Sad
<- 1  -   of 86 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
While I was thinking about the 101% route for AA, I found a timesaver for my any%. It's a way to get into the llama temple in Angry Aztec without playing the Barrel Blast course:

This allows me to save time in a few places:

1. Not doing the Barrel Blast, watching the cutscene afterward, or shooting the switch.
2. Not needing to buy Baboon Blast in Jungle Japes. I can do all of DK's Cranky shopping in Crystal Caves.

Because I need to be Diddy to do this trick, I will do everything the same as before in AA up to playing the guitar. I'll then go through the cave and perform the trick. I'll have to tag DK inside the llama temple; unfortunately, this loses about 20 seconds. I tested shooting the coconut switch with Diddy because there are a few switches in the game that show one type of shot but work with other types, but the one next to Lanky isn't among them. Since DK will be missing his 3 coins in the cave linking the two main areas, I'll get the rainbow coin behind K. Lumsy, which will enable me to skip Diddy's 3 underwater coins in JJ, 2 of Diddy's coins next to his Kasplat in JJ, Tiny's 3 coins next to the dirt mound in AA, and DK's 2 coins next to the llama cage in AA. I've updated the route to reflect these changes.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-26 08:10:13 pm
Quote from Manocheese:
While I was thinking about the 101% route for AA, I found a timesaver for my any%. It's a way to get into the llama temple in Angry Aztec without playing the Barrel Blast course:

I actually mentioned that on page 55 but that was before you find a way into FF with 5 bananas and the any% still needed the GB from the llama cage. If you're going to do it this way I have no doubt that it is now faster to use STVW to glitch through the gate underwater as opposed to going all the way over to the steps and using the c-up glitch unless there is a different c-up glitch on the big steps.
Quote from leftysheroes:
I actually mentioned that on page 55 but that was before you find a way into FF with 5 bananas and the any% still needed the GB from the llama cage. If you're going to do it this way I have no doubt that it is now faster to use STVW to glitch through the gate underwater as opposed to going all the way over to the steps and using the c-up glitch unless there is a different c-up glitch on the big steps.

Sorry, I forgot about that. I'll note it in the video. And yeah, I'm definitely going to use the STVW method now.

On the topic of the Jungle Japes 101% route, I'll probably be done revising your route tomorrow. So far I haven't found much room for improvement, although it seems a bit slow to go through that tunnel at the entrance twice (I haven't come up with a better way yet, though). 8 GBs (plus one outside the lobby) seems like the way to go, though, because GB options in AA are limited. I'm thinking the following 6 would be best:

Freeing Tiny
Freeing Lanky
DK's two blueprints
Diddy's JJ blueprint (maybe this one can be redeemed in JJ, since you go right by Snide with Diddy. The JJ route would have to be reorganized, though)
Tiny's blueprint

Without visiting any shops with Lanky and Tiny or glitching into the 5-door temple, Lanky can't get anything (unless you glitch into his room of the llama temple with the Kasplat, but you need to come back with the Grape Shooter anyway, so you should probably take care of it then. Or you could glitch in and activate W2, saving some time when you come back (you could exit warp from that room both times, or just end the segment). But then again, you'd want to visit Snide before freeing Lanky... Glitching into the room with Lanky's Kasplat is something to consider, though, if it's even possible.), Tiny can get her blueprint and the GB from her temple (although she too will probably need to come back with her shooter for 20 bananas), Diddy can get the GB from freeing Tiny, and DK can get everything except the 5-door temple GB.  I'm thinking it would be pretty slow to get the GB from freeing the llama when you have to come back to AA later and you could just get it then, and the GB in the sand cave would require leaving the llama temple, which would take quite a bit of time. Like the GB from freeing the llama, it would probably be gotten quickest by hitting the switch in the llama temple before freeing Lanky and actually grabbing the GB when you return to AA (you can actually glitch OoB to skip hitting the switch, but it takes forever to navigate the OoB area unless there is an entry point much closer to the sand cave than anything I know of). Not including the GBs in the 5-door temple, that only leaves the ones in my list, plus the 9 from JJ and DK Isles. How exactly do you glitch into the 5-door temple? Admittedly I haven't tried it, so I may be missing something obvious. Is it possible to skip feeding the totem pole?

