Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 86 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I tentatively have a Creepy Castle route. I'm not close on the Crystal Caves route at all that place is a nightmare but the reasing on wanting to get the Japes 1 & 2 routes next for the recording is that since I have to go through Japes anyway while playing up to a position where I could test a route out I could attempt the first segment while I was at it. This only applies to the first one since that is the one that I can do over and over practically every other segment I'll probably spend at least a couple weeks practicing over and over before I dare to attempt it in the run since I only get one shot at it after the first, and that won't be until after the route is finished.

I'm not sure but I think that the banana fairys themselves count towards the final completion percentage and if that is true then skipping the Rareware banana would be pointless. If a banana could be skipped I could think of a bunch of better choices than the Rareware banana if the banana fairys actually count(Lanky's Frantic Factoy piano game immediately comes to mind or perhaps the owl minigame/ bonus barrel)

Even though you're probably right about the 101% thing when it comes to tricking the game into being able to pick a GB to skip in a 101% route I think I'll have to ask Mike about just to be on the safe side. I actually think that the game starts listing the completion as 101% before you collect all of the GB's anyway so this would be one heck of a gray area if that were true.

Now for the Fungi Forest routes.
1. I agree that I don't like the 7 bananas around the Kasplat or the 10 around the top of the tree but I was thinking when racing the owl that it may be a good idea to get half of the bananas on the way to the music pad and jump down after getting the GB and run to W4 collecting the bananas. After that use W4 since its pretty close to W1 to warp to the area with the 3 sheds where the route goes next. I'm actually thinking that the balloon in the shed at night shouldn't be ruled out completely since by getting it and one of the bunches of bananas in the cabin with his GB both the ring of 7 bananas by the Kasplat and the 10 around the top of the giant mushroom could be skipped which I think that would save much more time than making a quick trip to the balloon would lose. I'll be testing this out.
2. I will be getting Homing Ammo and Ammo belt 2 in Crystal Caves. There are a couple of rooms in Crystal Caves that Homing Ammo is almost required to complete unless playing the instrument works. Either way the Funkys in CC is along a path that Diddy has to take to get a GB and since he is buying it it makes sense to get it there.
3. Even if I don't use the extra GB trick pulling the levers is slow and that trick would still save time for the GB. I would have to find a way to replace the 10 GB from the balloon though.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Quote from leftysheroes:
Even though you're probably right about the 101% thing when it comes to tricking the game into being able to pick a GB to skip in a 101% route I think I'll have to ask Mike about just to be on the safe side. I actually think that the game starts listing the completion as 101% before you collect all of the GB's anyway so this would be one heck of a gray area if that were true.

I just checked Joe's run and you are right... He has 101% before he actually gets the 201st GB. I still stand by what I said in my last post, though: you have 101% when the game says you have 101%. If the banana fairies count in your percentage, that really sucks, since catching them can be a major time sink. It seems that combined with the fact that you don't need every GB for 101%, the extra GB actually lets you skip two GBs. You might instead be able to skip the Nintendo and/or Rareware coins, if those take longer than the slowest GBs, or even several banana medals.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-07-31 11:23:48 pm
For the Diddy Fungi Forest bananas if all the bananas from around the owl tree as well as both bunches from the cabin are colledted there is no need for 5 bananas by the Kasplat, the 10 around the ring at the top of the giant mushroom, and the 10 in the attic of the shed. Getting the 10 in the shed fast is tricky but this seems like the best idea for Diddy bananas.

I'm going through and activating banana fairies but not photographing them so I can come back later after checking my percentage and photograph a bunch all at once and see if they actually count towards the percentage.
EDIT: I tested it out and the banana fairies do count toward the final percentage. 11 banana fairies added 2% to my total so I'm guessing that all 20 would count for 4% of the 101% total so skipping the fairies is not an option.

I'm not sure this will be of much use but its possible to shoot Diddys balloon outside of Snide's at night from the top of the giant mushroom closest to the gate.

BIG EDIT: Had the general idea of this for a while but was working on other stages but here it is.
Preliminary Creepy Castle route.
LTR=Room in basement with Lanky and Tinys GB's.
DDCR=Same but with DK,Diddy,Chunky.
1. Enter with DK. Get 5 bananas from bridge. Play blast barrel to open tree.
2. Climb castle collecting 45 bananas. Tag Tiny. Climb to castletop collecting 50 bananas. Activate W's 2,3,4,5.
3. Jump down to area with 5 warp pads. Activate 2,3,4,5. Jump down to area with Kasplat and get blueprint.
4. Head into castle basement and enter LTR. Get 5 bananas and GB. Take acid bath exit and tag Lanky.
5. Get 18 bananas on path to Funky's. Buy Sniper Sight. Go to LTR.
6. Get GB without playing Trombone. Shoot balloon and take acid bath. Exit and tag Diddy.
7. Get blueprint and shoot balloon. Enter DDCR room. Activate W1. Get 5 bananas and enter GB room.
8. Hit switches 4-1-2-3-4. Shoot balloon and get GB. Use W1 and leave. Tag DK.
9. Enter DDCR. Activate W2 on path to DK's lever room. Get 5 bananas and enter room with levers. Shoot balloon.
10. Pull levers in following order. Back left-Back right-Front left. Get GB from minecart ride. Use W2 and leave. Tag Chunky.
11. Enter DDCR. Activate W3 on way to Casket room. Get 5 bananas and enter room.
12. Break appropriate caskets for 10 bananas and GB. Use W3 and head outside.
13. Climb up and enter door by W1. Get 5 bananas on path to tag barrel and tag Tiny.
14. Get GB from bonus barrel and tag Chunky. Get 8 bananas and enter door with Diddy coins in front of it.
15. Break gates in DK and Diddy's rooms. Shoot 2 balloons and Tag Diddy.
16. Get 10 bananas from behind gates in DKs room and enter Diddys area. Hit switch.
17. Shoot Balloon and get GB. Tag DK.
18. Hit switch and enter room. Get 5 bananas and GB.
19. Tag Lanky and enter room. Shoot 2 balloons and get GB. Take another acid bath and tag Chunky.
20. Get at least 2 bananas on way to exit at 5 warp area. Use STVW to reach area with tree and enter tree.
21. Enter and break gate. Get 5 bananas. Shoot balloon and get GB. Exit castle and tag DK. enter Castle.
22. Enter tree. Get blueprint and shoot balloon for medal. Photograph banana fairy and get GB. exit castle.
23. Shoot switch to open gate and tag Diddy. Get blueprint and enter castle. Use W2 and get rocketbarrel.
24. Fly to top of castle and get 5 bananas on cloud. Play bonus barrel game for GB.
25. Jump down and tag Lanky. Enter room and shoot balloon. Get GB.
26. Tag DK and jump down to switch. Hit switch and enter library and get GB.
27. Exit library and jump down to outside Ballroom. Tag Diddy.
28. Enter ballroom. Light candles for 15 bananas and shoot balloon for medal. Play bonus barrel for GB. Exit ballroom.
29. Tag Tiny and enter Ballroom. Get 15 bananas and photograph fairy. Race car for GB.
30. Exit ballroom and use mini-monkey to enter garbage can. Get 5 bananas for medal and use Saxaphone to earn GB.
31. Enter T$S portal and fight boss. Enter Lankys maze room. Use sprint and collect enough bananas for medal and get GB.
32. Get Battle Crown and exit maze. Tag Chunky outside of Ballroom.
33. Enter Chunkys room in little shed and play Triangle to kill bats. Break crate and get GB.
34. Exit and enter the Museum. Shoot balloon and get 5 bananas under rock for medal. Get GB and exit castle.
35. Remove rock from Baboon Balloon pad and tag Lanky. Use pad to get GB. Exit castle lobby.
36. Get GB from cage behind K Lumsy island. End of Segment.
I'll take a look at that later. Could you make a post with all the level routes so far? Maybe hide each route with a spoiler tag. Then you could edit the post as more routes are decided upon and break it up into segments instead of levels eventually.
Quote from Manocheese:
I'll take a look at that later. Could you make a post with all the level routes so far? Maybe hide each route with a spoiler tag. Then you could edit the post as more routes are decided upon and break it up into segments instead of levels eventually.

Yeah I was going to do that after all the stage routes are completed to figure out the DK bananas anyway but I could do it now and just put the Crystal Caves route in later. I'll definetely use the spoiler tags otherwise it could quite possibly be the longest post in SDA history.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2010-09-02 01:30:13 pm
leftysheroes: 2010-09-02 01:27:27 pm
leftysheroes: 2010-06-11 11:17:57 pm
Donkey Kong 101% route by leftysheroes(thanks to Manocheese,PMIT, and Unreal for all the help)
Spoiler tags used at Manocheese's suggestion to make it easier to view individual segments.

