additionally No modded consoles. If you know how to capture it with good quality then it may be okay, but please, dicuss it with us first if you are not sure how to capture it! The exception to this rule is soft modded wii with region changer. Freeloaders and swap magic are no-goes. If you play on a NTSC copy of the game, use a NTSC console and the same for PAL.

PC-runners! please bring a mouse and  keyboard that you are comfortable with. If you can't, there will still be peripherals for you to use, but it's gamble. Please note that it would be a good idea to bring drivers on a flash drive if necessary.

ESA 2014 Equipment Spreadsheet
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Grukk: 2014-06-24 03:27:59 am
I take this first post for eventual additional info!
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2014-06-24 03:28:07 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Didn't see the "Streaming Equipment" immediately ^^''

I added my stuff there, maybe you are in the scaler/converter interested.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I don't have a Google account, so I'll trust on someone else editing the document accordingly for me =)

Bringing:
→ PS2 slim 90k, NTSC-U with power and RGB cables.
→ PAL-SNES with power and composite cables.
→ SFC with power and RGB cables.
(games and controllers)
(my trusted laptop Kana-chan)

Can bring:
→ 5 m composite cables, if required.
→ composite to SCART adapters either way, if required.
If anyone has a mouse with a very silent scroll wheel, possibly free scrolling one, that they don't mind getting horribly abused I'd like to use it for Titan Quest. I don't mind using my own especially since the wheel has seen its best days already but the viewers might not like the noise it makes.
Edit history:
BaalNocturno: 2014-06-24 01:13:00 pm
There is no light to save you
I can bring the Gameboyplayer (PAL) for Gamecube along if you dont have that yet.
Also it would be nice if someone has an english copy of Golden Sun (i posted that allready somwhere but still) because it would be way easier for me than playing in german!
Edit history:
ontwoplanks: 2014-06-24 01:56:02 pm
I have a powered 21 pin SCART splitter and sync strike I can bring if you would find them useful?

edit: added to list after talking to oasiz
Edit history:
Chrno: 2014-06-24 01:43:36 pm
Chrno: 2014-06-24 01:43:31 pm
WOW.
For my Shadow Tower run, I need an NTSC console as it was never released for PAL. I need to know if anyone is planning on either bringing an NTSC PS1 or PS2 because it would save me from buying one. Thanks!

Never mind, just seen the equipment list.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from ontwoplanks:
I have a powered 21 pin SCART splitter and sync strike I can bring if you would find them useful?

edit: added to list after talking to oasiz

Oh yes! We love us them Sync Strikes!
My Gamecube has a GameBoyPlayer too.
Precursor
Added some things, depending on how much extra of some stuff gets supplied by other people I might remove something though. Also, I'm not bringing my PS2, but I can bring PS2 component cables if wanted.
i just wanted to know if someone can take an original US version of FF4 ( so FF2 in US ) , or if i must take an unoriginal version of the game ?
I'm running a game with Game Boy Player so I'm bringing my own PAL GameCube with its Game Boy Player, along with normal scart cable.
Edit history:
j4sp3rr: 2014-06-25 05:17:20 pm
j4sp3rr: 2014-06-25 02:45:52 pm
i could bring along my gamecube if people want it, it has a game boy player attached, is pal, but has a mod chip in it that both loads burned games and makes the entire console region free(tested it with an ntsc disk and it accepted it just fine)
i have a normal composite cable for this. i should also have a gba controller cable laying around i can bring as well Cheesy

Also i get where you are coming from with the no modded consoles because they will run at weird speeds, but i'm pretty sure pal gamecubes actually have full ntsc chips within them, you just need to get the region lock off to access them, which in my gamecube's case is not by means of freeloader, but an actual modded bios
Edit history:
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-26 12:48:51 pm
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-26 12:48:42 pm
General_Beatrix: 2014-06-25 03:50:42 pm
Quote from BaalNocturno:
I can bring the Gameboyplayer (PAL) for Gamecube along if you dont have that yet.
Also it would be nice if someone has an english copy of Golden Sun (i posted that allready somwhere but still) because it would be way easier for me than playing in german!

I have an English copy of Golden Sun I can bring.

