Sad
<- 123456
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Whip it good.
I actually used the "list of features" idea for a college paper on genres. It is more... eh... "enlightening" than you would think. Or at least it helped give the professor the headache he deserved!
Of course, it does take more than merely making such a list... and as many have pointed out, it is potentially pointless. to the best of my knowledge, no genre -regardless of medium- is rigid; no definition of any genre will satisfy all.
The on thing I was actually wondering was... how is the idea of playing-them-all coming along? Which ones do you already intend to play?
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-11 10:57:49 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-11 10:51:21 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Well, I'm taking a break at the moment because work is very stressful, and has had long hours. I'll be starting it up again next year most likely. I've posted videos on youtube (justin.tv upload), and am not satisfied with the quality, so I think I'll be doing DVD recordings from now on.

Here's the current list of games: http://backloggery.com/rpgconquest

I'm using the 5 star rating to indicate how much I feel the game falls inline with the RPG genre.

A side note to the above, but still on topic. I tried to argue with Mobygames' moderators about the Yakuza series not being an RPG. Someone on the staff thought this was valid, and removed the RPG tag, but another added it back a few months later. I haven't played the series myself, but from what I've heard and seen, it's not what I would consider an RPG.
Make it so.
Quote from ZenicReverie:
A side note to the above, but still on topic. I tried to argue with Mobygames' moderators about the Yakuza series not being an RPG. Someone on the staff thought this was valid, and removed the RPG tag, but another added it back a few months later. I haven't played the series myself, but from what I've heard and seen, it's not what I would consider an RPG.

I dream of the day when all new RPGs come with a "Verified by Zenic" logo Grin
Waiting hurts my soul...
lol
Re: MAI ASS-BURGERS: Step one is making a list. Step two is doing a univariate regression on each variable on the list. Then we do a multivariate regression and pick the top however many factors, then we use that model to make some predictions about games we didn't use to make the model and see if those predictions match up with the way people view the games. If successful, we write up our methodology and results and use them to bludgeon people on GameFAQs.

J/K STEP ONE IS GOING TO WORK AT 5 AM AND NOT PLAYING ANY VIDEO GAMES ANYMORE