GLITCH GUIDE
  • Swim through vertical walls(STVW): Align yourself facing the wall point blank at a 90 degree angle. Hold c-up and presss A to start swimming. Release c-up and you will swim through the wall.
  • Swim through shores: Swim close enough to the beach that the water is just deep enough to allow you to dive. Do so and start tapping the B button rapidly and you will swim right through the beach and go out of bounds.

• C-up glitch: Press c-up while walking off the edge of the wall and you will glitch into the wall and be able to get out of bounds.

• Moonkick: When running up a fairly steep slope do a jump attack as close to the ground as possible and mash the B button. If done right DK will get significant loft and height on the kick.
  • Moontail: Do a double jump with Diddy and do an attack at the same time as the second jump and Diddy will jump while doing his standing attack. You can then jump out of this again to get extra height.

Segment 1.
1. Talk to Cranky and do training barrels. Use STVW to exit DK's house area.
2. Swim to banana fairy island. Use swim through slopes to enter. Get camera. End of Segment.

Segment 2.
1. Swim to K Lumsys island. Enter.
2. Talk to K Lumsy and get rainbow coin from behind cage. End of segment.

Segment 3 (Japes 1) Projected completion time 0:24-0:25
DK Isles
1. Get GB and enter Japes Lobby.
Jungle Japes
1. Hit switch without using vines.
2. Go through tunnel collecting 3 coins. Do trapped Diddy cutscene skip.
3. Climb vine and collect battle crown.
4. Buy coconut shooter and climb tree near Funkys for 5 B's(5). Kickjump to Snides area and shoot balloon(15).
5. Collect 6 B's(21) on way to collecting GB in front of Diddys cage.
6. Drop to ledge with T&S portal and get 5 B's(26). Drop down and get 5 B's(31) on W3 and shoot switch.
7. Use STVW to get GB from cage on way to shooting switch over gate to Kasplat cave.
8. Climb vine and use ropes to swing over to cannon platform. Shoot final switch. Use cannon and get GB.
9. Drop to cave and activate W4. Collect 9 B's(40) in route to Crankys area. Shoot balloon(50).
10. Get Simian Slam. Buy Baboon Blast.
11. Open gate in front of Rambi box. Get 5 B's(55) and turn into Rambi.
12. Break in the following order. Lankys hut. Rock wall in cave. Transform back to DK and tag Diddy.
13. Buy Chimpy Charge. Use W4. Get 10 B's(10) underwater, 3 coins, and GB from cage without pounding switch.
14. Buy Peanut Popguns. Climb over Armory and enter Minecart area. Pound switch without shooting switch.(2)
15. Exit and get GB. Shoot balloon(20). Get 7 B's(27). Enter Minecart area again.
16. Get 3 B's(30) from stream. Get 5 B's(35) from in front of Peanut switch. Get 2 B's(37) in stream.
17. Shoot balloon(47) and collect 5 B's(52). Enter minecart ride without Chimpy Charge and get 5 B's(57).
18. Win GB from minecart ride. Shoot switch to open gate and get 3 B's(60) on way to Kasplat. Get Blueprint. exit/enter
19. Get 5 B's(65) in route to gate. Open gate and shoot balloon(75). Get GB. Enter T&S portal.
20. Tag DK and fight boss. Activate W1 on way to blast barrel game. Get 5 B's(60)/GB from blast barrel.
21. Drop down and shoot balloon(70). Get 5 B's(75) on warp pad for medal and proceed into cave.
22. Get blueprint. End of segment.

Notes.
2. Activate W1 during cutscene.

Segment 4.
Swim to K Lumsy Island and activate W1. Trade in key 1. End of segment.

Segment 5. (Aztec 1) Projected completion time 0:40-0:41
DK Isles.
1. Use W1 and give key to K Lumsy. Use W1 and get rainbow coin on path to Aztec. Activate W2.
2. Get 15 shooter ammo and enter Aztec.
Angry Aztec
3. Go through tunnel with DK and shoot switches. Get blueprint. Tag Diddy in tag barrel above dirt pile.
4. Activate W1. Buy Guitar Gazump. Shoot switch to open temple. Enter temple.
5. Get 18 B's(18) and play guitar. Get 7 B's(25)from underwater tunnel. Free Tiny.(1) Get GB. exit/enter
6. Go to main area and play guitar on top of camel cage. Tag Tiny. Get 4 coins and rainbow coin.
7. Go through tunnel and get  10 B's(10) & blueprint.
8. Tag DK by 5 door temple. Use c-up glitch to enter and get GB. Exit/enter.
9. Use W1. Use W2 and proceed to llama temple.
10. Do barrel blast. Get 4 B's(4) from walkway. Shoot balloon(14) behind temple.(2)
10. Enter temple. Activate W2. Free Lanky without playing drums(3). Get GB.
11. Exit/enter. Use W1 and get 10 B's(24) from treetops. Get 3 B's(27) & GB from llama cage.
DK Isles.
12. Tag Diddy and ram gongs. Use Moontail(4) to enter bonus barrel and win game. Tag Tiny and get GB.
End of Segment.
Notes
(1) Spell Kong without raising platforms by using Chimpy Charge while standing on top.(Thanks to Manocheese for this)
(2) You don't have to walk behind the temple to shoot it. Just walk to the left side of the entrance and you can hit it.
(3) Use either c-up gitch or STVW on the gate depending on which glitch you are better at performing.
(4) This may take a couple attempts because the position of the barrel rises up and down but it should still be faster than tagging DK and either kicking or Moonkicking in to it.

Segment 6 (Frantic Factory) Projected completion time 1:44-1:47
DK Isles.
1. Swim to K Rool Island and use moonkick to reach ledge with cage. Get GB. Climb up and enter Factory Lobby.
2. Tag Tiny and enter Factory.
Frantic Factory.
2. Get 10 B's(10). Tag Lanky.
3. Get 5 B's(5) and free Chunky. Activate W1 and get GB Hit switch to open gate.
4. Get 5 B's on path to Cranky's. Buy Lanky's upgrades. Get Tiny and Diddys upgrades. Tag DK.
5. Shoot balloon(10) and get DK's upgrades. Tag Chunky and buy upgrades. exit/enter
6. Activate W2 on path to block tower room. Get blueprint. Go to Funkys and activate W5. Buy pineapple launcher.
7. Tag Lanky and buy Grape Shooter and Ammo Belt 1. Tag Tiny and buy Feather Bow. Shoot balloon(20).
8. Go to Tiny's GB room and get 10 B's(30) & GB. Tag DK.
9. Get 5 B's(15) and photograph fairy on path to GB room. Shoot balloon(25) . Get GB. Tag Diddy.
10. Get 20 B's(20) while climbing tower. Get GBGB. Tag Lanky.
11. Get GB and go to R&D section. Play piano game for GB and shoot balloon(20). Get blueprint. Get 15 B's(35). Use W2 Get 5 B's(40). Warp back.
12. Tag Tiny. Get 10 B's(40) on path to racing game. Get GB. exit/enter and use W2.
13. Tag Diddy. Go to switch room and shoot 3 balloons(50). Get GB. Tag DK.
14. Pull lever and tag Chunky. Get Battle Crown on way to GB room. Shoot balloon(10).
15. Get 10 B's(20) while fighting Bad Hit Detection Man(thats his new name). Get GB. exit/enter
16. Shoot balloon(30) above opened hatch and use W1 getting 10 B's(40)
17. Enter dark room and get 15 B's(55) & GB. Get Rainbow coin. Tag diddy.
18. Use Moontail to get on top of door by tag barrel. Jump to power shed platform. Get GB. Tag DK.
19. Play blast barrel and get 20 B's(45). Activate DK arcade. Jumpkick to power shed platform.
20. Turn factory power on and get 15 B's(60) & GB.
21. Tag Chunky, climb pole next to purple Kasplat, get GB behind gate.
22. Go to DK arcade room, use W5, capture fairy. Tag DK, use W5, get GB, get Nintendo Coin.
23. Enter portal, tag Tiny, fight boss. Get 5 B's(45), get GB, get blueprint. Tag Diddy.
24. Get10 B/s(60) and blueprint. Pound switch. Climb up and tag Chunky.
25. Jump down getting 5 B's(60) and hit switch. Use W4. Get 15 B's(75) & GB. Tag Diddy.
26. Get 5 coins and shoot balloon(55). Get 20 B's(75) on path to bonus barrel. Get GB.
27. Tag Diddy. Get 15 B's(75) on path to GB. Get GB.
28. Tag Lanky. Shoot balloon(50) and get 25 B's(75) on path to GB. Get GB. Tag DK.
29. Get blueprint and drop down. Enter room and get 15 B's(75) & GB. exit
DK Isles
30. Pull lever and play drums. Get GB. Tag Chunky. Smash crate.
31. Photograph banana fairy and tag Tiny. Get Blueprint.
32. Jump down and enter Snide's room. Tag Diddy and get GB. Tag Chunky and bet battle crown.

