Vectorman 2 (pc/ntscus) () [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'TheWinslinator'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Vectorman 2 (pc/ntscus) () [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Vectorman2-20160601/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
The Great Farming Empire
A/V Quality - Good
No cheating here.

Solid improvement here. Since there doesn't seem to be any significant differences in game versions that affect gameplay, I would say this should count as an improvement not as a different category. Other than that, it seems really solid to me!

Accept
SEGA Junkie
All good on the quality front. StatID says audio commentary on track 2 but there is none - assuming you're adding this later?

This is an excellent run, to be sure, but how did I never try those pods on stage 18 and find the tornados? For such gross failure to do my due diligence I should hand in my speedrunner card. (Although I'm always going to be fond of the strat I found because of the ingenuity involved in making it work...)

I happen to know this was done on the PC version too, and everything has a bit more of a purple tint than the Genesis version (or in the case of the stage 17 boss, is just slathered in purple). But thankfully it's more colourful in general, so that makes up for it!

Accept!

Also yes this should obsolete my old run, if for no other reason than real time is the standard now and a PAL run kind of flies in the face of that. It's even worse in the original Vectorman, but we'll cross that bridge should we ever get there.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Video is good. Some of the sound effects and parts in the music don't sound right but it's probably the emulator used for the Smash Pack. No cheating detected.

This run is an improvement over the current published run. This run is overall cleaner and better executed, especially the boss fights in Stages 4,15,and 22 and the use of an earlier tornado in Stage 18. I timed from the start of Stage 1 until the Stage end music started after Stage 22 and got 10:53.19.

I accept this run as an improvement over the currently published run. Good job runner!
This is an old-school platformer in my taste, so I felt like I had to take a look. Everything looks good (even though there are the few "obligatory" minor execution mistakes) and the runner blazes through the levels, like it should be done in a speedrun. I haven't re-watched the current SDA-run, but the new run is clearly faster (even when taking into account the PAL-NTSC difference). If audio commentary will be provided in time for publication, as the stat-ID suggests, I'll definitely watch it again!

Accept
Decision posted.
Thanks everyone!

I've had the audio commentary script done for a while now, but haven't had a chance to record it. I believe I'll be able to have it done by the end of next week.
Audio commentary has been submitted, for those interested. I did it like 2 weeks ago but forgot to report it here.