An yet another note, I'm going to hold off on looking for improvements to the Fungi Forest route until I get my guide. I remember the distribution of regular bananas in that level being more complicated than anything in Factory or Galleon. And I'll stop now because this post is quickly becoming a mess.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-27 12:08:19 am
First off for glitching into the 5 door temple on the left side of the temple there is a ramp with Diddy bananas. If you face up the ramp on your right toward the bottom edge of the ramp you can get OoB using the c-up glitch. Unfortunately since Tiny Lanky and Chunkys rooms are so high and there I don't think there is a floor up there it can't be used for all 5 rooms, only for DK and Diddys.

For the GB's I think Tiny's blueprint is a bad idea since DK needs the 2 banana balloons for his medal and there is no other reason for him to go through that tunnel other than on the way to freeing Lanky. Granted there is no reason for Tiny to go through the tunnel besides the Kasplat so a perhaps entering with DK and heading to Crankys then shoot the balloons. After tag Tiny and buy Mini-Monkey and get the blueprint and use her to glitch into the camel temple(for some reason if you glitch in the GB is in front of the llama cage even though you didn't free it. Then get Tiny's GB on the way to tagging DK at the tag barrel. DK will end up taking that path anyway to activate W1 and get his bananas although he'll have to go back for 1 so that he doesn't need the balloon behind the temple.

This would mean the extra trip to Crankys but skip the blast barrel course(which is easy to do fast anyway) as well as an extra trip into the tunnel in Aztec 2, as well as the extra tag in the temple in Aztec 2 to get Tinys banana.

For JJ route DK obviously has to go through at the beginning of the route and Diddy has to go partway in for his GB. There are 5 bananas that I could get in the minecart area by the peanut switch that could replace the 5 from the path at the start so the best idea for that would be to activate W2 at the start with DK and have Diddy use it and get the GB and warp back when heading into the minecart area.

Quote from Manocheese:
Quote from leftysheroes:

Sorry, I forgot about that. I'll note it in the video. And yeah, I'm definitely going to use the STVW method now.

I wouldn't worry about that after all you're not the only one who forgot about it I spent like 20 minutes reading through the thread to see if I had actually posted about it.

The Fungi Forest bananas were actually in very favorable positions. It was far better than GG and at least equally as favorable as Frantic Factory. The tough one I would think is Crystal Caves.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-07-27 10:21:42 pm
I tried for a while today to change the JJ 1 route around, but I didn't have any luck getting a major change to work. So, here are a few minor improvements:

• Get Diddy's underwater bananas while getting his timed GB. This lets you immediately exit/enter after getting Diddy's blueprint.
  • Activate W1 during a cutscene by rolling just before you enter the main area.
  • Do DK's shopping at Cranky's before breaking stuff with Rambi.
  • Possibly skip breaking the Rambi wall, since Chunky can get past it. Tiny has 15 bananas behind there, though, so it may turn out to be faster to break the wall.
  • Split up Diddy's bananas around the brown structure. Get 3 before the first time you enter, then 4 before the next time you enter.

EDIT: Something completely unrelated that could help you in Crystal Caves:

First of all the reason you're having so much trouble with those jumps is that you're not supposed to jump. Just hold forward and you should make it every time.

For the JJ improvements.
1. I'm pretty sure that Tiny shouldn't have a problem getting her medal without the bananas behind the gate so that will be something to consider.
2. For the Diddy bananas on the around the brown structure I think that I will probably just get the 5 bananas from in front of the peanut switch and skip most of those. Flipping to the 5 bananas wastes little time so I'd probably get 3 on the to shooting the switch and then just get 4 from the river along with the 5 in front of the peanut switch.
3. Getting the 10 bananas underwater while heading for the banana is a good idea. It will probably be a close call getting to the cage but this is the segment I can try as many times as I want so any time saving risks are more than worth it.

I did a runthrough to figure out which kongs would buy the universal upgrades and here are the coin quotas.
DK: 28 Basic upgrades + Super Duper Simian Slam
Diddy: 31 Basic upgrades Homing ammo and Ammo belt 2
Lanky: 28 Basic upgrades and Sniper Sight
Tiny:26 Basic upgrades and Super Simian Slam
Chunky:24 Basic upgrades and Ammo belt 1
Thankfully all upgrades isn't counted into 101% so I won't have to spend 9 coins on upgraded music power ;D.

I did a test Aztec 1 playthrough using the idea of breaking into the camel temple with Tiny and the camel wasn't in there so I don't know why he was in there when I did it way back when unless I did something to trigger him not appearing in there(don't know what that could of been.) Unfortunately if he won't appear in there after glitching in consistently I'm back to square one on the Aztec 1 route.
Quote from leftysheroes:
First of all the reason you're having so much trouble with those jumps is that you're not supposed to jump. Just hold forward and you should make it every time.

That wasn't my video. <_<

Quote from leftysheroes:
I did a test Aztec 1 playthrough using the idea of breaking into the camel temple with Tiny and the camel wasn't in there so I don't know why he was in there when I did it way back when unless I did something to trigger him not appearing in there(don't know what that could of been.) Unfortunately if he won't appear in there after glitching in consistently I'm back to square one on the Aztec 1 route.

He also wasn't there when I glitched in with Diddy. It looks like you'll need to do the Barrel Blast. That pretty much rules out Tiny's GB in the llama temple for Aztec 1. Speaking of AA, I found that you can use the C-up glitch to enter that room. Just use the stairs. It is also probably possible to get there from the OoB region accessible via the swim through shores glitch in the room with Lanky's cage. Lanky has 20 bananas there, so it may be necessary to go there. After doing so, you could glitch into the aforementioned room, then use W2 to get out. This would skip a few of Tiny's bananas and would require a slight detour to photograph a banana fairy, but it's something to consider for Aztec 2.
Quote from Manocheese:
Quote from leftysheroes:

That wasn't my video. <_<

Sorry its getting kind of late at night for me. I'll try to come up with an Aztec 1 route tomorrow.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-30 11:17:27 pm
I edited some of the suggestions into the JJ route. Getting the 10 bananas underwater is not nearly as problematic as I thought I still have 10 seconds on the clock when I get the GB. At this point I think I'm still going to use Rambi to break the gate since I have to get the banana fairy anyway so I may as well get Tinys bananas in the process. I still plan to use the Hunky Chunky glitch I'll be using Hunky Chunky to run to the cage with his GB. I still could change this since Hunky Chunky can use the camera.

Here is the preliminary Aztec 1 route.
1. Enter with DK. On path to main area open rock door and get blueprint.
2. Buy Bongo Blast(1). Get 15 bananas from top of trees and rainbow coin. Tag Diddy.
3. Buy Guitar Gazump. Activate W1. Shoot balloon. Shoot switch and enter temple.
4. Collect 18 bananas and use guitar to open path.(2)
5. Get 7 bananas on path to Tinys room. Collect 5 coins and free Tiny. Collect GB. exit/enter
6. Use W1. Jump to top of llama cage without using vines.(3) Play guitar to open door.
7. Go through tunnel to Cranky's collecting 5 bananas. Tag DK. Shoot 2 balloons and fight boss. Tag Tiny.
8. Return to main tunnel and get blueprint. Get 10 bananas on path to large open area.
9. Head to Snide's. Turn in blueprint. Tag DKand turn in blueprint. Get 3 bananas on way to camel temple.
10. Play Barrel Blast. Get 4 bananas and enter temple.
11. Activate W2 and collect bananas 15 around corrider of room and activate W1.
12. Play drums to open gate(4). Free Lanky and get GB. exit temple and get 20 bananas/GB from cave. exit/enter
13. Use W1 and get GB from front of llama cage along with 3 bananas for medal.(5) End of Segment.

