Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from wobs23:
Anders Davallius (Gafgar) from Coilworks would like to do developer commentary for the race between me and Midboss.

Alright, noted.

Quote from Svenne:
During our race we could be introduced like a boxing match or something of that nature. All it really takes is having a stationary camera positioned right and have a good person announcing the runners.

No. That camera won't be in that position this time. Also this would increase setup time by a lot.

Quote from PJ:
BattleBlock Theater needs to be online co-op instead of local co-op.  The setup we used at last AGDQ should work again as long as we're using actual computers this time instead of those pieces of garbage.

Hopefully the network setup works, but honestly it's hard to guarantee that it will be the same amount of lag from last year. As for PC issues, I'm going to make a make sure that the PCs are properly built well before the marathon. I'm really sorry for what you had to go through last AGDQ over something that really should not have happened.
Haters gonna hate
Quote from TestRunner:
Quote from PJ:
BattleBlock Theater needs to be online co-op instead of local co-op.  The setup we used at last AGDQ should work again as long as we're using actual computers this time instead of those pieces of garbage.

Hopefully the network setup works, but honestly it's hard to guarantee that it will be the same amount of lag from last year. As for PC issues, I'm going to make a make sure that the PCs are properly built well before the marathon. I'm really sorry for what you had to go through last AGDQ over something that really should not have happened.

I think as long as we can setup a wifi connection, there will be an acceptable amount of lag to do what we need to do. Also, having all of the USB ports actually function will be a big plus.
Is PJ
No worries, TestRunner.  We'll make it work.  ^_^
Super Mario World
Game: Super Mario World

Hey just checking to see if the SNESs that will be used for the marathon have the tabs ripped out so that they can play JP games. I assume so since most games are run on JP carts, but I just wanted to make sure.
All the things
Yes, all SNES systems will be able to play SFC carts without issue.
Terraffirmative!
For Vendetta, I need to be able to play on a TV which I can see the very edges of the screen. I can play on an HD monitor if necessary to accomplish that.
Edit history:
hugo4fun: 2015-11-28 09:53:27 am
The bigger, the better.
Game: Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara

My game is only available in digital version (PSN, XBLive, Steam) . Should I buy an extra copy on site and download if needed (no problem for me), or I need to bring my console? I want to play in the PS3 version, but can be done on the other consoles/PC if I'm aware of it with decent time ahead.

Edit: Also, the game goes for another name on the digital versions: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara ,which has inside Shadow Over Mystara and Tower of Doom.
Quote from MURPHAGATOR!:
For Vendetta, I need to be able to play on a TV which I can see the very edges of the screen. I can play on an HD monitor if necessary to accomplish that.

Noted. We'll should hopefully have a TV that is edge to edge. If all else fails, we can switch to HD.

Quote from hugo4fun:
My game is only available in digital version (PSN, XBLive, Steam) . Should I buy an extra copy on site and download if needed (no problem for me), or I need to bring my console? I want to play in the PS3 version, but can be done on the other consoles/PC if I'm aware of it with decent time ahead.

For digital games, we generally recommend bring your own system or have someone else bring theirs that you can use so that you can more easily practice it at the event before your run, but we are aware that this may be difficult for some people. If you can't bring it, then it is preferred that you bring in a stick/hard drive that has the game pre-installed instead of downloading it at the event. I'm not sure if a PS3 will be available but I do plan on bringing my 360 if you want to use it. Also we will want you to install and test the game on the system well before your run.
Quote from Cool Matty:
BTW, for Yacht Club, I already have their account from previous events. So we're good with them.

I will check with Yacht Club to make sure they have not changed their info. Thanks for the approval. Sorry it took so long for me to reply.
Quote from dwangoAC:
TAS block / TASBot considerations
- Brain Age is a DS game with a rotated screen.  We've already discussed options for working around the rotation issues with Vulajin and will ensure we have tested this before the marathon starts but it's something the tech station will need to be aware of.

In addition to this, the DS has a 1/8" connector for audio out from the game. We'll need a hook up to get sound to the stream.

If possible, we'd like to have a zoom in on the DS hardware before our run. We're going to do a very brief overview of our setup and the modified DS, so we'd like to have a close up shot on stream. This would also allow us to demonstrate that the DS is fully functional, and that the capture card is live. However, if this creates too much setup we can do without it.
Quote from micro500:
In addition to this, the DS has a 1/8" connector for audio out from the game. We'll need a hook up to get sound to the stream.

If possible, we'd like to have a zoom in on the DS hardware before our run. We're going to do a very brief overview of our setup and the modified DS, so we'd like to have a close up shot on stream. This would also allow us to demonstrate that the DS is fully functional, and that the capture card is live. However, if this creates too much setup we can do without it.

We can capture audio via 1/8", so that should be fine. Showing off the hardware before the run is ok if we aren't behind schedule.
Quote from Cool Matty:
BTW, for Yacht Club, I already have their account from previous events. So we're good with them.

