<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
There was one thing I forgot to do, and that was put Mega Man 7 back on the list, which means I waitlisted Mega Man 10. Also, I might consider Trogdor in a race if his pb is near ion's.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
While we are on the subject of lowering Game Time Estimates, 1:45 is probably a little high for DKC Tropical Freeze. The top 4 runners all have 1:35 and lower PB's and we have all become incredibly consistent. Even with bad runs by all of us, we would come in under 1:38, So 1:40 is probably a better time.
Done. I do like having some buffer time for games (in case of a disaster), so I set it at 1:42:00.
Dang, rip king kong 2 Sad
Quote from mikwuyma:
Anyway, I have cut some time off of some estimates because they are way too forgiving. A good example is the Marble Blast Ultra estimate being 55 minutes and the runner's pb is 36 minutes. However, that wasn't enough to accommodate for adding estimates in between runs, so I cut the following runs.

How much time was cut off of Minecraft?
Arkham speedrunner
The Arkham estimates could probably be trimmed a bit, I haven't seen a time beyond two hours for either game in a while, and I don't think anyone else has had so either
Should we be posting estimate corrections here? I had heard that functionality was going to be added to the website eventually, so was waiting for that.

Basically, the estimate for Shantae: Risky's Revenge can be moved down from 45 minutes to 40 safely. Even that might be a bit generous, since it assumes that I die and have to fight the final bosses twice, which is really really unlikely. I guess it could still happen though, so 40 is a better estimate if that helps.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I like the idea of any estimate corrections being noted here if nothing else. I think a fair few of them are out there to be noted.
One hand is enough.
Neglected to mention that I updated the Vanquish video to my current PB/WR of 1:40:30.

Estimate should probably stay the same for now as there is a lot that can happen in a single run (plus donation incentive possibilities) and I'd only drop it a couple minutes at most.
Personal text
Quote from mikwuyma:
put Mega Man 7 back on the list, which means I waitlisted Mega Man 10

I'm glad and sad at the same time.
Another game list update, Gunstar Heroes if off because Wilbo can't make it, and I've been told Goldphnx has an incredibly small chance of making it.

Just FYI, I can't actually change the estimates on the gamesdonequick page, I've been changing them on the google spreadsheet, the two changes mentioned have already been applied because I noticed the estimates were incredibly high.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ejuauu9R5W3_dJN97S2SrIAadHWq7EpZcdf2oWDTBRo/pubhtml#

That being said, posting estimate corrections here like spike suggested is a good idea.
Edit history:
adefgames: 2014-10-14 11:48:34 am
"Let's be mega men" -Yashi
So just curious, what is the update on how the mega man games that have been waitlisted/accepted are being evaluated right now based on other things being dropped? And also is there a time in which we'll have a schedule? Because I would like to know which days I need to be there so that I can run, etc. because I don't think I can make it for the full week.

Cannot wait for AGDQ!
Edit history:
TonyOgbot: 2014-10-14 12:21:11 pm
TonyOgbot: 2014-10-14 12:21:10 pm
TonyOgbot: 2014-10-14 12:20:53 pm
If MSF2 ends up being reconsidered sooner rather than later, I think it would be fair to estimate 25 minutes gameplay, 30 with setup.  The game has come a long way from its original estimate, and we're already looking at low 23's (maybe even sub 23) as a good run with current routing.
www.smwwiki.com
I talked it over with Carl and although both of us offered it - we'd like to retract the 100% donation incentive and stick with any%. The concern isn't completion, but there are a few jumps that could potentially take many tries to get. It doesn't cater particularly well to a race or marathon run. 
Bomb...... Bomber...... Bombest
I've been keeping my mouth closed for the time being, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows Puzzle Fighter will not make the list. Oh well. But things can change......
Edit history:
ZanasoBayncuh: 2014-10-15 05:43:16 pm
Quote from mikwuyma:
Vanquish and God Hand: So those are some good points about the games, but like I said earlier, I still have to cut games from the schedule, not add. Also, risk of death can be a factor in runs of games that are known to be challenging, like these two games.

