Sad
<- 1  -   of 45 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
As posted in your thread, just because it was updated does not make the old run obsolete. Someone can still use the old version to run it, so there is no disadvantage.
I'm a Half-Life runner ;)
Quote from SiPlus:
HL2 (PC) speedruns are now obsolete due to update.

Stop spamming.
Edit history:
djcj: 2010-10-03 10:21:18 am
djcj: 2010-10-03 10:20:55 am
Quote from quadrazid:
Didn't notice the edit. This might be a cool speedrun after all Smiley
I think you should run it yourself, you don't have to make it super optimized.
I recommend installing Steam and use HL's demo recording tool instead of fraps.

I finally did a run. It's not a very perfect run though. It has a lot of mistakes. But the shortcuts are nice. I start timing after the final intro cutscene (before entering the toilet). The last segment is inconsitent with the previous ones because I accidentally deleted it and had to rerun it. But that shouldn't matter. I don't know if ending 1 is really the fastest way through this game. Route 1 or 2 with ending 4 could be faster.
Don't consider this a serious run, it's more like a test run. If someone wants to run this game I could help him. I could do test runs of all the different routes and endings and combine them to see wich way's the fastest. Oh, and the videos are extremely dark (I used the standard settings).

Part 1 | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Hey djcj, I tried to watch your run, but at least the first segment has no audio because of that [expletive deleted] WMG crap on Youtube.  Could you upload it to another location?
I have a question regarding Spider-Waffle's Half-Life run. At 10:08 in video there is 7 shotgun shells. Half a second later there is 0 and half a second later again at 10:10 there is 4. This is seen throughout the run. Those indescrepancies makes me wonder firstly what kind of script that was used and secondly what was the purpose?

Heh. Guess it's been a while, you have to register at the forum now.
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
I'm not sure, but I think that the demo recording is a little buggy and the ammo counter generally is incorrect...
Edit history:
eV1Te: 2010-09-14 01:45:50 am
Quote from palindrom:
I have a question regarding Spider-Waffle's Half-Life run. At 10:08 in video there is 7 shotgun shells. Half a second later there is 0 and half a second later again at 10:10 there is 4. This is seen throughout the run. Those indescrepancies makes me wonder firstly what kind of script that was used and secondly what was the purpose?

Sometimes you have to actually shoot a round, or switch weapons for the ammo counter to be correct when you have recorded demos etc.?!
Edit history:
djcj: 2010-10-03 10:24:06 am
Reuploaded Afraid of Monsters DC part 1:
This time I cut out the beginning so I hope YT won't mute my video again.
And if someone is planning to work on a serious run of this game I could help him.
Thanks for the reupload, djcj.  Much appreciated.  Watching a muted first segment was driving me crazy.

By the way, why don't you want to try and run this yourself?  This test run shows a lot of promise.
I'm not good at bunnyhopping and I had to investigate all endings to see if this is really the fastest ending. Maybe I'll do it, but not during the next time.
XXY
The link for groobo's Poke 646 run appears to be down. Anyone have a copy of it that can be re-uploaded?
Here you go, slYnki.  You didn't mention the training course, so I assumed you didn't need me to host that as well.  Sorry for using FileFront.
Edit history:
slYnki: 2010-11-16 03:10:55 pm
XXY
You're the best, Insipid. Thanks a bunch. Haha, I was the one who did the hazard course. I don't need that one hosted. What an awful run that was... Good times =D
Svart Lyser Tronen
Real-time, single-segment, no scripts Grin
That was crazy, considering it did not have scripts or saves.  Awesome shit.
hi
The links on FileFront doesn't work. I can't download the "ETC completed at 0:06:30 by Zhouy", "Poke646 completed at 0:15:29 by groobo", "Sweet Half-Life completed at 0:25:03 by Dark_Devil and Zhouy", "Wanted completed at 0:24:30 by Zhouy" and so on... Sad
Filefront is full of sad.

Yeah, we should try to get these videos somewhere else, like Google or Archive.  I'm pretty sure I have copies of everything so far, so don't worry about that, but most of the files are a bit large to attach to a post ...
I found the site, which is agree to host any game related videos. It is atomicgamer.com. May be you'll try to use that site instead of filefront?
XXY
Does anyone have a jump script handy for Auto Hot Key? I just got my new computer and am killing to jump around Half-Life 2 again, just for fun. I think rayvex posted one for me way back when, but I can't remember where to find it. Can anyone lend me a helping hand? =)
hi
Quote from slYnki:
Does anyone have a jump script handy for Auto Hot Key? I just got my new computer and am killing to jump around Half-Life 2 again, just for fun. I think rayvex posted one for me way back when, but I can't remember where to find it. Can anyone lend me a helping hand? =)

*SPACE::
Loop
{
    GetKeyState,state,SPACE,P
    if state = U
    break
    Send, {SPACE}
    Sleep,1
}
return

also, check your Private threads ;>
XXY
Thanks a bunch, buddy!
XXY
Hmm... The script works just fine, but the bunnyhopping speed in HL2 seems to be capped. I also couldn't fly or climb walls. They didn't destroy the game with a lame update, did they? X_x
Edit history:
rayvex: 2011-05-13 01:48:38 am
rayvex: 2011-05-13 01:41:04 am
rayvex: 2011-05-13 01:36:30 am
rayvex: 2011-05-13 01:36:14 am
hi
they did long time ago.
They ported HL2 to the newer source engine thats being used in HL2: EP2; that means no speedjumping or flying.
However you can ABH.

It would actually be kind of interesting to rerun the game using the new physics to see if its actually faster than the old one.
ABH is much faster than speedjumping thats for sure. inb4 coast in 2 mins.
XXY
Well that's lame. ABH is fine and all, but I was so used to the old bunny jumping =(