Notes.
11. Use W2 to the main lobby and back for 10 of these.
12. Its faster to exit/enter than to walk back. This may be true for DK also but I think its pretty close.
13. Backflip up instead of climbing the ladder.
19. Use this trick 2.
20.Getting the extra 5 bananas from the blast course and the extra 5 in the cabin is faster than getting the balloon. The time lost doing the kickjump is more than made up for by exit warping out of Chunkys room with the treasure chest.

Segment 7. (Crystal Caves)
5RS=5 roomed shed(the one with 2 Diddy rooms) 5RI=The igloo with one room for each kong
DK Isles
1. Use Moonkick to break into caves lobby.
2. Tag Chunky and smash ice walls.
3. Tag DK and get GB.(1) Tag Diddy and use rocketbarrel to get GB,
4. Tag Lanky and get blueprint. Enter Caves.
Crystal Caves
5. Get 5 B's(5) on path to tag barrel. Tag Chunky. Go to ice gate by Cranky's and smash it.(2)
6. Go to Crankys. Buy Super Simian Slam and Gorilla Gone. Tag Lanky. Buy Orangstand Sprint.
7. Tag Tiny. Buy Monkeyport. Jump down and activate W4.
8. Get 3 B's(3) in river while going to tag barrel near Ice Palace. Tag Lanky.
9. Enter lower room. Shoot balloon(15) and get GB(3). Enter chimney with one baboon balloon. Get 5 B's(20). Race beetle for GB.
10. Use baboon balloon to float to Kasplat. Get 20 B's(40) & blueprint. Activate W5.  Jump down towards tag barrel.
11. Tag Chunky. Put rock on switch(13 B's(13)). Tag DK. Get blueprint.
12. Tag Diddy. Go to Funkys. Buy Homing Ammo and Ammo Belt 2.
13. Get 5 B's(5) and get rocketbarrel. Get 5 B's(10) & GB.
14. Fly to tag barrel by single room sheds. Tag Lanky. Get 5 B's(45) from music pad and enter.
15. Get 5 B's(50) & GB. Exit. Shoot balloon(60) behind waterfall.(4) Tag DK.
16. Enter DK's shed. Get 5 B's(5) & GB. Get Battle Crown. Exit.(5)
17. Tag Tiny. Activate W2. Get blueprint and shoot balloon(13). Float over to 5RS. Tag Diddy.
18. Shoot balloon(20) and enter top room. Use Moontail to get into Rocketbarrel. Get 15 B's(35) & GB. Photograph fairy.
19. Enter lower room. Get 5 B's(40) & GB. Leave. Tag Chunky.
20. Enter his room. Get 20 B's(33) & GB. Leave. Tag DK.
21. Get 5 B's(10) and enter room. Get GB and 5 B's(15). Leave. Tag Tiny.
22. Enter room and get 10 B's(23) & GB. Shoot balloon(33). Leave.
23. Jump up to W5 pad and use it.(6) Float to mini-monkey barrel. Enter cave.
24. Shoot balloon(43) and use Monkeyport. Get 5 B's(48) & GB. Monkeyport back. Use W4.
25. Get 2 B's(50) from river and enter cave. Get 5 B's(55) & GB.
26. Leave and tag Chunky in big boulder room. Put boulder on switch(11 B's(44)).
27. Enter T & S portal and tag DK. Fight boss. Shoot balloon(25) and get 3 B's(28) from tunnel.
28. Get 5 B's(33) and use blast barrel. Get 15 B's(48) & GB.
29. Tag Diddy and jump down to W4 pad. Shoot balloon(50). Use W4.(10 B's{60}). Get blueprint[/color].(7)
30. Use W4. Use STVW to enter Diddy's room of 5DI. Shoot balloon(70) and get GB. Leave. Use Moontail to get 5 B's(75) from stalagmite next to tag barrel.
31. Tag Lanky. Use STVW to enter room. Shoot balloon & get 5 B's(75). Get GB. Leave.
32. Tag Tiny. Get 5 B's(60) from W3 pad and use STVW to enter room.
33. Get 5 B's(65) and shoot balloon(75). Get GB. Photograph fairy. Leave. Tag Chunky.
34. Use STVW to enter room. Shoot balloon(54) and get GB. Get blueprint. Get 5 B's(59) & GB from island. Tag DK.
35. Use STVW to enter room. Get 5 B's(53) from door. Get 2 B's(55) & GB. Shoot balloon(65). Leave.
36. Use W1 and get 10 B's(75). Tag Chunky. Use W2 twice for 10 B's(69) Break ice wall near entrance.
37. Get 6 B's(75) in tunnel and GB.  End of segment.

Notes.
1. Throwing several oranges makes it easier to get boosted into the lava.
2. Use as much underwater swimming as possible.
3. If you follow the thing around and flip the switches to DK as he hits them you can build a big enough lead so that you have time to shoot the balloon while waiting for the timer to run out.
4. There is a spot between the plank and the fence on the side with the shack where you can hit it without worrying about the zinger.
5. Hit the switch to go to the section with the battle crown pad during the GB dropping animation.
6. tiny can just jump up from in front of her door and pull herself up.
7. If the large guy up top starts raining stalactites on you just use the warp and shoot the balloon after you warp back.

Key to know which door to enter in the 5 roomed igloo. (what you will see when looking at the right door from inside the igloo)
DK. When looking at his door you will see an igloo.
Diddy. The pillar with the W4 pad on it will be in the background.
Lanky. His door points toward the W3 pad. Look for a bunch of Tiny bananas.
Tiny. There is a large sheet of ice/crystal on the wall above her door.
Chunky. You will see his GB from the smashed igloo just off to the right of the door.

Segment 8. (Gloomy Galleon)
DK Isles.
1. Tag Chunky and use STVW to enter Galleon lobby. Get blueprint. Enter Galleon.
Gloomy Galleon.
1. Get 2 B's(2) on way to warp W1 area. Activate W1 and W2 while getting 5 B's(7).
2. Use cannon and get 3 B's(10) from pathway to Troff and Scoff door. Activate W3.
3. Go to treasure chest room getting 5 B's(15) total. Photograph fairy and get GB. exit/enter(1)
4. Get GB from cannon game without raising water level. Shoot balloon(25).
5. Glitch to lighthouse area and raise water level.
6. Swim to Snide's and tag Tiny.
7. Shoot balloon(10) and get 5 B's(15). Use W3. Get 5 B's(20) and blueprint. Use W3. Trade in 4 blueprints.
8. Tag DK. Shoot balloon(10) circling lighthouse. Enter lighthouse.
9. Shoot balloon(20). Get 20 B's(40) and activate lighthouse for GB.
10. Play barrel blast and get 15 B's(55). Free seal.
11. Tag Chunky by Snides. Enter kremling ship and get 25 B's(50)/GB. Exit ship.
12. Tag Diddy at closest tag barrel. Hit switch on pirate ship and get blueprint.
13. Use rocketbarrel to shoot balloon(10) above seal cage and get 10 B's(20) from top of lighthouse. Get GB. Play guitar.
14. Use STVW on way to mechanical fish. Get GB(2) and then get 20 B's(40) from around grating.
15. Surface and activate W4. Glitch into Diddy's room in 5DS and get 9 B's(49) and GB.
16. Get 6 B's(55) on way to treasure room. Pass Enguarde gate with STVW. Tag Lanky. Climb tower getting 5 B's(5)/GB.
17. Tag Tiny. Shoot balloon(30). Get 5 B's(35).
18. Tag Diddy. Use STVW to enter treasure chest.  Collect eggs and leave.(3)
19.  Shoot balloon(65) and climb tower for GB. Use W4.
20. Tag DK in Candys area. Get GB from seal. Race seal for another GB. 21. Get 15 B's(70) from underwater tunnel. Glitch into DKs room in 5DS. Collect 5 B's(75) and get GB. Use W4 and get blueprint. Use W4 again.
22. Tag Chunky. Glitch into room of 5DS and get . Get 15 B's(65) from tunnel and proceed to Funkys area.
23. Shoot balloon(75) and get blueprint. Tag Diddy. Shoot balloon(75).
24. Tag Tiny. Enter sub without mini monkey. Get GB from submarine. Swim to 5DS and glitch in. Use STVW to get fairy easily. Get 15 B's(50) and GB.
25. Swim over to and glitch into 2DS. Get 10 B's(60) and GB(4). Leave and enter T&S portal.
26. Tag Lanky. Fight boss. Enter room in 2DS.  Get to GB room without Enguarde. Get 10 B's(15) and GB and leave.
27. Surface and use W2. Shoot 2 balloons(35) and win battle crown. Use W2 again.
28. Shoot balloon(45) over top of 5DS. Get 5 B's(50) by Enguarde crate. Use STVW to enter 5DS.
29. Get 15 B's(65) and GB. exit/enter. Get blueprint and use STVW to go to lighthouse area.
30. Get 5 B's(70) from chest with STVW 5 B's(75) from nearby Enguarde and transform into Enguarde(5).
31. Use Enguarde to smash chest for GB. Get GB and tag Tiny.
32. Enter mermaid house and get GB. exit/enter and get 15 B's(75) from cannon area . exit.
DK Isles
33. Use STVW to get GB from lobby.