Dunno about Vanquish per se, but death is insanely rare on my God Hand route... but even with deaths the 1:12 estimate given would have been a cinch, I was no-reset marathon practicing the run daily until I saw the 2nd cuts and even my most embarrassing practice sessions were never over 1:10.

Not trying to be a whiny bitch or even argue that God Hand should be reconsidered at this point (I wouldn't even be able to arrange the trip at this point), just want you to be informed of the run a bit more for future reference, I guess.
I have completed a (private) draft of the schedule, but I am going out to Chicago for Chicagothon this weekend. If I find the time, I will post the schedule sometime this weekend. If not, then it will be posted next week.

I do have some bad news though, I underestimated how much time needed to be accommodated for setup, so I had to chop off another seven hours, or 10 games.

adefgames: Mega Man games being waitlisted are mostly going to be added based on what Mega Man games are dropped (if any), or if we're closer to the marathon, whatever can fill the gaps.

dram55: Kaizo is any% on my schedule draft.

ZanasoBayncuh: I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Any chance of cutting 30 minutes off the estimate for Minecraft, and replacing that 30 minutes with Sonic 1?  or another one of the 30 minute games that were cut.
You can't just cut estimates. They're there for a reason...
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Will the google doc reflect the 7 hours of games cut, or are we just gonna wait until the schedule is posted?
Edit history:
SpootyBiscuit: 2014-10-16 01:10:46 pm
Quote from mikwuyma:
That being said, posting estimate corrections here like spike suggested is a good idea.

My Descent time (currently waitlisted) can probably be cut down to about 46:00 for Trainee Any%. There's been a few semi-recent route optimizations as well as generally more consistent execution on my part. I did a pretty long string of races and no-reset runs and ended up sub-45 across probably 20+ runs. Also updated my PB/WR video with a 41:42 RTA. The All Levels category still adds 5 minutes onto the estimate, so about 51:00.

Descent II Hotshot Any% can also be cut down to 55:00 for similar reasons.
Totally Radical Awesome Game
Floating Runner shouldn't take 25 minutes. 20 minutes would be a better estimate. Honestly even that is a pretty safe estimate.
Edit history:
BroBuzz: 2014-10-20 04:07:40 pm
Quote from mikwuyma:
I have completed a (private) draft of the schedule, but I am going out to Chicago for Chicagothon this weekend. If I find the time, I will post the schedule sometime this weekend. If not, then it will be posted next week.

I do have some bad news though, I underestimated how much time needed to be accommodated for setup, so I had to chop off another seven hours, or 10 games.

adefgames: Mega Man games being waitlisted are mostly going to be added based on what Mega Man games are dropped (if any), or if we're closer to the marathon, whatever can fill the gaps.

dram55: Kaizo is any% on my schedule draft.

ZanasoBayncuh: I'll keep it in mind for the future.

lol shit I hope MGS2 didn't get cut just because I haven't submitted a practice video yet (been busy this past month, should have it done by the end of the week at the latest)
I've been out at the Chicagothon this weekend, but I will have a schedule up by this week.

Spike: No, I'm just going to post when the schedule is posted because I'm still figuring out some of the cuts.

Spooty: Hmmm, does Justis still play the game? It sounds like your time is a lot better, and I'll adjust the estimate accordingly.

CavemanDCJ: Noted

Brobuzz: No, but if I don't receive anything by November 1, I will cut it.
Takahashi Meijin
I followed Waffle a few weeks ago, and he has yet to attempt a co-op speedrun. Maybe I missed it, but so far the guy isn't practicing and compared to Bismuth he has a LONG way to go.

At this point, we are looking at a very popular lets play. I tried to contact him about it, but his chat is 10,000 strong and it's impossible to get through. I can see the reason for having those 2, they both have 5000+ strong chats at all times.

Gotta say it bothers me, it seems every other runner is playing their games and improving, so I'm calling him out.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's not even practicing.