Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Expert Donkey Fister

this game is a gem so i want to expose it a little.
critics gave it bad ratings and compared it to the baldurs gate series on xbox or ps2.
item depth is not vast but the combat is great, probably the best ive ever experienced in any action rpg. baldurs gate on the other hand has no combos its just wiggling your weapon from side to side.

you wont find good gameplay videos on youtube because without animation cancelling the game is boring.
you can cancel weapon swings and spells by tapping the quick item select menu which leads to versatile and furious combat.
when you rapidly spam the first swing of a combo you become a lawnmower.. sounds op but not when you play on nightmare.

on nightmare every simple spider or skeleton becomes a foe you need to respect and learn to fight against. at the start of the game they can kill you in something like 2 hits and do counter attacks so you cant just attack spam.
blocking has an actual purpose in this game, though mostly only in 1v1 situations.
when outnumbered you need to have good movement and time/cancel your hits well.

there are a couple of OP spells like the ones that outright stun enemies or ranged spells so you need to restrict yourself to not use these, otherwise any challege is gone.

i beat the game on nightmare with the cleric (the most fun char imo), there are instakills and moments you believe this is impossible but its not, you need a lot of determination and patience.
id never consider to speedrun this game, at least not on nightmare because you will die, period.
im currently halfway trough a no death run but i need a break. i will however have this game around for whenever i need a brutal single player game with instant feedback (attacks, spells, mistakes..).

if you have an old xbox laying around and a few bucks to get the game on amazon, DO IT! its one of a kind.

Thread title: