List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/vvvvvv.html

VVVVVV (Any %) (Single Segment) [VVVVVV: No Death Mode]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I'm usually bad at doing detailed comments, so I'll keep it short.  A/V is good, no cheating.  Time is indeed 14:05, as shown at the end.  Very impressive run, only improvements I can see would be movement improvements to not get stuck going into walls.  Definitely giving this an accept.

Quote:
A/V fine, no evidence of cheating.

Awesome run. Over other runs of this game I've seen, the runner attempts some riskier tricks that get executed beautifully. Even good SS runs of normal mode have some unintentional deaths, so a run of this caliber on no death mode gains even more respect from me. This seems very practiced; I get the sense that in a lot of places, it wouldn't make a difference to the runner if he was blind. I also find it funny that he says he dies more often on traffic jam than for example failing the Stop and Reflect trick. The autoscrollers all end very quickly, which is a very nice touch, and the torus levels are really well done. Only noticeable mistake is on the way to Space Station 2, and of all the places he could jump too early, that certainly was one of the least harmful. Getting vitillary off the edge in don't be afraid actually goes faster than the other accepted run.

No brainer here: Accept

Quote:
A/V fine.

Excellent run, no effective mistakes and a bunch of great risky strats. Particularly nice to see Intermission 1 go smoothly as it can be just plain irritating in a few places.

Accept

Quote:
Audio/video good.

Only a few small movement errors that I could see that cost a few seconds. Like the others, not much to say other than this run is amazing.

Looking forward to 100% no death mode.

ACCEPT

Quote:
Sorry I'm late, insert excuse related to school finals here.

A/V is good enough for me.

I'm slightly blown away by this run. Skillful, artful, and almost magical.

I vote a heartfelt accept!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jared 'FieryBlizzard' Klein!
Thread title:  
Sandbagging
Great run FieryBlizzard! Always happy about new VVVVVV stuff Smiley
Is PJ
Quote from Exo:
Great run FieryBlizzard! Always happy about new VVVVVV stuff Smiley
So I was talking to PJ when I submitted this about whether or not this would be verified before or after I was done with finals. I finished finals today, so I have no idea what this qualifies as...

Anyways, thanks to all the verifiers for verifying this run! I think I'm going to try and improve one more record while practicing for AGDQ, so hopefully that will happen. As for 100% no-death, it's looking more feasible than it did a month ago (there's still a 0% chance of me seriously attempting the category at all). We'll see though. It all depends what I can do before AGDQ rolls around.
Not a walrus
Unless you finished your finals before 7:40 am (adjusted for time zone), then this wins.
Ah, true. I was taking the final at 7:40am, so that would be before I finished. Would be more interesting if it were the same time I handed in my final. (The first post is marked at 9:40am, which would be when I handed in my final. :P)
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-12-19 05:58:12 pm
Not a walrus
Well, like I said. Adjusted for timezone. 7:40 is when it was posted in my timezone. Sounds like a tie, then!
Professional Second Banana
At least we know FieryBlizzard passed the more important of the two. Wink