Verified with YCG it's the same account that was used for SGDQ.
I'm doubt this needs a special request, but hopefully I can clear up some confusion. I submitted the Strider 2 run on ps3 through psn. Forgive my ignorance, but while I have run previously at a GDQ, I'm not sure what the process is for installing psn/xbla games at the site. Could a staff member explain this to me? Can I just show up at the tech station the day before my run with a usb and install the game? I imagine you don't want to waste the bandwidth of me downloading the game over psn at the hotel.

To alleviate this potential setup, I did just order a physical ps1 disc of Strider 2, but I would appreciate some clarification just in case as I plan on playing the game on a ps3 either way.
Quote from chuckles825:
I'm doubt this needs a special request, but hopefully I can clear up some confusion. I submitted the Strider 2 run on ps3 through psn. Forgive my ignorance, but while I have run previously at a GDQ, I'm not sure what the process is for installing psn/xbla games at the site. Could a staff member explain this to me? Can I just show up at the tech station the day before my run with a usb and install the game? I imagine you don't want to waste the bandwidth of me downloading the game over psn at the hotel.

To alleviate this potential setup, I did just order a physical ps1 disc of Strider 2, but I would appreciate some clarification just in case as I plan on playing the game on a ps3 either way.

I can't guarantee that there will be a PS3 available. I'll be bringing my 360 if you wish to use it. Yes, we would prefer if you installed it from a USB well before you run. In general, we recommend console runners with digital games to bring in their own system. It would also allow you to more easily practice your game before your run.
It's not actually on the 360, but thanks anyway. I was hoping to avoid bringing my own console, but sounds like it will just be easier for everyone if I bring it. What is the best video out cable to use? I'm used to hdmi, but I also have composite (it's a ps1 game so composite should be ok).
HDMI would be preferred
Quote from TestRunner:
HDMI would be preferred

Sounds good to me, so that's what I'll bring.
Hey looks like ill need an area for a laptop. can probably be on the couch or on a small table on the side.  i need it for step route notes!  not sure if you needed to know this or not.  Thanks!
For Snapshot, I'm going to need the logitech gaming software(unless i can change my mouse button functions with something else, but this is what i use). I'm guessing i bring it on flashdrive and set it up when i install my game.
Hello,

For Darksiders 2 I will need to run it on the 1.0 version, I can bring it on my USB key no problem or you can find the download link on the leaderboards on speedrun.com, also I would have to grind out a safety file for the beginning of the game so that I don't spend 30mins reseting and farming out a good hammer drop.
I doubt it's a special requirement, but just to be safe. For the Path of Radiance run I'll be bringing my region-free modded Wii to play the JP version of PoR for the run.
Haters gonna hate
Quote from TestRunner:
HDMI would be preferred

Doesn't using HDMI on PS3 to stream not work for some reason? I recall people saying they had to component to stream/record PS3 games.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Mecha Richter:
Quote from TestRunner:
HDMI would be preferred

Doesn't using HDMI on PS3 to stream not work for some reason? I recall people saying they had to component to stream/record PS3 games.

It uses HDCP copy protection (which is intended for Blu-ray playback, but the PS3 uses it everywhere). We have special splitters in our HDMI chain that disables this, so we can use HDMI.

Quote from nocashnocash:
Hey looks like ill need an area for a laptop. can probably be on the couch or on a small table on the side.  i need it for step route notes!  not sure if you needed to know this or not.  Thanks!

Will a chair work? We have plenty of those already near the couch area.

Quote from Nightmare47:
For Snapshot, I'm going to need the logitech gaming software(unless i can change my mouse button functions with something else, but this is what i use). I'm guessing i bring it on flashdrive and set it up when i install my game.

Yes, but please, PLEASE make sure to uninstall it entirely when you are done, both on practice and stream PCs. Drivers and software like this can cause conflicts with other runners. Check your mouse by the way, depending on what type and which functions you're using it for, many mice can actually store the profiles internally and not require software. This is vastly preferable.

Quote from snowysnowwolf:
Hello,

For Darksiders 2 I will need to run it on the 1.0 version, I can bring it on my USB key no problem or you can find the download link on the leaderboards on speedrun.com, also I would have to grind out a safety file for the beginning of the game so that I don't spend 30mins reseting and farming out a good hammer drop.

Definitely bring it with you. You can download it if something happens, but we try to avoid downloading games if possible to conserve bandwidth for everyone.

Quote from Gwimpage:
I doubt it's a special requirement, but just to be safe. For the Path of Radiance run I'll be bringing my region-free modded Wii to play the JP version of PoR for the run.

That's fine. If you have a Wii s-video cable, please bring that as well. We try to keep stock of them, but it always helps if the runner has it with them.
One hand is enough.
Hand cam should be on by default for my run of Transformers: Devastation if possible as I will be playing one-handed and submitted an incentive to hold an Optimus Prime figure in my free hand throughout the run. Hand cam has always been a big draw when I play, so it'd be a shame to not have it here.
Quote from halfcoordinated:
Hand cam should be on by default for my run of Transformers: Devastation if possible as I will be playing one-handed and submitted an incentive to hold an Optimus Prime figure in my free hand throughout the run. Hand cam has always been a big draw when I play, so it'd be a shame to not have it here.

Yeah, we should be able to handle that ok.