Notes.
1. Depending on Aztec 2 route I may switch this to Frantic Factory.
2. I need the 18 bananas and playing the guitar saves some time when Lanky comes back later. I'll still do c-up with Tiny.
3. As mentioned previously its faster this way and I can make the jump every time.
4. Right now I'm opening the gate so that Lanky can get his balloons and come back into the main temple area. I may end up ending Aztec 2 or exit warping after getting these bananas and if thats the case I will switch drums to FF and glitch into the room both times.
5. This seems like the best option. Since DK has to get to it at some point the only time wasted is entering and using W1. On the other hand it saves the trip back from the cage with DK as well as the extra trip to Snides with Diddy along with the extra required tags.
Now that I think about it, I agree that the GB next to the llama cage is a lot better than the one from Diddy's blueprint. It'll probably be easier to look for improvements if Aztec 1 and Aztec 2 are considered at the same time, so I'll wait until you come up with an Aztec 2 route (hopefully my guide will have arrived by then). A few notes on Aztec 2 that may or may not turn out to be useful: you can use STVW to get to Tiny's room in her temple and you can use swim through shores to get out of Lanky's prison in the llama temple.
...?
Interesting to see all the work going into the 100%
Anything else coming along with the any%?
Quote from In_Pieces:
Interesting to see all the work going into the 100%
Anything else coming along with the any%?

Not much. My fastest time so far is 1:15. I definitely won't submit anything higher than 1:13, but I'm not sure if I can get 1:12.
If you use the c-up glitch with Tiny in the temple I'm pretty sure that you can drop into the room with the GB without fighting the Klaptraps.

It is possible to swim into the slope and get back around the gate with Lanky but with 2 melons I usually die before I can get back out of the water. I generally lose 3-4 health just getting into the room. It wouldn't matter if it warped you to the door of the temple but it warps you to the beginning of AA which won't really help out.

Is it possible to get to Diddys bonus barrel without  the rocketbarrel? I know that he can jump over to the area where he has the GB behind the gate but I wasn't able to actually climb up to the top of the island. The trick involving sliding and doing the backflips might work but I can't really get it to work.

It will probably take a few days at least to come up with a route for Angry Aztec 2. I'm testing out some possible improvements for the Fungi Forest route as well as seeing if the jumpkick to the powershed trick that I mentioned earlier to turn the factory room power on early can be worked into the Factory route.
Quote from leftysheroes:
If you use the c-up glitch with Tiny in the temple I'm pretty sure that you can drop into the room with the GB without fighting the Klaptraps.

The GB doesn't actually appear until you beat the enemies, though.

Quote from leftysheroes:
Is it possible to get to Diddys bonus barrel without the rocketbarrel? I know that he can jump over to the area where he has the GB behind the gate but I wasn't able to actually climb up to the top of the island. The trick involving sliding and doing the backflips might work but I can't really get it to work.

Which GB are you talking about? None of Diddy's Angry Aztec GBs are from bonus barrels.
Quote from Manocheese:

Quote from leftysheroes:
Is it possible to get to Diddys bonus barrel without the rocketbarrel? I know that he can jump over to the area where he has the GB behind the gate but I wasn't able to actually climb up to the top of the island. The trick involving sliding and doing the backflips might work but I can't really get it to work.

Which GB are you talking about? None of Diddy's Angry Aztec GBs are from bonus barrels.

I was referring to the one in the barrel at the summit of DK isles itself. If there was a way up there there would be no need to move the rock and play the trombone to make the barrel appear in the first place.

For the STVW I'm pretty sure I know where it is because I was trying to use it to get Chunkys banana without fighting all the Klaptraps which could possibly work if you could swim under the area where the banana goes but I haven't had any luck so far with it.
No, you need Rocketbarrel Boost to get to Diddy's Bonus Barrel. You don't even come close if you try it with Tiny and Diddy's backflips are only marginally higher even if a way to get to the top with anyone was found.

Speaking of Diddy's backflips, iirc Joe had some trouble with Diddy's cabin in Crystal Caves where you have to kill all the enemies. You can actually backflip and Diddy will hang on to the edges of the central platform. The barrel enemies aren't triggered to attack until you move towards the center, so you can safely eliminate them with a charged attack.

And I'm pretty sure this is obvious, but just in case, for Tiny's GB in the llama temple, there's no reason to hit any of the switches at all. The lava in there isn't an instant kill like most of the lava in the game and with Ponytail Twirl you only need to take damage twice.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-28 10:46:55 pm
Thanks for the tips. I still might need Tiny's bananas from where the switches are though.

