--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
ChickenB0h BOH! :D
i would add it's still fun to watch it thou Smiley
If we were you, we would quit now.
I would also like to add... at least it gives us a reference on how long a speedrun could take. I'm thinking under an hour is definitely possible.
SandeProHiQu on YouTube send me a message with an in-game script to do bunny hopping in Portal 2. Are in-game scripts allowed?

Here is the script:
//+plusjump script

alias "plusjump" "+jump; wait; -jump"
alias "+plusjump" "plusjump; plusjump_wait-test; alias plusjump_wait-test_result plusjump_wait-test=negative; wait 2; plusjump_wait-test_result"
alias "plusjump_wait-test" "wait; alias plusjump_wait-test_result plusjump_wait-test=positive"
alias "plusjump_wait-test=positive" "alias plusjump_ref plusjump_exec; wait; plusjump_ref"
alias "plusjump_wait-test=negative" "echo '+plusjump' script failed. 'Wait' command is disabled on the current server."
alias "-plusjump" "wait 2; alias plusjump_ref"
alias "plusjump_exec" "plusjump; wait 2; plusjump_ref"s
bind "space" "+plusjump"

You can either type this into the console for the duration of the game being open, or put it into an autoexec.cfg for indefinite duration.
Quote from DemonStrate:
Are in-game scripts allowed?

Nope.

Feel free to do your run with scripts and just not submit to SDA, though. Everyone here is still likely to hear about it and watch it.
Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
Quote from DemonStrate:
Are in-game scripts allowed?

Nope.

Feel free to do your run with scripts and just not submit to SDA, though. Everyone here is still likely to hear about it and watch it.

That really defies logic... there is no way you can regulate/enforce that either way. It is part of the game's engine to allow you to do that. Because of that 'rule', I'll stick with the mousewheel for now.

I will be submitting my run to SDA, because it is the only way I know of how to get into the Guinness Book of World Records. Also, how do you enforce someone from buying and using keyboard like this?:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191

I don't have that keyboard, but it is the top rated gaming keyboard on Newegg, so I'm sure a number of people have it, or something similar if they are a gamer.
Edit history:
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 04:37:11 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 04:36:00 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 04:35:18 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 04:30:47 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 04:29:17 pm
Yep, I have that keyboard. Yep, it has macro capabilities (though I've never used them personally). Hardware macros are banned just like AHK is banned and in-game scripts are banned.

As far as the 'it's part of the game' argument goes... yeah well so is this, remember?

Yeah, it's difficult, if not impossible, to enforce the no-scripting rule. There are plenty of rules at SDA that are similarly unenforceable. For instance, for many games one could easily submit a segmented run and claim it was single segment. We simply rely on honesty (and detect deception where we can, of course, but we know that a sufficiently knowledgable and intelligent cheat will be able to slip cheated runs past us with impunity.)

I seriously don't know why you care about getting into Guinness, lol. They have no consistent ruleset and just pluck times from SDA or TwinGalaxies, and I'm not even sure if they bother correcting for timing differences. Nobody who sees your time in the GBoR among the thousands of others will remember your name because of it, or appreciate what went into getting that time or how it was done, or, frankly, give a shit at all. You will get more views simply by having the run on YouTube, and each of those viewers will understand more, care more, and tell more people about it than someone who reads a handful of words on a page in a book.

For what it's worth, back when scripts were banned I argued that we should've had an exception for turbo scripts, because otherwise people would just get hardware like your funky mousewheel to do the same thing (and purely for that reason). But people didn't agree and the decision is made now, so we just have to deal with it or choose not to submit to SDA.
Sounds like someone is a little PO'd that they will never be as good as DemonStrate and never be good enough at anything to be in a book of any sort. I can't speak for DemonStrate, but I'd love to be in the Guinness Book of World Records not because people will remember me or it'll get me more views, but for the prestige of being able to say that I was in the Guinness Book of World Records. Most people on the internet won't give a shit that you're in it. Most of his friends will think it's cool.
Sandbagging
Quote from SolHeiM:
Sounds like someone is a little PO'd that they will never be as good as DemonStrate and never be good enough at anything to be in a book of any sort.

*facepalms*
Quote from SolHeiM:
Sounds like someone is a little PO'd that they will never be as good as DemonStrate and never be good enough at anything to be in a book of any sort.

