Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Just came to say that strongfox has comfirmed that his Spyro A Hero's Tail bounty did indeed have "submit by expiration date" as his guideline. @Zyre. If you don't believe me I can either invite you into the PM topic or post a picture of the PM.
Obscure games ftw
Quote from DarkBowserXI:
Quote from Strongfox:
Quote from I have no name:
Does it need to be accepted for the bounty to be paid?

Since the exact wording of the bounties is "submitted".  Does that mean submitted by that date, then later accepted?

Yes

Found the post that made this clear, I'll get in touch with strongfox anyways though

Bolded for emphasis.
@I have no name. No kidding. At the time that I posted that I didn't know my run got rejected, I always knew the run would have to be accepted in order to claim the bounty, the only reason I posted that was because Zyre purged the bounty from the list despite the fact that I was still eligble (at the time.)
Quote from DarkBowserXI:
@I have no name. No kidding. At the time that I posted that I didn't know my run got rejected, I always knew the run would have to be accepted in order to claim the bounty, the only reason I posted that was because Zyre purged the bounty from the list despite the fact that I was still eligble (at the time.)

I also want to point this out. One of the things many people did not read at first about my bounty i had posted

Quote from Strongfox:
Ok i was gone in germany for 2 weeks without any internet and i am finally back. What i meant was the run had to be submitted to SDA before or on the dew date and then i payout based on the run being accepted to SDA.
Rakuen just sent me the $50 for the Metroid Prime bounty.
If done correctly...
Strongfox hasn't sent me the $1,000 for the Stranger's Wrath bounty in over 4 months.

I didn't hear from Strongfox the first two months after the run had been accepted.

I sent him a message, and in mid May, he said he mailed the check (he refused to use paypal). In early June, after not receiving anything, he said it must have gotten lost, and that he would send another check after a week to see if the first one showed up. It didn't. Two weeks after that, he said he sent the second check. On July 2nd, it still hadn't arrived, and I told him that if it didn't arrive in the next two weeks, we would need to figure out another way for him to send it to me.

On July 19th, which was more than two weeks later, I still hadn't received anything, and told him that he should send it first class mail, and get a tracking number.

I didn't hear back from him. On July 27th, I asked him if he had sent it first class mail, yet. No response.

On July 30th, being frustrated that I had not heard from him since July 2, I spammed him with private messages asking if he had sent it with first class mail.

On August 2nd, he sends me a message,
Quote from Strongfox:
I'm not going to pay you now that you messaged me over 100 times. You don't even deserve to have the money because of you being so pushy and being an asshole.

He also tried to get me banned for sending him all those messages, but a mod didn't ban me because he saw how much trouble I've been having with Strongfox.

A sidenote: I ordered a game from Florida, which is where Strongfox says he's located, and it got here in 4 days, standard usps shipping. His check hasn't gotten here since the 4 months that my run was accepted.

I'm posting this to warn others away from attempting any of Strongfox's bounties.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately the larger the bounty, the more likely it won't be paid out (although I think this is only the second time we've seen a large bounty not get paid). The best we can do is shun the individual into owning up to their promise; however, I always take the offers here only slightly better than the request thread (i.e. choose the games I like, and if there's money  at the end then it's a bonus).
Weegee Time
Yank all his bounties and he can't have anymore until he pays up.  Simple.

$75 for a Ni No Kuni speedrun.  Must be accepted, and must be submitted by March 31, 2014.
Final Fantasy X-2 100%, 1 Canadian dollar if you get a run accepted on SDA.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Naegleria:
Final Fantasy X-2 100%, 1 Canadian dollar if you get a run accepted on SDA.

Does it include a direct visit from you where you'll sing Real Emotion and 1000 Words?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Props to Naegleria for offering the lowest value bounty. (Yes, I deem a person's two eggs to be of higher value than a dollar xþ)
Silver: Sekune Only, 100%, No heal, no saves, SS.

Whoever does that before i come to it will have my help in his fight for world domination. I will gladly look Death into his eyes to help the person who is manly enough to master this category.

To explain what is is:

Sekune only, 100%, no heal, no save is an extremely suicidal category. After getting Sekune as a character you are not allowed to use anyone except her. All other characters are pretty much forced to die over and over again. Additionally you can´t heal sekune which means you have to block alot. The only kind of heal that is allowed is the heal after bossfights. The amulet of lycantrophy is also forbidden.

The 100% definition in Silver means the following: You get all characters(even if you are not allowed to use anyone except Sekune[and david in forced fights though hes at 0hp]), all weapons(including shield and ranged weapons) and all kinds of magic weapons/spells/rings as well as all special atacks. This does not include all keys since you basically don´t need the first few for anything except useless dialogues.