Anyway I am doing a preliminary Aztec 2 playthrough and I think that I caused the game to lose its marbles somehow. First I used the Rocketbarrel to get Diddys 15 bananas from above the trees where the big tower rises. I then landed and hit the switches. After that I got the rocketbarrel and flew through the sun thing 3 times to free the bird and then flew over and grabbed the banana off the top of the tower. At this point the game informed me that I lost the ring game against the bird that I didn't even start in the first place so I said ok try again and it warped me over to the bird. In the ring game with the bird I was about 2/3 of the way through and the game then decided that apparently that was enough and gave me the GB. When I got the GB instead of the GB sound it made the sound that it makes when you fly through the ring to free the bird. If this is consistent(yeah right) it could potentially save some time.

EDIT: I'm really confused now somehow whatever I did earlier made the troff and scoff doors reappear.
Quote from leftysheroes:
Anyway I am doing a preliminary Aztec 2 playthrough and I think that I caused the game to lose its marbles somehow. First I used the Rocketbarrel to get Diddys 15 bananas from above the trees where the big tower rises. I then landed and hit the switches. After that I got the rocketbarrel and flew through the sun thing 3 times to free the bird and then flew over and grabbed the banana off the top of the tower. At this point the game informed me that I lost the ring game against the bird that I didn't even start in the first place so I said ok try again and it warped me over to the bird. In the ring game with the bird I was about 2/3 of the way through and the game then decided that apparently that was enough and gave me the GB. When I got the GB instead of the GB sound it made the sound that it makes when you fly through the ring to free the bird. If this is consistent(yeah right) it could potentially save some time.

EDIT: I'm really confused now somehow whatever I did earlier made the troff and scoff doors reappear.

I remember something similar happening to me once. If you do find a way to use it to your advantage, make sure that it works when you do exactly what you would in a run.

Here's another small tip for Aztec 2: you can charge a shockwave attack while using a warp pad. You can use this trick with Lanky in the llama temple: do a running attack before you reach W2, then hold B while warping and release it once you get to the other W2 (provided the Kasplat is close enough).
Quote from leftysheroes:
Thanks for the tips. I still might need Tiny's bananas from where the switches are though.

Crap I forgot to mention this. Yeah, this can be done consistently (at least the bird race warping, because I didn't know there was more to the 'race'). During my test runs I would free the bird and then get the GB from the tower and two of the banana bunches from the trees before the prompt for the race came up. I don't know what the plan for the regular bananas was looking like, but you can replace the third bunch from the trees with the one above the watermelon crate during the race, which wastes little to no time considering the speed of the condor. That said, the Troff and Scoff reappearance is strange.

Also, the tip for Tiny's GB in the temple was actually under the assumption that the bananas from the switch platforms would be collected. Tongue

Finally, I can't remember if this was mentioned in the topic before, but there's a very easy way to go oob with Hunky Chunky in daytime Fungi Forest that's right next to the worm drop-off spot. Part of the wall has a weird little outcropping and you can run right through it.
Quote from PMIT:
Finally, I can't remember if this was mentioned in the topic before, but there's a very easy way to go oob with Hunky Chunky in daytime Fungi Forest that's right next to the worm drop-off spot. Part of the wall has a weird little outcropping and you can run right through it.

Is that the same place used in the third part of this video?

Yeah, but there's no need for all the jumping that guy did.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-30 11:18:46 pm
First of all I won't be using the Hunky Chunky glitch in Fungi Forest since I'll be getting the GB from the minecart ride on the way to the area with the crushing shed and the only use for Chunky at night is to fight the boss.

PMIT was right and what I mentioned about the flying game will be able to be used in the run. There is a decent chance that I may have a preliminary Aztec 2 route later this evening. I just need to figure out which Lanky bananas I'm getting and when I'm going to get them.

I also have to get DK's GB from the Stealthy Snoop game in the cave in Aztec 1. If you hit the switch to open the game and then quit out of the game the cave closes back up and you have to hit the switch again. I will probably get the GB and just exit out from inside the cave and still get the Llama cage GB for 16 total after Aztec 1. Surprisingly this unfortunate development actually helps out with planning for the Lankys bananas so there is a plus there at least.

