--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-01 09:41:03 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-11-30 09:14:23 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-11-30 09:05:12 pm
I apologize for the confusion. After the semicolon in my times, they're frames (I recorded the segments at 30fps, the Windows 10 DVR doesn't allow 60), not milliseconds. I used frames, because it's what my video editor already gives me in the timestamp, and there's no reason for me to convert subtotals into milliseconds. This accounts for most of the difference in Elevator, which for some reason I put as Elevator 2 instead of just Elevator. Elevator 1 was supposed to be Back Hall 5
*facepalm*. The difference in timing is actually just one frame. The way I timed my segments, I took the timestamp of the frame after the loading text disappears, and subtract that from the timestamp of the frame after the loading text for the next map appears. I used the time you had on your spreadsheet (thanks for that, by the way Smiley ), and I'm actually 68.733 seconds ahead, which is still really good. I'm guessing that my final time will be super close to 18.xx, especially with a couple new routes I found.

Also, are you saying that your run is 21:21 instead of 21:31, like it says on YouTube? I didn't quite understand what you meant. Thanks.

EDIT: To clarify my confusing wording, I'm playing at 60fps, and just recording at 30fps. Time inaccuracies should average out throughout all the segments. So I'm not playing at 30. That would be bad Tongue
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-12-01 03:19:50 pm
Apjjm: 2015-12-01 02:55:35 pm
Apjjm: 2015-12-01 02:54:04 pm
What?
Ah I see.  Yeah i think my youtube run is actually ~21:21 because i clearly thought at some moment in time there was 70 seconds in a minute Tongue - The SDA run should be properly timed for sda timing, but not including the segmentation penalty & ending at "no you fool!" would give it ~21:19 rather than 21:29. Thought for clarity we should probably end timing at the credits - i will retime that segment at some point and update my spreadsheet. I think sub-19 is an achievable goal with how much time there is to save around the cistern, you might also be able to avoid the insanity which is the sewer clip i had to do in my run, becuase you may be able to clip out sooner with no flashback active, and wont have to clip out and boost completely blind - which is nice.

Will update my deltas in my post now that i know after the semi-colon is frames.
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-03 08:23:45 am
Teravortryx: 2015-12-03 08:17:10 am
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:37:02 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:36:18 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:34:01 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:29:32 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:28:36 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-02 10:27:48 pm
Here's my commentary for Chapter 1 of my segmented run:

Rainy Hall: I setup some helmets in specific spots to boost off of after the intro, and the boosts don't save that much time at all, but they looked cool so I did them. I also grab a tinderbox, which is very important.

Old Archives: The start of this map is unusual. The map fades in from white, and you hear the sound of the door closing. The first part of this map is actually the same segment as the stairs boost at the end of the Rainy Hall. I tried doing this for continuity, but it ended up being a pain, so I stopped doing this pretty soon. Also, my crosshairs disappear. This is because I took a 2 month break doing segments because SOMA came out, and I was busy with that. I had to get used to TDD again. It actually took me until the Cellar Archives to realize my crosshairs were off lmao.

Refinery: I got the OoB at the start pretty quick, and I'm able to get up with the upwards momentum from spamming jump while clipping. I got a few boosts, but I also got my momentum killed a bit in one place, but still pretty good overall.

Cellar Archives: Apjjm beat me on this map by less than a second. I probably should have jumped on the boxes at the beginning, and the final segment should have been done better.

Archive Tunnels: Very good barrel juggling, and a very good rolling barrel boost. I sacrificed almost a second at the end to keep full health, which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do Undecided Whatever.

Back Hall 1: Pretty good segment. Very fast boost, but that also means I got too much height. I got another attempt with a boost that gave me the perfect amount of height, but it was slower.

Study: Played with a route change here. Maybe saved a second off of the first half of the SS route.

Back Hall 2: First try segment. Woo. 2 frames slower than Apjjm because I purposely avoided moving my mouse during loading screens.

Guest Room: Did a difficult clip to get to the key faster.

Back Hall 3: Amazing boosts. Very happy with it.