Is anyone bringing / able to bring an Xbox 360 Slim model?
Can bring Gamecube + GBplayer if required.
Added that PC-runner should bring their own PC peripherals if they want to use stuff they are used to, in the first post.
DS Dictator
I can bring in:
* Mario Kart Double Dash - For 8 PLAYER
* Nintendo DS - USB capture mod
* Nintendo 3DS - USB capture mod.

Non-Speed run related.
* A few master system games including Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage 1 and 2.
* A Sega Mega Converter (plays Master System games on a Genesis/Megadrive).

Some request (not speed running related)
Has anyone got a GBA Action replay with USB cable & software
http://planetgameboy.de/artikel_daten/images/actionreplay/ar2.jpg
or *gulp* a DS flashcard. The main purpose is actually trying to import a special Super Mario Advance 4 save into my GBA copy and take advantage of the Japan only E-Levels 
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2014-06-26 02:40:01 pm
TimpZ: 2014-06-26 02:37:49 pm
TimpZ: 2014-06-26 02:37:27 pm
TimpZ: 2014-06-26 02:35:08 pm
TimpZ: 2014-06-26 02:34:43 pm
I will bring a softmodded wii with region changer and a Genesis with a flash cart that is capable of playing most Gen and SMS roms including hacks. Genesis and Wii RGB cables (Wii is a bit unreliable because it has a loose contact, same thing with Genesis power cable). I will also bring the games I'll play myself.

Other than that, controllers, a few games, 3DS flash cart (for DS games) and a HDD for the Wii to play Wii and GC games/hacks but none of it for anything other than practise room fun. NTSC/PAL SNES converter, Super Gameboy and GBA-GC cable is also something I'll probably bring.
Quote from Greenalink:
Has anyone got a GBA Action replay with USB cable & software
http://planetgameboy.de/artikel_daten/images/actionreplay/ar2.jpg
or *gulp* a DS flashcard. The main purpose is actually trying to import a special Super Mario Advance 4 save into my GBA copy and take advantage of the Japan only E-Levels 

i have a ds flashcard somewhere, i have a dsi r4 somewhere and another ds copycard that was actually intended for the ds/dslite i could try and find those for you and get bakc to you if i have them around?
You can never run enough games
I can bring Wii composite and component cables. I can also bring a EZCap if required. Also I'll be bringing a GBA link cable, I can bring 2 if needed, and a Wii lens cleaner just in case.

As for doing our runs, will they be done on whatever console is being used, or can we use our own? Only there's a few rooms in MP3 that have strats based on loading times, and I know how all of them are on my wii, and I could learn it well enough on another with some practice but if its a different system it could be a bit interesting.
Quote from MLSTRM:
I can bring Wii composite and component cables. I can also bring a EZCap if required. Also I'll be bringing a GBA link cable, I can bring 2 if needed, and a Wii lens cleaner just in case.

As for doing our runs, will they be done on whatever console is being used, or can we use our own? Only there's a few rooms in MP3 that have strats based on loading times, and I know how all of them are on my wii, and I could learn it well enough on another with some practice but if its a different system it could be a bit interesting.

If you want to play on your wii you can obviously bring it and hook it up there, component cables would be the best(for image quality). you could throw the EZCap in with your other stuff, but i wouldn't presume they are actually going to use it, because the ESA tech crew have quite a few, more professional capturecards on hand
is there a chance that somene have an everdrive for SNES , this is less rare than a US copie of FF4 ^^
Edit history:
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:37:59 am
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:31:10 am
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:29:36 am
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:28:48 am
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:28:47 am
Hetsig: 2014-07-02 09:18:38 am
I love speedruns!
Hetsig
Xbox360 SLIM (250gb) ( 2 wifi controllers + 1m HDMI cable )
Mouse ( Silent Scroll ) > Razer Deathadder ReSpawn
Games that i can bring
PS2: Dark Chronicle
xBox: Splinter Cell, Need for Speed: Underground, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
x360: AC2, Dante's Inferno, Borderlands, Alan Wake, Fable 2, Fable 3, Prototype, FF13, FF13-2.

I CAN BRING
GTX770
i7-4770K 3,50GHz
16GB RAM
If we need a streaming computer.

If i need to bring this, then i need a lift :/. From Säffle to Skövde :o.
Precursor
Given that we seem to be well enough off in the realm of Gamecubes, and I was asked to bring an Xbox, I'm going to no longer bring my Gamecube. I will still bring my GB Player and Hori pad.