Preliminary Aztec 2 route.
1. Tag Chunky and use W2. Remove boulders from music pads and play triangle for GB. Jump to starting area.
2. Tag Lanky and use W2. Play trombone to activate rocketbarrel barrel. Enter Aztec.
3. Use W1 and enter temple. Head to GB room and get 14 bananas, GB, and battle crown. exit/enter
4. Use W1. Use W2. Use W3. Get 5 bananas and tag Chunky. Go to main tunnel and become Hunky Chunky.
5. Place boulder on switch and get GB from bonus barrel. Use W2 and enter temple.
6. Get 25 bananas from alcove. Get 4 more bananas on path to GB room. Get GB. Go to Lankys GB room and shoot balloon.
7. exit/enter Get 3 bananas and enter Chunkys vase room. Get 20 bananas and GB. exit
8. Tag Diddy and ram gongs. Tag Tiny and get GB from bonus barrel. Enter Aztec.
9. Use W1 and enter temple. Use STVW to enter GB room and get GB. Get 5 bananas from tunnel. exit/enter
10. Use W1 and tag Diddy. Use rocketbarrel to get blueprint. Use W2.
11. Go to area with gongs and get 3 bananas. Ram gongs. Head to platform with rocketbarrel and get 3 more bananas.
12. Use rocketbarrel to free bird. Get GB from top of tower. "lose race"
13. While flying through rings get 5 bananas from top of camel temple. Win GB from bird and fly to top of 5 door temple.
14. Hit switch and drop to right side of temple. Get 4 bananas and use c-up glitch to enter temple.
15. At second intersection look right and shoot balloon for medal. Get GB and leave. Feed totem pole.
16. Tag DK. Enter his room and get GB. Leave.
17. Tag Chunky. Enter his room of temple. At second intersection go right and shoot balloon. Get blueprint and GB. Leave.
18. Tag Tiny. Get 5 bananas from path to temple. Jump to tree to the right and get 5 bananas.
19. Jump to temple and enter Tiny's room. Photograph banana fairy and get GB. Leave.
20. Go counterclockwise around temple collecting 20 bananas from treetops. Tag Lanky.
21. Enter Lankys room and shoot balloon. Get GB and leave.
22. Head in general direction of camel temple collecting 15 bananas from treetops. Tag Chunky at tag barrel near Snide's.
23. Get 3 bananas for medal. Tag Tiny. Get 5 bananas and race spider/beetle/whatever for GB. Proceed to camel temple.
24. Enter camel temple and shoot balloon. Use Mini-Monkey to enter Tiny's GB room collecting 5 bananas.
25. Collect 5 bananas on way to GB. Get GB. Collect 5 bananas for medal on way back. Use W2. Use W1. Tag Lanky.
26. Enter Lanky's GB room and get GB. Proceed to room with Lanky's cage and shoot 2 balloons.
27. Get 6 bananas from steps by entrance for medal and use W2. Get blueprint. End Segment.

I also made some changes to the Aztec 1 route including adding DK's GB in the cave.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-07-30 11:05:14 pm
I received my guide yesterday and used it today to look for improvements to your Fungi Forest route. The maps are pretty terrible, with tons of switches, tag barrels, and bananas in the wrong place or just missing. It was still useful, though, and I found a few improvements to your route. I'll finalize my route tomorrow and post it. Then I'll take a look at your Aztec routes. It looks like you forgot to feed the totem pole in Aztec 2.
Quote from Manocheese:
I received my guide yesterday and used it today to look for improvements to your Fungi Forest route. The maps are pretty terrible, with tons of switches, tag barrels, and bananas in the wrong place or just missing. It was still useful, though, and I found a few improvements to your route. I'll finalize my route tomorrow and post it. Then I'll take a look at your Aztec routes. It looks like you forgot to feed the totem pole in Aztec 2.

I added the totem pole to the Aztec 2 route.

IMO the biggest problem to planning the routes isn't guides that aren't as helpful as I would like instead its the lack of the copy file feature that Rareware refuses to put in there games for some unknown reason. Because of this it takes 30-40 minutes at least just to get into position to do a test/practice route for any stage after Frantic Factory.