Storage: I needed the slippery grunt glitch to happen, otherwise after picking up the second drill bit, I can't open the door because the monster's blocking it.

Back Hall 4: It's faster to walk over a trigger on the carpet, and also this is the first time I abuse saving and loading during a flashback. Every time I save and load, the game jumps to the next line of the flashback. The flash signifying the end of the flashback and also be jumped to using this method, so as a general rule, you need to save and load once more than the number of lines the flashback has. I counted all the saving and loading as one segment, since they're consecutive attempts in one recording with only loads cut out, and not failed attempts.

Machine Room: Super happy about this level. Instant lever puzzle solve using the chair, I got the cursor in place before loading the save so upon opening the menu, the cursor's already over the slot I need to use to combine the drill, and good cog juggling. For the last cog, I use a glitch where I grab it so it's far from me, and flick my mouse to get the cog to fly out of Daniel's hand onto the machine.

I'll upload the first part of Chapter 2 soon. I'll cut it off after the Sewers, so I just need to do the Sewers, and time the segments. Spoilers: I'm super happy with all the segments I got Smiley
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 11:05:28 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 11:04:24 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 11:03:35 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 10:46:13 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 10:43:27 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:18:22 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:11:26 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:09:56 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:08:06 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:07:22 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 09:05:16 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-04 08:52:23 pm
I'm done my run up to the Nave. I used another 19 segments, with a total of 58 segments so far. I'm super happy about the segments I got. A couple took a bit longer than they should have(*cough* Apjjm's Cistern Entrance boost up to the door. Apjjm, in your commentary you said you could get the boost a fifth of the time, but it took me 2 hours to get the segment Tongue ), but getting the Sewers clip in 30 minutes made up for it Tongue

I enhanced the brightness a bit, to make the darker parts easier to see.

You can choose to follow along with the commentary below if you want. Enjoy Smiley

Level by level commentary:

Prison South: had quite a bit of trouble with the clip, but I'm happy with the segment. I got a insta-clip once, which would have saved the 1 second of setup time I took in the final segment, but lost the segment to the boost after the clip. I got a good boost heading down towards the hammer which lasted to the clip, and got a good dive grab. The grunt co-operated and got stunned by the chair, and the chipper grab was a little sluggish, but was frame perfect (or maybe 1 frame off, which was omitted due to me recording at half the FPS I'm playing at). Pretty good execution with widening the hole and clicking the load trigger.

Prison North: More save/load abuse to skip through the flashback, and got a nice rolling barrel boost(the same type of boost I got in the Archive Tunnels, just without jumping off the barrel) and I use a new clip I found, which is surprisingly consistent, to get OoB faster. The clip is less out of the way than the rubble is, and you can also cut corners while OoB, saving even more time.

Cistern Entrance 1: Used Apjjm's route here. The first boost(which is to skip the flashback) is a cakewalk, fall damage skip requires getting a "crap jump" and landing on the ledge, which I have to walk off of and do the second boost, which is way harder than the first boost.

Morgue: Almost perfect. Grabbed the laudanum just in case I need it later on (much better choice than the 10 damage fall skip that cost me a second in the Archive Tunnels Tongue ). I was able to land on a tiny ledge, which is technically too small to land on. To explain this, if you go into physics debug and stand at the very very edge of a floor and jump, instead of landing the jump as expected, you will actually fall through the ground you were standing on moments ago. To land on the floor like I did, I had to get a lucky clip into the wall right as I landed, which gave me enough room to land. The reload warp is very weird also. I do the reload warp while in a weird crouched position where I'm stuck halfway in the edge of the ground. For some reason, you can only start spamming interact starting at almost the end of the load to get the warp. If you spam interact the whole loading screen, you won't get the reload warp for some reason.

