Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Man, Ni no Kuni would be a sick one to do!! I'm about 1/2 way through the game casually, but I may be interested in taking on that endeavor
Persona 3 -$30

1. Single segment
2. Any%
3. Under 10 hours.
4. Easy is fine
5. PS2/PSN.
6. Cannot be NG+.

I want to see if anyone can actually find a way to get this game down into a reasonable zone.
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-12-16 11:57:17 am
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from The_Scrivener:
Persona 3 -$30

1. Single segment
2. Any%
3. Under 10 hours.
4. Easy is fine
5. PS2/PSN.
6. Cannot be NG+.

I want to see if anyone can actually find a way to get this game down into a reasonable zone.

Any time limit ('to be done by 2016' or such)? Any requirement such as 'needs to be submitted to SDA'?

Inb4 Nev either claims or declares it impossible Kappa.
< ^ > < ^ >
Persona 3 -$30

1. Single segment
2. Any%
3. Under 10 hours.
4. Easy is fine
5. PS2/PSN.
6. Cannot be NG+.

Just a note, lol.

Quote from VorpalEdge:
I like the game a lot and you couldn't pay me to verify something like this, sorry.  It just isn't a good idea.

Maybe if you new game + a good ending run it would be watchable (in the sense that the viewer could skip through the 29 days per month of 'go to school, go home' and watch the one day of tartarus), but then it would almost certainly shatter SDA's time limit.  I know Enhasa said in the ffx update that he didn't really know if a time limit would exist when push came to shove, but he wasn't considering p3. :/

Also: you can hold triangle to skip through cutscene dialogue really fast.
King Arthur's World (SNES) - $133.37
1. Single segment.
2. Under 1.5 hours.
3. Deaths not OK (No units can die).
4. Must be accepted by SDA.
5. SNES - Controller or SNES mouse OK.
6. Must start from beginning with no passwords (duh).

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $13.37
Same as above except:
1. Under 2 hours.
2. Deaths OK (units can die and KA can die if you have 100+ gold to restart level).

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $5.00
Same as above except:
1. Segmented OK.
2. Under 2.5 hours.

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $1.00
Same as above except:
1. Under 3 hours.

Expires 7/14/14
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from OtakuSRL:
Just a note, lol.

Quote from VorpalEdge:
I like the game a lot and you couldn't pay me to verify something like this, sorry.  It just isn't a good idea.

Maybe if you new game + a good ending run it would be watchable (in the sense that the viewer could skip through the 29 days per month of 'go to school, go home' and watch the one day of tartarus), but then it would almost certainly shatter SDA's time limit.  I know Enhasa said in the ffx update that he didn't really know if a time limit would exist when push came to shove, but he wasn't considering p3. :/

While we're on the topic of quoting people:
Quote from Neviutz:
Anyways, to give some input on this.
You can always just assume that the fastest known run on games that aren't SMB1 or so is actually beatable.

In terms of what Ragnarok said 4 years ago, his logic was flawed to begin with. Full Moon bosses will wreck you if you just go to the dorm and sleep for 30/31 days a month, regardless of how easy Chidori might be. Additionally, you wouldn't want to run bad ending anyways since about all SMT and Persona games are usually done with best ending on hardest difficulty.
Aside from that, Persona 3 is not speed run unfriendly, the issue just lies in figuring out what you need to make it speed run friendly, similar to Persona 4. Given that it's turn based and you can manipulate the AI it's not any harder/luck dependent than other turn based RPGs, take FFX for example.
Both from the Persona 3 thread
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from JarJarJar:
King Arthur's World (SNES) - $133.37
1. Single segment.
2. Under 1.5 hours.
3. Deaths not OK (No units can die).
4. Must be accepted by SDA.
5. SNES - Controller or SNES mouse OK.
6. Must start from beginning with no passwords (duh).

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $13.37
Same as above except:
1. Under 2 hours.
2. Deaths OK (units can die and KA can die if you have 100+ gold to restart level).