After the Forest and Aztec routes are finished off the next thing that I want ot do is finalize the Japes 1 and 2 routes so I can start attempting the first segment which will probably take dozens of attempts to get a run where all the tricks are performed flawlessly.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-07-31 03:44:26 pm
Quote from leftysheroes:
After the Forest and Aztec routes are finished off the next thing that I want ot do is finalize the Japes 1 and 2 routes so I can start attempting the first segment which will probably take dozens of attempts to get a run where all the tricks are performed flawlessly.

Have you forgotten about Caves and Castle? Roll Eyes Unless you have some routes for those already (in which case you should post them so others can help find improvements), it would be a terrible idea to start doing run attempts. You should have the route for the entire game finalized as much as possible before you start running, and it's essential to play through the whole route enough times that you can do it without thinking. Otherwise, you will be too distracted thinking of what to do next (or, in the worst case, checking notes in the middle of a run). Also, remember the save system; you will be restarting the run plenty of times, so I wouldn't worry too much about perfecting the first segment; the game autosaves so often that the run is practically a single-segment with breaks thrown in.

I finished the new Fungi Forest route. I kept the order of the different regions the same and did most things within regions in the same order, although I did the mushroom area differently. I did change quite a few bananas around, though. I removed 10 of DK's bananas in a circle around the mushroom and replaced them with his balloon behind the cabin. I initially had him getting 5 on top of the upper W5 and none next to the Barrel Blast pad, but this slowed Chunky's banana collection down enough that I decided to keep 5 of the 15 near the Barrel Blast pad. I took out Lanky's 2 bananas on top of the mill and 3 near the rabbit and replaced them with 5 in the attic of the mill. I think I kept Tiny's and Chunky's bananas the same. I took out Diddy's 10 bananas in a circle around the top of the mushroom and replaced them with 5 in the dark cabin and 5 in the rabbit area. I don't like Diddy's 7 bananas next to his Kasplat, so I tried to take 5 of those out (2 can be gotten fairly quickly). Here are the alternatives:

Balloon in the room at the top of the mill. Definitely not.
10 around the mushroom. Slow.
5 in the dark cabin. My route calls for only 5 of the 10 bananas in this room because you can easily get the GB, capture the fairy, and jump over to one of the two bunches, not worrying about falling since you need to get back to the entrance anyway. Getting the other bunch here is an option, though.

I recorded a few Fungi Forest tricks:

I didn't put the last two in my route, but the first one is in tentatively. Unlike Diddy's extra regular banana in Jungle Japes, the extra GB in Fungi Forest actually counts on your totals in the menu. Depending on how the percentage tracker works, this trick may enable one to attain 101% without getting all 201 GBs. Naturally, if this were the case, you'd want to skip the Rareware banana to avoid the need to capture all those fairies. As for whether this would be allowed, in case anyone brings up the precedent of the Gold Skulltula duplication trick (you can use it, but you still have to get all GS tokens), there is a percentage tracker in DK64, so any additional requirements for the 101% category besides beating the game with 101% would just be interjecting arbitrary rules into a category already defined perfectly well by no less authority than the game itself. There would be a case if DK64 had no percentage tracker, but it does. If you get 101%, you get 101%.

Finally, the route:

Fungi Forest 101% Route

1. Enter with DK. Get 5 B on path to giant mushroom area. Get 5 B on W5.
2. Tag Lanky. Activate W3 (5 B) and enter giant mushroom. Shoot balloon and switch.
3. Tag Tiny and shoot switch. Pound switch (5 B) and climb up to bonus barrel for GB, collecting 5 CCs.
4. Exit mushroom through mid-level door, collecting 4 CCs. Get blueprint and shoot balloon. Drop down to front door. Enter.
5. Tag Chunky. Shoot switch and climb to mid-level door, collecting 16 B and 1 CC. Jump down and tag Diddy. Shoot switch.
6. Tag DK and shoot switch. Pound switch and use cannons to get 15 B and GB.
7. Tag Lanky and shoot balloon. Tag Chunky and get 5 B. Exit mushroom.
8. Go clockwise. Pound switch and enter. Shoot balloon and get 5 B. Get GB and leave.
9. Go counterclockwise and drop to Kasplat. Get blueprint and shoot balloon. Jump to platform with Barrel Blast pad.
10. Tag DK. Jump one level down and climb back up, getting 5 B. Do Barrel Blast for 10 B and GB.
11. Tag Diddy. Climb ladder and enter mushroom. Get blueprint and 7 B. Exit mushroom from whence you came.
12. Get Rocketbarrel (10 B). Get GB above giant mushroom.
13. Tag Lanky. Get 5 B and pound switch at top of mushroom. Get 10 B and GB from room on shady side of mushroom.
14. Pound switch at top of mushroom. Get 5 B and GB from room on bright side of mushroom.
15. Go counterclockwise and drop to Battle Crown pad. Get Battle Crown. Drop down and shoot switch to open gate to rabbit area.
16. Get 10 B en route to rabbit area. Get 2 CCs and activate W4. Get blueprint. Get 5 B next to rabbit.
17. Beat rabbit once, getting 6 CCs. Beat him again. Enter Orangstand Sprint barrel and get GB. Run to tag barrel.
18. Tag Tiny. Get 8 B around stump, play saxophone, and get 5 B. Enter stump.
19. Play saxophone. Get GB and seed. Exit level and reenter. *
20. Shoot switches near path to tomato area. Tag Chunky.
21. Get 5 B on W2. Open gate on path to tomato area.
22. Tag Tiny in tomato area. Get 10 B on tops of mushrooms. Plant seed, shrink, and get GB. Get 5 B on top of mushroom.
23. Tag Chunky. Get 5 B in front of Funky's. Become Hunky Chunky. *
24. Squash tomatoes and get 9 B. Carry apple to resting place and get GB.
25. Run to well as Hunky Chunky. Get 6 CCs and 5 B. Enter well and get GB.
28. Punch mill door and enter. Punch box blocking Tiny's entrance. Punch other box and get 5 B. Play triangle.
28. Take barrel to other room. Destroy barrels and get GB. *
29. Tag DK. [[[[[Maybe get extra GB.]]]]] Break box. Get 5 B and pound switch. Pull levers: 2,1,1,3,2. Shoot balloon and leave. Activate W1 and use STVW to get GB.
30. Tag Diddy. Shoot balloon in front of Snide's. Use STVW to get GB.
31. Exit level. Shoot mushroom on lobby ceiling with Diddy, DK, Lanky, Chunky, and Tiny. Shoot switch and photograph fairy. Tag Chunky and get Battle Crown.
32. Reenter. Tag Diddy and get Rocketbarrel (10 B). Shoot moon switch. Use W4 (10 B).
33. Get 5 B on left side of tree and play guitar. Get 5 B on other side of tree. Get Rocketbarrel and fly through owl's rings.
34. Get 5 B and GB above tree. Exit level and reenter.
35. Use W1. Go to side of cabin and get 8 B. Enter and get GB. Photograph fairy and get 5 B. Death warp and leave.
36. Tag DK and shoot balloon behind cabin. Tag Lanky and use Baboon Balloon to reach roof of mill, getting 5 B. Get 5 B next to entrance within roof and enter.
37. Get 15 homing shots and 5 B. Pound switch and get GB. Leave.
38. Tag Tiny and get 2 B in moat. Shrink and enter shed. Get 15 B and enter spider's room (5 B).
39. Get GB from spider. Leave and go behind barn with DK's Kasplat. Shoot balloon.
40. Enter portal and tag Chunky. Fight boss.
41. Tag DK. Get blueprint and activate Strong Kong. Get 5 B and pound switch. Enter barn.
42. Break box. Get 5 B and pound switch. Climb ladder and get GB without using ropes. Climb ladder and break box. Photograph fairy.

Notes:

The Crystal Coconut pickups are pretty flexible. Change them as you see fit.

I ran out of ammo while testing this route. There is plenty of ammo lying around in your path, so this shouldn't be a problem, especially if you already have Ammo Belt 2.

19. You can skip the cutscene of the GB zooming around if you are in the right place when it spawns. Just backflip from the center of the platform you start on at the right time (you may not even need to jump). This prevents the cannon from appearing, but you can still get the bean.

23. You can buy Homing Ammo here if it isn't purchased in Crystal Caves.

28. As Unreal showed in his trick collection, you don't need to start the conveyor belt to get Chunky's GB in the mill.

EDIT: Wow, 1000 posts.