Cistern Entrance 2: Nosferatu's clip is pretty legit Tongue

Sewers: I had to deal with so much BS. The clip at the start felt like a cakewalk compared to some of the other segments. The jump onto the first pipe a bit after the clip is much harder than it looks. Most of the time you would get a crap jump and not make it up. The boost right after that I was having trouble with until I found out you could snake jump at the top of it to avoid getting stuck. I took a fancy route, and got Adam AK's boost perfectly. The last segment of the Sewers really pissed me off. I tried doing what you did Apjjm, do the quick ladder climb without going inbounds, and I kept taking fall damage before the level transition. I got the segment once, with a perfect boost I don't do in the final segment that saves over half a second, but the loading screen lagged, and when the text started scrolling up, it was jumping up, so I tossed that segment and did the SS ladder climb, and didn't get the stupid hard boost. I spent two hours on that perfect last segment, and gave up. I have to draw a line somewhere Tongue

Times and comparison with Apjjm's run:

My times on the left, Apjjm's on the right, with the time difference after that.

Prison South: 55.833 / 78 (-22.167)
Prison North: 41.5 / 61.035 (-19.535)
Cistern Entrance 1: 7.066 / 8.617 (-1.551)
Morgue: 28.3 / 54.466 (-26.166)
Cistern Entrance 2: 8.133 / 23.033 (-14.9)
Sewers: 41.2 / 52.45 (-11.25)

Conclusion: In the new segments I did, I saved ~95.569 seconds. Those decimals might be wrong, since I didn't add and subtract taking the reoccurring decimals into account, but I'm not sure if that matters. Anyways, the total time saved is now ~164.302 seconds, or ~2:44.302 ahead Shocked . This puts me on pace for a final time of 18:35. My goal at this point is definitely to get 17:xx. At this point, I think it's totally possible. Smiley
Get over here!
You didn't do the full prison south flashback skip route Sad
Quote from ShadowDraft:
You didn't do the full prison south flashback skip route Sad

Are you talking about this?

It's slower by ~10 seconds in Prison South, and it only saves like 3 seconds on the next map, so it's slower. Especially because I save load abuse during the flashback anyways, which makes the time gap even larger Tongue
Get over here!
Hm weird thought full out of bounds would be faster than bothering with the grunt since you can grab all items from there too.
Quote from ShadowDraft:
Hm weird thought full out of bounds would be faster than bothering with the grunt since you can grab all items from there too.

Ah, so you mean staying OoB for the whole time after the clip? The only way to grab the hammer from OoB is to fall down, use the bed frame or the garbage can to push the hammer closer to the wall, grab it, and boost back up. You also need to drop down and boost back up for the chipper, and you have to jump through hoops to get to the bed too. It's actually quite a bit slower Tongue
Get over here!
Well the main time gain was coming from skipping flashbacks but since you're kinda doing that with save+load abuse it's fine I guess.
Thanks for pointing it out though. It would suck to find out that I took a dumb route after the run got finished!
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-12 08:36:50 am
Apjjm, sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you redo the segments you weren't happy with? I'm assuming you made sure the new autosave after a level transition has an equal or higher sanity or health value than the current segment.

I'm at the cells right now, and I'm taking your new route for fun. It's about the same speed as AndreLL's route, but more frustrating Tongue

I also decided to turn my run into a minimal damage run, since I was still at 100% health at over halfway through the game. The only place I'm going to take damage is getting captured. I'm estimating that I'm losing no more than 3 seconds overall doing this compared to a normal run, so that's pretty cool.

Thanks.
Hey Tera, I found this clip in Cells a long time ago but I never made a video on it for whatever reason. Probably because I thought it was segmented only and I didn't think anyone would ever do another segmented run.

Anyways, it's a lot better than going around the hall OoB.
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-12 03:54:38 pm
Thanks, Nosferatu. That's a pretty cool clip. It's definitely faster, but so far I've found it to be harder than spider manning around the hall.
Main Work!!!
Hello everyone, it's that time of the year(I feel like that distant uncle that appear once a year and give gifts for no apparent reason and disappear and nobody remember him xD ).

