Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Bart vs The Space Mutants

More like Bart vs The Controls. I remember this game when I was younger, and the controls are seriously crap.

With that said, this run is really good. TMR has a solid plan and very good execution. There are a few little hiccups here an there, but nothing serious. He has become one with the controls in this game.

Accept

Quote from Dragondarch:
Game: The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
Audio/Video: No audio issues, but the video has wavy lines, reminiscent of electric interference. It's also cropped at a weird resolution, but it doesn't seem that anything important is cut off so no biggie.
Cheating: None detected.

This game is really awkward to control. Keep in mind that "Run" and "Jump" are mapped to the same button. So at first glance it looks like he slows down before every jump, that's 100% intentional since he has to let go of the button and repress it to jump. GG Game.
I'd have to say the route looks solid, or rather the Power Plant routing looks solid since every other stage is "Go right." Well, he does have to route out which Purples/Hats/Balloons/Exit Signs to collect, but that's minor compared to the maze that is the Power Plant. The death warps were a nice touch, and made all those extra lives he'd been picking up worth it.
There's a few minor mistakes, mostly slightly mistimed jumps here and there (again, Power Plant is where most of these happen, but those jumps suck anyway). The most obvious mistake is the one missed Exit Sign in the Museum, which he had to repeat the jumps up to, but that only cost 3 seconds tops.

Also, I could have sworn we already had a site run of this, but now that I think of it, I may have been thinking of the TAS.

Easy ACCEPT of a pretty bad game.

Timing note: Depending on where we want to stick the end point: There's 2 possibilities...
If we stick it when runner talks to Maggie (both when the screen starts to fade or after it goes completely black): 16:59
If we stick it when the pacifier lands in the power grid: 17:01

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Piotr 'TheMexicanRunner' Delgado Kusielczuk!
Thread title: