<- 1  -   of 45 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from slYnki:
Quote:
Spider-Waffle is a God. You can't be as good as him, its physically impossible.

Think of it this way: he's not the God. And no one has ever really seen me play.

Quote from slYnki:
Quote:
and never will... Cheesy

Give it a month.

It's been 5 years now.
A Crab
I also remember he was going to make some Half-Life bugs video a really long time ago.
Edit history:
rayvex: 2011-11-12 07:44:31 am
rayvex: 2011-11-12 07:44:20 am
hi
btw, prepare for new, improved runs of OP4, HL1 and HL2.

: D
A Crab
And HL2? Oh man!
Svart Lyser Tronen
Will use the Orange Box engine with ABH ect. So it's gonna be quite different the current hl2dq.
Check their progress over at http://sourceruns.org
Don't have an account over at SourceRuns, but still waiting for news of your new runs here.

Don't hesitate to write in this topic to let us know of your progress!
Quote from quadrazid:
My first TAS test run of Half-Life

Probably seconds from optimal, but a good step forward.

Man, that was awesome!
How does that trick at the end work, where you get teleported to the next level without standing near the elevator?
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from djcj:
Man, that was awesome!
How does that trick at the end work, where you get teleported to the next level without standing near the elevator?

It's a trick I call Triggerdelay. I'm able to delay the transition by running a long script (alias with lots of ;wait;s) when I activate the trigger_changelevel. The transition won't occur until the alias runs out. During the time I delay the transition, I can reposition myself to specific spots where the maps are overlapping. My position remains the same interrelate to the origin of the map.

There is many sweet spots like this where it can be abused.
But there is one big problem with the trick that I haven't figured out yet. 95% of all the overlapping places I've found yet, you will get rid of your weapons. They somehow wont transfer at all. I believe there is some kind of zone you gotta be inside. So its sheer luck if the place allows to keep your weapons or not.

One place were it works is the Power Up place.
But also, there may be occasions when its worth to leave the weapons if the shortcut is big enough. Or in the very end of the game like the hazard course.

Check these videos:
Fresh upload with some triggerdelays in combination with the displacer weapon in OP4
Misc places in HL
Power Up in 0.5 seconds from my HL single-segment

I liek cookies
Hey guys! I'm new here, but I had an account which misteriously dissappeared, so I made a new one lol.

Anyway, I'm glad to announce that the speedrun of a HL2 Mod "Mission Improbable" is finally completed in the time 2:56 by me (eXeC a.k.a. Execut4ble) and igge (The SourceRuns Team). Enjoy the run! Any kind of feadback is appreciated.

Also, big thanks to RandomEngy for capturing and editing the video! You're awesome man! Cheesy
Edit history:
turre: 2012-04-19 04:05:48 pm
turre: 2012-04-19 04:02:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/turreu
HL2 ABH
edit: 30 feet circle jump
edit2: abh to goo
Edit history:
AdHoc: 2012-04-20 10:03:41 am
AdHoc: 2012-04-20 10:01:06 am
Does this mean that a whole new HL²:DQ will have to be worked on?

A shame it would be one hour of looking backwards though. But it most definitely looks AWESOME and should be done to bring Half-Life back to SDA.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Quote from eXeC:
Hey guys! I'm new here, but I had an account which misteriously dissappeared, so I made a new one lol.

Anyway, I'm glad to announce that the speedrun of a HL2 Mod "Mission Improbable" is finally completed in the time 2:56 by me (eXeC a.k.a. Execut4ble) and igge (The SourceRuns Team). Enjoy the run! Any kind of feadback is appreciated.

I'm no half-life runner, so I can't offer much valuable criticism, but I really enjoyed this run.  Your backward bhopping reaches some ridiculous momentum at times.  Never played this mod.  So I guess you have to kill yourself at the end? 

Anyway good work.  If you ever produce any other runs (or if you already have) be sure to post them here!  This thread moves kind of slowly and has a lot of lurkers, so don't feel discouraged when / if no one comments on stuff like this.  Smiley
half-life green in 27:19 ss no scripts [part 1 / part 2]

goal: 26:4x
ChickenB0h BOH! :D
big up \o Cheesy every run of HL is worth my time Cheesy
ABHing into Mordor
Precursor (HL2:EP2 Mod) ran by Me, Darkevil and Exec, in 9:29.

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from AdHoc:

A shame it would be one hour of looking backwards though. But it most definitely looks AWESOME and should be done to bring Half-Life back to SDA.

