Sad
<- 1  -   of 26 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Now that we know the 9:55 is possible, I demand it !
Willing to teach you the impossible
So many speedrunners do now know this. Any speedrun, no matter length, that requires physical stress at the same level of mental stress really brakes the player. I know some players rage and act out, but the high demand of skill and physical stress of Contra and Super C (Contra Any>Super C Low>Contra Low>Super C Any) is a true testament to the persons will if they do attempts for more than 1.5 hour sittings.

DK, I hope you get it soon. I know the high that Contra can give and I damn well know the lows it can give. Please finish this soon.
Edit history:
DK28: 2015-05-18 04:35:48 pm
DK28: 2015-05-18 04:34:02 pm
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Thank you Heid!  And no promises Dueceler.  Wink

The crux of the matter is I really believe 9:55 to be about human limit.  In theory, a 9:54 could happen, but the likelihood of a run with 100% perfect RNG and human execution in a 10 minute run borders unreasonable, especially with Contra.  (Even more so considering the random jump values in Waterfall which can NOT be manipulated at this point in time, with current knowledge)

Still sticking it out for the 9:56 though.  It will be happening any day now...
Speedrunner
DK, you got this. Matter of days now!

And what ever happened with the stage clear glitch? Did we get any clearance at what could have caused it?
Edit history:
DK28: 2015-05-19 04:14:45 pm
Thanks dxtr!  Definitely coming soon.  Smiley

And as of now the wrong warp is a dead end.  I sent the raw files to Mr K for review and I believe he was going to forward to Adelikat or somebody in the TAS community, but no new developments unfortunately.  If we do figure it out, it will knock off quite a bit of time.
Edit history:
Verz: 2015-05-24 01:35:36 am
10:36 - http://www.twitch.tv/verzviper/c/6734962
Played on fceux 2.2.0 with a gamecube controller.
Base stages and bosses need tons of work. No flame jump. No barrier in Hangar.

I submitted to speedrun.com as well.
Edit history:
Hurblat: 2015-05-24 03:12:36 am
Nice Verz! Welcome to the leaderboard Smiley
Verified on speedrun.com too.
Edit history:
ZmicK_TricK: 2015-05-25 09:54:51 am
mmmBUBBLE!!!
Hello, all! This is my first post and I'm happy to be here!

I've been running Contra on-and-off for a few weeks now. My new PB, from just a couple of days ago, is 11:37.50. My first sub-12 run! There are a few mistakes I made that I usually don't make and a lot of time to save in level 4. I'm sure I'm up for a sub-11 run soon enough, even with my current level of skill.

http://www.twitch.tv/zmick_trick/c/6734362

This run was on EMU, Jnes 1.1 using an iBuffalo (famicom clone) controller. The controller is capable of turbo, but I had it turned off and, in fact, never use turbo for speedruns.
Welcome to the leaderboard ZmicK_TricK! Sub-11 next? Smiley
mmmBUBBLE!!!
Thank you! It's the first run I've submitted anywhere for any game. (also just submitted to speedrun.com, awaiting confirmation)

I've yet to finish watching heidrage's tutorial on youtube, so there might be even more "easy" time to save than I'm already aware of. So yes, I'm thinking sub-11 is realistic in the near future.

Also, while I'm currently on EMU, I would like to snag a console sometime soon. I'm crossing my fingers that the input timing isn't so off that I feel like I'm starting all over again.
Verified on speedrun.com.
Switching from emulator to console shouldn't be too bad. Takes surprisingly little time to get used to the difference.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
So I played some tonight, got an 11:04 after being 16 seconds behind at the end of snowfield. I got gold splits in all 8 levels at some point - so hopefully PB soon?
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Nice man! Good to hear you're giving Contra some more attempts! Get dat sub 10:30 Tongue
Edit history:
DK28: 2015-06-04 11:14:46 am
DK28: 2015-06-04 11:14:21 am
Been tired the last couple days, but need to update this thread with The New 9:56!

My new goal is 9:54, this run would have been that, except for Energy Zone BS.  Tune in to catch it live.  The way I've been playing, the 9:54 will happen any moment.
The time is dropping every night, we have the 9:55!  Tune in, the 9:54 should be here next time...
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I anxiously await the 9:54 - my body is ready and it's so damn close! Keep it up DK!!
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2015-06-12 03:39:50 pm
Master-88
Thats simply crazy how his consistent make sub 10 minutes runs. I think he are did sub 10 minutes run at least 10 or more times. Nobody cannot even make it once.

I remember time when Frezy 10:17 was nearly impossible beat. I think its impossible many peoples. I personally stop speedrun Contra because my elbow injury got hurt so much smashing. I got still 11:01. I was overal very pleased. I think i´ll hope my elbow will be better sometimes and back the run game sub 11 minutes.

But congratrs DK28. I think when you got 9:54 you want go 9:53 next. You never will too happy.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
9 5 3
Congrats DK!
Thank you zallard and SHR!

The 953 is real!  Considering my 9:55 was 3 frames from a :54, I knew the :53 could happen.  And it did! 

This is my Contra masterpiece.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
You da monkey, DK!  Or is it ape?  Whatever!  9:53!!!
Thanks Uilnslcoap!!

And just like that Japanese Contra goes down in flames in a blistering 9:31!

Contra always kills runs with the 'One bullet special' where the boss or enemy has 1HP left.  Well last night I gave Contra the one night stand.  This was about 45 minutes of attempts...
Willing to teach you the impossible
DK be like "Red Falcon... GTFO"
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Watching these runs over the last couple weeks has been a treat DK. The consistency at which you've been playing is amazing and the 9:53 is easily one of the greatest speed runs ever done
Yes Heid, except that's being polite.  Wink

And thanks Deuceler.  I may still grind J contra just a tad more...