List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Immortal (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well I thought I already did this... Wonder where I posted it... I did feel like it should be accepted, I remember that much. If I dont edit this post with more, Im sorry.

Quote:
Definitely acceptable! No cheating detected. It was very thrilling and showed exceptional knowledge of the nuances of the game to make this a spectacular watch. One or 2 small 1 second oopsies but nothing that takes away from the game.. especially with how tempermental it can be.

Quote:
Took the fastest route in terms of items and encounters.  As far as I can tell, there is only one known trick that isn't used this run (skipping the Bait by killing the flyer on top of the floor switch in level 5 - an extremely hard trick for the tiny amount of time it saves).  He got all the battle skips and even found a good setup for the tricky one in level 1.

Some highlights:  Manipulation of the acid puddles in level 2.  Getting all 3 wisps to attack the goblins.  Doing the amulet skip on the troll at the end of level 4 while walking around the circle 3 times.  A good fight against the flyers in the room after the shrinking potion.

Some suggestions:  At the end of level 2, I think going left, middle, right for the gems would have been faster, but I could be wrong.  Using the carpet in the first room of Level 4 as soon as you get it would be faster than walking.

Audio and video and gameplay are all great.  Accept.

-- EDIT --
Some clarification on category:
This run is Any%, Bad Ending, With Deaths, Single-segment

Good Ending involves picking up the Ring while you're doing the magic carpet area and then talking to Anna in the next level.  This takes an addition 20-ish seconds, though it can vary a lot because the magic carpet is really tough to control.

The run has one death which is used to bypass two fights in the shrinking-potion room.  These fights can also be bypassed in a deathless run by manipulation of the enemies, though the deathless method takes another 6 seconds or so.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Brian 'Boxfat' Ringeisen!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2012-12-19 09:49:09 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
I'm looking forward to watching this one. I'm guessing this is the NES version.
Arbitrary forum emu
Yes, this is the NES version. Which means ROB HUBBARD soundtrack! *swoon*

Thanks to the verifiers for the feedback, especially [mystery verifier #3 whose name clearly does not rhyme with weasel]! I have to say it made me laugh a bit to see my name in this manner. :3

The points made by that verifier are quite valid. Here's what I have to say about them:
To defend my choice to go right/middle/left in level 2: it was more of a consistency issue. I found that a lot of times if I was in a rush coming back from the circle on the right side, I'd often fall down the ladder and die. Approaching the ladder from the top was much safer. I probably should have run tests to see how much time each side took.

And I'm not really sure why in level 4 I never thought to use the carpet in the first room, especially since I figured out that the carpet was usable to skip the troll fight in the room just before Ana.

Might attack this game again many months down the road, but it'll be difficult to beat the level 2 luck I had in this run. Tongue
Rob Hubbard!?

*hype*

Grats.