Notes.
1. You can save and exit before the fairy fills up your items and still get credit for it but I generally don't do this to make sure I don't run out of shooter ammunition.
2. If you hit the top 2 targets at the same time you can score a hit on both in the same round.
3. You can also use STVW to escape the clams if they close on you. Some of the clams can also be entered with STVW.
4. The camera is really bad when trying to get into Tiny's door so I just go to Lanky's section and use STVW to reach Tiny's section. Unless you do a perfect job of getting into Tiny's door I'm pretty sure that this is a little faster.
5. For the chest below where you enter the lighthouse area use STVW on the keyhole. On the other chest use STVW on the side where the chest is sticking up in the air a little bit.

Segment 9.
1. Use W1. Trade in key 6. Trade in key 4. Trade in key 3.

Segment 10 (Fungi Forest)
Important: Avoid homing ammo at all costs unless stated otherwise.
DK Isles.
1. Roll counterclockwise around island and use cannon. Enter forest Lobby. Enter with DK.
Fungi Forest
2. Head through tunnel to Giant Mushroom area collecting 5 bananas(5).
3. Enter mushroom and shoot switch. Tag Chunky. Shoot switch and climb mushroom for 16 bananas(16).
4. Drop down and tag Diddy. Shoot Switch. Tag Lanky. Shoot switch and shoot balloon(10).
5. Tag Tiny. Shoot switch and pound switch getting 5 bananas(5). Climb up and get GB from bonus barrel.
6. Exit mid level door and get blueprint. Shoot balloon(15).
7. Jump down and tag Diddy. Get 10 bananas(10) and use rocketbarrel to reach bonus barrel above mushroom. Get GB.
8. Fly to door to Kasplat area. Enter and get blueprint and 2 bananas(12)(1).
9. Exit and tag DK. Play blast barrel for 10 bananas(15) and GB.
10. Jump down and get 10 bananas(25) on way to 2nd level door. Enter.
11. Jump down and shoot switch.
12. Pound switch and use cannons for 15 bananas(40) and GB.
13. Tag Lanky and shoot balloon(20). Tag Chunky and get 5 bananas(21).
14. Activate warp i and go to Chunkys room. Get 5 bananas/balloon(36). Get GB.
15. Drop to Kasplat and get blueprint. Shoot balloon(46).
16. Jump to blast barrel pad area and then jump to W5 area. Tag DK. Use W5 10 bananas(50).
17. Go clockwise and tag Lanky. Pound switch on top for 5 bananas(25).
18. Enter dark side room and get 10 bananas(35)/GB. Leave. Pound switch and enter light side room.
19. Get 5 bananas(40)/GB. Drop to battle crown pad and get battle crown. Jump down and shoot switch.
20. Go through tunnel getting 10 bananas(50). Get blueprint.
21. Get 8 bananas(58) and get GB from rabbit(2) Activate W4 during one of the races. Run to tag barrel. Tag Tiny.
22. Get 13 bananas(28) from outside stump and get GB and seed inside. Exit.
DK Isles.
23. Shoot switch and photograph fairy. Enter.(3)
Fungi Forest
24. Shoot feather switches and tag Chunky. Get 5 bananas(51) from W2 pad and enter tomato area.
25. Tag Tiny. Get 10 bananas(38) from mushroomtops on way to tree. Get GB. Get 5 bananas(43) from mushroom top on way back.
26. Tag Chunky. Get 14 bananas(65) and squash tomatoes. Carry apple to apple spot and get GB.
27. Get 5 bananas(70)and enter well. Get GB. Enter shed backdoor.
28. Use c-up glitch to enter spider room. Destroy spider(4). Break both boxes and get 5 bananas(75medal) and play triangle to activate crusher.
29. Take barrel to front room and crush it and the 2 others. Get GB.
30. Tag DK. Break box and get 5 bananas(55). Get GB without pulling levers. Tag Tiny.
31. Use mini-monkey to enter back room. Get GB from spider room and 20 bananas(63) total.
32. Exit and get 2 bananas(65) from stream. Use STVW to reach area with DKs kasplat.
33. Shoot balloon(75medal). Enter T & S portal and tag Chunky. Fight boss. Tag DK.
34. Get blueprint. Get 5 bananas(60) and pound switch without Strong Kong.
35. Enter shed and break box. Get 5 bananas(65) and GB from bonus barrel. Photograph fairy. exit/enter
36. Get 10 B's(22) while getting rocketbarrel and shoot night switch. Use W4 for 10 B's(32)
37. Tag Diddy. Go clockwise around tree and do the following in this order:Get 5 B's(37). Play Guitar. Get 5 B's(42). Get Rocketbarrel.
37. Get 10 bananas(42) from tree base and play owl game. Get 5 bananas(47)/GB from tree top. Tag Lanky.
38. Use W3. Use W1 getting 5 bananas(63). Use baboon balloon and enter attic collecting 10 bananas(73). Get GB. Get 2 bananas(75medal) from roof and tag Diddy.
39. Climb mushroom and shoot balloon(57) by Snide's. Use STVW to get GB from cage(4).
40. Go to area with Diddy's shed. Tag DK and shoot balloon(75medal). Tag Diddy.
41. Get 8 bananas(65) and enter. In following order get 5 bananas/GB/5 bananas(75medal) and photograph fairy. Exit Forest.
DK Isles.
42. Shoot mushrooms in following order. (Diddy,DK, Lanky, Chunky, and Tiny. Tag Chunky and get battle crown.
43. Tag Diddy. Get GB from cave on DK Isles. Get GB from bonus barrel above top of DK Island. End of Segment.

Notes.
1. Depending on what the Kasplat does you may be able to get 3 bananas here. If so skip one from around the base of the tree with the owl.
2a. Its possible to get the blueprint during the first race against the rabbit if you do the beginning well. Kill it with the attack you get from the banana fairy. If you get bad luck(the zinget hits you) don't risk it. Just run to the Kasplat with Orangstand Sprint after the second race and get it then.
2b. Activate W4 during one of the races.
3. Doing this now avoids having to go out of the way collecting crystal coconuts.
4. Chunky instantly kills the spider on the second shot. Tiny has to hit it 4 times where it will drop down and then she has to hit it again. The time saved from killing it with Chunky more than makes up the time lost from making the extra trip.

Segment 11. (Creepy Castle)
LTR=Room in basement with Lanky and Tinys GB's.
DDCR=Same but with DK,Diddy,Chunky.
DK Isles.
1. Go to K Lumsys with Lanky. Use Orangsprint to get GB. Give Key 5 to K Lumsy. Get GB from behind cage.
2. Enter Castle lobby and tag Tiny. Enter Castle.
Creepy Castle
3. Cross bridge and climb tree. Ponytail twirl to ledge by steps. Run to Kasplat and get BLUEPRINT(1). Enter Crypt.
4. Enter Tinys section of LTR. Get 5 B's(5). Get GB without Super Duper Simian Slam. Death warp.
5. Buy Sniper Sight(2). Shoot balloon(15). Tag Lanky.
6. Get 10 B's(10) and enter LTR. Get GB without playing Trombone(3). Shoot balloon(20)
7. Death warp out and tag Diddy. Get BLUEPRINT and shoot balloon(10).
8. Enter DDCR and activate W1. Go to coffin room and get 5 B's(15) & GB. Shoot balloon(25)(4) Use W1 again.
9. Leave and tag Chunky. Enter DDCR and activate W3. Get GB. Use W3 again on way out.
10. Leave and tag DK. Enter DDCR. Get 5 B's(5). Shoot balloon(15). Get GB.
11. Exit/Enter and get 5 B's(20) from bridge. Open tree and enter.
12. Get BLUEPRINT and shoot balloon(30).
13. Use STVW to reach GB chamber a little faster. Get 5 B's(35) & GB. Photograph fairy.
14. Leave tree and activate W4. Climb castle while collecting 20 B's(55). Tag Tiny.
15. Get 10 B's(25) while climbing to Cranky's. Buy Super Duper Simian Slam. Get Rareware Coin.
16. Continue climb to garbage can collecting another 8 B's(33). Enter can and get 5 B's(38) & GB.
17. Climb castle for 7 B's(45). Tag Diddy and open Ballroom. Tag Tiny and enter Ballroom(5).
18. Monkeyport for10 B's(55) to shed with car. Monkeyport10 B's(65) to pillar room and shoot balloon(75). Monkeyport back.
19. Photograph fairy and race car for GB. Leave Ballroom and tag Diddy.
20. Enter Ballroom and shoot balloon(35). Get 15 B's(50) from candletops. Get GB(5).
21. Jump to Rocketbarrel and fly to top of castle. Get 5 B's(55) & GB. Jump down and tag DK.
22. Enter Library. Get 15 B's(70) & GB. Leave and roll to back up to castletop.
23. Tag Lanky. Enter tower and shoot balloon(30). Get GB.
24. Leave and tag Chunky. Jump to musuem. Enter musuem.
25. Shoot balloon(10). Get 5 B's(15) & GB. Leave and walk to greenhouse area(6).
26. Enter Chunky's shed and shoot balloon(25). Get GB.
27. Leave and fight boss. Finish fight with Lanky.
28. Enter greenhouse. Get 25 B's(55) & GB. Get Battle Crown.
29. Jump to Kasplat and get BLUEPRINT. Enter tunnel backdoor.
30. Tag Tiny and get GB. Tag Chunky and enter Dungeon.
31. Smash gates and shoot 2 balloons(45). Smash gates to reveal Diddy bananas in DK's section.
32. Tag Diddy. Get 10 B's(65). Shoot balloon(75). Get GB.
33. Tag DK. Get 5 B's(75) & GB. Tag Lanky.
34. Shoot 2 balloons(75). Get GB. Deathwarp and tag Chunky.
35. Exit Dungeon and get BLUEPRINT. Get a total of 15 B's(60) from Tunnel(7).
36. Exit Tunnel and enter tree. Get 5 B's(65) & GB. Shoot balloon(75). Exit castle.
DK Isles
37. Remove rock and tag Lanky. Get GB. Tag DK  and shoot switch. Tag Diddy and get blueprint. End of segment.