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $5.00
Same as above except:
1. Segmented OK.
2. Under 2.5 hours.

King Arthur's World (SNES) - $1.00
Same as above except:
1. Under 3 hours.

Expires 7/14/14

If you're serious about this, then you should register so you can be contacted later. I've considered this game in the past, but it's so slow. I think under 2 hours is stretching. Also Controller > Mouse controls, for anyone else considering this.
Quote from OtakuSRL:
Persona 3 -$30

1. Single segment
2. Any%
3. Under 10 hours.
4. Easy is fine
5. PS2/PSN.
6. Cannot be NG+.

Just a note, lol.

Quote from VorpalEdge:

Perhaps I'll do a NG+ w/ no dialogue skips instead of doing a competitive run. Along with Silent Hill 2, I sometimes run games in a slower manner to ensure it's entertaining to watch. Shrug.
Doom 2 - 500$

1. Single Segment
2. UV-Speed or NM-Speed
3. Improvement over current record (23:25 UV-Speed by Looper), (29:37 NM-Speed by Henning)
4. Vanilla, Cndoom or Chocolate Doom
5. Must be Recorded in demo format. AKA Recorded internally not externally.

No Time Limit
Has anyone ever thought to offer a bounty for the finding of a specific glitch or setup for a glitch? Would that even be a good idea? I feel like the nature of glitches in many games would make this kind of thing difficult though.

Say you ask for a glitch to be found, and someone finds a glitch that does almost what you want or maybe something else entirely but still saves a lot of time. Or maybe you ask for a setup but the setup someone finds is a series of frame perfect actions that turns out to be too difficult to do in runs or something. Do they still get money?

It seems like a headache, but I know there are dedicated glitch hunters out there who could probably find a lot of stuff if they had incentives to do so. Just look at what sockfolder has done to basically everything he touches lol (and he doesn't even get paid!). I know me and Peaches would probably be able put up a pretty good reward for a Blast Corps triple railhop setup Smiley

Anyway, let me know what you think.
< ^ > < ^ >
Quote from Graviton:
Has anyone ever thought to offer a bounty for the finding of a specific glitch or setup for a glitch? Would that even be a good idea? I feel like the nature of glitches in many games would make this kind of thing difficult though.

Say you ask for a glitch to be found, and someone finds a glitch that does almost what you want or maybe something else entirely but still saves a lot of time. Or maybe you ask for a setup but the setup someone finds is a series of frame perfect actions that turns out to be too difficult to do in runs or something. Do they still get money?

It seems like a headache, but I know there are dedicated glitch hunters out there who could probably find a lot of stuff if they had incentives to do so. Just look at what sockfolder has done to basically everything he touches lol (and he doesn't even get paid!). I know me and Peaches would probably be able put up a pretty good reward for a Blast Corps triple railhop setup Smiley

Anyway, let me know what you think.

I guess if it's a few bucks, but nothing more, this could work. More of paying for a service than paying for something you'd enjoy watching, maybe, a few times, but still. Sounds nice. Hopefully people that do it for free don't become scarce, though.
Edit history:
BroBuzz: 2014-03-12 09:25:29 pm
BroBuzz: 2014-03-12 09:23:43 pm
Super Mario 64 (N64) - $50

1. 120 Star
2. Sub 1:40 Time

Time Limit: In my life time
Has anyone ever tried to crowdfund a speedrun, not counting marathons? Like through Kickstarter having practice streaming, runner commentary, 100% etc. as pledges?
HELLO!
Kickstarter would laugh you out of the building for that.

Now, Patreon might be useful to support a stream, but that would be more for supporting ongoing work than a one shot deal.
Such targeted crowdfunds are mostly about one shot deals and this would count as "Film/Video" production. Though it wouldn't be nice to receive funds before the run is done. We already have a few community members owing money to other speedrunners. One even owes a couple of thousand dollars. So we should also be skeptical about Dime's "Doom 2" 500 dollar offer. Just think it be better for a third party holding the funds until the job is done.
Waiting hurts my soul...
How do you price something like that? What's the value added for your work over the hundreds of people doing it for free every day? How do you accurately measure the time to delivery? How would you distance yourself from the anticipated stigma of the request being interpreted as, "lol, pay me to play video games all day?"