Ok first of all, nice find everyone, the route is starting to be on point, for the glitches that impressed me the most, isn't really a new find, but holy shit, the reliable method for the Choir Gap, it was the glitch I practice the most along with Archive tunnel(which last year I was starting to get reliably) but the choir stayed completely random for me. Aside from that, the change seems to be quite major, I don't know if I want to pick up that competitively again(I did a run recently for fun and I couldn't do shit, I wasn't able to do archive tunnel anymore, I had trouble with the Segmented Sewer route, was only getting the barrel armor rock break in storage 1 time on 3, still can't perform the Nave fall without taking damage xD and overall I was really sloppy, it would take so much time getting back in the game because of the following tricks: Double Barrel Archive tunnel, Storage, halfway ladder clip in sewer(this strat is godamn retarded) New Nave Strat and switchless inner-Sanctum(isn't harder but late in the run and RNG based(unless a reliable strats been found on that too?)).

I wish luck to everyone running this, I might think about picking it up but I'm more thinking about Zelda OOT MST but am mostly waiting on A Hat in Time.

PS: I don't know if someone could post me  the current "WR" I would be curious as to see where the current SS looks like. Also, has anyone beaten my glitchless run, I think nobody was interested in that category so I'm kinda curious xD .
Quote from André:
PS: I don't know if someone could post me  the current "WR" I would be curious as to see where the current SS looks like. Also, has anyone beaten my glitchless run, I think nobody was interested in that category so I'm kinda curious xD .

http://www.speedrun.com/tdd

speedrun.com has the leaderboards for TDD. Glitchless is listed as a misc. category which can be displayed on the top-right of the page.
What?
Tera, yep that is pretty much what i did. I made sure my inventory was how it should be & that my health was no lower than it was before (I verified this by loading the save up after the segment and using the debug menu).
Slight update. I only have the Orb Chamber and a couple other segments I need to re-do (End of the Machine Room and the entire Cellar Archives) and my run will be done. I now have a very accurate estimate of the final time.

17:16

Huh?

Cool.
All the grinding is done. I'm currently halfway through editing. I figured out that there were actually brightness and contrast sliders that I could use to fix the lighting, instead of this other stupid option I was using before. This alone justifies watching the run from the start, in case you were thinking of being lazy and continuing off from the end of Sewers Cheesy

Final time is 17:12.766
What?
Incredible time Shocked - looking forward to watching this!
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2016-05-19 03:20:48 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-19 03:38:33 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-19 03:02:05 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-19 03:01:53 pm
It's been well over three years since Apjjm made his segmented run, and a lot of new tricks have been found. My new run has a time of 17:12, a 4:07 improvement over Apjjm's run. It was completed over a period of around three months, and uses 95 segments. The run is also a minimal damage run, which means the only place I take damage is getting captured in the Chancel. This only puts me at a ~5 second disadvantage over a reckless run, since there aren't that many places you can reasonably sacrifice health in exchange for speed. I think the damage skips I do only make the run more entertaining.

You can choose to follow along with my written commentary down below the video.

I really enjoyed making this run, and I hope you enjoy watching it Smiley

Timing
The run was timed from the frame "Don't forget" pops up to when the frame "No, you fool!" pops up. All frames with the loading text visible are counted out of the final time. This is the same way Apjjm timed his run. This run will not be submitted to SDA, mainly because I don't want to. Even if I did, save-load abusing during flashbacks will completely kill the time anyways *cough* save penalties Tongue I counted all the save-load abuses which are consecutive attempts and in one recording one segment.

Glitches
Flashback Reload Abuse - Reloading during a flashback makes the game jump to the start of the next line of the flashback. For each flashback, I do this the number of lines the flashback has plus one times. It takes a second for the flashback to end after whoever was talking stops talking. Reloading can instantly give back your speed after the talking stops. Reloading can also stop the screen from shaking and end some effects, which I do unintentionally if there happens to be an effect that triggers where I want to segment.

Slippery Props - If you grab a prop from the edge of your reach distance and flick your mouse, the object can "slip" out of your hand, and continue travelling at the speed you were moving it. Used for the last cog in the Machine Room.

Edge clipping glitch - If you clip your playermodel into the edge of a horizontal plane (AKA the edge of a floor), your momentum will be reset without the bottom of your playermodel ever touching any ground, therefore avoiding fall damage.