That would be fun to watch, but it should be noted somewhere that it is a different version of HL2. The makers of the game saw our speedrun and modified their engine to fix them. I'm pretty sure some of these modifications are what resulted in the backwards hopping trick and eliminated the flying. I would expect with a glitch like this the game could be done much faster than our time.
Gets the cake.
Quote from MaximuSX:
Quote from AdHoc:

That would be fun to watch, but it should be noted somewhere that it is a different version of HL2. The makers of the game saw our speedrun and modified their engine to fix them. I'm pretty sure some of these modifications are what resulted in the backwards hopping trick and eliminated the flying. I would expect with a glitch like this the game could be done much faster than our time.

Noting that it's a different version is unnecessary. When speedrunning a game, choosing the fastest official release of the game is always preferable, and the half-life games are no exception. That said, yes it will almost certainly be faster just because of how absurd the speed you get from ABH is, though some maps will lose a lot of time with the exclusion of forward bunnyhopping, especially in narrow hallways and passages.
Edit history:
S.: 2012-08-15 11:28:43 am
The narrow hallways and passages are negligible when you take a look at the propfly maps, like citadel.
Cool. Well, let us know of your progress! Not everyone follows you over at SourceRuns Wink
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from z1mb0bw4y:
Noting that it's a different version is unnecessary. When speedrunning a game, choosing the fastest official release of the game is always preferable, and the half-life games are no exception. That said, yes it will almost certainly be faster just because of how absurd the speed you get from ABH is, though some maps will lose a lot of time with the exclusion of forward bunnyhopping, especially in narrow hallways and passages.

It would be informative, not necessary. Considering we completed our run 3 years after the games' release, it was pretty well set in stone as the final version if not for Steam. Any runs hereafter will be running the game on a different engine, and considering HL2 runs are mainly about exploiting the physics bugs, it will be a very different run indeed. Usually when run times are compared, people assume they are both completed on the same platform but with better glitches, routes, or performances. In a run such as this, that will not be the case, it will be a different engine with different glitches that are possible.
Edit history:
S.: 2012-08-26 08:27:28 pm
We will make sure to inform the audience about this as good as possible, once we start to become more open about it.

Can also tell you someone started doing SS on the old engine HL2, although I'm not sure how motivated he is to complete that.
I liek cookies
Yeah, we have to inform people that it is/was being runned on different version, for sure.

I'm afraid it's not going to be that faster as you expect, because the flying glitch is very limited and only works with few items. Also, we cannot gain that much speed from it, so we're only using it to get from point A to point B.
So far we're 10 seconds ahead of HL2DQ (just finished d1_trainstation_06), but we started to lose time, because HL2DQ used flying there, which is much more limited on the engine we're running on.

Anyway, we've discovered something awesome that will help us compete with HL2DQ during the narrow hallways and passages.

And yes, I'm the one who is working on a Single-Segment run of HL2. I'm using the old version because ABH is too risky for a SS, and also I'll have flying. I am running with scripts though. Scriptless would be very hard for a noob like me Smiley
Also, as S. said, I might lose motivation at some point (like I do on almost every project I make xd) and stop working on the run, so don't get hyped too much.
Edit history:
S.: 2012-08-27 11:34:43 am
Quote:
because ABH is too risky for a SS

I experienced this myself. I can tell that I am working on an hl2:ep2 scripted single segment run and intend on submitting a scriptless run to SDA someday. I've had plenty of attempts already where ABH launched me in the air and I died.

Reason I do this scripted first is that it's more fun to me, especially since I can utilize both the 5 minute and 30 minute skip, which seem outright moronic to attempt in a no-script SS.
Downside of scripted is of course these random ABH deathlaunches (which can happen at truly the most ridiculous spots). I don't expect these to be a problem in scriptless.

I have most of the routing done. All that is left is fiddling with the pickaxe and see if I can get a consistent launch out of it.
Edit history:
Superfrizzio: 2012-09-23 04:42:13 am
Superfrizzio: 2012-09-05 07:22:26 am
I'm a Ps2 runner
Half-Life (Ps2) Segmented Speedrun completed in 44:37 minutes by SuperFrizzio:

Hard difficult, 218 segments

The Ps2 version is very different from the PC version, I did a video that show the differences (www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8es3kUS4MU) as you can see there are different maps, different controls and also different difficulty settings

Enjoy! Smiley
train kept rollin
Nice. Are you going to submit it?