The fact that people produce the same videos (maybe not the same games) at excellent quality, and provide them for free, means you'll have a hard time getting someone to pay for them. Just ask vugmer how well he did selling his videos on ebay.

Sorry for continuing the off-topic thread. We should open a new thread if there's anything more to discuss. Feel free to PM me.
Does the 12 hour SS time count if the game submitted is timed in game time under 12 hours, but the real time of the run surpasses 12 hours?
Waiting hurts my soul...
best to send a PM to the bounty poster
Of course you'll be more skeptical since it's a higher amount, but I also thought a bounty of 50$ would be stupidly underpriced for beating Looper or Henning.
Dead Rising 3 Speed Runner
Doom and Destiny - $30

Any % Hardcore
Looking for runners to work with.
Double Dragon 2 (Double Dragon Trilogy PC version) - $200

1. any%
2. Run on Twitch
3. Specific time of run - Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015 (yes - that's tomorrow), 5pm GMT / 12pm EST / 9am PST.

I'm looking for a runner willing to complete DD2 live on Twitch. I'm hesitating posting this in the bounty thread, as this is more of a marketing scheme than a real speedrun challenge - you can make as many attempts as you want in 2 hours, and you will get paid regardless of your completion time, provided you finish the game live. I'll be happy to provide additional details, and I'm sorry to bring marketing into this pristine running community ;-)
Quote from GDoc_GOG:
Double Dragon 2 (Double Dragon Trilogy PC version) - $200

1. any%
2. Run on Twitch
3. Specific time of run - Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015 (yes - that's tomorrow), 5pm GMT / 12pm EST / 9am PST.

This seems like a decent marketing strategy as I'm guessing that Steam will not update their store until around 1pm EST. This means the game would have to be purchased off GOG.com. (which I am totally fine with doing <3) I do have a couple questions however:
1. How much will the game cost? (the price is not visible as it gets released tomorrow)
2. If more than one runner completes this bounty, how will you determine who gets the money?
3. Does it matter if I play in Story or Arcade mode?
4. Is there a specific difficulty to play on?
5. Where should I send my twitch information?
Looking for runners to work with.
Nottabot!

The game will be listed for $5.99, but the person who volunteers to do that twitch run for us will get it free of charge, today.

We're only looking for one runner to make their attempt live on our channel, and this is kind of first-come-first-served basis. The first person who says they'll do it and give me any reason to believe them will get to host the event on our channel and get paid regardless how fast they're able to complete the game. That's why I was hesitant to post it here - more of a marketing ploy than an actual bounty, see?

That covers 1&2. As for the 3 - Arcade mode, I would say.

4. Standard difficulty.

5. If you're looking to actually take your chance here and apply to host the stream, drop me a note at wmroczek@gog.com. We'll talk a bit and I'll provide you with the stream key for our channel.
Thanks GDoc. I am interested but I'll have to get my streaming software set up and tested first. Thanks for the quick answer, I'll be sure to email you ASAP!
Edit history:
PerfectTaste: 2015-03-05 04:39:57 am
I would like to make two incentives for Mickey's Speedway USA (N64), deadline September 2015. It's a fairly straight-forward game - made by Rare, think Diddy Kong Racing without the A-tapping and much better feel. I’ve recently spent a bunch of hours entering all available records onto the new charts found at speedrun.com. I'll support whoever wants help with old PR videos and thoughts about certain turns and techniques.

Links to the new official rankings: http://www.speedrun.com/msusa
Old rankings: http://cyberscore.me.uk/game/443

In order to attract new talents I'm putting out two incentives:
$100 – to beat any IL world record.
$12 [4 slots for new players only] – to beat all course ghosts and then add your PR's onto the charts on speedrun.com. Will basically cover the cost of the game.