Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 43 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Here's (in attach) a trick I found for mp_coop_rat_maze. May be useful but I really don't know.

Yes, Inexistence is a word.
I don't think that can count for coop_paint_speed_catch... If you were to play it in non-coop, it would load a save, not revive you... I guess we need to define what solo co-op actually is.. Either we play it in co-op, but only one person, or we play it in single-player.

Single-Player, I think. We get the button glitch, and we don't need an extra person there for no reason.

I was working on this route for the last few days, so this is what I found. I split this into 4 segments. The first part of this route is definitely faster than doing it normally, however I'm not too sure about the second part (from 1:10). Maybe it would be faster to do it the normal way, I don't know. But it just looks damn cool.
Woo, look what I found
Edit history:
Paturata: 2011-05-22 08:48:53 am
Quote from SoftlyAdverse:
Woo, look what I found

Wow, nice find.
Edit history:
00Svo: 2011-05-22 02:50:39 pm
Quote from adzicents:
00Svo:
mp_coop_race_2 is possible, Kingpin and I were trying a co-op route that involved bunnyhopping the gap and he could pull it off.

Havent been able to make that jump no matter how hard i try, i dont believe its possible, unless if you provide a video or demo or something.
came up with a workaround but its too slow.
Quote from 00Svo:
unless if you provide a video or demo or something.

Nice! I knew the jump was possible, but I didn't think the button could be pressed too. Amazingly done!
Yeah, this guy (Airdecade) is definitely a monster xD
WOW this guys gold is he a member here?
His videos skip out maps that can't be done. I was thinking he'd done the whole thing solo :P. There's some maps that we can do (mainly via the button glitch) that he hasn't included. Still, he's very good.
I have a question for you guys, is there any way to during chapter 8 change the portal gun skin so you don't have the mounted potato on it? It's not that I have anything against it but it'd be fun to take some shots in there but it's pretty spoilery with the potato, and I mean.. while I have nothing against it and story wise it was hilarious, it can be a little distracting to have it there when you're just playing around in speedruns.. Well not really but it's a personal preference to just have the clean portal gun.
trepidation
I'm sure there is a way, but (correct me if I'm wrong) altering the game's code in any way makes any record you may acquire null and void. Now, if there was an in game glitch you could take advantage of, that would be a different story...
Quote from Caveberry:
I'm sure there is a way, but (correct me if I'm wrong) altering the game's code in any way makes any record you may acquire null and void. Now, if there was an in game glitch you could take advantage of, that would be a different story...

changing the portal gun's skin is not illegal i dont think.
Hi everyone!
I see 1st and 5th of my "solving co-op alone" videos were posted here. I want you to know there are videos for every course:

Play-list

Also I must note that these videos were made by two of us - me and inc. And inc actually performed all the trick jumps in these videos.
Another Havok glitch. Found this a while ago, but was too lazy to make the video.
More or less same principle than with the speed glitch with turrent. Helpful, maybe?
If we were you, we would quit now.
Quote from wolfhowlmedia:
Another Havok glitch. Found this a while ago, but was too lazy to make the video.
More or less same principle than with the speed glitch with turrent. Helpful, maybe?

That is just standard physics deformation. See Half-Life 2 Done Quick.
Thats what i´ve found:

Quote from Planktonist:
Thats what i´ve found:

Been known for over a month, and posted previously on YouTube, in this thread, and on the SourceRuns forum.
Edit history:
Laufas: 2011-05-30 03:54:26 pm

You could probably go through it quicker with the excursion funnel glitch but I'm not the least bit impressed with routes using it, and I know it's not really relevant for you guys since you WILL use whatever is the quickest, but this is just for fun and I found a creative, quick way of going through it.

To describe what I do.. In the beginning I found a glitch where if you placed a portal infront the glass then another one and pressed the button through the portal you'd glitch push it allowing you to press it even if the glass was in the way.
Hi, don't mind me, just intruding here. I made a speed run of the game. I beat it in 1 hour, 34 minutes, 22 seconds.

It has a lot of flaws and doesn't use a lot of tricks I have seen, particularly reportaling, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD3CDFF0B75369CA8

I believe this may be the world record of the complete game at the moment. Could be wrong, but I haven't found anything faster at the moment, even if every map has been done faster. If it is the WR, I'm just wondering if through some insane twist of luck this could possibly be submitted here. I have the all the demo files if YouTube isn't good enough. If not, best of luck to you all and I look forward to Portal 2 Done Pro, Demon.
Well, it's small, and it's probably been found, but I'm not going through 30 pages to make sure...

King Laskdjf
Quote from Cheeseofdoom:
Well, it's small, and it's probably been found, but I'm not going through 30 pages to make sure...

You don't need to go through 30 pages if you just read the first post and look through the links there.
Quote from adzicents:
Quote from Cheeseofdoom:

You don't need to go through 30 pages if you just read the first post and look through the links there.

I'm a derp Tongue

I see that the first video under that section skips the entire part, so disregard my post.
Quote from stbeecher:
Hi, don't mind me, just intruding here. I made a speed run of the game. I beat it in 1 hour, 34 minutes, 22 seconds.

It has a lot of flaws and doesn't use a lot of tricks I have seen, particularly reportaling, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLD3CDFF0B75369CA8

I believe this may be the world record of the complete game at the moment. Could be wrong, but I haven't found anything faster at the moment, even if every map has been done faster. If it is the WR, I'm just wondering if through some insane twist of luck this could possibly be submitted here. I have the all the demo files if YouTube isn't good enough. If not, best of luck to you all and I look forward to Portal 2 Done Pro, Demon.

It would be a bad idea to submit this to SDA. Firstly, we aren't really about WRs. Having a WR in speedrunning doesn't count for much with most games because not many people attempt speedruns; usually having the WR means nobody else has seriously tried yet, and that's the case here. Instead, at SDA we just care about having high quality speedruns that are up to the standard of the rest of the stuff on the site. The fact that you didn't bunnyhop, didn't use the best known tricks and routes, and that there was lots of room to improve your execution, means that there's no chance this run would be accepted.

Not that there's anything wrong with you having done this run or posted it on the forum for us to watch, of course - it's just that it isn't up to the standards needed to be accepted on the main site.