Timesheet
Rainy Hall              1:49.833
Old Archives            25.333
Refinery                  28.3
Cellar Archives        36.5        Old: 39.633
Archive Tunnels      17.966
Back Hall 1            7.833
Study                    15.466
Back Hall 2              4.4
Guest Room            9.533
Back Hall 3              8.3
Storage                  46.466
Back Hall 4              23.066
Machine Room        53.833    Old: 54.3
Back Hall 5              9.066
Elevator                  37.133
Prison South          55.833
Prison North            41.5
Cistern Entrance 1  7.066
Morgue                    28.3
Cistern Entrance 2  8.133
Sewers                    41.2
Nave 1                    21.733
Choir Entrance        9.066
Choir                      1:40.166
Nave 2                    18.433
Transept                  1:08.866
Nave 3                    18.433
Chancel 1                22.366
Cells                        58.5
Nave 4                    36.4
Chancel 2                36.266
Inner Sanctum        16.633
Orb Chamber          10.833

Commentary
Rainy Hall: I setup some helmets in specific spots to boost off of after the intro, and the boosts don't save that much time at all, but they looked cool so I did them. I also grab a tinderbox, which is very important.

Old Archives: The start of this map is unusual. The map fades in from white, and you hear the sound of the door closing. The first part of this map is actually the same segment as the stairs boost at the end of the Rainy Hall. I tried doing this for continuity, but it ended up being a pain, so I stopped doing this pretty soon. Also, my crosshairs disappear. This is because I took a 2 month break doing segments because SOMA came out, and I was busy with that. I had to get used to TDD again. It actually took me until the Cellar Archives to realize my crosshairs were off lmao.

Refinery: I got the OoB at the start pretty quick, and I'm able to get up with the upwards momentum from spamming jump while clipping. I got a few boosts, but I also got my momentum killed a bit in one place, but still pretty good overall.

Cellar Archives: This whole level was redone. Saved three seconds off of the previous segments. Also, did you guys know that jumping around in water is ever so slightly faster than walking?

Archive Tunnels: Very good barrel juggling, and a very good rolling barrel boost. I sacrificed almost a second at the end to keep full health.

Back Hall 1: Pretty good segment. Very fast boost, but that also means I got too much height. I got another attempt with a boost that gave me the perfect amount of height, but it was slower.

Study: Played with a route change here. Maybe saved a second off of the first half of the SS route.

Back Hall 2: First try segment. Woo. Fun fact: This is the only segment that's slower than the one in Apjjm's run. Apjjm beat me by 1/20th of a second Tongue

Guest Room: Did a difficult clip to get to the key faster.

Back Hall 3: Amazing boosts. Very happy with it.

Storage: I needed the slippery grunt glitch to happen, otherwise after picking up the second drill bit, I can't open the door because the monster's blocking it.

Back Hall 4: It's faster to walk over a trigger on the carpet. Also, after the reload abusing, it looks like I click the door blind. I was actually able to see a bit, but the video's brightness was adjusted afterwards.

Machine Room: Super happy about this level. Instant lever puzzle solve using the chair, I got the cursor in place before loading the save so upon opening the menu, the cursor's already over the slot I need to use to combine the drill, and good cog juggling. The last two segments were redone, due to a small route change (opening the burner lid after grabbing the coal, instead of going out of my way to do it before)

Prison South: had quite a bit of trouble with the clip, but I'm happy with the segment. I got a insta-clip once, which would have saved the 1 second of setup time I took in the final segment, but lost the segment to the boost after the clip. I got a good boost heading down towards the hammer which lasted to the clip, and got a good dive grab. The grunt co-operated and got stunned by the chair, and the chipper grab was a little sluggish, but was frame perfect (or maybe 1 frame off, which was omitted due to me recording at half the FPS I'm playing at). Pretty good execution with widening the hole and clicking the load trigger.

Prison North: More save/load abuse to skip through the flashback, and got a nice rolling barrel boost (the same type of boost I got in the Archive Tunnels, just without jumping off the barrel) and I use a new clip I found, which is surprisingly consistent, to get OoB faster. The clip is less out of the way than the rubble is, and you can also cut corners while OoB, saving even more time.

