<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
The  thing is that people can bitch about Minecraft and not their preferred game getting in, but Minecraft is in. Enjoy the rest of the marathon and keep your bullshit elsewhere. Arguing "let's play vs speedrun" or "random japanese game 3 vs minecraft" is stupid and I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of hearing about it. Submit next marathon, get better, and get over yourself.
Takahashi Meijin
People are going to complain about Minecraft. It's a bad speed game and looks really sleepy to watch. I understand why it got in, with Waffle and DonutBacon being very popular streamers with lots of subs and dedicated fans.

Gotta get those Notch daily salary 10K donations

Sucks about the Vanquish cut, that's a great, very well practiced run. To most people who played Vanquish, seeing that run would open up their eyes as how the game is really meant to be played.
I can agree about Vanquish. I've seen it a few times at online marathons the past few months and its such a cool run. This is coming from someone who never really seen it at all.
Hey, so I noticed Satoryu got Accepted with a video of my first run of Mighty Switch Force! 2 while I'm sitting on the wait list.  Is there any reason for this, or is this just a placeholder until November rolls around?
I might as well offer this since Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has been accepted! But Ovendonkey also runs the game and we would like to offer a race for that. I completely understand if this is not possible and thought I might as well offer it!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Minecraft: The runners do consistently get under 2 hours for their attempts last time I checked. As long as they play on a regular basis and practice for the marathon they should be good.

About let's players: I don't see why there can't be a crossover. Romscout used to be a let's player before he was a speedrunner.

Pokemon Gold: I since Red/Blue are so short (I am thinking possible bid war with red and blue because why not, and I'm fine with whoever runs it), I figured having another pokemon game would not hurt. I didn't realize it would be the exact same run as SGDQ though, so I'll cut it.

SSBMstuff: When there are drops on the schedule, I'll consider 100% as a donation incentive for Crash 2. Notice how I said when, and not if. Tongue

TonyOgbot: Placeholder until November.

Firedragon764: No, I'd rather not have Uncharted as a race because we will already be having a lot of races, it's a longer game, and it's the game's first appearance in a marathon so the run needs to be explained.
Talk to the Hand
I'd just like to say that, having recently beaten Snake Rattle N Roll for the first time, I am beyond hype for the co-op run. That will either be an incredible display of skill, OR a trainwreck the likes of which AGDQ has never seen before, and it's going to be spectacular either way.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Not sure if able to, but are we allowed to make a case for which category to persuade you for a game that got in w/ multiple categories offered?
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-09-26 11:38:39 pm
Shenanagans_: 2014-09-26 11:22:50 pm
Mod edit: No.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Zewing, you can. You can either do it here or by pm.
Update to my Sneak King run. I realized that doing commentary in a mask would be difficult obviously, so I think it would be best to get someone else to dress up as the king. This being said, the donation incentive would change to something like "have the Burger King appear during the run" or something along those lines. Suggestions are appreciated! Smiley
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Quote from Kefka14:
Update to my Sneak King run. I realized that doing commentary in a mask would be difficult obviously, so I think it would be best to get someone else to dress up as the king. This being said, the donation incentive would change to something like "have the Burger King appear during the run" or something along those lines. Suggestions are appreciated! Smiley

I blindly volunteer for anything silly to be done at the marathon, especially if it involves Burger King. Tongue
Any reason why my suggestion was immediately Mod edited rather then simply responded to like other questions?
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but have the chosen categories for each game been posted anywhere?  I just still see every category listed on the spreadsheet and on the GDQ main website.
Must operate faster!
I would certainly love to see a Trauma Center speedrun for the marathon, those games can be rather difficult to speedrun and rather impressive to see when they are finished
Edit history:
TheMG2: 2014-09-27 03:02:30 pm
Quote from SanaitoDecemnoc:
I would certainly love to see a Trauma Center speedrun for the marathon, those games can be rather difficult to speedrun and rather impressive to see when they are finished

Nobody offered it this for this event. Somebody has to offer a game, they don't seek out runners.
EDIT: The list of games linked in the first post is the final(ish) list. Submissions were like a month ago.
Must operate faster!
Quote from TheMG2:
Submissions were like a month ago.

Yeah, I realized that a little too late, oh well, there is always another year for speedrunning
Edit history:
Linkinito: 2014-09-27 05:59:33 pm
Linkinito: 2014-09-27 05:56:31 pm
This is my avatar
Console distribution

The original platform has been selected for games re-released on Virtual Consoles.
Bonus games are counted in.

Manufacturer distribution

PC + Microsoft includes PC, Xbox and Xbox 360.

Generation distribution

Saga distribution

Only the sagas with two or more games selected are present.

Number of appearances distribution

You be the judge.
Wow. Where did 15 hours of Mario come from? o.O
Quote from Onin:
Wow. Where did 15 hours of Mario come from? o.O

Super Mario Sunshine, 2d marios, super mario rpg, mario kart wii + 8, not sure what else. Note that its not JUST the platformers.
Edit history:
AlteisenRiese: 2014-09-27 08:36:26 pm
Old Iron Giant
Now that I've gathered my thoughts a bit I'll toss in some words for Vanquish.

Vanquish is a killer run, especially the way Half Coordinated does it, you gotta take it as a package deal, its not just the run that's but the runner himself due to the fact that he does it all with one hand, ultimately the whole its a platinum game, people wanna see it on normal/hard whatever is a load of bull, half the tricks and skips don't even work on higher difficulties plus the game is much slower due to being able to less risks, honestly let's be real here, other than the worthless chat and a few grognards, nobody is going to give a shit about the difficulty, people just wanna be entertained which is precisely what they're gonna get, I'll even go as far and say that Vanquish would make an amazing opener to GDQ this year, a fast paced amazing run by an equally skilled and amazing runner.

I'll say similar things about God Hand, the GDQ's had a run already on hard, it sucked because it was sidekick spam cause that's literally all you can do on hard mode in that game, Zana's offered run is far more entertaining from a marathon perspective, you have a lot more leeway to get stylish and crazy and dare I say wow the crowd, hell the only different is the difficulty meter, it only goes up to 2 on easy.

So if someone drops out or whatever, I would heavily reconsider these 2 at least, this is quite similar to the MGR debacle awhile back, NG+ would have been far more entertaining as you can do skips and glitches right off the bat since all of them require Mistral's staff weapon to do, I can think of 2 right off the bat, one at the start and one at the street level to skip the fights, both not seen cause it was new game, the run was also quite poorly received due to this, granted half of that was due to flicky's horrible commentary but the other half was just not being able to do cool shit quickly, the runner was fine of course.

Plus you allowed VJ on kids difficulty which was made by the same folks who made up Platinum, why allow that one but not Vanquish or God Hand, I know Tman is perfectly capable of doing both Kids and Ultra V, its more of an observation on my end really.
Shame about the attitude for vanquish about a speedrun. it honestly seems like not enough research was put into it as a speedrun. A higher difficulty in vanquish's campaign speedrun doesn't add anything that truly technical or skillful, and in most cases it just takes it away. There are lots of tricks and skips that are simply not possible on those higher difficulties. The thinking that it's a platinum game so it must be on a higher difficulty is pretty bull for vanquish to be completely honest.

Halfcoordinated has put a lot of work into optimizing vanquish, and he can do it all one handed. He has had great runs at online marathon and the chats all seem to love it.

An amazing run by an amazing runner.
Literally speaking... literally...
I'm also sad to see Vanquish go, such a cool and technical run...
Just curious to hear thoughts on why committee favored Proto Man 10 race when there are already a couple of pretty hype races over say an individual run like 6 or 7 or BCAS or something else.
Takahashi Meijin
Yeah, I have a feeling a one handed speedrun of Vanquish would be a chat SMASH HIT and give him legendary CGN like status, which would be fantastic.