<- 1  -   of 32 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Gantor: 2016-04-09 11:31:59 pm
While testing last week I conclusively found that when you zone into the Entrance Hall from the Wine Cellar, there is an event that removes your ability to run.  After zoning into the laboratory, this status will stay and you will not be able to run until you trigger and end the next flashback.  But if you hesitate before zoning in, the event will end and you will be able to run in the lab, saving 3 or 4 seconds overall.

Quote from Teravortryx:
I found a better way to do the Choir gap jump, which is based off of Arazath's setup. My success rate with this new method is over 95%, which I'm really satisfied with.

A heads up on this strategy.  The setup varies depending upon your computer and graphics settings

First off, I normally run the game at very low resolution to reduce graphical lag.  The sweet-spot to aim the mouse pointer is so specific that I had to increase my resolution from the minimum to the maximum just to clearly see my aim and consistently get my crosshair on that point.

Secondly, that point varies.  I have two different computers I practice on.  On the first one, I can only get this strat to work by aiming slightly below the intersection of the bricks (and the sweet spot is pretty forgiving).  On the second one, it only works if I aim several pixels high (and the sweet spot is much more precise).  The strat will not work on either computer with the aiming shown in your video but it works consistently as I have described.  So if anyone can't get this to work, try moving the point up and down a bit.  I think it has to do with the specific screen resolution but more testing is needed.

Also, there is an occasional event that triggers in the zone where there is a rumbling and everything trembles for a few seconds.  This strat will not work while that is happening.

---EDIT---
I think I have figured out what it is.  My system that aimed high; I changed my screen resolution and now I have to aim low on it.  The new resolution has a different aspect ratio.  My current hypothesis is that the aspect ratio subtly affects the angle that you look down at.  It's just a few pixels, but that's all it takes.
Amnesia updated yesterday for the first time in over a year.  The strange thing is that there are no patch notes.  There is no information on this update on Steam or Frictional.

The problem is that Livesplit no longer pauses on loading screens making accurate timing impossible.  This brought my runs to a grinding halt yesterday and I couldn't find a way around it.

Furthermore, Amnesia started crashing on my rig for the first time ever.  Does anyone know why this update happened and how to fix Livesplit for it or else to roll it back?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/57300/discussions/0/361787186435738427/

It looks like they fixed a problem with alt-tabbing. The load remover plugin for Livesplit will need to be updated since it breaks every time there's a patch. Fatalis was the person that made it but he stopped working on load removers if I remember correctly.
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2016-04-27 07:57:09 am
There was a new file added called SDL2.dll (which was already mentioned) and the sizes of the exe's changed slightly. Also, the missing texture in one of the rooms in Morgue seemed to have been fixed. Also, is it just me or is the Inner Sanctum clip like ten times harder now? Whoops, I forgot to drink the laudanum at the end hehe
The Inner Sanctum clip still works the same for me.
Amnesia The Dark Descent got an update recently which broke the load remover and started causing crashes for some people, but thankfully not many files were changed. To unpatch your game, go here to download the zip file and follow the instructions: (resources section of the ATDD leaderboards)

http://www.speedrun.com/tdd/resources
I found a way to get on top of the Choir. You run OoB past the place with the last orb piece, and you have to pull off a tricky boost. To do the boost, you jump into the wall and scroll really hard, and you might also have to avoid a thing at the top or else you'll get stuck. It's probably possible to do this and do a doordive instead of death warping in a segmented setting, but it seems like it wouldn't save more than a couple seconds, if it's not slower.

This is an OoB route for Cellar Archives. It's not useful, even in a segmented setting, but I thought it was neat nonetheless.

Get over here!
I assume there's no way OoB to the last door?
You need the needle to pick the door at the end and you can't get it from OoB without falling as far as I know.
I'm pretty sure Cistern Entrance is the only map where PlayerStartArea_1 puts you on the ground instead of a few inches in the air. This means that if you spam jump on the loading screen, for the moment before the map completely loads when you are at PlayerStartArea_1 momentarily, you can get a jump. This works the same way reload warping works, which involves grabbing a door during the load.

It's pretty fun combining this with jump stacking.

Here's a strat I found early today on stream for Glitchless Justine Runs:

This let's you skip a lot of waiting around for the room to crush you. Be warned that if you take any longer than I did you just die and softlock instead of rolling the credits.
The previous segmented runs of this game by Apjjm and I were cool, but what they don't do is show you what is possible in single segment. This new segmented run is designed to show what is possible in SS, meaning no save or load related glitches were used. Saving and loading is used to split up the run into segments, and nothing else. The main differences from my last run are that I had to make my way back to the door in hub levels, I couldn't dialogue skip the flashbacks, and I couldn't save clip (which is easily replaced by slippery clipping which was first shown in phantagaming's runs).

This new run is done in 100 segments with a time of 19:28.919 GT, but if timed like my previous segmented run counting out the loading text fade, it yields a time of 19:15.439.

To see how this run stacks up against my previous segmented run and also Nosferatu and I's combined gold splits, check out the comparison timesheet here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iN09uCLvEV5tx8kVsuitMzgh0YDmbsCuVl0CnlV5lBA
Get over here!
What do you think is possible for a RTA run?
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2016-06-24 03:21:45 pm
Quote from ShadowDraft:
What do you think is possible for a RTA run?

Assuming menuing is counted out for RTA (which I don't think it is), then 17:08 I've already shown for sure, but can probably go down to a mid 16:xx.
Get over here!
No, menuing would be counted towards your time. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
Important question here.  What is the community view on auto-clickers and macros?  Also what modifications to config files are allowed?
They're not allowed. You can't use anything outside the base game that affects gameplay.
Good; that's what I thought.  Is that official or opinion?  Has it been stated before?
It's pretty much opinion and what you feel is right, and we all are pretty reasonable about it so it's fine. A lot of the runners do runs with the debug toolbar and quicksaves enabled for convenience but it doesn't affect the gameplay unless you choose for it to. Config file modifications I'd say are fine are modifying the max amount of autosaves, and the keybinds which the secondaries are broken ingame and must be modified externally.
Savagedreamlord's Any% Glitchless run from SGDQ 2016
I'm watching it atm. I want more Amnesia in AGDQ/SGDQ!

Quote from Nosferatu:
I made a few setup videos for maps that haven't been explained in a while.

Nave 3:

Cells:

Chancel 2:

These were some of the last maps I could think of that had difficult tricks that weren't explained in videos within the past few years.

What was that program you opened up at 1:15 in the Nave 3 setup video?
That's the debug toolbar. You enable it in the game's setting.

My Documents\Amnesia\Main\main_settings.cfg

Open that file in a text editor and change LoadDebugMenu="False" to LoadDebugMenu="True"

F1 opens the debug toolbar ingame.
Thanks! I'm new to this. So far, I have a 41:12 PB on Any% and im looking to improve it over time
What is the best way to get past this shadow raspberry jam to guarantee taking no damage? Positioning seems pretty inconsistent

Attachment: