Edenal: 2013-05-21 02:18:46 am
Edenal: 2013-05-20 11:16:28 am
Edenal: 2013-05-20 02:35:46 am
Edenal: 2013-05-18 03:59:56 am
Edenal: 2013-05-18 03:59:53 am
Edenal: 2013-05-18 03:59:53 am
Edenal: 2013-05-17 10:35:56 am
Hockey enthusiast
It's come to our attension that more than a few international attendants won't have the possibility to bring anything to sleep on. And since all we can provide is space and not an actuall room with a bed, we've come up with this following solution.

Add 5€. And we get you one of these to use during the marathon.

(Lady on the box not included!)

However, in order to make this a reality.
You will need to tell us right now, so we can make all necessary arrangements with orders, pickups and payments.
Update: Deadline to request a bed is June 15th. Deadline for payment if you've requested a bed is July 1st. And that means the money needs to be on the Ludendi bank-account by then. If not, you won't get a bed. No exceptions!

I want an air mattress:
iMysty
Tiberius
Kotti
DRsynj
Rueake
Raphioli
Neviutz
A-M
KVD
MrNiacin
LotBlind
MrLonghair
Arctic_Eagle
pipe
Timpz
Partystar
Shrimp
Sunblade
WMJ
Zwajken
Meridian
flicky (x2)
Enopp
charleon
PeteThePlayer

No more orders!
Thread title:  
Personal text
Quote from Edenal:
Lady on the box not included!

Darn Sad
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Edenal:
(Lady on the box not included!)

Better that way. I don't want to support another hungry mouth o.o Mine's enough ^^
Precursor
I have a sleeping pad of this type that wouldn't take a lot of space to bring, so if someone wants to borrow that from the 15th onwards, that can be arranged. But you'll need to bring your own sheets. First to claim it gets to borrow it for free during the marathon, at least until I leave (which will be on the 22nd or 23rd, probably).

I also have a bigger regular mattress, but I probably won't be able to bring that - I'll speak up if that changes, but it'd probably take up too much space.
Assuming I don't buy this and I can't bring anything else to sleep on. What would be the alternative?

I have no idea what the sleeping arrangments are like at the Culture. If someone could either let me know the info or give me link to where it says all of this (as it probably does somewhere, I just suck at trying to find it)

I would be forever grateful <3
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-05-17 03:18:29 pm
It depends on what we get. If you poker and get unlucky, it's nothing but the cold, hard, Swedish floor. Maybe we have access to one or two rooms with a maximum total of three couches or so, but I, personally, would not bet my life on them (unless you like sleeping on the bare floor Wink )
I am guessing there are specific rooms designated for sleeping? Or is it find somewhere and plant yourself down?

I think either way. I am there for 10days. and it is only 5Euros. Put me down for one please! If I use it once it is only 5Euros!
Quote from iMysty:
I am guessing there are specific rooms designated for sleeping? Or is it find somewhere and plant yourself down?

Yes and yes. The organisers will guide people to an area with walls and doors saying 'to sleep, thou shalt come hither'. Inside of that room, you will fence off two square yards of floor space for your matress and luggage Wink
Make it so.
Put me down for one too please, looks good. Comfort for a fiver is a damn fine deal.
I don't have a bed and appreciate this solution, please do put me down for one of those.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I need a bed.
Great idea, put me down for one
This sounds pretty nice, put me down for one as well please
Is that a single bed? Are bigger ones available? Either a double or a queen? <3
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kittycatwinters:
Is that a single bed? Are bigger ones available? Either a double or a queen? <3

These are singles. There are bigger ones available. But to keep things as simple as possible for us, this these the only ones we offer to help out with.
So bigger ones are available but you're only offering the single ones?
Hockey enthusiast
Correct. If everyone would have doubles we would run out of space quickly. Also, they are way more expensive.
Oh right I see. You meant the brand do other sizes but you're only offering the single one. Fair enough. We planned to get a blow up bed and I had two options put side - a queen with added sofa attachment and a king with built in pillows. But I was told about this thread today and obviously having the beds there for us and cheap would be easier but I myself would prefer at least a double so I will have to discuss with Josh about this. He seems fine with the idea of the single you are providing and I guess we could always just put two singles together but I don't know.
Hockey enthusiast
The idea about this solution is that it's a "quick and dirty" solution. It's alot better than the flow or a thin camping mat. But not as comfortable as a "real" portable bed. Wink
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Raphioli:
This sounds pretty nice, put me down for one as well please

I think MrNiancin needs also one, right?
Yeah I would rather be on a blow up bed than a thin mat or the floor. Thing is if you're worried about the space in the rooms does it mean only single blow up beds are allowed? Like I said the two blow up beds I'm considering are queen or king so if you're only allowing singles due to space then there's no point in me getting them. I have no idea what the sleeping rooms are like and I'm hoping to grab a corner or something as everyone knows I'm a bit worried about privacy.
Speed is all that matters.
Put me down for one, too, please.
I'll take one ! thanks
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kittycatwinters:
Yeah I would rather be on a blow up bed than a thin mat or the floor. Thing is if you're worried about the space in the rooms does it mean only single blow up beds are allowed? Like I said the two blow up beds I'm considering are queen or king so if you're only allowing singles due to space then there's no point in me getting them. I have no idea what the sleeping rooms are like and I'm hoping to grab a corner or something as everyone knows I'm a bit worried about privacy.

Don't worry if the bed you're bring is bigger or smaller. If you want to bring your own queen / king that's totally fine. Don't believe that we will run out of space.
I would love to chip in on this, nice idea!
put me down please! Cheers,
Karel