Notes.
1. Climb the tree at the other end of the plank bridge and jump over to the ledge.
2. Tiny now buys Sniper so that she can get the balloon and avoid pointlessly walking around the castle for bananas later on.
3. Doing a midair attack while jumping to the GB makes this trick very easy.
4. Hit the switches in the order 1,2,3,4,4 so the ghosts don't get in the way when putting in the combination for activating the GB.
5. You have go past the ballroom a little bit and then backtrack but its still faster to do this along with getting the other bananas instead of walking around the castle.
6. Its faster to walk out of the musuem and then to the greenhouse area than it is to exit warp and use W4.
7. Chunky's balloon in the tree is very easy to hit fast so its a good idea to skip bananas here while cutting corners to save some time.

Segment 12. (Hideout Helm)
1. Tag Tiny and use Monkeyport. Get GB and photograph fairy. Enter Helm Lobby.
2. Tag DK and get blueprint. Tag Chunky and get GB. Enter Helm.
3. Make sure to get all 5 banana medals when turning off the power.(You will be Diddy now) Get Battle Crown.
4. Use glitch to skip Crown gate. Open Rareware coin and Nintendo coin gate. Photograph fairies and get Key 8.
End of Segment

Notes.
2. DK can orange boost to the platform to the Kasplat to skip using the switch. Chunky can orange boost to his bonus barrel game and then orange boost again to B Locker. This skips using gorilla gone and the animation of the vines becoming visible.
3. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you get the banana medal after turning the power off in each section. Even if you stay in the Blast-o-Matic room and go back for them after the power is off the WILL still be hollow.
4. Its very worth it at this point in this run to open that door and walk through to be 100% guaranteed that the key will count.

Segment 13.
Use W1 and turn in key 8.

Segment 14. (Angry Aztec 2)
DK Isles.
1. Tag Chunky and use W2. Remove boulders from music pads and play triangle for GB. Jump to starting area.
2. Tag Lanky and use W2. Play trombone to activate rocketbarrel barrel. Enter Aztec.
Angry Aztec
3. Use W1 and enter temple. Go to room with bird. Get 12 B's(12), Battle Crown, and GB.
4. exit/enter Use W1 and head through tunnel to crankys getting 5 B's(17) from path and 5 B's(22) from W3. Tag DK.
5. Shoot 2 balloons(47) and tag Chunky.
6. Become Hunky Chunky. Get GB without putting rock on switch.
7. Use W2. Enter temple. Get 25 B's(25) from alcove. Get 4 B's(29) on path to klaptrap room. Get GB. exit/enter
8. Get 3 B's(32) from tunnel and 20 B's(52) in vase room. Get GB. Use W1 and tag Diddy. Shoot balloon(30) and get blueprint.
9. Use W2(5 B's{40}) and get 6 B's(46) on path to area with gongs. Ram gongs.
10. Use rocketbarrel and get 5 B's(51) while freeing bird.
11. Fly to tower area and get 5 B's(56) and GB. "lose flying game"
12. Play game against bird and get 5 B's(61) on top of camel temple. Get GB,
13. Fly to top of 5DT. Hit switch and get 4 B's(65) from ramp. Use c-up glitch to enter temple.
14. Shoot balloon(75) and get GB. Leave temple on your own free will. Use Sniper to feed Totem from further to save time.
15. Tag Tiny. Get 5 B's(15) from path and 25 B's(40) from treetops. Enter temple. Photograph fairy and get GB. exit/enter
16. Use W1 and enter temple. Get GB from klaptrap room and 5 B's(45) on way out of temple. Use W2.
17. Get 5 B's(50) and race beetle for GB.
18. Tag Chunky by Snides and get 3 B's(55).
19. Tag DK and get 3 B's(50)on way to llama temple. Stomp switch to open cave while getting 5 B's(55).
20. Climb up and activate W1. Tag Tiny. Photograph banana fairy and get 5 B's(55) while going through tunnel.
21. Get 10 B's(65) & GB without pounding switches. Use W2.
22. Shoot balloon(75) and use W1. Tag Lanky.
23. Enter room and get GB from shooting game. Proceed to instrument pad and raise pathway to blast barrel.
24. Play barrel game for GB and use W2. Get blueprint and warp back.
25. Get 5 B's(27) above warp pad and use c-up glitch to enter cage room. Shoot 2 balloons(47) and escape.
26. Get 3 B's(50) on way out of temple.
27. Get 15 B's(65) from treetops. Enter 5DT. Shoot balloon(75) and get GB. Leave temple.
28. Tag DK. Get 20 B's(75) in cave. Get GB. Run to 5DT with Strong Kong. Enter and get GB. Enter T&S portal behind temple. Tag Chunky and fight boss.
29. Enter 5DT(1) and shoot 2 balloons(75). Get blueprint & GB.
End of Segment

Notes.
1. Climb the tree and jump off the top to get to Chunkys door very fast.

Segment 15. (Jungle Japes 2)
DK Isles
1. Tag Chunky and swim to banana fairy island. Activate W5. Go to island and photograph fairy. Become Hunky Chunky. Pound island down.
2. Use Swim through shores to get GB from cage on DK Isles. Get GB from destroyed island. Enter Japes Lobby.
3. Remove rock and tag Lanky. Get GB and enter Japes.
Jungle Japes
4. Use W1 and backtrack into tunnel. Get 5 B's(5)/GB.
5. Return to main open area. Proceed to peanut gate getting 3 B's[8] from hill. Enter.
6. Shoot balloon(18). Get 20 B's(38)/GB. Photo fairy. Exit/enter.
7. Tag Chunky. Use STVW to enter underground cavern. Get 10 B's(10)(1).
8. Get blueprint and GB. Deathwarp and use cannon to exit.
9. Throw boulder towards tag barrel. Get GB. Tag Lanky. Swim across and go to kasplat area.
10. Get 7 B's(45). Get blueprint. Shoot balloon(55). Get GB.
11. Go to Cranky's area. Shoot balloon/Get 5 B's(70). Pound switch. Use W4 and W2 on way to GB.
12. Drop down and use W4. Tag Tiny. Shoot balloon(10). Follow banana trail to fairy lake(17).
13. Shoot balloon(27) and photograph fairy. Use STVW to get GB(2).
14. Swim across and enter tunnel. Get 5 B's(32). Get 5 B's(37)/GB(3).
15. Get blueprint on way to beehive area. Get GB from stump. Get 5 B's(42) and enter beehive.
16. Shoot balloon(52) and pound first switch. Pound second switch. Get 8 B's(60)/GB. Exit beehive.
17. Use Mini-Monkey to get 15 B'(75Medal) on path to tag barrel. Tag Chunky.
18. Use Hunky Chunky to get 20 B's(30)/GB. Jump through beehive with Hunky Chunky(4).
19. Shoot 3 balloons(60) and throw rock back through tunnel. Pound switch(5).
20. Get 5 B's(65) from rock and 10 B's(75Medal) from Funky's roof on way to getting GB(6).
21. Trade in 8 blueprints and get 8 GB's. Tag DK. Trade in 8 blueprints and get 6 GB's.
22. Tag Diddy. Trade in 8 blueprints and get 8 GB's. Tag Lanky. Get 5 B's(75Medal) and trade in 8 blueprints for 8 GB's.
23. Tag Tiny and trade in 4 blueprints for 4 GB's(7). End of Segment.

