--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Vitals Info:
What: Buckeye Speed Bash 2016
When: June 11-12th, 2016
Where: The Holiday Inn OSU http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/columbus/cmhol/hoteldetail/directions
Who: Whoever wants to come!
Why: To have a good time speedrunning!
Submit here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vfTJFvyfWiW97wkyEfYYYalucq7Nv485Il9Z2PeDxzA/viewform

Hello!  I am happy and proud to announce that a collection of us Ohio speedrunners have decided to make an Ohio speedrun meetup happen!

As of currently, this marathon has not been set up to raise money for any charities.  Our main focus currently is growing the wonderful Ohio speedrunning scene (and inviting people from outside Ohio to attend if they wish).  Also, it will be a great opportunity to meet other speedrunners from all over the state, as we have already had confirmations of attendees coming from every corner of the Buckeye state.

While there has been talk of Ohio meet ups in the past, it usually fell dead in the water secondary to where in the state it should be held: Columbus or Cleveland areas.  However, we researched both areas and found that our potential locations to rent were much more reasonable in Columbus.  As a result, the choice was made to host it in Columbus.  We also chose the dates of June 11-12 to not interfere with RPGLB, NASA, SGDQ, Midwest Speedfest and graduation dates of some of our runners who will be attending.

If you wish to attend and/or run a game, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vfTJFvyfWiW97wkyEfYYYalucq7Nv485Il9Z2PeDxzA/viewform
Note that this event is primarily to have a good time.  We want to include at least one run from every person who submits and is able to attend.  Even if you don't have a run and wish to attend, fill out the form above anyways!  Just leave the information about runs blank.  Note that submissions are live, and will probably remain so for 6 weeks.

Please note there will be a small fee to attend, as the space we're renting out is not free.  This is just so that the burden doesn't fall entirely on one person's shoulders.  However, we believe it to be about $10 per person, which I feel is very reasonable.  We'll add info on this when we see how many people actually attend.

Thank you for reading this!  If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself (You can Skype me at CosmykTheDolfyn, email me at charliebrohard@yahoo.com, or send me a PM here on SDA.  I'll respond as quick as I can) or Genocidal (you can send him a PM here on SDA).  We hope to see you soon at Buckeye Speed Bash!
Thread title:  
Games!
Was wondering when you guys would settle on a place / date. I can't think of any plans would interfere with this, so looking forward to attending Smiley

If there's anything I can do to help with planning or tech, just let me know.
We require more minerals
I assume you're going to be running a stream? How long will it be running? Is all of the streaming equipment figured out? I live in the area so will probably drop by at some point at the very least.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
The current plan is to stream to the channel of one of the organizers, Shenanagans.  We hope to have at least 24 hours between the two days, depending on the amount of submissions, this could rise.  Currently, we are looking for more equipment, but we have some contacts within the Cleveland FGC crew that will be loaning some stuff.  We aren't totally sure yet what we will get from them and what we still need.
Signed up, and I would like to help volunteer if there is ever a need Smiley
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from Felly:
Signed up, and I would like to help volunteer if there is ever a need Smiley

We'll need all that we can get Felly!  Can't wait to see you there!
Edit:  With the possibility of future events if Buckeye Speed Bash goes well, the choice was made to create a new channel.  This way, in the future, we can represent ourselves better and not have to rely on any one streamer/runner for a place.  Please note that artwork and such has not been made for the channel yet, so it is quite bare bones.  However, it does exist and here it is:
http://www.twitch.tv/buckeye_speed_bash
Hey Cosmyk, I live in cbus so if you need any assistance let me know. I signed up and everything Smiley I'm available at basically any time.
Looking forward to it, might have a game or two to add to the list in the next couple months if submissions are still open, I'm just not quite confident in my skill there just yet
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from chaos42666:
Looking forward to it, might have a game or two to add to the list in the next couple months if submissions are still open, I'm just not quite confident in my skill there just yet

On that note, we'll put the totally arbitrary date of March 19 as submission cut offs.
Update: Due to some issues on OSU's end, we are looking for a new venue. Since submissions have already come in for a Columbus event (and due to the central location in Ohio) we'll be looking for a space in that area. Currently checking into hotels and other colleges in the area but if anyone knows a good space for the weekend of June 11-12 please let us know!
I'll be there. My brother may enter as well.