Cistern Entrance 1: Used Apjjm's route here. The first boost(which is to skip the flashback) is a cakewalk, fall damage skip requires getting a "crap jump" and landing on the ledge, which I have to walk off of and do the second boost, which is way harder than the first boost.

Morgue: Almost perfect. Grabbed the laudanum to use in the Cells. I was able to land on a tiny ledge, which is technically too small to land on. To explain this, if you go into physics debug and stand at the very very edge of a floor and jump, instead of landing the jump as expected, you will actually fall through the ground you were standing on moments ago. To land on the floor like I did, I had to get a lucky clip into the wall right as I landed, which gave me enough room to land. The reload warp is very weird also. I do the reload warp while in a weird crouched position where I'm stuck halfway in the edge of the ground. For some reason, you can only start spamming interact starting at almost the end of the load to get the warp. If you spam interact the whole loading screen, you won't get the reload warp for some reason.

Cistern Entrance 2: Nosferatu's clip is pretty legit Tongue

Sewers: I had to deal with so much BS. The clip at the start felt like a cakewalk compared to some of the other segments. The jump onto the first pipe a bit after the clip is much harder than it looks. Most of the time you would get a crap jump and not make it up. The boost right after that I was having trouble with until I found out you could snake jump at the top of it to avoid getting stuck. I took a fancy route, and got Adam AK's boost perfectly. The last segment of the Sewers really pissed me off. I tried doing what you did Apjjm, do the quick ladder climb without going inbounds, and I kept taking fall damage before the level transition. I got the segment once, with a perfect boost I don't do in the final segment that saves over half a second, but the loading screen lagged, and when the text started scrolling up, it was jumping up, so I tossed that segment and did the SS ladder climb, and didn't get the stupid hard boost. I spent two hours on that perfect last segment, and gave up. I have to draw a line somewhere.

Nave 1: Skipping fall damage here is extremely hard. It's easy to take only 10 damage. The first incremental fall is the tricky part, as you have to jump out far enough to boost against the wall before you gain enough momentum to take damage.

Choir Entrance: Flew into the Choir. Amazing.

Choir: The beginning of the Choir had some sloppiness to it. It's interesting that you can see that I get better and better at the boosts as I approach the end of the Choir.

Nave 2: When clipping through the invisible side of the wall after the upwards boost, I found that letting go of sprint for a split second as I run into the wall helps with clipping faster. At the end, I do the bisect thing and grab the door from underneath.

Transept: Grabbed the second orb piece through the seam. This is a fancy thing that you can even use in SS.

Nave 3: Yup.

Chancel 1: I take 110 damage here, which AFAIK is the least damage you can take. This is also the only place I get damaged.

Cells: Awkward place to make a segment. It also removes the screen shaking effect. The last horizontal boost could have boosted me across the chasm. I actually did this once, but it was after I failed the segment *facepalm*. I failed the first vertical boost, decided to go for it again, and got the rest of the segment perfectly.

Nave 4: The clip OoB could have been faster, but the fall was pretty great. I get an amazing clip + boost inbounds, and continue towards Alexander.

Chancel 2: The second segment here was really annoying to do. I almost rejected it because it looked sub-optimal, but I'm glad I didn't. After that, I do a fancy double bisect, and load the next map.

Inner Sanctum: Nice boost. May have been faster if I did a jump as I was approaching the bottom of the stairs to maintain my speed, assuming I don't bump my head, but I'm pretty happy with it. I also flick the lever so the music doesn't mess up in the ending. Since it costs mere frames, I think it's totally worth doing.

Orb Chamber: Really precise slowdown manipulation. Staying in midair will maintain your current speed even though your speed multiplier changes, so I jump right before I get slowed down the first time, and there's a small timeframe between when the first slowdown ends and the second starts, where I jumped again. I also got a small boost at the end. I should have boosted up to Alexander, but that's not a big deal. I also got a lag spike after I threw the chair at the chandelier.

Thank you Apjjm, for making your segmented run. I remember watching it after beating the game, and having no clue what was going on. I watched it many times after that, and it's one of my favorite speedruns. You also helped make my job a lot easier by taking the first step, and following my progress with this run.