Notes.
1. You can jump across and skip a pretty significant part of the winding path. Just go straight and jump towards the banana bunch and roll in midair.
2. Walk along the right wall in the fairy lake area until you get just far enough into the water to dive. Turn 90 degrees to the right and use STVW at that point. Swim towards the tag barrel along the surface of the water until you get close where you will suddenly be underwater again but still OoB. Swim to the surface again and jump into the cage for the GB.
3. Get 5 from in the tunnel and 5 more from the cage with the bonus barrel game.
4. Come slightly from the left side of the entrance and do a running jump rolling in midair above the door and you should make it through without much difficulty.
5. Give up Hunky Chunky here so that you don't have to backtrack into the tunnel for the balloons after trading in the blueprints.
6. If you are in danger of not making it to the cage skip the bananas atop Funkys and get them afterward.
7. Tiny will have previously traded in 4 blueprints in Gloomy Galleon.

Segment 16.
1. Tag Tiny and use W5. Get GB from cage behind island.
2. Enter and get Rareware GB.

Segment 17.
1. Roll counterclockwise around island. Enter K Rools ship.
2. Fight K Rool.

Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-08-01 05:17:50 pm
I did a practice run today that came out at 1:15. Based on comparisons with other completed attempts, I estimate that the lowest the in-game time could be is 1:15:24 and the highest is 1:15:48. I estimated the time lost from the biggest mistakes at 0:01:23, so if I fixed only those, my time would be between 1:14:01 and 1:14:25. Either way, I don't think the rest of the run had enough mistakes to make 1:12 possible (or at least feasible for me). So, my new target is 1:13.

Quote from leftysheroes:
Yeah I was going to do that after all the stage routes are completed to figure out the DK bananas anyway but I could do it now and just put the Crystal Caves route in later. I'll definetely use the spoiler tags otherwise it could quite possibly be the longest post in SDA history.

Okay, thanks.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-08-01 08:47:27 pm
Quote from Manocheese:
I did a practice run today that came out at 1:15. Based on comparisons with other completed attempts, I estimate that the lowest the in-game time could be is 1:15:24 and the highest is 1:15:48. I estimated the time lost from the biggest mistakes at 0:01:23, so if I fixed only those, my time would be between 1:14:01 and 1:14:25. Either way, I don't think the rest of the run had enough mistakes to make 1:12 possible (or at least feasible for me). So, my new target is 1:13.

I'm currently looking for an OoB either in the room with Chunkys cage or Crankys room that could possibly be used to get into the room with the block tower. If I succeed in finding one that could potentially make 1:12 possible for you again.

EDIT: I think I have a way to use DK's jumpkick to the power shed in the Frantic Factory. I can replace his bananas with 5 from the blast barrel(doesn't take long) and the other 5 in the shed. I should have the modified route done later.
EDIT 2: The new factory route is posted in the route.
I found a few more tricks for my run (#1 and #2):

The second one allows me to go through the tunnel as DK again, so I took out the rainbow coin behind K. Lumsy and reverted the changes that resulted from adding it.

Quote from leftysheroes:
DK Isles.
1. Use W1 and give key to K Lumsy. Proceed to Factory Lobby and tag Tiny. Enter Factory.
Frantic Factory.
2. Get 10 bananas and pound switch on way to storage room. Tag Lanky.
3. Get 5 bananas and free Chunky. Activate W1 and get GB. Hit switch to open gate.
4. Get 5 bananas on path to Cranky's. Buy Lanky's upgrades. Get Tiny and Diddys upgrades. Tag DK.
5. Shoot balloon and get DK's upgrades. Tag Chunky and buy upgrades. exit/enter
6. Activate W2 on path to block tower room. Get blueprint. Go to Funkys and activate W5. Buy pineapple launcher.
7. Tag Lanky and buy Grape Shooter. Tag Tiny and buy Feather Bow. Shoot Balloon.
8. Go to Tiny's GB room and get 10 bananas and GB. Tag DK.
9. Get 5 bananas and photograph fairy on path to GB room. Shoot balloon and get GB. Tag Diddy.
10. Get 20 bananas while climbing tower. Get GB. Get 5 bananas on descent. Tag Lanky.
11. Get GB and go to R&D section. Play piano game for GB and shoot balloon. Get blueprint.
12. Tag Tiny. Get 10 bananas on path to racing game. Get GB. exit/enter and use W2.
13. Tag Diddy. Go to switch room and shoot 3 balloons. Get GB. Tag DK.
14. Pull lever and tag Chunky. Get Battle Crown on way to GB room. Shoot balloon.
15. Get 10 bananas while fighting Bad Hit Detection Man(thats his new name). Get GB. exit/enter
16. Shoot balloon above opened hatch and use W1(10 bananas) Enter dark room and get 15 bananas.
17. Get GB without hitting switch. Get Rainbow coin. Tag diddy.
18. Go to factory room and get 7 bananas and blueprint. Hit switch.
19. Use Manocheese's trick to get to power shed platform. Get GB.
20. Play blast barrel and get 20 bananas. Activate DK arcade. Jumpkick to power shed platform.
21. Turn factory power on and get 15 bananas and GB. Go to DK arcade room.
22. Play DK arcade for GB,Nintendo Coin. Use W5 and tag Chunky. Photograph fairy and use W5.
23. Get GB from bonus barrel behind gate. Enter T&S portal and tag Tiny. Fight boss.
24. Get 5 bananas and GB. Get blueprint on path to storage room. Tag Lanky.
25. Hit switch and get 15 bananas while climbing up to W4. Tag Chunky.
26. Use W4 and hit switch. Use W4. Get 20 bananas for medal and GB. Tag Tiny.
27. Get 5 coins and shoot balloon. Get 20 bananas for medal on path to bonus barrel. Get GB.
28. Tag Diddy. Get 15 bananas for medal on path to GB. Get GB.
29. Tag Lanky. Shoot balloon and get 25 bananas for medal on path to GB. Get GB. Tag DK.
30. Get blueprint and drop down. Enter room and get 15 bananas for medal. Get GB. exit
DK Isles
31. Pull lever and play drums. Get GB. Tag Chunky. Smash crate.
32. Photograph banana fairy and tag Tiny. Get Blueprint. End of segment.

Notes.
12. Its faster to exit/enter than to walk back. This may be true for DK also but I think its pretty close.
19. Use this trick 2.
20.Getting the extra 5 bananas from the blast course and the extra 5 in the cabin is faster than getting the balloon. The time lost doing the kickjump is more than made up for by exit warping out of Chunkys room with the treasure chest.

A few things:

• How will you get up to Lanky's switch in the Storage Room with DK? If you are using the backflip trick, it seems faster just to jump down from the R&D room (and you get 10 bananas that way).
  • After turning the Production Room power on, it seems faster to do this (from the route I posted a while back):
    19. Tag Chunky, climb pole next to purple Kasplat, get GB behind gate.
    20. Go to DK arcade room, use W5, capture fairy. Tag DK, use W5, get GB, get Nintendo Coin.
    21. Enter portal, tag Tiny, fight boss. Get 5 B, get GB, get blueprint.
    This saves some traveling time with Chunky.
  • Going to the Production Room and back with Diddy (step 18) seems pretty slow. Did you time it and see whether or not it was faster than my method?

• You are still getting more bananas than necessary.
  • Bad Hit Detection Man indeed.
First off I agree that your method for getting Diddys bananas, bluperint and hitting the switch is better.

To get up to the switch with DK I just jump up it. You just have to jump the instant he starts sliding and I usually can get up to the top and over to the shed platform in less than 10 seconds. It only takes a second or 2 to the the extra banana bunch in the power shed and 4 or 5 if done well to get the extra bunch in the blast barrel. I'm pretty sure that is faster than walking out of Chunkys room in the R&D tagging DK and then shooting the balloon and jumping down to the shed.

The only kong I remember getting to many bananas was Diddy and I was going to take out the 5 bananas when descending the block tower so he would end up with 75.
Quote from leftysheroes:
The only kong I remember getting to many bananas was Diddy and I was going to take out the 5 bananas when descending the block tower so he would end up with 75.

He actually only gets 2 too many. I'd recommend taking out 2 of the 7 on the bottom floor of the Production Room.
For now I am going with your after production route but I have another idea that I'm not sure about.
It would go something like this.
1. Tag Tiny. Get blueprint on way to DK arcade room. Get 5 bananas and GB. Use W5 and tag DK.
2. Photograph fairy and use W5. Get GB and Nintendo coin from DK arcade. Enter T&S portal.
3. Tag Chunky and fight boss. Get GB from bonus barrel. exit/enter Use W1.