Are you serious?
Quote from SolHeiM:

lolwut

Sounds like somebody is being somewhat stupid. Also sounds like ExplodingCabbage is just making sure DemonStrate doesn't submit an unacceptable run. And DemonStrate: saying it's "in the game" is kind of a moot point when talking about Source games, as the console there gives you full access to the engine. And don't say that anything that doesn't use "sv_cheats 1" should be acceptable, because then I could just "map sp_a5_credits" my way through.

As far as figuring out whether something is allowed is concerned, you can be pretty sure that if it involves the console or modifying files, it's not allowed. And yes, it's fully possible to bind jump to mwheeldown (or up) without the console.
Balls jerky
you should probably post another video on youtube about it and get some goons to swarm this thread
Quote from dballin:
you should probably post another video on youtube about it and get some goons to swarm this thread

Represent.
we have lift off
Doing that potentially cost him getting the run on the site. There's no need to go on about it, leave it in the past where it belongs - also the picture? really?
Hi all, I posted a video a little while back with the guestname "phil". Me and IsraeliRD did a run of mp_coop_tbeam_polarity3 (known as "Excursion Funnels, chamber 7"). Currently there isn't a run up for it on adzicents' wiki page. Here's the video:

I'm pretty sure this is *close* to the fastest route Smiley
In terms of possible improvements, and I haven't tried this yet, maybe constantly reportaling upwards until you reach the ledge instead of using the excursion funnel would save a good chunk of time? (I might upload another video of that sometime later when I get the time)
I put my next set of updated route videos on http://sourceruns.org/index.php?board=17.0. They were mainly updates using the button save glitch. Most impressive IMO is the laser_over_goo route update.
King Laskdjf
Quote from DemonStrate:
I put my next set of updated route videos on http://sourceruns.org/index.php?board=17.0. They were mainly updates using the button save glitch. Most impressive IMO is the laser_over_goo route update.

Which I've already told you several times is MUCH easier than you made it.
Edit history:
Wilco: 2011-06-13 11:13:22 am

I did try to place the portals while soaring throug the air (majestically like an eagle), but for me was too hard to do in real time.

Another one:

Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2011-06-13 02:24:39 pm
Quote from adzicents:
Quote from DemonStrate:

Which I've already told you several times is MUCH easier than you made it.

Easier is relative.

Edit: You know, explaining something would have been much easier:
Portal 2 - Laser Over Goo - F-ing Annoying
Edit history:
Wilco: 2011-06-13 03:46:35 pm
Wilco: 2011-06-13 03:46:27 pm
Wilco: 2011-06-13 03:46:00 pm
Quote from DemonStrate:
You know, explaining something would have been much easier
c'mon DemonStrate, you could've asked. but nice to see you finally nailed it.

It's also important to note that you need to place the exit portal relatively low (e.g. not against the ceiling) to allow for the jump.

Question; could some of you explain how the button save glitch exactly works? cause I can't seem to get it to work.
Sometimes it looks like i've got it, but whenever I load the save, the button just pops up again.
It looks like the button is pressed when I load the save but then it instantly checks to see if something is on the button and deactivates itself.
Am I doing it wrong??

challenge is to get out of the map using this launch(in last few clips) prize to whoever gets it first.
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2011-06-18 03:29:05 am
^ Not possible, there's an invisible wall blocking off that whole area. It IS possible to get out of bounds using that launch though, but it's hard as hell (you have to launch straight up and manage to take the box up with you) and I haven't pulled it off. Known about it for a pretty long time though.
Quote from Paraxade:
^ Not possible, there's an invisible wall blocking off that whole area. It IS possible to get out of bounds using that launch though, but it's hard as hell (you have to launch straight up and manage to take the box up with you) and I haven't pulled it off. Known about it for a pretty long time though.

not impossible, with the right angle you can go over it. the invisible wall only goes as high as the far yellow beam so if you make it over to it with enough speed you can make it.i almost had it in one of those clips/
I posted this everywhere else so.. hell, why not. Here's a video of me soloing mp_coop_fan in 50 seconds.

480p: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SN5D7QN0
1080p: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57RJ7ZAW
Quote from BananasaurusRex:
I posted this everywhere else so.. hell, why not. Here's a video of me soloing mp_coop_fan in 50 seconds.

Why would you put up a megaupload link, have you heard of youtube??
Quote from RøvRapunzel:
Quote from BananasaurusRex:

Why would you put up a megaupload link, have you heard of youtube??

Because we upload all our official content on my partner's channel in full courses after editing. I don't want to start posting the same stuff on two different youtube channels, in a half-assed format on one of them. It was just a quick upload to show the run, relax. Can't you wait two minutes for a 50MB video to download?