Thank you Nosferatu, for still being interested in the game to this day, and for the awesome streams. I reinstalled and revisited TDD after pre-ordering SOMA, and you were a big reason why I'm still interested in TDD today, and knowing I'm not alone.

Big thanks to everyone who ran this game at some point and contributed to finding tricks for it, and cleaned up the routes.
Get over here!
What an insane improvement. Apjjm's run was pretty much stellar for the time and lots of new tricks have been found afterwards. And now they're finally in a single video. Unless something gamebreaking like elevator skip is found this will be the very best you can do in TDD.

Congrats and great job Tera!

Hope you're thinking about submitting to SDA Smiley
What?
That run was nothing short of incredible - fantastic job. Seconded what shadow says about submitting this run.
Thanks. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Smiley

As for submitting the run, I don't want to due to personal preference, and I don't see that big of a point in it, but it's good that the option is open to me.
Main Work!!!
Ok, decided to watch the new segmented run, I never saw any of the progress so the entirety was new to me:

1-WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT! I always kinda considered Apjjm as a god of this game(I still do actually), he was one of the reason I never gave up back then when I was speedrunning this game, it was inspirational and fun to play with/against him, when I saw his speedrun, I though, even if new tricks are discovered, everything is so perfect that people won't even attempt to beat that, well congratulation, it was crazy good, while I wasn't sure what to expect, that was way beyond anything I could've thought.
2-The Machine room, when you entered that, you went in the first room and grabbed a chair, my first though was, no fucking way this is going to work, then you made it happen, that trick alone, is one of the most impressive thing I've seen in amnesia history and it's just a casual part of your run(out of curiosity, about how much attempt did it take you to do that?)
3-The sewer was completely unreal, in every Amnesia speedrun, no matter the types(Segmented, SS, IL), the category(Any%, 100%, glitchless) the sewer, has always and will always be in my opinion, the hardest thing, and hell, you made it even worst, how in the world did you do all of this.
4-Watching your run felt so great, like everything I though would be impossible happened, like glitch I didn't even know, each time you were doing something I though, it would be great if... and it happened.

In conclusion, I think you're in my opinion, probably the best amnesia player I've seen, like I genuinely happy of the new "generation" of amnesia runner(you, ShadowDraft, Nosferatu and probably other I don't really know), you guys are great runner and look like fun people, it is kind of a disappointment for me that you don't want to submit but yeah, I get the point and it is your decision, and I want to finish with, it's one of the most impressive run I've seen in my life(not just amnesia), it's really entertaining, skillful and TAS-like executed. Congratulation on the run !!
Edit history:
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 10:12:11 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 10:11:40 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 09:27:04 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 08:35:49 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 08:26:46 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 08:26:16 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 08:14:32 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 06:56:07 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 06:50:37 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 06:49:13 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 06:40:34 pm
Teravortryx: 2015-12-23 06:38:42 pm
Thanks Andre.

The Machine Room trick was pretty funny IMO, but I don't remember it taking any more than, like, 15 minutes to do. That's, like, 40 attempts? I'm pretty sure I just got lucky though. I had to redo the last cog fling in the Machine Room, which I apparently got super lucky on the first time and took less than 10 minutes to do, but to redo that segment, it took me 2 hours.

Some of the hardest/most frustrating/time consuming tricks off the top of my head are the Rainy Hall boosts, final Storage boost, final Machine Room cog fling, first Prison South clip, second Cistern boost, jumping on the pipe after the clip+boost in the Sewers (seriously), Nave 1 fall damage skip, and the second half of the Cells after the damage skip.

I'm not even that good at Amnesia Cheesy My single segment PB is 37 minutes, which is pretty bad. I guess I'm proud to say that my segmented run was done in under half the time of that. I don't like "high level" SS because of all the stupid setups you need to learn. I enjoy casual SS runs where you randomly run into walls and try tricks without precise setups until you get the trick, which (what a coincidence Tongue ) was how the segmented run was made.

Glad you enjoyed.