The main advantages would be not having to run back to the DK arcade room with Chunky and not having to run back to the storage room with Tiny.
The disadvantages are the time lost exit warping and using W1 along with however much time is lost in the Mad Jack fight by not being able to make diagonal jumps. That is the main problem since the switch pattern is random and sometimes I don't need a diagonal jump at all and sometimes I'll need several. Each time that a diagonal jump is needed it loses I would estimate 3 seconds.
Bisu ftw!
Sorry for breaking 100% discussion.. for the any% run:
I've found a video in AA lobby and the trick is pretty easy to do (not directly helpfull but could be a way of going OOB then jumping into the stage passing B.Locker

the video show tiny going throught chunkys door because she's stopped by the text animation.  We might be able to go OOB with c-up glitch over the not-flipped area.  I haven't been lucky yet but it could be the key for a 5 bananas runs (1st, diddy's, 3 blueprints)

PS: If you're going throught the door directly, you get into a small black room, not OOB Cry but if the door is not there, maybe you could simply walk at the right of the little room

anyway, hope someone will have better chance than I
Does it work with other Kongs? Because we wont have access to Tiny before AA
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-08-04 01:32:59 pm
Quote from Magben:
I've found a video in AA lobby and the trick is pretty easy to do (not directly helpfull but could be a way of going OOB then jumping into the stage passing B.Locker

the video show tiny going throught chunkys door because she's stopped by the text animation.  We might be able to go OOB with c-up glitch over the not-flipped area.  I haven't been lucky yet but it could be the key for a 5 bananas runs (1st, diddy's, 3 blueprints)

PS: If you're going throught the door directly, you get into a small black room, not OOB Cry but if the door is not there, maybe you could simply walk at the right of the little room

There is one major problem with Manocheese using that for the any% run. There is a switch that you need to pound with Chunky behind the rock wall that Tiny opens with the feather bow. Until you do that there is a rock slab over that door and Wrinkly won't come out. The only way it would work is if you could do it on Diddys door but I tried it quite a bit a while back and couldn't do it most likely because Diddys wrinkly door is farther back than Chunkys.

BTW the any % run is already 5 bananas(Japes Lobby entrance,in front of Diddy's cage, banana in Diddy's cage, DK's blueprint, and Diddy's blueprint). If there was a way into AA without 5 bananas it would bring it down to a 4 banana run. The Japes lobby entrance and the banana in front of Diddy's cage are mandatory. 2 Blueprints are also needed since its probably impossible to beat HH in under 11 minutes for the any% route.(Sub 11 HH I believe is theoretically possible with Orangstand Sprint and the Mini-Monkey and Hunky Chunky messages from the bird(lose 2-3 seconds each) already done earlier.
Bisu ftw!
sorry double-posted
Bisu ftw!
Quote from leftysheroes:
Quote from Magben:

There is one major problem with Manocheese using that for the any% run. There is a switch that you need to pound with Chunky behind the rock wall that Tiny opens with the feather bow. Until you do that there is a rock slab over that door and Wrinkly won't come out. The only way it would work is if you could do it on Diddys door but I tried it quite a bit a while back and couldn't do it most likely because Diddys wrinkly door is farther back than Chunkys.

BTW the any % run is already 5 bananas(Japes Lobby entrance,in front of Diddy's cage, banana in Diddy's cage, DK's blueprint, and Diddy's blueprint). If there was a way into AA without 5 bananas it would bring it down to a 4 banana run. The Japes lobby entrance and the banana in front of Diddy's cage are mandatory. 2 Blueprints are also needed since its probably impossible to beat HH in under 11 minutes for the any% route.(Sub 11 HH I believe is theoretically possible with Orangstand Sprint and the Mini-Monkey and Hunky Chunky messages from the bird(lose 2-3 seconds each) already done earlier.

I meant going OOB over the UNFLIPPED-rock, with c-up glitch, since we know this part of wall is a little further, I'll try again tonight but it seems there are 2 stacked wall Tongue
And I thought the route was 6 bananas because we were needing 3 BP but if sub 12 HH is ok well even getting in AA without 5 GB won't skip a big amount of time

Quote from Phallosvogel:
Does it work with other Kongs? Because we wont have access to Tiny before AA

You can with Diddy and Tinny, don't know if it work with other kong
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-08-04 06:39:19 pm
Unfortunately, even if there was a way into AA with less than 5 GBs, it would save very little time. You still need 4, so you would only skip the one inside Diddy's cage. This means that you would need to use STVW to get to the cave that leads to Cranky and to get to DK's Kasplat. You also would need to take time to actually perform the hypothetical glitch to get past B. Locker in the AA lobby, so you could even lose time overall. A good any% timesaver to look for now would be a way into the AA lobby without the first key.

I worked on both AA 101% routes today and found several improvements. I still have to iron some things out, so I'll probably post the updated routes tomorrow.

EDIT: I keep forgetting to post this. Here's something on David Wonn's site that could help in Crystal Caves:

Quote:
Chunky goes through ice
by David Wonn

In the Crystal Caves level, there is a rock and five green bananas encased in ice. In order to perform this glitch, DON'T melt the ice. Instead, take Chunky Kong there and go into the Chunky barrel to become Hunky Chunky. Walk up to the ice structure, hold Z and press B to perform a Primate Punch. This will make Chunky go partially through the ice. Now hold B and you can pick up the boulder right through the ice! Take caution because if you shrink while inside the ice, you'll be trapped! You'll need to select Exit Level to get out if Chunky reduces to normal size.

It's been a while since I've played that section, but IIRC, you should be able to use that trick to skip hitting a switch elsewhere in the level to break the igloo.
I've actually been working on Crystal Caves and I'm pretty sure that the switch that you put the rock on doesn't appear until you put the rock on the other switch. Along with that there are 13 bananas for Chunky in that area.

The biggest trick that I have found on Crystal Caves recently is in the blast barrel of all places. On the first shot if you let it go all the way to the left and shoot into the left barrel instead of going after the bananas you can skip I estimate 67% of the blast barrel course. The only drawback is having to replace the 10 bananas from the blast course elsewhere but I can think of a couple balloons that I could work in so it shouldn't be a big problem.

I also added the trick to spell kong without ramming the switch when freeing Tiny to the Aztec 1 route. Diddy doesn't need the coins over by the switch anyway.
You can use savewarping to save some time before Jungle Japes. Here's what seems like the fastest way to do so:

Pre-Jungle Japes 101% Route (from new game)
-----Segment 1-----

1. Talk to Cranky and beat training barrels. Glitch past gate.
2. Swim to Banana Fairy Island and activate W5. Get camera and quit game. *

-----Segment 2-----

3. Go to K. Lumsy's island and activate W1. Open Japes and get rainbow coin. Quit game. *

-----Segment 3-----

4. Get GB outside Japes lobby. Enter Japes.

Notes:

When I say "quit game", you have to actually pause and select "quit game" because the game doesn't autosave certain things.

3. If you pause just after grabbing the rainbow coin, you can skip the bird's text.

A few improvements in Jungle Japes 1:

• Activate W1 in the main area during the cutscene that plays when you first enter that area.
  • Get 4 bananas before entering the mine area, then 1 before the second time you enter. Then you only need 2 from the stream.

As far as Angry Aztec goes, I noticed that it takes a long time to get out of Chunky's room in the 5-door temple, so I tried to come up with a route that would exit warp or end the segment after getting the GB there. I couldn't think of one, though. Maybe you'll have better luck. Although I didn't change that, I did change some bananas. In particular, I chose faster bananas for Chunky, DK, and Lanky. I also moved DK's GB next to the llama cage to AA 2. If you get it in AA 1, you have to enter the level, use W1, and run over to it. By getting it in AA 2, you have to make one extra tag and you have to run there and back (actually, you get to swing there; I moved his 15 bananas above the trees to AA 2 as well, so you are already on top of the trees and you can get to the llama cage more quickly). It just doesn't seem faster to get that GB in AA 1. Also, you forgot to get Lanky's GB above the stone snakes in the llama temple, so I added that in and changed a few thing around in the llama temple. Anyway, here are the routes I came up with:

Angry Aztec 1

-----Segment 4-----

1. Activate W5. Use W1 and give key to K. Lumsy. End segment.

-----Segment 5-----

2. Get rainbow coin and activate W2 in front of Aztec. Get 15 ammo in lobby and enter.

Angry Aztec

3. Shoot switches and get blueprint. Continue through tunnel.
4. Buy Bongo Blast. Get rainbow coin.
5. Tag Diddy. Activate W1 and buy Guitar Gazump. Shoot balloon in front of temple and enter.
6. Pound switch and get 18 B. Play guitar. Get 7 B en route to Tiny's room. Free Tiny and get GB. Exit level and reenter.
7. Use W1. Play guitar on top of llama cage. Get 5 B en route to Cranky.
8. Tag DK and shoot 2 balloons. Activate W3 and fight boss. *
9. Tag Tiny and get blueprint. Get 10 B in tunnel, activating W2. Turn in blueprint.
10. Tag DK and turn in blueprints. Get 3 B en route to llama temple. Do Barrel Blast. Get 4 B and enter temple.
11. Go counterclockwise. Get 3 B and play Bongos. Get 3 B and pound switch. Get 3 B and activate W1. Get 1 B. Free Lanky and get GB. Leave temple.
12. Go through Strong Kong cave without Strong Kong, collecting 20 B. Get GB. End segment.