For those who don´t like world domination i will add cash to the reward once  i win in a lottery cause otherwise nobody will do this anyway.
Waiting hurts my soul...
In case you didn't know, that's not an acceptable category for SDA. I'm not sure why you're posting in the cash bounty thread if you don't list a cash amount. The in your dreams thread hasn't been created yet, but the closest is the request thread for SDA accepted runs.
Let me dream my unrealistic dreams q.q
Edit history:
frozensoda: 2013-08-29 03:38:56 am
frozensoda: 2013-08-29 03:38:41 am
I have 5 of these I can give to you to use as prizes for whatever game you want, just PM me an address to send them to.

It's a 3D printed majora's mask pendant. The flat one you see in the back is only half of it, it's two sided. I suck with paint so you might paint it yourself, or leave it as is. If you don't want them, that's cool too Cheesy
Edit history:
I_eat_tables: 2013-09-19 01:48:02 pm
Fire Emblem?
I'd like to put up a bounty of $5 for every second under 4:50 (max $30 - if that's even humanly possible) for a sub-4:50 run of You Have to Win the Game, Any% SS (with deaths, if it's decided the death abuse strats should be a different category - they save around 15 seconds in a run, to the best of my knowledge). I know it's not a huge bounty. I'm poor. But hopefully it's enough to encourage at least someone to try it out and get a great run.

So a few notes about this.

1) It's a free game. That means even if you've never played it before, you can give it a go.
2) It's short. After the above giving it a go, you can try your first speedrun within an hour of getting the game. It won't be good, but it'll be a run. And as you can see from the time I'm asking for above, speedruns can finish in under 4:50. Currently my PB is 4:56, the WR (not SDA verified) is 4:51, and the SDA time is 5:17. You'll notice I'm asking someone to beat the WR time by at least 2 seconds to claim the reward. By my caluclations a very good, human possible run should get around 4:45, possibly less.
3) I want the game to get more exposure for speedrunning. I think it's a really fun speedrun game - there's speedrunning tricks from about 30 seconds in, various optimisations from before that, and rarely more than about 10 seconds with nothing happening. The last 2 minutes (of a 5 minute run) are pretty intense and trick heavy as well
4) There's a new route with new tricks, obsoleting the SDA run by perhaps 30 seconds (again, 30 seconds on a 5 minute run). I'd like to see this new route on the site, because it's really cool.

ibldedibble's run on the site is really amazing for the route it uses, I think there's maybe a second or two that could be cut off on that route. I'd like to see a human run that's as good as that using the new route.

For a runner interested in picking this up:

Roiblanc's 4:51 - seems to have a lot of lag, or otherwise be running slow, which is odd.
thread on the site (ignore the fact it's listed as 100%, most of the later discussion is about any%) - contains at least brief information on all the important tricks. The rest can be picked up hopefully through watching the videos, or asking in the thread.

I'm thinking of making a "How to speedrun YHTWTG" video at some point. If I do I'll try and put it here eventually. I'm already worried that it'll end up about three times the length of the game :P.

Offer valid until let's say hmm end of 2013 for now, but it's very likely I'll extend beyond that. If it's 2014 and you're reading this (and the bounty hasn't been claimed): PM me, I'll probably confirm it's still on.
D:
The Adventures of Rad Gravity (NES) - $100 - No category requirement or expiration date (if you're reading this years from now, please PM me to check if I'm still active).  Run must be accepted to SDA.
About the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 100% Run.
I wanna accept it, if i can do it segmented on a livestream ofcourse cleared this game like 5 times
So if Angelmark and Uilnslcoap can PM me if i can or post here Smiley
If I remember right, the bounty is met when the run makes its way through verification and gets accepted onto SDA.
True, still need to know i can do it segmented because it is kind not possible to do it in one run all the races you need to do in SA + 50 taxi mission etc and don't forget the 96 main missions
Waiting hurts my soul...
Make sure they're still around (last login times are within the week) and willing to pay if that's what you're aiming for. At least Angelmark says segmented is fine.

Quote from Angelmark:
I would like to offer $300 bounty for a 100% speedrun of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (as in game-defined, no unique jumps and stuff that doesn't count towards 100% in the menu). Only real requirement is that it gets submitted and posted on this site (SDA). Segmented or SS is up to the runner, through I strongly suggest the former for obvious reasons.
Quote from RDilux:
True, still need to know i can do it segmented because it is kind not possible to do it in one run all the races you need to do in SA + 50 taxi mission etc and don't forget the 96 main missions
It kinda is possible, seeing S did just that. You'll have to pull 20 hours from your schedule to do it, but it's possible :>
Onin 1 hour per segment should be enough Tongue
I got a job so i can't play for 20 hours right away
Anyway i gonna do it it's CJ Time
I don't think there's enough charact
So is this still a thing? Do people still do this?
How many people hating themselves for a bit a chump cash here?
Weegee Time
I don't think anyone picks a game just because it's got a bounty anymore, but it's a nice bit of extra motivation and bonus for completing a run you're already working on. Smiley