Smiley
Sad
<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey, so we still need the get the full Rock Band equipment sorted.

The game is no problem, but if anyone can bring Guitars, Drums that'd be really helpful. The more stuff we can get the better!
The Duce
I will bring one NES and one Neo-Geo AES+power&rca-cords.
2x controllers for each system
All the scheduled games I will run
Smörgåsbord
I will bring a PAL NES, because asterix is PAL only
DS Dictator
Quote:
i have a ds flashcard somewhere, i have a dsi r4 somewhere and another ds copycard that was actually intended for the ds/dslite i could try and find those for you and get bakc to you if i have them around?

Any luck J4sp3rr?
If so, I'm guessing you need an SD card (+reader) to insert both GBA save manager program and Super Mario Advance 4 32 World-e Levels save?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Greenalink:
Quote:
i have a ds flashcard somewhere, i have a dsi r4 somewhere and another ds copycard that was actually intended for the ds/dslite i could try and find those for you and get bakc to you if i have them around?

Any luck J4sp3rr?
If so, I'm guessing you need an SD card (+reader) to insert both GBA save manager program and Super Mario Advance 4 32 World-e Levels save?

If you need something like this, I can help you:
I will run the PC (Steam) version of FF7 at ESA.
Usually, I run this from a laptop and use the laptop keyboard as the input device.
I will bring a laptop but I strongly assume that the game will be run via a desktop provided at ESA, which means that I will need to use a separate keyboard (right?).
While I can bring a keyboard of my own, I found that upon testing that keyboard today it has an issue with simultaneous keyboard inputs, making it almost impossible to use it for the run.
Therefore, I wonder if someone will bring a keyboard (numpad keyboard) that I could borrow that does not have an issue with ghosting (my external keyboard cannot process Left+Down+Num0 or Up+Num9+Num3, which is extremely detrimental).
Quote from Kynos:
Usually, I run this from a laptop and use the laptop keyboard as the input device.
I will bring a laptop but I strongly assume that the game will be run via a desktop provided at ESA, which means that I will need to use a separate keyboard (right?).
While I can bring a keyboard of my own, I found that upon testing that keyboard today it has an issue with simultaneous keyboard inputs, making it almost impossible to use it for the run.
Therefore, I wonder if someone will bring a keyboard (numpad keyboard) that I could borrow that does not have an issue with ghosting (my external keyboard cannot process Left+Down+Num0 or Up+Num9+Num3, which is extremely detrimental).

You can play on your own laptop, that's no problem! Smiley We actually prefer that!
I will bring 3 GBA SP and 3 cables to connect GBA to Gamecube.

I hope some people will bring Gamecube controllers?
Quote from Grukk:
Quote from Kynos:

You can play on your own laptop, that's no problem! Smiley We actually prefer that!

That solves my problem completely then. :]
Quick question regarding PC games.

How do we deal with PC games and Steam?
Do I have to bring my own PC/Laptop with the game, or can I login with my steam account on the official gaming/streaming PC and install my game?

I'm not an official or anything, my answer is not the ultimate truth. But from experiences from other marathons, it's way better to bring your own device. Super Meat Boy is different on every configuration for example and if you don't have your own stuff, it's horrible to setup.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I'm not an official on the tech side of things either, but I would assume that you can log into steam on the official gaming PC (which is different from the official streaming PC).
But as Grukk (official Wink ) said above, they seem to prefer personal laptops ^^
Edit history:
j4sp3rr: 2014-07-22 07:21:35 pm
j4sp3rr: 2014-07-22 07:21:27 pm
Quote from Alko:
I'm not an official on the tech side of things either, but I would assume that you can log into steam on the official gaming PC (which is different from the official streaming PC).
But as Grukk (official Wink ) said above, they seem to prefer personal laptops ^^

the reason for this is in speedrunning, but basically in anything, having your own computer is very important, because every computer is specced differently, your glitches may or may not work depending on the framerate, your screen input delay might be different, all this adds up to basically a different game entirely, for clarity and ease its best to play on gear you've practised on a bunch, or atleast a little bit, so you know how they respond and you can adapt to them. it also obviously cuts on setup time, because you can prepare them beforehand instead of finding out something is wrong mid-run.

this is a mainly pc only thing, since all consoles basically have the same hardware, apart from itterations obviously. although it is still nice to have your own with you, just to make sure all your saves are there, and ESA would obviously not have an endless supply of consoles i'd imagine you could understand.

hope that sort of clears some things up?

p.s. please note this is not an official response, this was more written from the common sense department.
Quote from Baffan:
I will bring 3 GBA SP and 3 cables to connect GBA to Gamecube.

I hope some people will bring Gamecube controllers?

i know i should have 2 around, i'll bring them if i see them.
Quote from Kynos:

you can try with my razer blackwiddow btw, it has anti ghosting Cheesy
Quote from Greenalink:
Quote:

Any luck J4sp3rr?

sorry this completely slipped my mind, i'll go find it tomorrow
Murder on the Pawrient Express
Quote from Kotti:
If anyone has a mouse with a very silent scroll wheel, possibly free scrolling one, that they don't mind getting horribly abused I'd like to use it for Titan Quest. I don't mind using my own especially since the wheel has seen its best days already but the viewers might not like the noise it makes.

I've got a Logitech Wireless that doesn't work with my computer that has a silent free scroll wheel, I can bring it if you still need one.
I hope I can get a laptop with enough hardware power for Hard Reset during the next days.
But there should be no problems with different hardware.
Quote from Chucat:
I've got a Logitech Wireless that doesn't work with my computer that has a silent free scroll wheel, I can bring it if you still need one.

Yes please, that would make the first 20 minutes of the run sound a lot nicer.
Kotti, i have a g700s logitech wireless mouse(can also be wired) has a button on it that has silent free scroll or half free scroll(sort of fly wheel still but it does slow down faster) it'll be there so just grab it if you need it, i'll have a couple of mice around from me.
J4sp3rr, please use the edit button or answer all of the quotes in one go! Thanks ^^
Quote from Alko:
J4sp3rr, please use the edit button or answer all of the quotes in one go! Thanks ^^

alko i was going to do that from now on, i realised what i did shortly after i allready did it lol Tongue
i just see the game part of the equipement list , it said that there is a FF4 available , so i'm good with it ?
Quote from xemorej:
i just see the game part of the equipement list , it said that there is a FF4 available , so i'm good with it ?

It's listing you as the supplier Wink
Quote from Alko:
Quote from xemorej:

It's listing you as the supplier Wink

ok thanks you for the answer ^^