Notes:

8. Get DK between the boss and the barrel before you pick up the barrel. Doing so seems to reduce the chance that the boss wil block the barrel.

Angry Aztec 2

DK Isles

1. Tag Chunky and use W2. Remove boulders from music pads and play triangle for GB. Jump into tag barrel.
2. Tag Lanky and use W2. Play trombone and enter Aztec.

Angry Aztec

3. Use W1 and enter temple. Swim to Battle Crown room, collecting 4 B. Get 5 B and pound switch. Kill bird and get GB. Get Battle Crown.
4. Exit level and reenter. Use W1, W2, and W3. Get 6 B.
5. Tag Chunky. Become Hunky Chunky in tunnel. Glitch through cage and get GB. Use W2 and enter temple.
6. Get 25 B around torch. Get 4 B on slope and play triangle. Get GB. Exit level and reenter. Get 3 B and enter vase room. Get 20 B and GB. Exit level.
7. Tag Diddy and ram gongs. Tag Tiny and get GB. Enter Aztec. *
8. Use W1 and enter temple. Use STVW to get to GB room. Get GB and 5 B. Leave temple. *
9. Tag DK. Get 15 B from trees and swing to llama cage. Get GB and 3 B.
10. Tag Diddy. Use Rocketbarrel to get blueprint. Use W2 (5 B). Go left and get 3 B. Get 3 B in gong area and ram gongs.
11. Get Rocketbarrel. Fly through sun three times (5 B). Get GB above tower to trigger loss of race. Restart race. *
12. Get 5 B above llama temple while flying through rings. Get GB in sun. Fly to top of 5-door temple.
13. Pound switch and jump down. Get 4 B and use C-up glitch to enter temple. Shoot balloon and get GB. GET OUT. Feed totem pole.
14. Tag DK. Shoot switch and enter 5-door temple. Get GB and GET OUT.
15. Tag Chunky. Shoot switch and enter 5-door temple. Shoot 2 balloons. Get blueprint and GB. GET OUT. *
16. Tag Tiny. Get 5 B on path to temple. Climb tree and get 5 B. Shoot switch and enter temple. Photograph fairy and get GB. GET OUT.
17. Go counterclockwise around temple, collecting 20 B.
18. Tag Lanky. Shoot switch and enter 5-door temple. Shoot balloon and get GB. GET OUT. Get 15 B on treetops roughly on path to llama temple. Get 5 B near tag barrel next to Snide's. *
19. Tag Chunky near Snide's and get 3 B. Tag Tiny. Get 5 B near tower and shrink. Play saxophone and get GB from race. *
20. Enter llama temple. Shoot balloon and activate W2. Photograph fairy and shrink. Get 5 B en route to lava room. Get 5 B, get GB, get 5 B, and use W2. Use W1.
21. Tag Lanky. Shoot switch and kill enemies. Get GB and 5 B. Use W1 (5 B). Use W2 and get blueprint. Use W2. *
22. Play trombone and get GB above snakes. Go to room with Lanky's cage and shoot 2 balloons.

Notes:

7. If you're having trouble on that infernal fly-swatting minigame, which is even worse than Beaver Bother IMO, remember that the fly will slow down if you stop swatting for a few seconds.
8. It is faster to leave than to exit level and reenter.
11. When I got the GB on top of the tower, I didn't lose the race immediately. I had to fly over to the bird.
15. Climb one of the trees next to the 5-door temple instead of using the stairs when you enter with Chunky and Lanky.
18. The last bunch here is in the tree that is close to the tag barrel near Snide's, but far away from the tower. I timed this bunch versus Lanky's bananas in the Battle Crown room and in the llama temple.
19. Attack the beetle at the start of the race.
21. I realize that there is a lengthy cutscene that plays when the ropes leading to the 5 bananas here appear, but IIRC, the enemies will attack you while you are shooting the heads if you don't kill them, so you might as well do so. Killing them triggers the cutscene, so you really only lose the amount of time spent grabbing the bunch.
Edit history:
leftysheroes: 2009-08-05 07:48:28 pm
I agree about the slowness of exiting the 5 door temple with Chunky. The only real idea that I have for that would be to get all 25 of Tiny's bananas from around the 5 door temple before entering. After that exit warp immediately upon getting the GB and reenter and do the race against the beetle. The path to and completing the llama temple would be same as always except that you would exit the llama temple and go over to and complete the 5 door temple doing Chunky's part last. I'm not sure that both exit warps save enough time to warrant the extra running around though.

For Lankys 5 bananas in his GB room in the llama temple you don't actually have to kill the enemies and trigger the ropes. You can jump into the lava and backflip to grab them.

I never really had a problem with Big Bug Bash or any of the mini-games other than the previously mentioned Beaver Bother which I now have a real good strategy for and Minecart Mayhem which is the only videogame available to play in hell I'm pretty sure. The Minecart Mayhem in the Creepy Castle is particularily awful because the 2 carts actually make an intelligent effort to trap you and there is no way to predict what there going to do.

Even though I attack the beatle when playing the race it really isn't a neccesity for beating the race since I usually win that race by at least 4-5 seconds.

On to the any% do you think the new route improvements that you found will make 1:12 or perhaps 1:11 possible for your run again. Not having to do the blast barrel should save at least 30 seconds.

EDIT: I think that I may be able to make my Aztec 2 idea work. If I warped out of the 5 door temple with Tiny I should get her GB from the Klaptrap room after that point since I can leave the temple and W2 is right there to head to the beetle race. Lanky would be the one that would leave the camel temple and he would collect his 15 bananas on the path back to the 5 door temple. The biggest problem that I'm having is this removes Chunky's 3 bananas from by the tag barrel by Snides and they have to be replaced somehow unless Tiny goes to that barrel after winning the beatle race and tags Chunky for them. Unfortunately with that you would have to tag Tiny right back in.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2009-08-07 01:13:38 am
Quote from leftysheroes:
On to the any% do you think the new route improvements that you found will make 1:12 or perhaps 1:11 possible for your run again. Not having to do the blast barrel should save at least 30 seconds.

I don't think so. I made my last estimate after finding a way into the llama temple with Diddy. Getting in with DK doesn't save enough time to push the time to 1:12 unless some other timesavers are found.

Here's a video I forgot to upload when I made my last post:

EDIT: Some of you have already seen DK64's page in the new SDA Strategy Wiki:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/kb/index.php/Donkey_Kong_64

It's a place to organize speed run-related knowledge of the game. Feel free to contribute to it. I think the general structure the page has now (i.e. separate sections for general techniques and level-specific ones; sections for bosses and minigames; etc.) should work well, so if you have a major change in mind, discuss it on the talk page ("discussion" at the top) first. Otherwise, go ahead and just add stuff as you see fit. Any further discussion should probably take place on the talk page to keep this thread focused.
I've made some major edits to the Aztec 2 route. Aztec 1 now needs a major overhaul as well.

It is possible to get Tiny's GB from the Aztec lobby without Pony Tail Twirl. DK can jumpkick to the barrel and play the game. You still have to tag Tiny to pick up the GB though. I'm thinking of using this for the 15th GB in the Aztec 1 segment. If I do I will be able to glitch into Lanky's room and buy the drums at FF. I would then get DK's bananas and hit the switch to open the cave on the trip in in Aztec 2 and move DK's trip into the 5DT till after the camel temple and get the GB then.

For the any% route the entrance to JJ is right below where you would fall off behing AA. I was wondering if after opening JJ if you could walk the path to AA and get the rainbow coin then and drop to the JJ entrance whether that would save time by making it unnecessary to collect some banana coins that you get already.

I'm almost done with the preliminary Crystal Caves route I should have it added to the main route sometime this evening along with the changes to Aztec 1.
Quote from leftysheroes:
For the any% route the entrance to JJ is right below where you would fall off behing AA. I was wondering if after opening JJ if you could walk the path to AA and get the rainbow coin then and drop to the JJ entrance whether that would save time by making it unnecessary to collect some banana coins that you get already.

I don't think that would save time. The only coins that would be skipped are 5 of Diddy's in JJ, and those don't take much time.
The preliminary Crystal Caves route has been added to the 101% route. I also added a key to help figure out which door to jump in when you use the STVW glitch to enter the respective rooms of the 5 room igloo.