Several things to consider are website, social media, OBS layouts, and sound/video for the event. I have a few mics and a mixer, but I'm not an audio expert by any means. I can program websites but am not talented artistically.

If someone attending has an XRGB I would imagine it would clean up the video nicely on everything but current/last-gen and PC.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from windcask:
I'll be there. My brother may enter as well.

Several things to consider are website, social media, OBS layouts, and sound/video for the event. I have a few mics and a mixer, but I'm not an audio expert by any means. I can program websites but am not talented artistically.

If someone attending has an XRGB I would imagine it would clean up the video nicely on everything but current/last-gen and PC.

Layouts are being handled (I've paid someone to make some, I'm sure they'll look great).  Social Media is something we need to get for sure.  Sound/video will partially be covered by some folks from the Cleveland area who have run fighting game tournaments before.
Have you guys thought about a hotel like holiday inn to rent out the conference rooms?
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from opus:
Have you guys thought about a hotel like holiday inn to rent out the conference rooms?

Genocidal and I have contacted about 10 hotels as of currently.  We are waiting back on prices of all these said spaces and will be evaluating all these options when we have prices down.  Again, this is all a bit unexpected, but we will make do and should have a new location up soon.
Hi there guys. I was actually trying to get things set up for an Ohio marathon myself, but I haven't been able to get things moving fast enough. So I am glad to see this event exists. I am going to finish up on doing the best I can with FF1 for GBA and submit it within 2 weeks with a 3:15 estimate. Even if none of my games gets into the marathon, I would like to offer my assistance in running the marathon. I would really like to learn as much as possible about running a marathon while I'm there, so I can set up my own marathons once or twice a year.

If you would like to have a charity for the event as well, I can get in contact with the fallen 15. They are the charity that I would like to sponsor and they help ex-military citizens re-integrate into society after service. If you need to know more about them, you can visit fallen15.org.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
So, as previously mentioned, we had issues beyond our control pop up with the original location.  I am now happy to say that I got a new location cleared.  It is the Holiday Inn OSU in Columbus, close to the OSU campus.  Room is for reasonable price, seats 45, and will have both wired and wireless internet.  Hotel has outdoor parking and is fairly close the Columbus International Airport in case anybody from far out of town decides to come by plane.
I'm very interested in going.  A couple of things would need to line up for me, but this looks like it would be a great 1st marathon for me to attend if all is managed well.  Good luck and I hope to see you all there.
Do you accept races? Me and a friend of mine are interested in doing one if it can be set up. If not, no worries - we still plan on submitting something.
Feel free to submit both -- we expect to have the hardware setup for races but haven't confirmed yet.
Edit history:
geridesu: 2016-02-15 07:05:52 am
Just submitted~~~
Kreygasm
I might go to this if I could get the time off.  I'll have to keep my eye out for this as it gets closer.
Is there going to be a link to see a game submission list before the final schedule?
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Quote from lightningluke81:
Is there going to be a link to see a game submission list before the final schedule?

There will be shortly, I'm making a document of the submissions now.  Sorry about the long response time.
Edit: Here it is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ptfhxr9xudTyl921umO14LTEF-yEwGiRX3ZF0jAUbro/edit?usp=sharing
Wow, cool, I saw a couple of big names on there that I didn't expect to see. Great picks for games too.
Hi
I guess I'll have to get organized and submit to this, since it will be right in my home town.
I hope people want to see pretty atmospheric games played fast (NightSky and The Great Work)