Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
So, we have a preliminary schedule out now, and the next job is contacting all the runners and making sure all who are on this list still want to come.  I know that we cut some awesome runs just due to length (and I'm very sorry about that), but we also will keep them on the waitlist in case of drops.  Please not that some estimates are increased by up to 5 minutes due to rounding and accounting for setup times.
https://horaro.org/buckeyesb2016/schedule
Is there going to be a separate thread set up for those of us that still want to attend, but may not get to run?
Hi there, im doing CV4 on SNES and I have a certain requirement of playing it on only an LCD screen, not CRT.  Is anyone bringing an LCD?  This is because of the delays between the two.  Most LCD's have a 3 frame delay, which is what im using.  I have seen some that is only a 1 frame delay, but that's rare and I cannot use it.  CRT i think has no delay.
Yeah, I'm local, and I could bring one. I will want to see the CV4 run anyway.
One of my games made the schedule and I actually remembered to put in for the weekend off, if I'm not there I've died or been paid a sitload of money not to be there thumbsup
Looks like one of my games may be getting in the marathon as well. Either way Chaos it's going to be kind of cool to hang out with you in person, instead of in my tiny little chat room.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Hype trailer is hype.

See everyone there!
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Massive thanks to TheBlacktastic for making a swell logo here for us:

Also, thanks to PrincessProto for our avatar for the event:

More layout stuff/reveal in the next few days!
Edit: If people were needing a roomate to stay at the event, we have a channel for that in our discord.  If you need a link to said discord, please PM here on SDA or email me directly at charliebrohard@yahoo.com.  Thank you.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
BIG CHANGE HERE FOLKS:  We were testing the twitch page, and it wouldn't accept Moobot commands.  So, we created a new Twitch channel (with a better URL anyways) that was having no issues with Moobot.  As a result, we have changed the twitch channel URL.  Please follow this one here:
https://www.twitch.tv/buckeyespeedbash
Wish someone told me of this.

I can speedrun Final Fantasy 1 (NES), Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis) and maybe even Dark Castle (Genesis).  Could try to do a mini-marathon to support the Bash on the 10th before the show kicks off.
Yeah, you could help with our pizza fund :).
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Reminder that we are now less than 24 hours from our scheduled time to go live!  If you want to watch an in person marathon, please follow here:https://www.twitch.tv/buckeyespeedbash and check the schedule here: https://horaro.org/buckeyesb2016/schedule
Formerly known as Skullboy
Greetings from the Warren/Youngstown area.  I'd love to be there to help represent the great state of Ohio but it didn't work out this year. Good luck everyone!
Ongoing right now. Great speedrunning event, brand new. Come and join us in chat.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Thanks everyone who watched!  We had a great time on site, and would love feedback from anyone who watched when we open up a thread in two weeks.
For the moment, we are going to set up a mini marathon with some of the runners that will be entirely online in the next few days to showcase some of the runs that couldn't make it into the schedule.  There's actually a pretty big reason for this, as the hotel was pretty terrible and then overcharged us for the conference space and also overcharged some people's cards when checking out of rooms.  We want to do a little fundraising to try to help the people who gave the most money to cover what happened.  Stay posted for more info on that.