Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
SEGA Junkie
I think the point is that this would be in front of any runs in said backlog if they're sticking to FIFO.
ExplodingCabbage: I submitted the newer run, and I think it won't be too long anymore till it goes up.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from mike89:
I think the point is that this would be in front of any runs in said backlog if they're sticking to FIFO.

The HD/IQ version is just taking a while to encode.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not strictly FIFO in the same order it's announced here.
I have no idea why this run hasn't been posted yet, but since it hasn't, TheVoid, a thought just crossed my mind: I think you should give this run a detailed audio commentary.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Also, bloopers.  And a bloopers commentary.  And then a highlight reel set to music.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
The run not being posted yet is a combination of me not paying much attention to this run and The Void not really caring every time I mentioned the run. The run is ready for update, so it should be posted fairly soon.
The Running Failure
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Also, bloopers.  And a bloopers commentary.  And then a highlight reel set to music.

Just have an audio track with Benny Hill playing.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Pretty lame run. 33, 35 or 37 it doesn't matter. After a few tries, you might not be able to get 33 but you get a run that looks exactly the same for 99% of all viewers. It just no experience watching this crappy game.
Quote from thommy3:
Pretty lame run. 33, 35 or 37 it doesn't matter. After a few tries, you might not be able to get 33 but you get a run that looks exactly the same for 99% of all viewers. It just no experience watching this crappy game.

But you have to play this game. You have to watch the run!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from thommy3:
33, 35 or 37 it doesn't matter.

... you're no speed runner ...
More like he has no <3 for YHTBTR
Willing to teach you the impossible
he makes me wanna cry...
Ddint' we already have this discussion?
Game is crappy (but has some humor?)
Speedrun of this doesn't require (much) skill/time.
Some find it humor.

The end.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from mip:
Ddint' we already have this discussion?
Game is crappy (but has some humor?)
Speedrun of this doesn't require (much) skill/time.
Some find it humor.

The end.

Obviously we didn't go over it enough. Wink
from red to blue
This game>SDA.
Balls jerky
the fact that this run is an SDA milestone makes me sad
sda could use more irony tbh.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2010-10-04 03:33:52 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from cyghfer:

we could all use a little more irony in our diets... (I've decided sda could use more puns as well)

Quote from dballin:
the fact that this run is an SDA milestone makes me sad

each run is a milestone for SDA, doesn't matter if it's 600 or 601. 1000 will be nice though Wink
Willing to teach you the impossible
Now this leads me to a question. This seems, to me at least, like bashing. Why bash it? Sure it was a short run. But so was Clue. And was many other runs. Just because it is short and only requires a few key moments to get a good run, does that make this that bad of a game? And bashing the run itself, the way I am reading it, is also bashing  the runner. Why all the hate?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
*sigh* I knew that once this run was officially added, it was only going to respark controversy... With that said, who cares?  Do you people really find it sad (or even offensive) that this run is considered the 600th game?  If you have a problem with this, then just pick Tag: the power of paint or  Penumbra Tech Demo and call that run 600... Heck, if anything else, it would actually make more sense if you were offended about a tech demo being added as run 600 (especially since it is even shorter than burn the rope...)  I know that this is probably directed towards the three to four people who have yet to accept this run, but still to those three to four people I simply say this...

A speed run is a speed run... enough said...  If you have a problem with that, you can either complain about it more or just move on and complain about better things in life (world economy, polities, 2012, 4 kids... take your pick...)

P.S. ZenicReverie Speaks the truth... SDA needs more irony, SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET AROUND TO POSTING THAT EARTHWORM JIM SPEED RUN ALREADY!!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from MAS8705:
P.S. cyghfer Speaks the truth... SDA needs more irony, SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET AROUND TO POSTING THAT EARTHWORM JIM SPEED RUN ALREADY!!

fixed
welcome to the machine
Quote from cyghfer:
Personally, I thought this run was great.  It was quick, and I was surprised how funny it was.  Half the games I watch I've never seen before, so this was a pleasant surprise.  Sure, it may not be that difficult a game, but half the games that are insanely difficult are incredibly boring to watch, no matter how "good" the runner is. 

In the end, we're trying to speed-run games.  But also in the end, people are going to watch these games.  What's more entertaining, watching someone mash a bunch of buttons in a dungeon crawler or RPG, or seeing someone speed through a creative indie game?  The entertainment aspect is often secondary, but there are reasons people love to watch Super Mario in 5 minutes rather than 22 minutes of some random Disney game.
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I liked the credits best. I hadn't listened to them before.