12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
So, we're there for the video games, but that doesn't mean we can do some fun stuff on the side!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thinking about some non-marathon related things that we can get together and do, so we can collect them all in this topic. If you have something you want to arrange, some game tournament or something else, note it here, and I'll add it to the first post.

So, the primary thing I'd love to try to get together is a Magic: the Gathering event, either a sealed deck, a draft, or both. The problem, I guess, would be that the current format is RtR block, and buying a display of each of the three sets could get a bit expensive. So what I'm going to do is check interest here first, and depending on that, seeing what plan should be gone with (I have a few). Either way, I believe buy-in for either format would be 100 SEK (but don't quote me on that JUST yet). A problem: I do not have a stockpile of basic lands to cover an event like this. One of my possible plans solves that but that's not a guaranteed plan. Interest check first - so, everyone who would want to play a Magic sealed deck and/or booster draft at ESA, say so here! And, of course, just general Magic playing is always fun. I'll bring some RtR block decks, at least.

I have an idea for another thing as well - but that needs a bit more consideration before I announce it to the world, if I reach the conclusion that it's still a good idea.
Thread title:  
Smörgåsbord
I want to play some Poker, if people would be interested.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Can we get three other people happy to play a few rounds of Schafkopf? =3
Quote from Svenne:

I'd me more than happy to beat you in poker. But we need some bets in that case to make it more interesting and actually fun. Wink

Then ofc it would be nice to play some random games as well, like racing games, SSBB and stuff, but that's obvious I believe.
% bad secrets
What about Mafia (Party game)? I have been wanting to get a good group of serious players to play an in-person game with. Unfortunately, every single person I know of either doesn't want to play an apparently stupid and boring game or are unreliable or not serious enough to actually play correctly.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I'm seriously in for a serious round of Werewolves (which are so much cooler than mafiosi Wink ) ^____^
Precursor
I am so on board with a good game of Mafia/Werewolf, by which I mean I'd be glad to be the host/narrator.
% bad secrets
As long as you're a good narrator... I don't like lame ones "So and so died..." Woopdy-doo! I love a good narrator that makes up a story, even sometimes incorporates it into the interaction of the players and possibly actual roleplaying; but for most people, roleplaying is for chumps.
If it is possible maybe we could have some races between each other as well? Is that doable? Wink
Mafia is legit Smiley
Edit history:
WERY: 2013-05-29 01:48:03 pm
The Duce
Quote from Svenne:

I am up for poker

We can also build houses of cards. I like that too
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from WERY:
Quote from Svenne:

I am up for poker

We can also build houses of cards. I like that too

Going all in, son.
jk Cheesy

I'll take my poker cards for sure, but for other fun games Grin
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2013-05-30 03:02:50 am
If we would like to run some tournaments for fightinggames such ass SSFIV:AE, UMVC3, SSBM and such. This site make that really easy: http://challonge.com/
What is a man?
I'm up for SSFIV:AE and SFxT Cheesy .. good luck beating me! (ok haven't played in like a year but..)
Would be awesome with some SSBM and SSBB tournaments.
I'm down for anything and everything. Cheesy

Inb4 sexual innuendos everywhere xD
What is a man?
Quote from iMysty:

Well my fighting STICK is looking for some action, haven't touched it for these purposes in ages,
as i've developed my technique to more of a "speed-centric purpose" rather than "competetive execution aimed towards beating an opponent"..

Make of that what you will Cheesy
% bad secrets
Quote from charleon:
Quote from iMysty:

Well my fighting STICK is looking for some action, haven't touched it for these purposes in ages,
as i've developed my technique to more of a "speed-centric purpose" rather than "competetive execution aimed towards beating an opponent"..

Make of that what you will Cheesy

I prefer to dominate the other in such a way that they're begging for mercy. The mere sound of pain from the other character only makes me want to play harder and beat the stick more to ensure I inflict the most amount of damage.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Tekken and KoF needs love too!... Someone bring KoF13 plz
What is a man?
Quote from DRsynj:
Tekken and KoF needs love too!... Someone bring KoF13 plz
if it's Tekken 5:DR or Tekken 6 i can give you a hearty challenge :), i wanted to learn KoF, started with Billy but the scene for KoF here died Sad
Speedrunner
Take a bath! :3
:D
Quote from KennyMan666:
So, the primary thing I'd love to try to get together is a Magic: the Gathering event, either a sealed deck, a draft, or both.

I was gonna suggest this the moment I saw the thread!

I can bring some of my board games. I have a bunch and some more advanced than others. I'll probably bring a couple relatively simple ones eighter way and see if anyone wants to play.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Quote from charleon:
if it's Tekken 5:DR or Tekken 6 i can give you a hearty challenge :), i wanted to learn KoF, started with Billy but the scene for KoF here died Sad

as long as you know what a bound is I'm sure you'll be fine :o.
What is a man?
Quote from DRsynj:
Quote from charleon:

as long as you know what a bound is I'm sure you'll be fine :o.

Well i do like db+1+2, uf+3, 2, df34, 2 bound! Df3, 1, 2 , Wallsplat , ff+1+2 for ~116 damage with Marduk Smiley
On another note: boardgames is awesome. Perfect way of socializing and getting to know people
Svart Lyser Tronen
100m sprint.